The "I want to get into X" Thread

Kosha

... a girl's pants :Y

Obvious jokes aside, I would love to get into more local stuff like events or maybe hobby groups (or maybe even local furry groups) but I don't even know where to start finding that stuff. There's an art festival I'm going to attend that I saw in the newspaper, but everything else I usually see in that newspaper just suuucks!

• Like 2

seconded for women's undergarments

i also want to get into doing letsplay videos so i can be carcinogenic in ways outside of just writing posts on forums but i havent got a clue how to begin

but one lesson i have ready is to clip my recordings as short as possible so i have a 5-10min video of highlights and not dithering for 30 minutes

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

... a girl's pants :Y

Obvious jokes aside, I would love to get into more local stuff like events or maybe hobby groups (or maybe even local furry groups) but I don't even know where to start finding that stuff. There's an art festival I'm going to attend that I saw in the newspaper, but everything else I usually see in that newspaper just suuucks!

I know a good website for panties meant to fit c/amab ppl if anyone wants a link :v

anyway a lot of groups in your town will advertise in the local library, and might also meet up there. That's one of the main services that libraries are meant for but not many people know about it (source: worked in a library, went to college for library training)

The website will have their official groups but there should be a huge bulletin board inside the building that will have a bunch of unofficial stuff too (since basically anyone in the community will be allowed to post things)

• Like 1

Fencing and/or SCA 

Parkour

SCP

Videogames

anime like Tokyo Ghoul, bleach, ginga desensu weed, fairy tail, blah

tv shows like steven universe and watching more scrubs and futurama

Writing/Drawing more

Feather collecting/Skull collecting

I would fursuit and go to fur cons had I the funds

5 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

SCP

Stuff from the Heritage Collection (a collection of SCPs that have had a lot of influence over the site) and the Top Rated Pages are good places to start.

Afterwards, look at the titles of the SCPs, Tales, and Canons and whatever sounds interesting just read it.

Also worth noting is that the SCP Foundation has no real canon or continuity. Whatever you want to be canon is canon.

6 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

tv shows like steven universe and watching more scrubs and futurama

Start from the first episode and if you aren't hooked by the tenth, then move on. That's what I usually do.

5 minutes ago, Vitaly said:

And cooking.

Good Eats is a good show to watch. The host, Alton Brown, not only shows you how to cook, but the science and history behind it. It's pretty much Bill Nye but with cooking, highly recommend it.

• Like 1

Music

LANL

Mensa

New York.

9 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Feather collecting/Skull collecting

Roadkill is an easy resource for some things, you just need to wear gloves and clean the specimens. You can find instructions online.

If you would like I can clean a coyote skull for you. I was going to ask Johanna if she would like one, but I haven't gotten to that.

Oh yeah...I'm not a musician but I wanted to be able to have the satisfaction to play the beginning chords of

and

5 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

Music

LANL

Mensa

New York.

Roadkill is an easy resource for some things, you just need to wear gloves and clean the specimens. You can find instructions online.

If you would like I can clean a coyote skull for you. I was going to ask Johanna if she would like one, but I haven't gotten to that.

:o Send a coyote skull in dah mail pls

...also yeah that's predominantly what I do. I used to have a opossum jawbone but mustve lost it from moving so much. The skulls on the other hand I seem to run into but never have the resources at the time to secure them properly so I end up just being a weirdo staring at roadkill for five minutes :P

that reminds me I have feathers scattered throughout the house in plastic baggie, in the fridge, and such. I've been meaning to spare the money sometime to make a more proper display for them, perhaps a glass frame, book press, etc.

47 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

Employment

Well, start with identifying what you want to do (or barring that, what you think will fit your skillset)

I know your not US, but a number of their online career-assistance stuff can still be useful to you. This one in particular is great for seeing what you might be interested in as well as comparing its sector across others and whether they are in demand or predicted to be in demand:

http://www.mynextmove.org/explore/ip

Once that's complete, I recommend you look into you government's online offerings for job recruitment or other career centers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

Music

If you want to get into music on the cheap: Spotify and YouTube are great places to listen to music to. I'd start by finding albums with songs you like on them and then move on to stuff you haven't heard of.

Music blogs and review sites are a great place to find new music. /mu/'s wiki is also pretty helpful but extremely pretentious. I always use their essentials chart to get into a genre and their flowcharts to get into a band.

• Like 1

I want to get more into drawing and creative writing, as it has been a while since I have done either.

I also somewhat want to get into programing so I can mess around with modding various games, though it would probably take more time and effort than it would be worth.

I also would like to get into... birdcare? In other words, I want to get a pet bird, probably one of the smaller varieties of parrots. Right now the green cheeked conure looks like the best candidate in terms of its personality and the amount of care and attention it needs (I really like cockatoos, but they require near constant attention...).

there's a lot of stuff i want to learn more about or get more into.  some of it i have started to a small extent, but basically my current living situation doesn't allow me to do or take on much of anything.  so the list is long.

banjo (and possibly other instruments)

guns

hunting

taxidermy

meat

treasure hunting/scavenging/trash picking

jewelry making

plants/gardening

making props/decorations, masks, simple animatronics, etc

baking /cake decorating

animation

old cars

animals (would like to do something with a shelter, rehab center, adoption agency, tnr program, educational site, etc)

and lots of other stuff tbh; i should probably stop wanting to do things before my life reaches unsustainable levels of disappointment.

• Like 1

I'd love to get into fursuiting, and learning to make fursuits...and to find a group of friends to do this with. It'd be fun to learn to work on them as a group, and also, just hang out and have fun.

Also, I'd like to learn how to make/assemble large display fireworks

And how to make form fitting latex outfits/bodysuits, and then, how to also make animal or 'furry' versions of these; foxes, dogs, coons, even fossas.