Local fur accused of molestation

Crazy Lee

I think I've met this guy before. Face looks kinda familiar. I don't know him personally though, and he lives on the other side of the state 3 hours away.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/10/furry_enthusiast_accused_of_re.html#incart_river_home_pop

The best part of this though is the comments. Screw the article about some guy getting busy with a relative. Between the people smearing furries, and the furries doing an absolutely shit job at defending the fandom and making themselves look like pedos as well, it's some crazy shit.

Don't be this guy:

People like this guy.PNG

Furries always have a knee-jerk reaction of sweeping any sort of controversy under the rug. I get that the news article black-balled the furry fandom, however, I'd look at it as an opportunity to be a bit more aware of the members of our community and take action when things don't seem right. I mean, we already do so good a job that people like Chase, Zaush and Tora actively participate and lead large portions of the website. Honestly, the furry fandom does too much to try to cover up any sort of controversy than to let it bleed out and make people want to do something about it. But what can you do when the common mantra is "BE TOLERANT" in this fandom of ours? 

It's not so bad, but a lot of bad eggs are allowed to mix in with the good ones. Kind of like offering someone some fine wine to drink and saying "Well, it's only 20% piss, but it's still good". HOW DARE YOU NOT DRINK MY PISS WINE!

I probably could've fleshed out my points a bit more, but I'm cooking dinner. Chew on it and respond accordingly. I-if you want to,....

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, DevilBear said:

I'm not surprised. This fandom is all too welcoming to the less desirable, less socially aware members of society.

It's a combo of welcoming the less desirable, and the less desirable creating a fandom to welcome those like them.

• Like 4

There are some bad eggs in the fandom, to be sure, but the Catholic Church has us beat, by a long shot. We'll probably never catch up to that degree of abuse, denial, and half-baked excuses. But I agree: Best not to sweep these things under the rug, whether the people are furs, coaches, priests, relatives or whomever.

• Like 3

When you spend more time on the Internet you spend less time in the real worls

suee, you go to work but your life revolves around Internet things

yiur social life (let's be honest, lack of one) suffers, and your social skills become nonexistant

this is why I think there's so much self diagnosis of autism in the fandom and in online communities like tumblr. It's not that they're autistic, it's just that they've murdered their social skills and made no attempts to recover them

• Like 5

I'm just going to butt in to say that I think releasing the identities of people who have been accused of crimes, before they have been convicted, is poorly informed.

A man at my University was accused of rape and police investigations revealed, after he was brought into national disrepute, that there was never any crime; a third party wanted to smear his name in order to sabotage his political position at the University.

Furries always have a knee-jerk reaction of sweeping any sort of controversy under the rug. I get that the news article black-balled the furry fandom, however, I'd look at it as an opportunity to be a bit more aware of the members of our community and take action when things don't seem right. I mean, we already do so good a job that people like Chase, Zaush and Tora actively participate and lead large portions of the website. Honestly, the furry fandom does too much to try to cover up any sort of controversy than to let it bleed out and make people want to do something about it. But what can you do when the common mantra is "BE TOLERANT" in this fandom of ours? 

It's not so bad, but a lot of bad eggs are allowed to mix in with the good ones. Kind of like offering someone some fine wine to drink and saying "Well, it's only 20% piss, but it's still good". HOW DARE YOU NOT DRINK MY PISS WINE!

I probably could've fleshed out my points a bit more, but I'm cooking dinner. Chew on it and respond accordingly. I-if you want to,....

Sorry; I have to disagree with you. The police are there to facilitate justice. It is their place to investigate allegations, not online drama theatres. 

I am very surprised that I have to argue this corner.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I'm just going to butt in to say that I think releasing the identities of people who have been accused of crimes, before they have been convicted, is poorly informed.

