Accomplishments Thread

MuttButt

16 hours ago, Zeke said:

I dinged IRL today. Level 29.
God, I feel old :c

12 hours ago, Vae said:

Welcome to the "just barely not 30" club.

You're only as old as you feel :V

Just ignore the greyhairs, bodily malfunctions, deteriorating mental capacity, wrinkles, stress, bills...

12 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

oh hey

I have a job interview at 3:30 today

Good luck, I will crossy fingers for you.

If you dont get it congrats on the interview anyways, you can learn what to do and not to for the next interview, first interviews are an experience all on their own.

I can also dump a ton of interview tips on you as well but I'll let you give it a shot :v

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Good luck, I will crossy fingers for you.

If you dont get it congrats on the interview anyways, you can learn what to do and not to for the next interview, first interviews are an experience all on their own.

I can also dump a ton of interview tips on you as well but I'll let you give it a shot :v

It's actually my second interview... with the same people I did my first interview with.

I'm a lot more desperate for literally anything now, so :D

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

It's actually my second interview... with the same people I did my first interview with.

I'm a lot more desperate for literally anything now, so :D

That feel, bro. The crowd I'm with now made me do 4 interviews for the same job. Valuable experience though.

My accomplishment for the day: I uh ...hmm ._.

• Like 1

I'm pretty certain I have managed to permanently fix the problem I was having with my computer spiking to 100% disc usage, though it took much longer than it should have.

I spent a lot of time searching for program incompatibilities when it was, of course, Windows 10 itself causing the problem, but luckily it was something that could be disabled without serious issue.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Skyra said:

I don't understand any of it and our teacher is a cow. :D 

As a really little kid, I thought I would love chemistry and want to be a chemist, but then, when I took it, I had this horrible teacher, and it just seemed to be me to tears, like anything fun had been drained out of it. I guess I expected it to be more exciting, and it was just not very engaging, to me. Odd, how a teacher can sour you to things, early on, like that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

As a really little kid, I thought I would love chemistry and want to be a chemist, but then, when I took it, I had this horrible teacher, and it just seemed to be me to tears, like anything fun had been drained out of it. I guess I expected it to be more exciting, and it was just not very engaging, to me. Odd, how a teacher can sour you to things, early on, like that.

My high school chemistry teacher was this really awesome migrant guy from like, nigeria or something, who would make people stand up for the period if they fell asleep.

One time to get our attention he cleared the front desk and just set it on fire so he could show us how to put it out safely with the fire blanket.

He was really cool. I did pretty well in that class but didn't pursue the subject after cuz money got tight 'n stuff ._.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LadyRadarEars said:

My high school chemistry teacher was this really awesome migrant guy from like, nigeria or something, who would make people stand up for the period if they fell asleep.

One time to get our attention he cleared the front desk and just set it on fire so he could show us how to put it out safely with the fire blanket.

He was really cool. I did pretty well in that class but didn't pursue the subject after cuz money got tight 'n stuff ._.

My chemistry teacher was a blond. She was okay at it, but had a hard time articulating what she meant,

Been breaking out of my comfort zone quite a bit lately in both my art and offline life. On top of that, I did manage to get the job I had an interview for the other week.. which so far has been pretty good! Nothing "high class", but it's something and I'm glad for that.

As for a goal, I'd like to save up enough cash for a week long trip to Texas eventually. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Moogle said:

Been breaking out of my comfort zone quite a bit lately in both my art and offline life. On top of that, I did manage to get the job I had an interview for the other week.. which so far has been pretty good! Nothing "high class", but it's something and I'm glad for that.

CONGRATULATIONS

I was gonna ask on discord but that would be a weird way to start a conversation (also ty for furending me i just noticed because discord is a dork).

I rebuilt a rotten porch floor with my father... well, most of it, anyway; the framing and columns took us 5 hours instead of 2, so we didn't have time to finish all of the flooring...

But at least the flooring itself is the easiest part, and shouldn't take too long.

• Like 1

finished a musical for the second day in a row after a dress rehearsal this mroning, and yesterdays musical was an hour after driving back from indiana where i performed at a clinic and studied some contemporary percussion.

im taking on my hell week best i can, now to knock out five performances and two exams and i will be on the other side in no time

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, evan said:

finished a musical for the second day in a row after a dress rehearsal this mroning, and yesterdays musical was an hour after driving back from indiana where i performed at a clinic and studied some contemporary percussion.

im taking on my hell week best i can, now to knock out five performances and two exams and i will be on the other side in no time

BREAK ON THRU TO THE OTHER SIDE

Good luck with all that jazz (and other genres too probably), poodle boy. You've been missed c:

18 hours ago, Sourdough said:

CONGRATULATIONS

I was gonna ask on discord but that would be a weird way to start a conversation (also ty for furending me i just noticed because discord is a dork).

Thanks! Lady luck was definitely with me on that day. :P Discord is still such a maze for me too, new fangled programs! -shakes fist-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I managed to get out of bed, do the dishes and eat, despite this wave of depression that seems be pulling me down like some sudden undertow, like I have swallowed a very heavy stone, and don't want to get up, or as if I am being held down by some tremendous weight, and nothing matters. Therapy, medications, the best made plans and steps to do this or that...yet, as the years go by, hope gets harder to come by.

So I suppose I accomplished living for another day; I have not pulled an Anne Sexton yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally received my discount card, which means I've worked and had my job for 3 months and am officially apart of the team! This whole probation period had me super worried.. thought they would have canned me for sure near the end. Yay for making cash and being secure. ☺️

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Moogle said:

Finally received my discount card, which means I've worked and had my job for 3 months and am officially apart of the team! This whole probation period had me super worried.. thought they would have canned me for sure near the end. Yay for making cash and being secure. ☺️

Oh, what job do ya have, if ya mind me asking? :D

@Socketosis I don't mind (thanks for asking, actually ♥️)! If anything, I'm just a bit embarrassed to have made such a huge deal out of it in my previous post considering the position.. 😋 It's retail, more specifically produce associate. First step back into climbing the ladder of opportunities, I hope!

• Like 1