Please stop giving me tests

TrishaCat

Please?

The classes I have at school on my schedule are timed in such a way lately where I've wound up having tests four weeks in a row.

2 weeks ago, I had tests for: Calculus II and Digital Devices

Last week, I had tests for: Intro to Logic, Architecture Appreciation, and Intro to Formal Languages and Automata

This week, I had a test for: Calculus II again

And I just found out that next week I have a test for Digital Devices again.

I'm tired. Every week I'm stressing about a test and I can't enjoy myself on weekends or time off because I have a test to study for or worry about coming up. Always a test to stress over. I so badly want a week off, and I bet with the way this is working out, after next week I'll have another Intro to Formal Languages test announced. Every week there's at least one night (sometimes multiple) where I'm staying up really late at night to study for a test the next day, and so I wind up exhausted the next day and too worn out to do anything but sleep once classes are over. I want to have fun. I already don't even get to go to my college's anime club, the only club that I had been a major part of, since I have a lab that occurs at the same time as the club's meeting. Classes already took away time from that, and now I'm having tests every single week that steal away any free time I might've had, all while oftentimes being too tired from a lack of sleep.

Please make it stop. I have homework. I have labs. Please space things out just a bit to where I could have a week off from tests. ;_;

• Like 1

Ah, reminds me of the good ol' days when I was still in college ^w^

If it wasn't a test or 3 that week, it was a couple projects due. You'll get the hang of scheduling the classes eventually. Watch that workload and don't be afraid to strategically drop a class if you have to.

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

don't be afraid to strategically drop a class if you have to.

How I wish I could x_x

This year my state made a rule that one must be taking 15 college credits or higher in order to receive state funding. I currently have 16. If I were to drop a class, either to save my GPA from a class I'm not doing well in or just make my workload easier, I'd have state funding taken away from me and would probably be required to pay back was given to me for the semester.

• Like 1

Imagine how big of a crunch you would have to make if all the tests of the month were condensed into a single week. It'd a HUGE bomb of stress at once

However, I do agree that tests are stressful and there shouldnt be many of them in a month

47 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

Imagine how big of a crunch you would have to make if all the tests of the month were condensed into a single week. It'd a HUGE bomb of stress at once

My sense of self worth is largely dependent on how well I'm doing in school.

Such a situation would be beyond me

• Like 1

is it at all possible to start nabbing some of the work earlier on or trying to study a bit more than what you need to?

for a little bit of time you will hate everything, but once you start to do things like this you will eventually need to spend less time on work because youve planned ahead for it.

i dont know if your schedule allows it. i just know when ive got a bad week coming up i try to also start accounting for the stuff of the week following as well.

i had four tests this week, last year i had 12 tests/quizes/essays/labs over the course of two weeks because of missing so much class from traveling for baseball (which i do not get tutors or extensions on work)... and then i had finals right after that... as stressful as it is you just gotta get through it as best as you can. I take 17 credits every semester as a biology major (in order to graduate within 4 years with all the classes I want to take), so the workload isn't that easy.

I've learned to do something i call "selective attention" in which you determine which things you need to pay attention to in order to do well in a class. For example right now I'm in my easy 100 level course for ecology (as an elective) and I really don't need to pay attention because I already know everything.... so in this 2.5 hour class I can do other work I normally wouldn't have a lot of time to do... like my histology work. My last histology test I got a 68 on (class average was 55), so I realized I need to spend more time working with that material, as well as working on the labs there more and so on and blah blah you get the idea, decide which things you need to do and pick what you need to do more, if youre in class have a test in 2 hours and you don't know anything about it, you can afford to miss a bit of your professor talking to look over your textbook or notes... know how and when you need to study

You should always have a bit of time to do things you like, if you don't you're gonna screw up your mood, your sleep pattern, and effectively ruin yourself and get bad grades. you have to delegate time after you finish your work to chill out and relax... myself playing baseball for the school, working 21 hours a week, and taking 17 credits don't have a lot of time to do the things I like... and it does affect my grades (hence the 68 on the test). I've had to cut down on my sleep a bit to get the appropriate number of hours I need to relax, which I make up for by taking short naps in between classes and in my Microbiology class... because that guy is an idiot and listening to him won't help me learn at all, especially since he's teaching us like we're a 100 level class

I hope something I said can help a bit, school sucks but in the end its worth it

• Like 1