Wow ok this escalated quickly

Glowing Glass

14 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

I don't think anybody contested that. As far as I read it, everyone was suggesting the students do exactly as the rules say and wait for the administration to use the policies it has in place to deal with this type of thing. Schools tend to nip this thing in the bud 

The means provided by the OP's school to report and resolve issues should be more than enough solution. If it isn't, there are means above the school level to report and resolve those issues.

One oughtn't just do whatever, especially when it may result in negative consequences. One should learn from it when one does.

True... if anything came from this thread at least people are telling him things he didnt want to hear and it isnt just asspatting

I personally dont asspat but nor do I see the need to attack an individual if theres a different outlook to see on the situation. Both parties seem to be having it rough

look, other than further convincing me that the measures of academic success in high school are heavily arbitrary, if you are as considerably reasonable as you believe yourself to be, why don't you speak in definitive terms about this teacher? that's something you've failed to do entirely here, other than perhaps suggest he has an attitude (which is far from unreasonable if you, as your attitude implies, are a class full of easily aggravated people).

for that matter, define what a good teacher is, define what a good curriculum is. by my understanding of grade point averages, there is an implicit definition that does not actually rely on success, but relies on a percentage which is then calculated with weight into a total. that is objectively different than his curricular approach and therefore calculation of success on a measurement of task assessment.

2 hours ago, Glowing Glass said:

4) I hadn't bypassed the faculty in any way. I've only stated an opinion loud enough to be heard without ears. I can't get the guy fired myself, only the rest of the faculty can do that. The only reason I decided to try this is because last year, a dick student claimed a teacher raped several children and was a pedophile (a crime which he didn't commit). The school fired him anyways because a single student said so even after knowing the information is wrong. Everyone hated the student that got him kicked out because he was a good teacher but that's a bit off topic. What I'm trying to say here is, it's not difficult to pull strings. The staff really aren't that smart when it comes to these types of things and it's not hard manipulating them to your advantage.

doesn't mentioning this undermine your entire narrative to a concerning level? like... to the point where you actually just look like a manipulative asshole? if you're going to mention things like this, you have to be aware that the use of that knowledge doesn't make you ethically sound. you're using what you know is a broken system and later claimed that the principal agreed with you which empowers your dislike for the teacher, but this statement if anything reverses that to say that they have to accept any particular narrative the kids throw out.

are you aware of how the public persona of a teacher is handled? since parents tend to only believe in a certain code of ethics at any given time, if they see a teacher acting in a way that is dissenting to their principles they will complain. there is no logical reason to bring back a teacher who has a questionable history due to the student populace, whether or not it's based in any logical, moral, or ethical justification. for that reason, the idea that a suspension means you were correct in any way shape or form is fundamentally baseless. and you go to a private school which seems to bear a rather insane attitude on work ethic, meaning anyone who defies your, heh, precious 4.0 may disturb the system enough to be illogical to keep around.

by the way...i find your claim that your 0 tolerance for any mistakes (which now includes removing anything which may not allow you to have a perfect GPA, which obviously empowers how impressive your credentials are, right?), as someone who used to work with that sort of moniker, actually very insane and not remotely applicable to the future. have you ever experienced failure? i'm asking as someone who's concerned for your sanity. it works just fine right now in academia, but academia is a heavily controlled environment with no consideration for variables.

• Like 1

This is the most whiny, self-entitled kiddy shit I've read in a long time.

Grats, OP.
You're in for a hell of a rude awakening once you leave your parents' house, and realize you're gonna have to work under people and deal with people you can't just change.org your way out of.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MalletFace said:

I'm going to lean on your end here, go way off topic, and say the "real world" junk is just vague BS invented not-so-many-decades ago meant to separate individuals over 18 from those under 18, and also those out of university from those in university, and those in "real jobs" from those in "fake jobs," and also whatever the person saying it means.

Oh my god. We're not getting half the story here.

We went from "bad teacher" to "yeah, everybody wants him dead."

Is the man physically or verbally abusing students? Is he burning your tests in front of you?

I'm fully aware how the "Real World" is just a saying. Anybody can see that I'm sure.