I don't know how it's done in England but in the USA it's common to tell the person's identity. It can certainly lead to people's reputation's being smeared if the charges are dropped later on, which happens. The person loses his job, or has to move, or something. Has trouble getting a new job. What's worse is that they posted the guy's home address and Facebook which is pretty low. And then the journalist tries to shrug it off by saying that it's perfectly legal and a part of public record. Yes, but most people have to dig up the public record, and just because it's legal doesn't make it right.

Also, M-Live is news like a poncho is a winter coat. They're a state-wide news company but from every article I've seen by them, their journalistic standards are absolute shit.

11 minutes ago, Saxon said:

A man at my University was accused of rape and police investigations revealed, after he was brought into national disrepute, that there was never any crime; a third party wanted to smear his name in order to sabotage his political position at the University.

Sorry; I have to disagree with you. The police are there to facilitate justice. It is their place to investigate allegations, not online drama theatres. 

I am very surprised that I have to argue this corner.

But of course, but when you're dissuading people from reporting said people to the police because "They're popufur" or to hush hush or else you're not apart of the group (Which I see a lot on the west coast furz scene), that's something I think is pretty important to take note of. Sure, the police should be doing the hard investigating, but I feel like this fandom has a special knack for wanting to bury anything remotely controversial that goes on with it. 

I think you missed my mark, but that might've been my fault. Who knows. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

I don't know how it's done in England but in the USA it's common to tell the person's identity. It can certainly lead to people's reputation's being smeared if the charges are dropped later on, which happens. The person loses his job, or has to move, or something. Has trouble getting a new job. What's worse is that they posted the guy's home address and Facebook which is pretty low. And then the journalist tries to shrug it off by saying that it's perfectly legal and a part of public record. Yes, but most people have to dig up the public record, and just because it's legal doesn't make it right.

Yeah, it is done in England too, and there has been a recent spate of accusations of people who transpired to be innocent.

One included a man accused of being a sex-crazed murderer; a national newspaper published stories gathering testimony from people who knew him explaining how he was a weird and isolated person who they could definitely see as a murderer.

He had to change his identity after he was exonerated.

But of course, but when you're dissuading people from reporting said people to the police because "They're popufur" or to hush hush or else you're not apart of the group (Which I see a lot on the west coast furz scene, that's something I think is pretty important to take note of. Sure, the police should be doing the hard investigating, but I feel like this fandom has a special knack for wanting to bury anything remotely controversial that goes on with it. 

I think you missed my mark, but that might've been my fault. Who knows. 

I think your trial-by-public and name dropping is also bad. Imagine if it turns out somebody is innocent and you've been going around telling all their friends that they're a paedophile. It's a horrible thing to do and, if people were failing to report suspected criminals, this would not make the situation better; it makes it worse.

We don't want to be like the SJW or Youtube drama communities, who spend all of their time publicly accusing each other of being bigots and paedophiles.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Yeah, it is done in England too, and there has been a recent spate of accusations of people who transpired to be innocent.

One included a man accused of being a sex-crazed murderer; a national newspaper published stories gathering testimony from people who knew him explaining how he was a weird and isolated person who they could definitely see as a murderer.

He had to change his identity after he was exonerated.

I think your trial-by-public and name dropping is also bad. Imagine if it turns out somebody is innocent and you've been going around telling all their friends that they're a paedophile. It's a horrible thing to do and, if people were failing to report suspected criminals, this would not make the situation better; it makes it worse.

We don't want to be like the SJW or Youtube drama communities, who spend all of their time publicly accusing each other of being bigots and paedophiles.

I think you're taking my point and dropping it into a far off extreme. Or missing the mark entirely. 

3 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

I think you're taking my point and dropping it into a far off extreme. Or missing the mark entirely. 

You started publicly naming people who you think are criminals. That's not a good behaviour. :\ Even if you were right 90% of the time, you could still spread gossip that could ruin somebody's life.

This is really simple stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, Saxon said:

You started publicly naming people who you think are criminals. That's not a good behaviour. :\ Even if you were right 90% of the time, you could still spread gossip that could ruin somebody's life.

This is really simple stuff.

