Wow ok this escalated quickly

Glowing Glass

So there's a new teacher at the high school I go to. He was hired 3 days before the school year started and he seems to have no idea what the fuck he's doing. He's been a big dick lately and has done nothing to help anyone learn and has just made passing the semester even harder by testing us on stuff that he didn't even mention. He somehow turned our biology class into a chemistry class. Today he had planned to do an online project and it went wrong so he made everyone write random useless notes for an hour and a half just to be turned in for no reason. One of my crazy, unthinking, yet great friends has had enough of him and had balls big enough to rant about it to the principal while the guy were trying to get fired listened. 10 minutes after the talk, he comes in and brings the news that the teacher will be under heavy supervision from now on. Someone had the idea to make a petition to get him fired and the best way for that would be to start one online but we couldn't anonymously since the school tracks our IPads and IPhones. Me being the crazy Internet nutjob I am decided to disable their tracking ability temporarily with the help of a little hacking program I have and I started a petition to get him fired. Since I'm the most popular guy there, I sent the petition to everyone in his classes and now things are getting crazy since all of this started about 5 hours ago. We have 22 of the 30 votes we want saying people want him gone. Now I'm wondering, we need to go all in to get this guy out for good so how am I going to get this motion going at full speed ahead. 

I'm sure a lot of you have dealt with idiots and jerks before so how do you deal with them? Is there a good way to get pricks like these out of your hair? Any advice would be amazing.

Problem solved itself.

Long pointless and misunderstood discussion below.

Keep complaining to the principle. Convince your other classmates to complain to the principle. If everyone starts saying "he's shit" even after he's been put under supervision then that might force the school heads to take bigger action.

nevermind look at my post further down this thread

Edited by Sutekh_the_Steak
  • Like 2

Jupet.png

Supervision is far enough. Slow your roll. 

There's no need to use your "superior hacking skills and amazing popularity" to get this guy fired. Getting him fired will *fuck* this guy's life up. If he continues being a bad teacher under this supervision, there will be repercussions. Don't push this so hard, let the school do it's job a bit. 

Jesus christ.

• Like 13

Wait after complaining and getting him put under supervision was a win... it's his first year. Maybe cut the guy a break and realize what impact this is going to have on his life. Continuing to push it is not a good. Like Jesus, this is like one of those stories you hear about people going out of their way to screw people's lives over before they've been given a chance.

• Like 5

You aren't going to be able to get him fired. If your principal wanted to fire him, he wouldn't be under supervision, and I don't think a 30 person survey will sway them. Besides it being a small number, how do they know that those votes aren't faked?

Take a chill pill hackerman.  First, forget this getting him fired idea, not going to happen, stop wasting your time.  Second, bitching to the admin right away is lame.  New teachers deserve some patience and the benefit of the doubt.  Last, have you asked yourself how you could have helped this guy instead of instantly throwing him under the bus?  How do your actions make the world a better place?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

...Your school provides you with ipads and iphones?

Yes. We were forced to purchase them to work faster.

2 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

lol just bring a gun to school like a real man

This ain't Texas.

3 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Supervision is far enough. Slow your roll. 

There's no need to use your "superior hacking skills and amazing popularity" to get this guy fired. Getting him fired will *fuck* this guy's life up. If he continues being a bad teacher under this supervision, there will be repercussions. Don't push this so hard, let the school do it's job a bit. 

Jesus christ.

I would be ok with just supervision if the class didn't get to the point of everyone is failing. Me and my friends have a future planned out and this guy just might get it ruined. If he gets fired or even kicked out of our class specifically then our grades will reset and we get to start over. Without that, my GPA is going to drop significantly and I need that to be at least 4.00 at all times(Advanced classes allow it to go up to 5.00. Literally everyone hates him and if I don't get him out, everyone else will. Im just another tool in the box, not the guy using them.

3 hours ago, Another Ampers& said:

Since I'm the most popular guy there

You would be surprised.

Like... Really surprised

No like

Fucking amazed 

Teaching is the kind of job learned from life experience, not schools IMO. Schools are good at teaching what to teach but not how to teach

So I agree with others. Give the new guy some time to learn and get things organized and if there's problems in the future with the teacher, let the school administration know about the problems and let them do their job. You'll likely just get yourself in trouble with "hacking" because I don't think school administration takes it kindly how you bypassed their security system

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

...Your school provides you with ipads and iphones?

Some schools do. 

Mine has at least 30(estimated) iPads that belong to them. We can't take them home or anything. I believe Apple provided them as part of a grant or something.

That's on top of the 2 computer labs and two Mac Labs. (EWWWW)

My school is supposed to be the new "tech school" though so that isn't the norm. But Apple and other tech companies do provide stuff to schools sometimes.

Also I'd agree with the rest of this thread. Don't try and get him fired or whatever just yet.

Try and actually get him to be better.

ok when I made my first post here I'll admit I had literally just woken up and wasn't thinking entirely straight and may have skimmed over some parts of the OP by accident. Tired phone posting is something which shouldn't be done for this sort of thread. lol

The other posts here are more reasonable. Letting the school handle this properly and trying to improve the situation professionally is the best course of action, rather than turning your class into some sort of pseudo-pressure group with hacked anonymous petitions and all that. You complained to the head, the head talked to the teacher and has taken action to fix the situation. If there are still legitimate issues persisting in the weeks and months ahead then yes of course do complain again, but don't do what I said earlier and keep complaining for the sake of complaining to get him fired or whatever. You need a proper reason to complain, and the situation not improving is one of them. But for now just leave it be.