No. People don't literally want him dead (I don't think). That was a large exaggeration.

Now is he abusing students? In a way yes. Normally when a student is given a detention, there is extra homework, maybe extra class work, maybe stay an hour of two after school, or maybe they take your IPad or IPhone away for 24 hours. In this situation, since he was a coach for basketball (and maybe cross-country running), he tried to send students to run a few miles even if they are unable to. The students with medical issues that were not supposed to do the activity were forced to do it. Not only was this against the rules in the first place to do that with medically unable students, it was against the rules to do that with anyone. 

Y'know what fuck it I'll make the list of shit he's done wrong along with broken rules right here

1) (The above statement about detention)

2) He had failed to keep his textbook codes so some students could not get them making the class immediately more difficult.

3) He had failed to give out proper forms to the students for school science fair. Missing forms that had to be signed could not have a delayed due date, once the deadline comes, that's it you keep going or you stop and fail right there. Someone might be thinking "why don't you ask for the forms again?" Nobody knows who needs what since all projects are different and need different forms. There was no way of telling if something was missing.

4) In the event of a student being absent, they are either excused (have a reason for being absent) or unexcused( no reason for being absent) and they are meant to complete work that was missed on the days they missed. If the work is completed then they will get 50% of their grade if they are unexcused or 100% of their grade for being excused. When students miss his class he will either give them a 0 and not care or if someone bugs him about the missed work (since he never keeps his assignments which he is supposed to) he will give that person a 100 on that grade excused or unexcused and tell them to move on even if the assignment was necessary to learn. 

5) He fails to test online assignments he gives. One of the assignments (not too recently) was to complete a worksheet using a website. That website had a resolution that IPads could not have. The site even said so in large text that the resolution was needed. An even bigger mistake was having a link to the answer key right on the worksheet itself.

6) He failed to give assignments that students were able to complete with the information given. One of these were to watch a movie called Lorenzo's Oil. We were to complete a worksheet about the movie and the movie didn't answer our questions. Lucky me had found a worksheet similar to the one he gave us so of course I cheated on it so I wouldn't fail since it was a test grade. I also sent it to a few students that I owed favors to and another few just to be nice. The students that I could not contact had failed the assignment. The part where he broke the rules was telling the students to purchase the movie just to watch it again and answer the questions. Students are not meant to be forced to purchase anything outside of school requirements to do school work.

7) When a student needed his attention after school to do or get something, he would tell them to do it another time. He would try to get out and go home as soon as possible after school hours ended for the day. This made a few students that required his help not get what they need.

8) He had gone completely off the class general topic just to have the students do something while time passed. One of these situations was when he made everyone memorize and fill in the periodic table just to call it basics of what we were doing next even though they were completely unrelated. Normally teachers are allowed to go off the class topic for a bit if it actually helps with a future assignment or helps develop skills for the class. In his situation, that was against the rules. 

9) When a student asks a question the teacher must answer the question unless it is none of their buisness. Even saying "I don't know" qualifies as an answer. The teacher had refused to answer any questions asked. Normal questions involve "How many points is this assignment worth?" or "What does ____ mean?". This teacher just says "Save that question for another time." or "Save that question for another class.". One of the students loves asking questions because she wants to learn everything and just fill the void of silence every now and then. She almost got a detention for asking 3 questions about the notes we were writing/typing.

10) He gives out detention to students in a general area of an issue instead of just students doing something wrong. I was in a situation like this once. Two other students had left their seats to come to my table across the classroom since to them I'm their only fucking friend. Of course they broke the rules by getting out of their assigned seats first and then acted like one of the assignments the teacher gave was a group assignment. The two students were talking at the wrong time, out of their assigned seats, had their IPads out when they were not supposed to, and treated the assignment in a wrong way. I did nothing other than tell them to go away and stop talking to me but they continued anyways. Of course I'm the one facing the teacher and the other two are facing the wall. The teacher gave me and the other two students a detention for talking. Needless to say I was mad about that so I went and argued with him that I did nothing wrong so he acted like he said it was a joke. Now those other two students are aware how much I'm going to hate them if that happens again ( as if I didn't hate them enough already).

