Star Wars RPG Group

Osrik

So, I've decided that I will be starting a tabletop RPG group here if there is enough interest, specifically playing Star Wars Edge of the Empire   . You don't really need to be a Star Wars fan to play, and a lack of knowledge of the events and source material won't put you at a disadvantage.

We would probably meet every week or every other week depending on scheduling, using Roll20 and possibly Discord. As we will be doing a continuing campaign, players should try to make the majority of sessions, but missing one from time to time will not be a major issue.

So, who's interested? And what is your availability? Right now the possible days/times on my side are: after 8 PM EST on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday.

Okay, so it looks like Friday works the best for the greatest number of people (sorry Lady, would starting later help?), so we will most likely be aiming for Fridays at 8 PM EST.

If this works, I would like to start character creation relatively soon, possibly this Friday or over the weekend. This would not require everyone to be present (and best if you're not; there are aspects of your character you might want to keep secret from the rest of the party), though you might want to confer with each other on character ideas beforehand.

3 hours ago, #00Buck said:

Can I be R2D2?

46 minutes ago, Kosha said:

I want this. I imagine Buck being a cigar chomping, wise cracking, Astromech droid.

Though I am pretty certain this was a shitpost, the funny thing is, that would be a perfectly legitimate (R2 units are specifically suggesting as an option under the droid "species") and even somewhat fitting (we're playing scum, after all) character in this system. Hell, one of my previous parties had an unhinged R2 with a built in flamethrower as an NPC companion.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kosha said:

Are we doing this today or next week?

We will be starting next week, but i would like to run through character creation for as many people as possible before that. So, I think I will start tonight...\

@Kosha @Zerig @Falaffel @Eggdodger @DrGravitas @Vaer @LadyRadarEars

For anyone who is available, I can help you start making your character. We will not be starting until next week, but I want to get as many characters done before that as I can.

https://app.roll20.net/join/1638445/CS8b3A

1 hour ago, Kosha said:

I still think there should be a character named "Mel Murr."

Also, I noticed you didn't invite Buck.

Okay, on the off chance it wasn't a shitpost, I'll give it my all to recruit him:

@#00Buck

Do you want in? You could play as one of your people:

535px-MonCals_SWG.jpg

"Sexy" pic for extra enticement:

Mon_Calamari_NEGAS.jpg

You know you want the sexy fish. Play with us.

5 minutes ago, Kosha said:

Quick Question: Are we going by Star Wars Canon, Star Wars Legends, or are we blurring the lines between both?

Legends, both because I know it well and the FFG game uses the old canon heavily (as there would be almost nothing to draw from without it). However, the campaign will be taking place during the times of the original trilogy (We'll be starting a bit before the Battle of Yavin), so it won't make a huge difference in terms of timeline events, more just the greater variety in weapons, equipment, ships, and locations provided by the old EU.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Osrik said:

Okay, on the off chance it wasn't a shitpost, I'll give it my all to recruit him:

@#00Buck

Do you want in? You could play as one of your people:

535px-MonCals_SWG.jpg

"Sexy" pic for extra enticement:

Mon_Calamari_NEGAS.jpg

You know you want the sexy fish. Play with us.

You can make me NPC droid. 

I don't have time to play but thanks for offering. 

@Falaffel @Eggdodger @DrGravitas @Vaer @LadyRadarEars @Kosha @Zerig

Continuing with character creation. We will go over general choices of species and career, as well as party decisions, and then I will work with everyone individually (possibly through voice chat, to speed things up) to create their characters.

Also Important note: Sessions will now be at 9:30 PM EST on Fridays, rather than 8:00.

https://app.roll20.net/join/1638445/CS8b3A

Nine times out of ten I have closing shifts from 3 to 11 pm est on fridays, I was only off this past friday because I was almost inordinate and they didn't want to pay me overtime money. I'm free on mondays and sundays all day, everything else is up in the air dependent on the schedule I get on the tuesday of that week, so if its going to be on fridays I'm going to have to bow out, sorry :<

@Zerig @Kosha @LadyRadarEars @DrGravitas @Vaer @Eggdodger @Falaffel

Small Update/Reminder: We will be meeting for our first session at 6:30 rather than 6:00 PM EST tonight.

Also, would everyone be okay with doing voice chat?

With 7-8 people, I expect the text chat could become somewhat chaotic and hard for everyone to follow, so voice chat might work slightly better. We would be using voice chat mostly for narration and role-playing, while the text log on Roll20 would be for rolls, questions, and secret/private interactions (if you're trying to pickpocket another party member, for example) and conversations between party members.

41 minutes ago, Osrik said:

Also, would everyone be okay with doing voice chat?

I am also fine with voice chat. Although I may be speaking under my breath because I'll be in a library for the day so please excuse me if I'll be a little quiet.

@Zerig @Kosha @LadyRadarEars @DrGravitas @Vaer @Eggdodger

Update: Session this Sunday is cancelled due to a player having work. Next session will be in 2 weeks time.

Also, I realize I never went over the rules in any detail at the beginning of last session with all the confusion as to where everyone was, so I will go over the rules (that comic is good for the symbology, but there are other things you guys should know) and some gameplay notes/tips at the beginning of the next session.

4 hours ago, Osrik said:

@Zerig @Kosha @LadyRadarEars @DrGravitas @Vaer @Eggdodger

As a reminder, we will be meeting for our second session this Sunday.

We may be starting a little late, as my work schedule was just changed today, but it shouldn't be any later than 7:30 PM EST, and I might be able to leave early, so it might be as early as 6:30 PM.

Roger Roger :3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Kosha said:

I'm going to be out of town this weekend. I should be back before then, but just in case I'm late: start without me.

Okay, if necessary, the lizard will stay in the ship to hide his baby arm in shame...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Osrik said:

@Zerig @Kosha @LadyRadarEars @DrGravitas @Vaer

The session this Sunday will be cancelled due to a player being away. We will continue next Sunday.

Regarding next week, I will be doing primary after-hours monitoring duties. Sundays are usually very short (maybe an hour and a half at most) but it does start at 7pm est. It's not a deal breaker; I can still participate, but I may be a bit distracted and have to stop to do some things during that period.

• 3 weeks later...