Look, i know you really really hate broccoli, but you don't have to derail this thread about your hate of broccoli. That's really just not right at all. 

1 minute ago, Toshabi said:

Look, i know you really really hate broccoli, but you don't have to derail this thread about your hate of broccoli. That's really just not right at all. 

...?

This is what the thread is about; It's a thread about a criminal accusation.

I'm frustrated that papers and news sites publish people's identities before their convictions; I think we can all see why that's a problem right?

So why are we all doing that same behaviour?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saxon said:

...?

This is what the thread is about; It's a thread about a criminal accusation.

I'm frustrated that papers and news sites publish people's identities before their convictions; I think we can all see why that's a problem right?

So why are we all doing that same behaviour?

Look, imma stop you there, because it's kinda pointless talking to a brick wall. 

Just now, Toshabi said:

Look, imma stop you there, because it's kinda pointless talking to a brick wall. 

I think that, if you thought that, you just wouldn't reply.

I think you're trying to distract from the fact that you've been engaging in this behaviour yourself, even though it could be deleterious to innocent people, and that's why you're suffering from 'I must have the last comment' syndrome.

It's not very difficult to just say 'Actually I see your point that I could be spreading nasty rumours about people who aren't criminals, and I'm not going to do that anymore'.

10 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I think that, if you thought that, you just wouldn't reply.

I think you're trying to distract from the fact that you've been engaging in this behaviour yourself, even though it could be deleterious to innocent people, and that's why you're suffering from 'I must have the last comment' syndrome.

It's not very difficult to just say 'Actually I see your point that I could be spreading nasty rumours about people who aren't criminals, and I'm not going to do that anymore'.

My last remark to you really, because you're off on Saxon's world famous tangent, but the people mentioned in my post are well known figures who have either been caught by the police or have admitted their crimes themselves. And despite all this, they'll get a special pass over others just because they draw really really good penis or have le popufur status. Which happens from time to time in this community. There's a huge difference between "They might've done it" and "Bitch, they straight up said they dun it", a difference you seem to be shortsighted on. But hey, you really wanna seem like a super hero for taking some pseudo Phoenix Wright debate stance on all this and turning a discussion about people not being quick to cover up everything into a discussion about how your attorney badge is decisive evidence in the Larry Buttz murder case. 

Not sure what's so SJW about that, but hey, that's cool that you really wanna say that. Perhaps you'rw visualizing me spanking you right now while I say this and want to just push on the harsh-on-em Toshabi attitude to further feed the fantasy. Either or, you're being cut off. 

• Like 3

Guys, knock it off. You can make out in PMs.
Keep the thread on-topic.

Also, yes, it's very common to publish names in accusations here, unless it's a minor.

Also, of course furries are gonna focus on the fandom mention. Because who cares that a child very well may have been raped multiple times by this guy.
"MUH FANDUMB!!"
Truly the noblest of priorities.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

My last remark to you really, because you're off on Saxon's world famous tangent, but the people mentioned in my post are well known figures who have either been caught by the police or have admitted their crimes themselves. And despite all this, they'll get a special pass over others just because they draw really really good penis or have le popufur status. Which happens from time to time in this community. There's a huge difference between "They might've done it" and "Bitch, they straight up said they dun it", a difference you seem to be shortsighted on. But hey, you really wanna seem like a super hero for taking some pseudo Phoenix Wright debate stance on all this and turning a discussion about people not being quick to cover up everything into a discussion about how your attorney badge is decisive evidence in the Larry Buttz murder case. 

Not sure what's so SJW about that, but hey, that's cool that you really wanna say that. Perhaps your visualizing me spanking you right now while I say this and want to just push on the harsh-on-em Toshabi attitude to further feed the fantasy. Either or, you're being cut off. 

So have they been convicted?

I can totally understand that popular people may feel they have a sense of impunity, but the reverse is also true, because they make very juicy targets for scorned or jealous individuals, so I would rather not get involved in that gossip-flinging.
I hope you can see that? Having a strong sense that somebody did something because you read drama online isn't the same as a criminal conviction.