11) He gave out quizzes and tests that had questions that were not mentioned that might be on them. Questions like these were very common on the tests and nobody knew the answer to them especially since they were always essay questions. Of course nobody in the class got any of these questions right and when he finally realizes what he's done he either will say "I mentioned it in class." or "Since nobody got a perfect grade I'll just curve it to get a more accurate average.". Teachers are not allowed to curve grades unless there is a common problem with the test or quiz itself. Mainly those problems are when there is something wrong with scanner that gives grade or when a question is a bit vague.

12) He's got an overall shitty attitude. His voice is completely dead at all times and he overall shows that he doesn't give a fuck about anyone. Hearing his voice nearby usually breaks up most conversations. The way he acts is enough go rub anyone the wrong way. Not really much else to say here.

I'll finish this now since I have things to do. I might type more issues later.

Overall this is just a few of many more rules he's broken. He breaks a few of the rules listed here repeatedly. 

To to everyone saying I should have let the administration deal with the problem, I'm not just going to wait for them to fix an issue they may not even notice since they're too busy for most things anyways. The unreasonable parents meant that students that don't come home with an A+ every day get grounded and other punishments (myself included). In this class with a shitty teacher, it is almost literally impossible to bring home perfect grades. There were two options 1. Wait for administration to fix the issue at the end of the year when they finally notice something out of place. 2. Take an approach against him that will show that he is a problem. Was the approach a bit quick and harsh? Yes it was but I've tried a more peaceful and slow approach with two other teachers before in a similar situation a few years ago and it didn't work. I was not doing the same mistake a third time. Even if I had taken a slower approach the other students would have still taken the harsh one and they did. I wasn't the only student with the problem here. I only supported the harsh approach.

The situation for the most part is over. He was already suspended from our classes for 6 weeks but I'm sure that time will be extended. He's fucked and not a single person cares. The only problem students have now is that grades were not reset. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I would have dressed up in plain black and white clothes, and told them you were Amish. Then, you could add that buying and having to use an electronic device was against your religion. Religious 'rights' are big in the south, so you can still try this, and tell 'em you converted, and make 'em give you the money back.

That's perfectly good money, that could go to something useful, like a fursuit, or going to a fur-con. By horse and buggy in this case, but I'd never buy an Apple product in my life; never have, never will.

Someone actually tried that but since it's a private school students must follow their rules even if it's against a certain religion. Failure to do so could have a student expelled.

9 hours ago, evan said:

are you aware of how the public persona of a teacher is handled? since parents tend to only believe in a certain code of ethics at any given time, if they see a teacher acting in a way that is dissenting to their principles they will complain. there is no logical reason to bring back a teacher who has a questionable history due to the student populace, whether or not it's based in any logical, moral, or ethical justification. for that reason, the idea that a suspension means you were correct in any way shape or form is fundamentally baseless. and you go to a private school which seems to bear a rather insane attitude on work ethic, meaning anyone who defies your, heh, precious 4.0 may disturb the system enough to be illogical to keep around.

by the way...i find your claim that your 0 tolerance for any mistakes (which now includes removing anything which may not allow you to have a perfect GPA, which obviously empowers how impressive your credentials are, right?), as someone who used to work with that sort of moniker, actually very insane and not remotely applicable to the future. have you ever experienced failure? i'm asking as someone who's concerned for your sanity. it works just fine right now in academia, but academia is a heavily controlled environment with no consideration for variables.

The 4.0 at all times mainly shows "I do my very best until I cannot do any better.". If a student is a straight A student, then they are doing their work as best they can and complete it without mistakes. If a student goes for straight As through their life and jumps to a C in one year while keeping As in all except for one class, that looks really out of place doesn't it? If the student shows they are working extra hard in the one class they do the worst in, maybe it's not the students problem that causes that.

