Signatures: Do you have viewing them on or off, and do you use one here?

Fossa

Signatures: Do you have viewing them on or off, and do you use one here?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Signatures: Do you have viewing them on or off, and do you use one here?

• I have them off, and do not use one
    • I have them off, but use one
    • I have them on, but don't have a signiture
    • I have them on and also have a signiture

It's been ages since I've had the viewing of signature enabled; nothing against anyone's signature's in particular, but I find it easier to scan through posts with them off, and, the pages load faster. Plus, they often tend to distract me, and the repetitive nature of them annoys me: An avi and name suffice.

What's odd is that I do use a minimal signature, but often forget to change it every so often, because with the viewing part off, I forget what it is.

So do you find them annoying, wonderful, maybe a bit of each and do you tend to have them on or off? 

Been using Phoenix for the last week on mobile so no signatures for me

On PC, I leave them on and have a small one myself too. Small ones are acceptable. I do remember blocking a really obnoxious one but either the user of that sig left Phoenix or they changed it

• Like 1

I think signatures are a cool way to add extra personality to one's posts. I have them enabled and use one myself. Buy Nier Automata But I find it frustrating that some people use HUEG signatures. I've repeatedly asked for a size limit or an auto-size-down function and so far nothing has happened. I don't want to block people's signatures, because at some point said person might change it to something more reasonable and then if I were hiding it I wouldn't know. I think signatures are a cool and neat little extra on forums, but having a sig take up half the page is obnoxious.

• Like 1

Just now, Recel said:

Now I wonder... how large can a signature actually be? What is the limit? Is there a limit even?

I saw someone take up a few screens at one point.
So whatever it is, it's p big.

I hope we can set restrictions on those eventually.

• Like 1