Take your hacker off and just let the situation progress naturally the way it should. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Glowing Glass said:

So there's a new teacher at the high school I go to. He was hired 3 days before the school year started and he seems to have no idea what the fuck he's doing.

Is he new to teaching or does he have prior experience? It sounds like he might be new to teaching, and most schools in the U.S. actually hire most of their new-to-teaching teachers in August just days before school starts. If he is new to teaching, you can't be certain how he got there until you ask him. If he went through a lateral entry program, he is almost certainly unprepared to teach a class, and he needs his students to work with him. If he got a degree just for education, he might have got screwed out of practicum hours and only got theory. That still leaves him unprepared to teach.

If he is new to teaching, and if you wanna use that hacker hat you've got on to do some good, you could do this:

• send him an anonymous email apologizing for all of his difficulties,
  • tell him that you (his students) are ready to work with him so that the semester works out for the both of you,
  • tell him about any other instructors in his department (It sounds like he's sciences - or just biology if the school is big enough) that you (his students) really like and would be a great person to get advice and help from,
  • tell him that you (his students) put in the time to find some resources to help supplement what he's working on if he gets overwhelmed with everything he has to do,
  • and tell him that you hope to have a great semester.

He's been a big dick lately...

How? If he's insulting, threatening, or harassing students, then record it and report it. That's more than a no-no. Being supervised should catch or fix that, though.

17 hours ago, Glowing Glass said:

He somehow turned our biology class into a chemistry class.

Stay tuned for the rest of the year and he'll probably turn it into a math class, too. Fear the moment he turns it into an English class. Pray it never turns into Spanish.

He might be doing Cross-Discipline Instruction, or he might even be doing Team Teaching or Cross-Discipline Collaboration. A biology instructor using class time to recall or point forward to subjects in chemistry is something most principals would give a big thumbs up for. I had to learn chemical and biological taxonomies in my biology class. I had to use Spanish in my biology class, too.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Glowing Glass said:

I would be ok with just supervision if the class didn't get to the point of everyone is failing. Me and my friends have a future planned out and this guy just might get it ruined. If he gets fired or even kicked out of our class specifically then our grades will reset and we get to start over. Without that, my GPA is going to drop significantly and I need that to be at least 4.00 at all times(Advanced classes allow it to go up to 5.00. Literally everyone hates him and if I don't get him out, everyone else will. Im just another tool in the box, not the guy using them.

I highly doubt the school will allow something like that. Besides, this can be resolved without him being fired. I really don't know what to tell you. I work in a highschool, I know a bit about what happens. Any time a mass amount of students complain, it puts the principals and other staff on high alert. They will want to resolve this issue. Failing students do not look good for a school. It hurts funding when it happens. Solutions do not come instantaneously, please slow down.

Also, tone down that sense of self worth, bud. It's very unbecoming.

You would be surprised.

Like... Really surprised

No like

Fucking amazed 

ss (2016-09-14 at 04.40.26).jpg
stop

• Like 2

Lol.

You're seriously overreacting to this. A 4.0 GPA is already pretty extreme. If I was an admissions officer, I would ask what your extracurriculars are and what you can bring to our college - not what number you can bring with you.

Unless you're thinking about going to an Ivy League School, it's really not that big of a deal(I actually don't know where you live). You'll find that your extracurriculars, SAT/ACT scores, and college essay are more valuable than a tiny blemish on your GPA.

• Like 1

I just remembered that your school's or district's handbook probably has a section on a student's rights and what steps a student or parent may go through to file a complaint. Check that out before you go all vigilante next time. You could be the one being reprimanded and punished if you demand the teacher be fired.

2 hours ago, Glowing Glass said:

I would be ok with just supervision if the class didn't get to the point of everyone is failing.

Wait.

Are you not less than two months in, though? You might even be less than a month into your semester. I know quite a number of students that have been in school for less than ten days.

Has anyone asked him what they can do to improve their grades? Has anyone asked him for help on assignments? Has anyone asked him why they did poorly on an assignment, test, or quiz? Has anyone asked him for advice on preparing for his tests/quizzes? Has anyone asked him about redoing assignments for a limited grade? Has anyone asked about anything?

It might be a little early to decide that you get him fired or you fail. It actually might be a little irrational to decide that you get him fired or you fail.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Snagged Cub said:

Teaching is the kind of job learned from life experience, not schools IMO. Schools are good at teaching what to teach but not how to teach

So I agree with others. Give the new guy some time to learn and get things organized and if there's problems in the future with the teacher, let the school administration know about the problems and let them do their job. You'll likely just get yourself in trouble with "hacking" because I don't think school administration takes it kindly how you bypassed their security system

The guy has been teaching before at other schools but he didn't stay. I wonder why... 

The hack was only temporary and cleans up after itself. If they found out I did it they have no proof anyways.