Youre right a 4.0 GPA isn't too useful but parents here are mostly unreasonable and don't see that. Have I ever experienced failure? I have never gone below the above average line. Failure here is considered getting the 2nd highest grade instead of the 1st. My sanity? "Sanity is overrated." is a common saying at my school right next to "Sleep is for the weak.". When someone mentions a suicide "joke" and people say it isn't funny, a common response is "You weren't supposed to laugh.". I know a few friends who have attempted suicide a few times and their parents don't have a clue. I'm sure everything will be fine in the end. There will probably be one or two maybe even three suicides by the next year maybe I'll be one of them but that's ok as long as I died with a 4.00 fucking GPA. 

Now I'm twitching just thinking about it. I'll just end this here.

12 hours ago, Glowing Glass said:

The hack wasn't hard to setup. I originally intended it for use on the darknet incase a certain few situations happened. It only took a few minutes to get access to the schools stuff. Not really a pro hacker thing since anyone could do it. All I had to do was make sure not to let them notice what was happening which even if they did, they would have shrugged it off as a bug. They can't even run their own site and equipment properly half the time, so much as to locating a hacker through a scrambling system that cleans itself up. It works as a one-way IP address modifier so I can locate them but they can't locate me or something like that. The only problem was that it just happen to randomly relocate me to a guy in Germany so a few bits of text on the Internet were German every here and there but that didn't bug me. I'm not entirely sure how to program works since I didn't create it. I just have actual hacker friends that showed it to me and let me use it.

So you basically used the onion router to connect to a German endpoint and access your school's website to submit a petition?
This thing gets used a lot for internet anonymity and bypassing IP-based bans and it works pretty close to what you described.
Though, I'm not quite sure why you keep referring to it as something underground or something you need "actual hacker friends" to acquire and use.

Also, why does your school let you submit petitions without a form of login or IP-checking? Why would they trust a petition by someone from Germany?
How did the rest of the students sign it? How would they know it was truly students from your school and not random people you got to anonymously sign it?

Sorry if I'm being a bit skeptical about all of this hacking stuff. It just makes no sense to me. A deeper explanation for us tech-savvy people would be excellent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, george99g said:

So you basically used the onion router to connect to a German endpoint and access your school's website to submit a petition?
This thing gets used a lot for internet anonymity and bypassing IP-based bans and it works pretty close to what you described.
Though, I'm not quite sure why you keep referring to it as something underground or something you need "actual hacker friends" to acquire and use.

Also, why does your school let you submit petitions without a form of login or IP-checking? Why would they trust a petition by someone from Germany?
How did the rest of the students sign it? How would they know it was truly students from your school and not random people you got to anonymously sign it?

Sorry if I'm being a bit skeptical about all of this hacking stuff. It just makes no sense to me. A deeper explanation for us tech-savvy people would be excellent.

Yeah that and a little something else is it. I don't really need hacker friends to use it, they only showed it to me and taught me how to use it. Making a single wrong move on the darknet could end badly. It's just better to have someone that actually knows what to do at all times help with it.

Why would they trust it was someone from Germany? They probably don't know it was. Whoever showed it probably made an excuse for it being in German and somehow the principal probably believed it. They don't check that far most of the time. Unless another student clearly made it.

The rest of the students signed it with a direct link to the site to do so. It was also locked with a simple little password to get in. It could very well be random people since there is no way of telling who actually did anything with it. That part is just run off of trusting what someone says.

If you want a further explanation about it I'll have to go ask the friend that helped me get it set up or you could look on the Internet for it since it isn't difficult to find programs like the one I used. Bypassing passwords are easy with things like this and it's basically all of the cyber security the school has. 

3 hours ago, Glowing Glass said:

There will probably be one or two maybe even three suicides by the next year maybe I'll be one of them but that's ok as long as I died with a 4.00 fucking GPA. 

get help.

also thank you for actually providing reasons. it's clear now that the teacher is completely unacceptable.

• Like 7

Now that the fag has been replaced everyone got the news.

This is the first time everyone in the class has smiled at the same time.

The school is giving us a free class period to make everything even better.

The shit teacher will now be supervised by the principal at all times possible.

Everythings great for the class I'm in but the other students still aren't satisfied with him in their classes, neither is the principal. 

I saw the little fuck walking down the hall and the expression on his face was pissed. I almost started laughing when I saw him.

One of the crazy students started crying a little and said "I'm crying tears of joy."

Best 

Day

Ever