Desired Home

Tsuujou

I want to know where you guys want to live. Post an example pic and explain a bit what you want and maybe why. If you already have your dream home, share! But obviously don't give too many deets you don't want in the open. :y

Anytime I attempt to draw a home interior, it's usually something like this. Luxury, 1 bedroom, studio flat. I'd love to live in one of these since I intend to live alone or accommodate 1 other person. Something like this pic...

flat.jpg

Sleek, clean angular designs. Grays, blacks, and whites. Metal/marble finishes. I'd take a light colored carpet though (at least in my bedroom, I'll take a tiled floor elsewhere). Not a wood grain fan. Not a fan of anything ornate either so that pic basically nails my aesthetic preference besides the floor. 

11 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I want to know where you guys want to live. Post an example pic and explain a bit what you want and maybe why. If you already have your dream home, share! But obviously don't give too many deets you don't want in the open. :y

Anytime I attempt to draw a home interior, it's usually something like this. Luxury, 1 bedroom, studio flat. I'd love to live in one of these since I intend to live alone or accommodate 1 other person. Something like this pic...

flat.jpg

Sleek, clean angular designs. Grays, blacks, and whites. Metal/marble finishes. I'd take a light colored carpet though (at least in my bedroom, I'll take a tiled floor elsewhere). Not a wood grain fan. Not a fan of anything ornate either so that pic basically nails my aesthetic preference besides the floor. 

It looks like a fucking elevator

I already posted this in the "things you want" thread, but something like this.

architecture-design-fancy-home-Favim.com-3108849.jpg.4ba3e21dade559722436bef1030ae291.jpg

Except isolated, in a forest, and on the side of a mountain / top of a hill.

Modern interior, formal modern furniture, blacks and whites.
Very sharp and "business."
Lots of windows with a nice view.
Hot tub, pool, and lots of balconies / patio areas.
Mostly stone, but some low pile carpet in some rooms, and some wood paneling (dark) in stuff like the computer office and the bar.

If you think a place where a rich CEO of a company would live, that kind of shit.

• Like 1

I don't have many grand dreams, I'd like somewhere just out of the city medium in size with a decent sized bedroom for my partner and myself, a spare bedroom for visitors. A study, maybe a nice sun room with french double doors, nice hard wood floors, a nice padded room for the boyfriend's music. A nice wooden deck around the house with french doors around the house and a granite bench-top in the kitchen.

Traditional-Ascot.jpg

Outside like that except a much larger and lush garden.

hand-scraped-hardwood-floors-modern.jpg

Floors kinda like that maybe?

But tiled bathrooms of course and carpet in the bedrooms. :3

• Like 3

Latevic-front-new.jpg

My dream home is a dark colored, small victorian house. Its got a master bedroom, a spare bedroom, and the basement has enough room for a futon and storage and laundry. The inside is an open floor plan with lots of windows. Maybe an extra room that I can use as an office. House-wide AC, radiator heating, fireplace in the living room and master bedroom. I have a small lawn up front with a big, solitary tree somewhere on the small property. There's a small backyard with a fire pit and an area to have some seating, and a grill. Probably some more trees. Maybe a planter or two. There's a detached one car garage and driveway. Its 10 minutes away from my job, a major shopping area, night life, and schools. In my neighborhood there's a small local market, maybe a single cozy bar, a park and a library. My neighbors are friendly. The city plows the road during the winter months. 

This is my wildest, probably least attainable dream with 80k of student loan debt at 22 when I graduate. 

This is gonna sound really strange, but a friend of my best friend has the perfect home. It's a regular home in a regular suburb, but the layout is amazing. I want somewhere like that - simple, roomy, high ceilings, light features, a lot of window to let in the light, light carpets and walls, lots of storage solutions.

I want a modern home with glass and chrome (hey that rhymes lol) with NO clutter. Basically the exact opposite of the family home I currently live in, which is old and dark with small rooms and dark features, and LOTS of clutter and tools and building supplies lying around.

Sometimes you need the occasional ottoman though, I've learned. I had to get one for my bedroom for more storage that I desperately need, and to give friends somewhere to sit when they visit (now I just need the friends...). It takes up floor space but I've found it's really balanced the room out somehow.

• Like 1

Beggars can't be choosers. :V I just want a place of my own; any place.

At the moment I'm staying for a few days in a house made from sandstone and wood, filled with wicker furnishings; even the floor is wicker. The house looks out over a tidal mud flats towards the mainland. A collection of idle tug boats are sat lop sided on the flats, while lapwings and hook-nosed curlews poke about for worms.

I find it hard to settle on one architectural style or location; at times I want somewhere rural and away from everyone, at other times I want to be in a city where there is a lot of stuff to do.

In terms of cities, I would want to live in either Providence, RI or Portland, ME, as both are smaller cities with a lot of culture.

In Providence, there are a lot of great Victorian and Georgian houses in the College Hill district that I like:

898f2cca9e417f32055e234054a57880.jpg

50446569_b6decc5931_z.jpg?zz=1

If living in a rural area, I would want to be somewhere heavily wooded, and would want a more modern style of the house, maybe something similar to Falling Water:

tumblr_mzvks6oiCw1s3x8b3o1_1280.jpg

But in general, something with a lot of windows.

I likely will never be able to afford anything similar to any of these, but that's another issue...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

"Georgian houses"

friend I think you mean haunted

those are all hauntes

Well, the brick one may have been the setting for one of H.P. Lovecraft's stories, The Case of Charles Dexter Ward...

In that story dark rituals and murder may have occurred in that house...

I kind of want to buy the house I lived in most of my life. We moved out like 4 years ago or so but I have lived there my whole life. It was a ranch style home with a decent yard. there was a small Forrest behind and a totally broken toolshed we never used. The living room/kitchen had a fan ceiling and some nice roof windows. There were 3 bedrooms, one which was a master bedroom that had it's own bathroom and a small shower. there was a two car garage that went into a mud room which led into the kitchen/living room. It also had a fireplace in a room that we only really used when we were using the fireplace.The street I lived on didn't have any street lights but it was still nice. We also were in the suburbs but not too far from the city. That house is currently a version of my dream house and i sort of like the idea of going back eventually. The street is called Dick Dr. I miss it, and I want to go back to Dick Dr.