1 hour ago, Falaffel said:

I highly doubt the school will allow something like that. Besides, this can be resolved without him being fired. I really don't know what to tell you. I work in a highschool, I know a bit about what happens. Any time a mass amount of students complain, it puts the principals and other staff on high alert. They will want to resolve this issue. Failing students do not look good for a school. It hurts funding when it happens. Solutions do not come instantaneously, please slow down.

You're right, the school wouldn't allow something like that to happen. Neither would the students. The guy will get in trouble sooner or later but the parents of other students are fairly unreasonable. There is 0 tolerance of anything less than perfection from them. Nobody is going to wait an entire year just to have an even bigger mess than before. If the parents of some students actually knew what the fuck was happening, there would be less pressure on getting the guy out and the school would fix the problem. Since parents are punishing students unreasonably, they stopped caring and just want him gone.

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

You were forced to purchase expensive iphones, which your school spies on, so you can work faster?

I'm not buying it.

PM me of anyone wants more details.

1 hour ago, Terminal7 said:

You're seriously overreacting to this. A 4.0 GPA is already pretty extreme. If I was an admissions officer, I would ask what your extracurriculars are and what you can bring to our college - not what number you can bring with you.

Unless you're thinking about going to an Ivy League School, it's really not that big of a deal(I actually don't know where you live). You'll find that your extracurriculars, SAT/ACT scores, and college essay are more valuable than a tiny blemish on your GPA.

Maybe I am overreacting over my GPA. In that case everyone else is too. ACT/SAT scores are more valuable but that doesn't mean much in the house in live in. A small dent in my GPA is a large dent in things I'm allowed to do. Students here are not going to be just everyday people, if they keep going the way they are then they will be very important in the future.

57 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

What I'm wondering is... why couldn't you just make the petition on a computer not owned by the school? Like at the local library or something.

Or is this online petition owned by the school? In which case, why aren't they using user logins for that shit?

The agreement signed let's them check you at any point in time. I wasn't taking any risks on this.

51 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

I just remembered that your school's or district's handbook probably has a section on a student's rights and what steps a student or parent may go through to file a complaint. Check that out before you go all vigilante next time. You could be the one being reprimanded and punished if you demand the teacher be fired.

Are you not less than two months in, though? You might even be less than a month into your semester. I know quite a number of students that have been in school for less than ten days.

Has anyone asked him what they can do to improve their grades? Has anyone asked him for help on assignments? Has anyone asked him why they did poorly on an assignment, test, or quiz? Has anyone asked him for advice on preparing for his tests/quizzes? Has anyone asked him about redoing assignments for a limited grade? Has anyone asked about anything?

It might be a little early to decide that you get him fired or you fail. It actually might be a little irrational to decide that you get him fired or you fail.

We're one month in the semester. Students ask questions all the time but he refuses to answer them even if they are on topic. Early is considered first day here. After a month with problems continuing, everyone has had enough of him. He doesn't keep his shit together, he has the attitude of "go away I just want to get out of here", and he just gives people problems they don't need.

I am not the only person that wants him out. He's going to be fired whether I like it or not. If I don't get him fired, all other students will. His life will be fucked but nobody else cares at this point. If we don't get him fired, he's going to fuck us instead. I can't stop that from happening. This process of getting him out is slow but will inevitably work. I made this topic to ask how I can make this process faster.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Glowing Glass said:

I am not the only person that wants him out. He's going to be fired whether I like it or not. If I don't get him fired, all other students will. His life will be fucked but nobody else cares at this point. If we don't get him fired, he's going to fuck us instead. I can't stop that from happening. This process of getting him out is slow. I made this topic to ask how I can make this process faster.

No one agrees with you nor the other irrational children. I'm glad you could find an excuse for yourself, though.

ss (2016-09-14 at 04.53.01).jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Glowing Glass said:

The guy has been teaching before at other schools but he didn't stay. I wonder why... 

The hack was only temporary and cleans up after itself. If they found out I did it they have no proof anyways.

You're right, the school wouldn't allow something like that to happen. Neither would the students. The guy will get in trouble sooner or later but the parents of other students are fairly unreasonable. There is 0 tolerance of anything less than perfection from them. Nobody is going to wait an entire year just to have an even bigger mess than before. If the parents of some students actually knew what the fuck was happening, there would be less pressure on getting the guy out and the school would fix the problem. Since parents are punishing students unreasonably, they stopped caring and just want him gone.

PM me of anyone wants more details.

Maybe I am overreacting over my GPA. In that case everyone else is too. ACT/SAT scores are more valuable but that doesn't mean much in the house in live in. A small dent in my GPA is a large dent in things I'm allowed to do. Students here are not going to be just everyday people, if they keep going the way they are then they will be very important in the future.

The agreement signed let's them check you at any point in time. I wasn't taking any risks on this.

We're one month in the semester. Students ask questions all the time but he refuses to answer them even if they are on topic. Early is considered first day here. After a month with problems continuing, everyone has had enough of him. He doesn't keep his shit together, he has the attitude of "go away I just want to get out of here", and he just gives people problems they don't need.

I am not the only person that wants him out. He's going to be fired whether I like it or not. If I don't get him fired, all other students will. His life will be fucked but nobody else cares at this point. If we don't get him fired, he's going to fuck us instead. I can't stop that from happening. This process of getting him out is slow but will inevitably work. I made this topic to ask how I can make this process faster.

