Souls Games

Luca

Lets get a place set up to talk about these grossly incandescent games again. You like the lore, the gameplay, the PVP? Talk about it all and try warn people when your gonna drop a story spoiler. Sorry I'm not gonna retype all the stuff I did last time. I'm lazy.

1438996238480.thumb.jpg.11ffb577ae0490c4

• Like 1

I'm still only like a quarter or halfway through Dark Souls 2. I guess I'll have it finished by the time Dark Souls 4 rolls around in 2020.

DaS2 is considered the worst of the series. If you haven't played the other yet, you might consider setting that one aside and start playing DaS1, Bloodborne, or DeS.

• 2 weeks later...

I only ever tried DS2. Reviews already suggested the controls on PC were awful ported garbage so I used a controller instead... but still hated them. Oh well. Still kept playing for a little while just because the visual style interested me (although the graphics weren't really impressive themselves) but got bored before long.

Might have given the next one a chance but I'm not running windows anymore so it seems unlikely at this point. Maybe someday there will be one that's SteamOS compatible and then I can play it on linux... since that seems to be the major source of compatible games for me.

DaS2 is considered the worst of the series. If you haven't played the other yet, you might consider setting that one aside and start playing DaS1, Bloodborne, or DeS.

I liked Dark Souls a lot less than the sequel. Demon's Souls was  a heck of a lot better, but I might pick up Bloodborne at some point. I need to expand my PS4 library further at some point.

Dark Souls eh? Well I like the PVP. Had a level 200+ character with a +15 halberd and fully upgraded Black Iron Armor. A monster, but that is all gone because I was unabe to do a data backup. Now I'm back at being a scrub again and getting owned by those faggot magic spamming backstab exploiters. Heard some people say you can win at this game even with crappy equipment if you have skill. That's true, if you're a korean that is. Otherwise that statement does not apply. Ugh I'm just upset that I have to build a decent character all over again because my asshole PS3 refused to make me do a data backup

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, Leem said:

I did a lot of playthroughs of Dark Souls 1 and 2, would anyone say it's worth getting Scholar of the First Sin? I heard that it adds a lot of new features and the DLC but I'm still kinda iffy.

It's certainly a lot more challenging, I never played the DLC beforehand and they're great, Eleum Loyce especially.  Bigger fight clubs saves on the wait time too, vanilla's community has kinder died down.

On 12/14/2015 at 1:37 PM, Leem said:

I did a lot of playthroughs of Dark Souls 1 and 2, would anyone say it's worth getting Scholar of the First Sin? I heard that it adds a lot of new features and the DLC but I'm still kinda iffy.

if you never played the DLC it's absolute worth it for that alone. The DLC has some of the best bosses and areas in the game. also on PC you get a cheaper upgrade price. Even without that it does add a lot to the game and the new placements of stuff is pretty good.

Also I love PvP and most of my 600+ hours on both versions of DS2 are pvp. here's a fightclub i was part of. My character is "Suzy the Plain" who while is a mess in terms of damage and stuff have my favorite fashion. I have lots of characters and many different builds.