Wanting to Look More Like Your 'Sona IRL

PastryOfApathy

Lately I've realized that I've been wanting to look more like my OC in real life. Like I'm planning on getting a collar and ears n' shit, but not only that I want to get my stupid heart armband thingy tattooed on my arm (or maybe somehow buy one idk) and maybe get red contacts or something. Although that last one screams "tryhard" like way too much.

Shit's weird as fuck and makes me feel like a huge faggot.

• Like 4

I dunno. I buy little dumb nerdo shit that reminds me of Lud all the time. I literally have clothing that I tried on and bought solely on the grounds of "This is something he would wear" coupled with the resulting fact that it looks damn good on me.

If it makes you happy, you do you.

• Like 1

If you don't care about other people's opinions, just do it if it makes you feel better. I have seen a some people with cat ears or tails sticking out from them. I glanced at them for a second and moved on and ultimately didn't care. 

Or you could bank your money for the future where there's a possibility one can have some real authentic body modifications. 

4 hours ago, Snagged Cub said:

Or you could bank your money for the future where there's a possibility one can have some real authentic body modifications. 

This reminded me that I DO want to have permanent fangs put in eventually. And I want to have my ears pointed but only if I can have them more like Link instead of Spock. I enjoy looking less "human" if I'm honest.

I bought some horns but I've not worn them in public yet because I know my parents are gonna scoff and that makes me feel bad.

3 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

This reminded me that I DO want to have permanent fangs put in eventually. And I want to have my ears pointed but only if I can have them more like Link instead of Spock. I enjoy looking less "human" if I'm honest.

Elf girl with fangs? Aww yeah.

5 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

Honestly fangs just sound like a horrible accident waiting to happen...even if they sound super rad.

I can sympathize with the wanting to look "less human" part though. Since generally speaking I hate how I look and all that other self-pitying junk.

Although sharp-ass buck teeth don't seem like they'd work too well imo

9 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Honestly fangs just sound like a horrible accident waiting to happen...even if they sound super rad.

I can sympathize with the wanting to look "less human" part though. Since generally speaking I hate how I look and all that other self-pitying junk.

Although sharp-ass buck teeth don't seem like they'd work too well imo

Well, give yourself a little time as far as looks go. Things change over time and you may end up looking just how you want. 

As for the armband and collar this place does custom and the quality is amazing and it is Canadian $$$ so it is 30% less for you. 

I've bought stuff from them in the past and it is a great place to shop. Check it out.

Just google search Northbound Leather

I see lots of people with coloured contacts at conventions. They are not that expensive and really add to the look of your costume in a big way. 

• Like 1

I am infact a gay blue dog irl, I'm trying to become more hooman.

But in all seriousness, I think it's nice having some things to do with the furry character, like I've found myself wanting to buy blue and white clothing and I'd like to dye my hair blue again and some other fun lil things. But I really like blue anyways, blue is the best.

Working on my fursona model's was one of the major drivers in my weight loss and exercise initiative over the past 6 years. It made me keenly aware of anatomy and helped open my eyes to the terrible things I had done to my body. I may never be the tall, rail-thin build of my character (though, I'm considering surgery for the remainder of the 'thin' part that I can achieve) but wanting to look more like that has nevertheless been an important element of my progression towards better health.

• Like 2

I've been told that I already bear an unvanny resemblance to my manimal, so that's pretty cool I guess~

I also own a couple pairs of those pink hippie shades, a collar, and then of course the hood and tail. Believe me, I wish I had less shame so I had more excuses to wear them, because I love it :>

• Like 1

I wear teal shirts, but that's about it. Our builds are basically the same. Tall, and somewhat thin. Which reminds me, I should draw myself a proper avatar one of these days. My current one was made with a character generator and could be more accurate.

Dont feel weird, your sona is literally just you so youre essentially just using it as a test dummy  for personal aesthetic appeals and such...I think I started the whole ear piercing stretch thing because I put it on my murrsona first, and then have been wanting to get wing tattoos for the longest time. Also the way they dress, because its really just the way I would dress.

5 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

My fagsona is already an awkward, ugly nerd. What is there to change?

Awkwardness is a common teenage stage of life and I don't think you're ugly either. 

Yes you are a nerd but there are lots of nerds out there. It's a nerd's world these days.  

You should be a little nicer to yourself. There's a lot to like about you. 

BTW I'm listening to Queen right now. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You totally should get all that. But that's how it starts. First it's a few accessories, then you're looking at fursuit makers, then cons, then meets, then you start fantasizing about how to actually be your fursona. Next thing you know, you realize your whole life now revolves around furry and nothing else matters.  

I support your endeavor and wish you good luck.