No, I agree with you partly. He shouldn't be teaching that way. The supervision should calm his tits and straighten him out but I'm sure that if he continues to screw you guys over even with that, he'll be fired. You don't need to do it yourself

1 hour ago, Falaffel said:

No one agrees with you nor the other irrational children. I'm glad you could find an excuse for yourself, though.

ss (2016-09-14 at 04.53.01).jpg

The petition I made says otherwise. Had nobody agreed then the guy wouldn't be under heavy supervision by the counselor. The other students would have ratted me out for hacking the system if it didn't help with what they want.

38 minutes ago, Glowing Glass said:

If you did it on the school's wireless, it wouldn't be that hard to find out even if you did use some program you found somewhere.

It would be especially easy if you said this

19 hours ago, Glowing Glass said:

...decided to disable their tracking ability temporarily with the help of a little hacking program I have...

on school wireless or on a personal device. Schools also don't refrain from rounding up a bunch of students and asking "Whodunit?"

If what you said is true, some states urge districts to at least threaten criminal charges for tampering with school equipment. Your school's/district's handbook should tell you what the results of doing such a thing are. For example, my district's policy says, "Students.. should not engage in unauthorized access (“hacking”) or other unlawful activities on-line while using school system computer equipment or Internet access," and the consequences section mentions that "Students may have access revoked," "Students may be required to pay restitution," and "Law-enforcement may be contacted."  They probably don't care at all, but don't do that again if you actually did. That's a no-no and could make it difficult for you to pass any classes that rely on digital devices in the future.

56 minutes ago, Glowing Glass said:

I don't believe it is an instructor's job to make sure students reach a parent's ideal of perfection. I'm not sure why getting him fired is the solution to unreasonable parents.

Also, why would there be less pressure to get him fired if the parents knew what was going on?

So you risk future grades and criminal charges because you were afraid your principal would know you wanted a teacher fired?

We're one month in the semester.

Okay. Wait another month and see what the administration does.

Students ask questions all the time but he refuses to answer them even if they are on topic.

Like what, though? It is really really easy to ask exactly the wrong questions of an instructor. It gets even easier to ask the wrong question in a university.

I am not the only person that wants him out. He's going to be fired whether I like it or not. If I don't get him fired, all other students will. His life will be fucked but nobody else cares at this point. If we don't get him fired, he's going to fuck us instead. I can't stop that from happening. This process of getting him out is slow but will inevitably work.

Fun story: I was in a class full of students that petitioned to get an instructor fired because they were struggling in that instructor's class. The teacher doesn't show up one day and the students thought that the instructor had been fired, but it turns out the instructor was actually in the hospital because of an illness that was threatening their life. The instructor had been unable to think any clear thoughts for months because of the illness, and none of the students had actually asked the instructor what was up. The students just demanded the instructor make it easier for them to pass through veiled questions and the instructor couldn't quite get why students were failing.

Not saying your instructor is ill, but I am suggesting that it seems like there's an issue of communication and understanding here.

I made this topic to ask how I can make this process faster.

Report several occasions of him doing something he actually did that is concretely against the law, school, or district policy.

• Like 2

Holy fuck this went by quicker than anyone expected.

Someone showed the principal my online petition and claimed they made it ( since it was completely anonymous there was nothing saying otherwise). Several students then complained about the situation and I think she's had enough of it.

The bad teacher was supposed to be under heavy supervision starting Monday but that part just got skipped. There was apparently a little more investigating and now the principal herself has concluded that this bad teacher is now big problem. He apparently broke a massive amount of rules. The guy is now suspended from our classes for 6 weeks and will be replaced by the counselor that was going to supervise him ( since he was a science teacher for quite a while) and it's great because everyone likes him. Him coming back after 6 weeks might change and that time may be extended. Everyone except for the suspended prick is happier now.

I made this post looking for ways to get him out faster and look at that, after making the petition, I didn't even do anything else yet the other students got him out anyways. They gave him a taste of his own medicine with a great big "Fuck you!" on top of it.

The principal was aware how this will fuck up the guys life and not even she cares. That's how much of a dick this guy is.

Am I being irrational now?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Glowing Glass said:

Someone showed the principal my online petition and claimed they made it ( since it was completely anonymous there was nothing saying otherwise). Several students then complained about the situation and I think she's had enough of it.

The bad teacher was supposed to be under heavy supervision starting Monday but that part just got skipped. There was apparently a little more investigating and now the principal herself has concluded that this bad teacher is now big problem. He apparently broke a massive amount of rules. The guy is now suspended from our classes for 6 weeks and will be replaced by the counselor that was going to supervise him ( since he was a science teacher for quite a while) and it's great because everyone likes him. Him coming back after 6 weeks might change and that time may be extended. Everyone except for the suspended prick is happier now.

I made this post looking for ways to get him out faster and look at that, after making the petition, I didn't even do anything else yet the other students got him out anyways. They gave him a taste of his own medicine with a great big "Fuck you!" on top of it.

The principal was aware how this will fuck up the guys life and not even she cares. That's how much of a dick this guy is.

This might sound kind of bad, but I think it's important to report people who are being really dodgy in your eyes. Your situation just goes to show that you have no idea what ELSE has gone on with that person. Your testimony might be an important part in getting justice to someone who really deserves it.

