Accomplishments Thread

MuttButt

Have you learned something today? mastered a new skill? Reaches a goal? Share it here no matter how silly or small! Feel free to also set goals for posterity, give a time frame for that goal and then post again with whether you succeeded or failed. I'll start just as an example.

Today I learned to waveshine combo with falco in super smash bros melee.

For the rest of this week, I would like to finish my homework at least a day prior to when it's due, and avoid procrastinating until im awake at ridiculous hours (later than 1 or 2 am)

On friday afternoon I will post and say how I did.

• Like 2

I got 98% on my last exam and I've been pushing myself to go harder on each run and I'm pretty proud of the progress I've made so far.

My goal: To finish the assignment that's due tomorrow at 5pm AEST.

• Like 7

I've limited myself to one diet energy drink, per day for the past week. I'm not sure how this started...but for the past few months, it's as if I developed an energy drink addiction, after only ever having had them occasionally. I think it's my long commute, lack of time, lack of sleep, that fuels this. Plus, I can drink them faster than coffee, and with lunch and they are cool and refreshing.

But it's probably better than popping Adderall (amphetamine salts). My God, the students on this campus take Adderall like it was candy...I swear, there's a gumball machine in the student union that dispenses it.

• Like 1

Have been making steady progress on a new rubber-fur short story, loosely based on a RP...and it's been going extremely well. Makes me wish I had the $ to do a comic book adaptaion, hire an artist and all. But I should be back to posting new stuff on FA and such very soon, so I feel good about that.

• Like 1

I put down vacation time over June 29th to July 2nd (and threw in the 3rd for a bonus since the 4th is a holiday for me) for AC 2017!

Wow... I'm actually going to take a vacation of my own volition and not because I have to or to tag along on a family trip o.O

Now all I need is a hotel booking and to notify the family. Oh, and for my managers to approve the vacation time XP

• Like 2

On 06/10/2016 at 4:36 PM, Revates said:

I got 98% on my last exam and I've been pushing myself to go harder on each run and I'm pretty proud of the progress I've made so far.

My goal: To finish the assignment that's due tomorrow at 5pm AEST.

UPDATE ON MY AMAZING GOAL: So I completed the assignment and submitted it, unfortunately I didn't realize until 1 hour before the submission time that I was meant to hand in the physical copy, so I resigned and decided to email my tutor it and hope he's kind enough to accept that. :c I'm a bad student.

As for a new achievement, I have been getting into a solid routine of things and haven't had this level of work ethic for years. I'm pretty happy and couldn't have done it without the support of my partner. #win

New goal: I need to start my next assignment, study 10 page of my textbook readings and if I have time start our group assignment. This should all be done by Monday.

• Like 4

Well, I didn't do any of my homework, but I did do a few problems out of a math textbook I'm working through. I've also managed to remain mostly positive despite my having accomplished almost nothing today.

• Like 2

I have done an amazing job at work today of looking like I'm working, after getting various things all caught up, and then, using the left over time to goof off. That's the trouble with a library job, at a college: you're not gonna make any more unless the state budget approves an increase, so just do your best to get by, and learn that it's no good knocking yourself out, when there's no real incentive.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2016 at 0:08 PM, Revates said:

New goal: I need to start my next assignment, study 10 page of my textbook readings and if I have time start our group assignment. This should all be done by Monday.

Update: Failed my goal, but ah well. I found I have more time on some things than I thought and less on others. So this except done by Friday this time.Plus another 20pages.

As for accomplishments, I went for my run yesterday and would've ran an extra few hundred metres which felt good to continually see progress of some sort.

• Like 2

Managed to wake up before it is even light outside, walk to the train, and make it to work for another day. Each day, it seems like an eternity, the time at work, the commute and I have wondered, how long can I last, at this? Yet I lasted another day. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2016 at 3:45 PM, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

That really is an accomplishment because sending or recieving "collars" for human use is tough to swallow xD

Aw, but he loves it! Wears it to sleep, very cute. Collars have been a kinda common present, with certain friends of mine, among other accessories...keeps things playful.

Well, today I accomplished staying awake at work on a Monday, thus far...time for lunch, and my diet energy drink!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the past three days I:

• got an interview for a pretty-much-guaranteed seasonal job,
  • renewed my learner's permit because it expired when I turned 18,
  • drove for the first time since I caused a major accident,
  • stopped panicking about university applications,
  • sent out high school and college transcripts,
  • dealt with all the problems I had when I got ejected out of my courses,
  • finished writing an essay and helping some other students with theirs,
  • dealt with an issue with my SAT scores caused by The College Board,
  • registered for spring courses at the college,
  • made a plan to see my nephews and niece this weekend, and
  • managed to accidentally become the Basileus of the Byzantine Empire in CK2 and not fuck it up.

• Like 1