charlotte riots

Gator

5 hours ago, MalletFace said:

I find it interesting that many news sources called them 'race riots,' when 'race riot' was mostly used to describe riots conducted by white individuals in the past. I'm honestly curious as to the reason for the change in tone. It used to be a positive name.

I am sure if there's a riot like the 1921 Tulsa riots caused by a bunch of pissed off White Supremacists, it would either be called a massive domestic disturbance, civil unrest, or not focused on at all. 

Because it is mostly perpetuated by black people, it is being called such. 

4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I am sure if there's a riot like the 1921 Tulsa riots caused by a bunch of pissed off White Supremacists, it would either be called a massive domestic disturbance or not focused on at all. 

Because it is mostly perpetuated by black people, it is being called such. 

In this day and age? Where people are super sensitive and spread their asscheeks for anyone who is non white?

please

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

this doesn't need to be said friend

When does it need to be said? Do I need to paraphrase and just say "The R Word"? Doesn't all it take for evil to triumph is for good people to just say nothing?

Edit: So you're just supposed to not ever say the R word as it is unspeakable and therefore non-existant.

enhanced-17476-1395674864-2.jpg

Just now, Cannakitty said:

When does it need to be said? Do I need to paraphrase and just say "The R Word"?

glossing over my year long break, I've known clayton (gamedog) for years. Not personally mind but sharing netspace with him

I can promise you we are literally all aware of his politics and their quality

I understand your noble intentions but he has shrugged off much more compelling arguments than "you are racist"

You are wasting your time

• Like 1

Just now, Another Ampers& said:

glossing over my year long break, I've known clayton (gamedog) for years. Not personally mind but sharing netspace with him

I can promise you we are literally all aware of his politics and their quality

I understand your noble intentions but he has shrugged off much more compelling arguments than "you are racist"

You are wasting your time

I'm not arguing at all. I'm just stating facts.

Just now, Cannakitty said:

I'm not arguing at all. I'm just stating facts.

Buck said the same thing to me over pms

I'm coming in and saying this as someone who has implicitly placed value on your time and energy. I'm not trying to make an enemy of you

If you want to have a fun time here you have to learn to ignore the trolls. They try to get your goat for attention. There's a lot of good people here and if you're selective of who you expose yourself to your experience here will be much more enjoyable

I'm not going to push you past this post. I'll be on discord if you want to hang out within the next 2 hours

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MalletFace said:

I find it interesting that many news sources called them 'race riots,' when 'race riot' was mostly used to describe riots conducted by white individuals in the past. I'm honestly curious as to the reason for the change in tone. It used to be a positive name.

I'm sure the shift from Jim Crow laws to the Civil Rights Act has something to do with that :v

• Like 2

Police radio transmissions are now up. 

They confirm that he was spotted rolling a joint while in possession of a gun. 

Drugs + Gun = Felony gun possession. 

They had everything they needed to confirm this person was at that moment engaged in criminal activity and was a possible threat. 

Check out the article below to hear the police radio traffic. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/charlotte-cops-release-radio-audio-keith-lamont-scott-shooting-article-1.2812929

The new NC body camera law is now in effect. 

Not even individuals that are the subject of the footage are guaranteed access now.

51 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Drugs + Gun = Felony gun possession. 

Federally, but the federal law is not followed in this state quite so strictly. 

In this state, marijuana possession of that amount is a civil offense, and combining a civil offense with gun possession isn't a felony.

If you have that amount of marijuana and a gun, an officer is supposed to give you a ticket, compliment your firearm, and take the marijuana. If the officer discovers you can't have a gun while giving the ticket, they arrest you.

13 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

The new NC body camera law is now in effect. 

Not even individuals that are the subject of the footage are guaranteed access now.

Federally, but the federal law is not followed in this state quite so strictly. 

In this state, marijuana possession of that amount is a civil offense, and combining a civil offense with gun possession isn't a felony.

If you have that amount of marijuana and a gun, an officer is supposed to give you a ticket, compliment your firearm, and take the marijuana. If the officer discovers you can't have a gun while giving the ticket, they arrest you.

Anything over 1.5 ounces is a felony even without the gun. 

Not if you're a convicted multiple felon. 

You get arrested and go to jail. That is if you drop the gun.

38 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

"Nice Smith & Wesson you've got there Mr. Eastwood."

• Like 2

14 hours ago, #00Buck said:

Anything over 1.5 ounces is a felony even without the gun.

My sheriff, Alan Cloninger, has told me directly that it is understood that officers will eyeball the amount and determine intent. If there's clearly enough that it is obviously with intent to distribute, they take it in to to measured. If there's obviously not enough to sell, they call it less than 1.5 ounces and give them a ticket.

Most of the officers around here smoke it anyway, and they really don't tend to go through with ticketing unless they want to steal some marijuana themselves or have a problem with the person smoking it.

Not if you're a convicted multiple felon.

14 hours ago, MalletFace said:

If the officer discovers you can't have a gun while giving the ticket, they arrest you.

That is if you drop the gun.

From your ankle, from your hand, from your pocket, from the car where officers told you to show your hands, or from a standing position where officers told you to show your hands?

8 hours ago, #00Buck said:

420 blz it. 

no really do you know how much weed 1 and a half ounces is

that you would think it prudent to assume a person who you see rolling a joint (which could contain that or a handful or other herbs, people hand roll their own tobacco too you know) in public (who the fuck rolls their weed in public) would have 1.5 ounces of weed on them like do you realize that's an entire ziploc bag full of The Pot

like say we assume this person in their car reading their books or w/e also wants to get their ganj on and toke up a big bowl of good news, whatever, say we assume that. Do you think that person would feel the need to bring 1.5 ounces out with them. that is 42.5~ grams of weed do you know how many joints that would make. Who the fuck would sit in their car doing whatever the police assumed they were doing with 425 CAD in drugs just on their person

4 hours ago, dark-skinned indian man said:

The African-Americans are ruining the reputation of dark-skinned peoples everywhere! As a dark-skinned Indian man, I will tell you that we are all better than this. Don't follow these few bad examples!

Pajeet my son...

• Like 3