I'm saying this because I reported a fellow med student recently for being a real bully towards the fat+mentally ill students. Some really bad shit happened.

• Like 1

You go to Saturday school? That sounds like a very odd turn of events

1 hour ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

This might sound kind of bad, but I think it's important to report people who are being really dodgy in your eyes. Your situation just goes to show that you have no idea what ELSE has gone on with that person. Your testimony might be an important part in getting justice to someone who really deserves it.

I'm saying this because I reported a fellow med student recently for being a real bully towards the fat+mentally ill students. Some really bad shit happened.

Dunno there @Alexxx-Returns skipping the observation period is stupid at best if the situation ain't dire, but ain't saying keeping it doesn't have its own down-sides as well. The fact he said

On 9/16/2016 at 5:13 PM, Glowing Glass said:

Since I'm the most popular guy there, I sent the petition to everyone in his classes and now things are getting crazy since all of this started about 5 hours ago.

not only makes him seem pretentious, but also suggests that it's more about his status rather than how the teacher was acting. Bringing up his popularity also suggests he signaled some way that he was the one that started the petition. Reporting someone at 14-16?... is way different than reporting it as an adult, especially as someone who takes the initiative to make sure it stops even if it doesn't involve them. There is a difference between being part of a group that believes they're being harmed and being an outside observer. Being in that group makes it seem worse 10-fold at least.

Anyways @Glowing Glass, a few questions for you to ask yourself. 

1) What makes you think you know better than the faculty to take it upon yourself to circumvent the rules and make sure he gets in much trouble as possible

2) The hell does your popularity have to deal with anything if he is GENUINELY being a bad teacher?

3) Did you read MalletFace's post? Like I think I'm seriously in love with it.

4) Your response to someone saying that they doubt the school would let someone do this.

8 hours ago, Glowing Glass said:

You're right, the school wouldn't allow something like that to happen. Neither would the students.

Again what makes you think you need to bypass the actual faculty to do it yourself?

Anywhozzle, Terminal said it pretty well when they said that GPA only plays a really small part of it. Colleges/Universities pay more attention to SAT/ACT since they (supposedly) show how well you remember, think, calculate, etc, and answer in response, and extracurricular activities since they show you aren't just excelling in mandatory work, but taking on more and still excelling at them. Should talk to that counselor of yours and find out what you actually need to do to be like "Hey university people, I know you want me."

8 hours ago, Glowing Glass said:

Students here are not going to be just everyday people, if they keep going the way they are then they will be very important in the future.

Just gonna tell you ahead of time, don't be an asshole. This quote right here already says "ASS" all over it. Students below the age of 18 don't go anywhere they want of their own accord, that's their parents/guardian's decision. I knew a gurl who went to all those fancy schools just to be a model and all she wants out of life is to own a crappy car, bartend, keep it simple, maybe a roommate and enjoy her life. To that point, don't make ASSumptions :P

I ain't really attacking you on this and ain't saying "You can't be trusted to tell the truth about an adult behaving badly, you're just a kid" kind of thing. I mean some of the things you did say legitimately pissed me off, but I remember with absolute clarity that after they kicked me out of high school that they'd realize that they had made a mistake and accept me back there. Just saying I noticed you kind of have that academic ego I had back then and just tellin ya to knock that shit off and don't try getting your way by avoiding people who could potentially stop you from getting it. Assuming I made a fair point(s) in this rather long ass post, don't post a response saying you agree with me on anything. If you're going to reply to it, do so with a reply with a THOUGHT OUT response on why anything of mine might be wrong. At least that way it'll show you thought about it. (Small tip, people older than you are much more adept at seeing through bullshit responses :P

TL;DR

Dun b bitch, dun ASSume, Thnk bout things, Let Otters help. (BTW peoples, I'M BACK! :P)

1 hour ago, MuttButt said:

I'm more confused about why you would bother to 1337 Haxx0r the mainframe when you could just like, use a library computer or something

I'm still confused about this, even after his reply. Did you sign up to attend a school which traps gifted children and monitors them 24/7 while conducting experiments to collect data on for nefarious purposes? (I'm sure there's some kind of animu or movie with a plot like that)

Or do they have some kind of secret service where they have spies planted all over the city so they know everything you do, even when not on school property?

Again, I SO CONFUSED

1 hour ago, Feverish said:

You go to Saturday school? That sounds like a very odd turn of events

No I don't

Other people do school activities on Saturdays though. I was texted the information and was in a phone call with some of the students there. The school is open on Saturdays during events and students can send e-mails even if it isn't. The only odd turn is how fast the school decided to suspend the guy. I would have expected to give it a day or two at least.

30 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

You're SO POPULAR that I'm sure it'll work, because you're SO POPULAR and EVERYONE LOVES YOU.

Yes, I am. Does everyone love me? No. Do a hell of a lot of people like me? Yes. Why? I've got no real fucking idea, maybe it's a combination of little things that make something big or maybe people here have low standards. Oh and It did work, read my post above.

26 minutes ago, MuttButt said:

I'm more confused about why you would bother to 1337 Haxx0r the mainframe when you could just like, use a library computer or something

They would find out I did it and that just puts me obviously inside the situation. I was hiding in plain sight.

