Changing Back

#00Buck

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

I'm confused, because when I began reading the opening post I thought it would be a diary entry about relapsing into bad habits, but it actually almost sounds like you're complaining that exercise made you more attractive and virile.

Surely this is all good? If other people are frustrated with your self betterment then that's their problem; they should be glad that you're feeling healthier and better in yourself.

No shush.

Being attractive is just the worst. Being horny makes things even more difficult!
It's not like you can say "nah thank," to these ladies or something. Preposterous!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sylver said:

In some cases too much of a good thing can be very bad for your relationships.

One of the potential side effects of my ADHD medication is grandiosity. It's not common, but for whatever reason I experience it. At first the boost in confidence and feeling of power was nice, but it went a little too far. I started to feel like a God; that I viewed the world from the heavens and that people were blind to the world around them. I started humble bragging about a lot of things as well. I knew I was doing it, but since I didn't like acting that way I tried to stop. I succeeded to some degree, but in my opinion not enough. It could have been a lot worse I guess. Anyway, I managed to change with it so the majority of the negative effects aren't present. The only time it presents a problem is if I get careless and/or really hyped up about something.

Well here's an example of recent problems:

Most of my friends are fat and they don't seem to like the fact that I'm losing weight and gaining muscle. They congratulate each other when someone else mentions they have lost a few pounds but are dead silent about my weight loss even though it's incredibly obvious. They also get visually upset when I repeatedly refuse all the junk food they offer me. It's like my refusal to eat it makes them angry. I just say "no thanks" and pass it on. For some reason this upsets them. I mean people literally scowl at me as I pass it by. Also some of their wives are clearly attracted to me now. Also when I voice opinions on things there isn't any conversation or counter point just icy silence. Since becoming healthier things have only gotten worse. Other than my health nothing else has changed. 

2 hours ago, #00Buck said:

Most of my friends are fat and they don't seem to like the fact that I'm losing weight and gaining muscle. They congratulate each other when someone else mentions they have lost a few pounds but are dead silent about my weight loss even though it's incredibly obvious. They also get visually upset when I repeatedly refuse all the junk food they offer me. It's like my refusal to eat it makes them angry. I just say "no thanks" and pass it on. For some reason this upsets them. I mean people literally scowl at me as I pass it by. Also some of their wives are clearly attracted to me now. Also when I voice opinions on things there isn't any conversation or counter point just icy silence. Since becoming healthier things have only gotten worse. Other than my health nothing else has changed. 

So basically your friends are jealous?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sylver said:

I feel as though I shouldn't be sharing my thoughts because I don't think I have enough experience in the real world. This is just food for though anyway.

I'm pretty sure that's jealousy? 

You could be right. 

18 hours ago, Taikugemu said:

So basically your friends are jealous?

Hmm... Maybe.

9 hours ago, Strongbob said:

If your friends are jealous and unsupportive because you are loosing weight and trying to eat healthy then they aren't your friends. 

I think they are jealous now. 

Actually it seems like a lot of people are jealous of me now. 

I think they used to dislike some things about me but now that I'm getting in shape and attractive they just can't stand me anymore. 

I've also recently started to really enjoy all the good things about my life in very obvious ways which also seems to make them angry. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Ha! Calamari are not fresh water fish.

They are cephalopods and are inferior to me in every way.

Indeed kiss the ring pleb. Kiss it good.

_MG_9217_seabass_fillet_frozen_0.jpg

Such an inferior fish, the only thing that could barely be considered a ring:

recette-d17643-sea-bass-fillet-steamed-w

Besides, it's bears that kiss your rings, not wolves. Stupid.

tumblr_lzklr3l9VL1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

On 9/21/2016 at 8:40 PM, #00Buck said:

This really sounds like a their issue, not you. Truth is, most people don't have the willpower to hit the gym and start a diet and to stick with it. It's hard. You're doing it, and yeah, I think they're jealous.

As to everything else, like being hit on and such, well, that's up to you to handle that. Most people would consider that a good thing, but as someone with a low sex drive, I'd be pretty upset/freaked out if all of a sudden I had a monster one out of the blue. I certainly get why that's bothering you :P Dunno what you can/should do about it though.

As to the question itself: I don't really like who I used to be, at least in my college years. My online friends/places of interest where typical dens of internet shit, and it rubbed off in bad ways. I wasn't a nice person. I'm maybe not yet or ever will be, but I've certainly matured. My cynicism is all directed inwards now. It's better. I feel like I'm more productive now too.

• Like 1