Now I realize I could have done it anyways without the hack and claimed first amendment rights but that would have been a dick move.

The hack wasn't hard to setup. I originally intended it for use on the darknet incase a certain few situations happened. It only took a few minutes to get access to the schools stuff. Not really a pro hacker thing since anyone could do it. All I had to do was make sure not to let them notice what was happening which even if they did, they would have shrugged it off as a bug. They can't even run their own site and equipment properly half the time, so much as to locating a hacker through a scrambling system that cleans itself up. It works as a one-way IP address modifier so I can locate them but they can't locate me or something like that. The only problem was that it just happen to randomly relocate me to a guy in Germany so a few bits of text on the Internet were German every here and there but that didn't bug me. I'm not entirely sure how to program works since I didn't create it. I just have actual hacker friends that showed it to me and let me use it.

17 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

I'm still confused about this, even after his reply. Did you sign up to attend a school which traps gifted children and monitors them 24/7 while conducting experiments to collect data on for nefarious purposes? (I'm sure there's some kind of animu or movie with a plot like that)

Or do they have some kind of secret service where they have spies planted all over the city so they know everything you do, even when not on school property?

Again, I SO CONFUSED

It's intended so they can catch students watching porn or doing illegal things but they can still use it for other things too. The agreement let's them check you remotely outside off of school campus. You would be surprised how many students watch porn and they don't say anything to them anyways because they probably know they can't catch everyone. One of the students actually has a tumblr account just for that stuff because he's a sick fuck but whatever. If you don't believe me about the guy having a tumblr account for that then PM me asking specifically about that and I'll send a link to it.

1 hour ago, Fiab said:

not only makes him seem pretentious, but also suggests that it's more about his status rather than how the teacher was acting. Bringing up his popularity also suggests he signaled some way that he was the one that started the petition. Reporting someone at 14-16?... is way different than reporting it as an adult, especially as someone who takes the initiative to make sure it stops even if it doesn't involve them. There is a difference between being part of a group that believes they're being harmed and being an outside observer. Being in that group makes it seem worse 10-fold at least.

Anyways @Glowing Glass, a few questions for you to ask yourself. 

1) What makes you think you know better than the faculty to take it upon yourself to circumvent the rules and make sure he gets in much trouble as possible

2) The hell does your popularity have to deal with anything if he is GENUINELY being a bad teacher?

3) Did you read MalletFace's post? Like I think I'm seriously in love with it.

4) Your response to someone saying that they doubt the school would let someone do this.

Again what makes you think you need to bypass the actual faculty to do it yourself?

1) I don't, but if there is a problem that isn't caused by me and negatively affects me, I will stop it at all costs. I don't want him in as much trouble as possible, I just want him out of my hair so I don't have to deal with his problems. The faster he gets out, the better it is for everyone except him so if that means going out of my way to go all in, then I will.

2) My popularity has nothing to do with it. I only used it as a tool to get my and other students opinions out there faster. To the school, my opinion doesn't matter very much but other students opinions do. Everyone knows me so I use that to get their opinions out. They won't be heard alone but the staff can definitely hear me. So I use their words with my voice and it just adds to the impact.

3) Yes I read it, I thought about it for a while, good points were made, I'll probably think about it in the future too. I've acknowledged a few things said there already. There were some things I haven't mentioned yet which leaves some holes in this story so I can see why people disagree with what is going on. Talking to the bad teacher isn't an option. Nobody knows what he wants or why he won't answer any of our questions. He doesn't act like a normal person at all and is completely unreasonable.

4) I hadn't bypassed the faculty in any way. I've only stated an opinion loud enough to be heard without ears. I can't get the guy fired myself, only the rest of the faculty can do that. The only reason I decided to try this is because last year, a dick student claimed a teacher raped several children and was a pedophile (a crime which he didn't commit). The school fired him anyways because a single student said so even after knowing the information is wrong. Everyone hated the student that got him kicked out because he was a good teacher but that's a bit off topic. What I'm trying to say here is, it's not difficult to pull strings. The staff really aren't that smart when it comes to these types of things and it's not hard manipulating them to your advantage.

1 hour ago, Fiab said:

Just gonna tell you ahead of time, don't be an asshole. This quote right here already says "ASS" all over it. Students below the age of 18 don't go anywhere they want of their own accord, that's their parents/guardian's decision. I knew a gurl who went to all those fancy schools just to be a model and all she wants out of life is to own a crappy car, bartend, keep it simple, maybe a roommate and enjoy her life. To that point, don't make ASSumptions :P

Oh yeah it says ass all over it but you might have missed the part where it says "if they keep going the way they are". That means they are subject to change and can screw up in the future and maybe miss a needed opportunity every here and there. So far, the few that are really trying to get somewhere where they are going to be noticed in society are on their way to do it without plans of slowing down or changing. Something I should have mentioned is that the students trying to get somewhere are somewhat parentified, meaning they don't act like kids their age and instead act like mature adults. Most parentified children have a lot of problems, specifically mental but rarely, parentified children have superior thinking abilities compared to most people. Parentified children do not get a childhood at all but get to figure out how to be an adult before actually being an adult. The students that share classes with me happen to be the rare type and have mostly planned out their lives already. (Something that confuses me is how rare it is to see a "lucky" parentified child and how common they are in the classes I'm in with them. There's probably a common thing here that makes them that way or it might be total luck.) They learned take adult roles and responsibilities early in their life. The people I interact with regularly have learned a bit off of my social abilities and have become good at negotiating and persuading with reason rather than just arguing (which might have helped get the shitty teacher out). I help them with certain skills and do favors for them, they help me with work and provide me with connections so everyone wins and gets a little bit more potential future power and value. I'll probably be sticking with the students here throughout their lives since a few of the jobs everyone plans on getting are somewhat connected and cooperation with them could open up opportunities for experiments that could have profitable results. The parents decide what the child does but if the child tells them "No" and gives them a good reason for it then what can they do? The parents here aren't that smart. Parentified children usually don't have good parents to begin with. Some students here have parents that only get in their way. Almost every good student is better than their parents and if they convince them to see that, they make their own decisions without their parents influence which most of them have already done.

My academic ego? It just looks like it's fucking massive because my parents don't let my GPA get any lower. For all I care it could be a 3.00 and I'd be fine with it. I could tolerate the bad teacher for a year if I was allowed to have a 3.00 GPA but my parents don't care. They want a perfect GPA at all times if I want to eat food at night. The ACT/SAT scores are more valuable than a GPA and to me its way easier to get a high score in that instead of a GPA but my parents don't see that. I was said to be ready to take the ACT by 6th grade after the school did practice tests in 5th and 6th grade (the results take several months to come in). My score in 5th grade was 25. My score in 6th was 27. After I changed to high school I still haven't taken another practice test to see how well I should do on the real ACT. Something that I can say that shows that I have an academic ego is trying to go to college before finishing high school. I originally planned to start college this year but I don't have enough money to go where I want to. This year I'm trying to get as many little scholarships as possible to get a big impact and I'm probably going to see my budget after that's somewhat finished. The high ACT practice scores were enough to carry me to this position, the high GPA just gives me more options but with my parents, I'll be getting those options anyways. I take school very seriously since it paves the road for my future. I will not get a second chance if i make a single mistake. Some people call me paranoid and crazy, I call it progress. 

The other students? People just say they have unrealistically high expectations of themselves. That was a funny joke until they took an IQ test with unrealistically high results for students at their age. A few people still think they have unrealistically high expectations but their opinions will change after they see their real ACT scores.

There is still 0 tolerance for anything less than perfection here.

I dont know guys, it seems there's a lot of bandwagoning, ageism, and bias going on in this thread.

Would I be wary at first too? Well yeah, at first glance it just sounds like he's a whiny kid with no respect or remorse for someone who could be having a hard time.

That would be the case, although from the full description it appears that not just he but the entire class has been shorted by his poor teaching skills, this is assuming they have tried to ask for help and get rebuffed. If he truly is the weary, angry, disgruntled teacher who does not do his best he is unfit to teach as he is painted as, and they are in the right to find someone who can help them to their fullest potential. 

As for the pretentiousness, its not like someone cant list their credentials as something to be proud of and be of important note, its what one would do in a job interview or an application...or if someone wants to place esteem unto themselved and bring the best of them to light. Good academics and technological skills are also all enviable traits so it seems there's a bit of a jealousy complex going around, I guess it seems like a sort of "rub it in your face" quality to those who dont have those traits.

Is he at fault at all? Perhaps he came off as completely unsympathetic to the teacher's perspective of things, whatever the case may be (this would not excuse his poor behavior over the course of time, though) and maybe a bit militant in his approach, but overall he's just finding a solution to an issue

Which, it seems, is working out anyways. Hopefully the story has a happier ending where the teacher somehow gets his shit together wherever he may go afterwards and in his personal life, and the students will be on their merry way, good grades and all

• Like 3

1 hour ago, #00Buck said:

I look forward to seeing if he gets fired. 

Please let us know if he cries. 

Perhaps he can be turned into a meme?

Will do.

If he cries I'm going to laugh.

If it becomes a meme I'll be happy to see it.

1 hour ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

As for the pretentiousness, its not like someone cant list their credentials as something to be proud of and be of important note, its what one would do in a job interview or an application...or if someone wants to place esteem unto themselved and bring the best of them to light. Good academics and technological skills are also all enviable traits so it seems there's a bit of a jealousy complex going around, I guess it seems like a sort of "rub it in your face" quality to those who dont have those traits.

I had not intended to sound like a pretentious jackass but if had not said those things the story might sound a bit flawed or have more holes. If there was a way to say that without sounding like a bragging asshole then someone please tell me because I can't think of another way to say something like that without it sounding rude. Had I said this in person it wouldn't seem to sound rude but this is the Internet and you can't tell someone's tone or attitude with just symbols of text so it probably came off as rude without me realizing it. I'm always open to constructive criticism.

Sorry if someone was angered by that and I hope this is a bit clearer now.

2 minutes ago, Sylver said:

It's odd that you didn't give any specific examples elaborating why your teacher deserves to be fired and why he's a dick. If you wanted people to help you get a man fired, they need to be sympathetic to your cause, which is achieve by framing the appropriate information in a way that lets others see things from your perspective.

You also need to be likable, and talking about how you're the most popular guy in school and your uber hacking skills is a poor way to go about that. It's not relevant and nobody cares (which isn't a bad thing).

Lol nobody in high school has their future planned out.

Have you heard of a thing called emotional contagion? It's how we take on the thoughts and feelings of others around us. You see it all the time; riots are a good example. Isn't it interesting how it's not just one two, or five people who are attacking police and raiding shops? It's the entire group. In the beginning it's relatively calm and peaceful, but maybe someone shouts a little louder; a little more aggressive and angrier. Then a few people get a little angrier and louder, and suddenly the entire group is like that. Gradually it builds and builds; louder, angrier, more aggressive. And then someone throws a brick. At that point the once peaceful protest becomes a riot.

Bringing this back on-topic, you've got a group of hot-headed and emotional teenagers with immature impulse control (that's part of your brain doesn't develop until you're in your 20s), little experience managing their emotions, and relatively little knowledge of the real world. The entire class might hate him and they might completely agree that he's a horrible teacher, but that by itself doesn't make him a terrible teacher deserving of being fired. It's at least worth taking a step back and trying to see things from a more objective point of view before judging whether he should be fired.

I don't know if the teacher deserves to be fired, nor do I particularly care. All I'm pointing out in this post is that you shouldn't be too sure of yourselves. or something like that. I'm too lazy to write anymore.

My fingers will stop working before I finish typing a list of bad things he's done. Maybe I'll make a small portion of it and post it after a few hours.

The popularity and hack part just covered up holes that might be in the story. I didn't intend to sound like a jackass, I'm just typing this up as it is.

Most high school students don't have their futures planned out. Parentified children here do (myself included.)

Emotional contagion was inevitable here. I'd say it was actually a good thing

All students here are very hot-headed. The students here actually have a fair amount of experience with the real world Ie some students have jobs and do volunteer work just for experience that could help them with their actual future jobs so adjusting won't be very difficult. Even I have one. Soon I might be working as a lab assistant in New Orleans. Having jobs now looks great for college which is why some students do it.

We gave the guy time and looked at it from different perspectives. Other students in other classes thought we were overreacting too until the principal decided we were right to say he's a bad teacher. Now since he's been suspended from our classes the point of this topic has pretty much died. Does he deserve to be fired? That's up to the principal now and from here on out the guy's situation is just getting worse the more she looks into it. 

A happy ending would be great if our grades got reset. Until then, even after he was suspended I assume everyone still wants him to die in a fire. Of course that's just what I assume and maybe everyone is happy at the moment but I won't know for sure until Monday.

1 minute ago, Victor-933 said:

Bringing guns to schools is so cliché now though. If NJ and NYC are any indication, pipebombs in trashcans is the new hip thing.

eat a dick nsa

Actually it's funny how we can bring deodorant spray

and lighters

and sell them.

You know where this is going

Homemade flamethrowers for $25 each get one now!

I dont know guys, it seems there's a lot of bandwagoning, ageism, and bias going on in this thread.

I'm not sure about the ageism thing. It seems several users commenting in this thread are at or just above the OP's likely age, and bias is to be expected outside of academia.

I'm also only seeing parroting - which is what I assume you mean by bandwagoning - when it comes to the popular thing and the "hacking" thing. I don't condone the intent to insult behind some of it, but whatayagonnado? Insult them back?

If he truly is the weary, angry, disgruntled teacher who does not do his best he is unfit to teach as he is painted as, and they are in the right to find someone who can help them to their fullest potential.

I don't think anybody contested that. As far as I read it, everyone was suggesting the students do exactly as the rules say and wait for the administration to use the policies it has in place to deal with this type of thing. Schools tend to nip this thing in the bud if there is a legitimate problem.

The OP all but admitted to being a script kiddie with illegal intent.

Beyond that, though, there is no actual evidence as to the OP being popular, tech savvy, or academically excellent.

I don't doubt any of those things, but saying I'm ___ without giving evidence for one's being ___ gives one little reason to be jealous, especially when the OP put them in a thread centered around the failings of an instructor.

he's just finding a solution to an issue

The means provided by the OP's school to report and resolve issues should be more than enough solution. If it isn't, there are means above the school level to report and resolve those issues.

One oughtn't just do whatever, especially when it may result in negative consequences. One should learn from it when one does.

48 minutes ago, Glowing Glass said:

The students here actually have a fair amount of experience with the real world

I'm going to lean on your end here, go way off topic, and say the "real world" junk is just vague BS invented not-so-many-decades ago meant to separate individuals over 18 from those under 18, and also those out of university from those in university, and those in "real jobs" from those in "fake jobs," and also whatever the person saying it means.

48 minutes ago, Glowing Glass said:

I assume everyone still wants him to die in a fire.

Oh my god. We're not getting half the story here.

We went from "bad teacher" to "yeah, everybody wants him dead."

Is the man physically or verbally abusing students? Is he burning your tests in front of you?

Yes. We were forced to purchase them to work faster.

I would have dressed up in plain black and white clothes, and told them you were Amish. Then, you could add that buying and having to use an electronic device was against your religion. Religious 'rights' are big in the south, so you can still try this, and tell 'em you converted, and make 'em give you the money back.

That's perfectly good money, that could go to something useful, like a fursuit, or going to a fur-con. By horse and buggy in this case, but I'd never buy an Apple product in my life; never have, never will.