I'm not inviting sexual advances from you, Toshabi. :\ Please don't.

Guys, knock it off. You can make out in PMs.
Keep the thread on-topic.

Also, yes, it's very common to publish names in accusations here, unless it's a minor.

Also, of course furries are gonna focus on the fandom mention. Because who cares that a child very well may have been raped multiple times by this guy.
"MUH FANDUMB!!"
Truly the noblest of priorities.

Yeah it frustrates me that this is the first response by a lot of people when they hear about this sort of thing. There is sort of a compound issue here in my opinion; I don't think people's identities should be published until after a successful prosecution and I don't understand why some people feel like they have to make it clear that they don't share guilt by association. I don't think many people assume guilt by association anyway, to be honest, do they?

It doesn't bother me that he is a furry or that the media are trying to paint a bad picture of us. It's the fact that there are scum like him in this world in the first place.

And 4 years? What is that crap?! He sexually assaulted a child, a relative too. 

People like him need to cease existing, but no one has the balls nowadays to fucking do anything. Let's just put him in time out and he'll learn his lesson.

And the kid? So what if he is forever scarred by this, right? That's what expensive ass therapy is for and lots of pills!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It doesn't bother me that he is a furry or that the media are trying to paint a bad picture of us. It's the fact that there are scum like him in this world in the first place.

People like him need to cease existing, but no one has the balls nowadays to fucking do anything. Let's just put him in time out and he'll learn his lesson.

And the kid? So what if he is forever scarred by this, right? That's what expensive ass therapy is for and lots of pills!

4 years is just for lying in an investigation, I think. Sexual assault of a child would garner a longer sentence.

tbh I think the rat tail is more indicative of his willingness to engage in rapey shit than his involvement in the furry fandom

look at that shit it is all business in the front but there are SECRETS in the back

EDIT: @Enigma I believe the lowest raping a child can go is being labeled as a "misdemeanor" at 7 years, the max being 35 to life

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Disgusting.

from what I know having it labeled a misdemeanor is something that state prosecutors specifically do within circumstances where the court process would be drawn out (I.E. not a whole lot of evidence, etc) and it's done as like, a plea bargain thing

so uh, probably not this case given it seems they have a lot of evidence + the other felonies, unless there's complications with the victim wanting to pull out (it's very hard to sit in court relaying the details of your rape over and over to a group of strangers, especially for a child) but thankfully there's a really long statute of limitations on statutory rape

9 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Anything less than the death is too good for him.

Meh, however bad we feel criminals are some penalties have to be avoided, because people do get wrongfully convicted from time to time, so...yeah, I wouldn't recommend letting the judiciary decide who lives and dies.

Anyway, let's hope that the victim's life can be pieced back together. :\

I'm very surprised they listed his home addresses, not surprised about listing name

Not surprised about mullet

...that's pretty damn irresponsible.

1 minute ago, Another Ampers& said:

from what I know having it labeled a misdemeanor is something that state prosecutors specifically do within circumstances where the court process would be drawn out (I.E. not a whole lot of evidence, etc) and it's done as like, a plea bargain thing

So clever slimeballs or ones with some sort of leverage get less time. It's still sickening.

1 minute ago, Saxon said:

Meh, however bad we feel criminals are some penalties have to be avoided, because people do get wrongfully convicted from time to time, so...yeah, I wouldn't recommend letting the judiciary decide who lives and dies.

I never said don't have a proper investigation. Put him in prison with enough evidence and if it's ever 100%. Kill him. 

Just now, Enigma said:

So clever slimeballs or ones with some sort of leverage get less time. It's still sickening.

those are both the same point basically, the more money you have the more able you are to pay for a lawyer and court fees (I know someone who had to accept a plea bargain w/ jail time because they literally could not afford to continue the trial / pay for their lawyer)

If you're rich you can basically get away with anything \:3/

• Like 1

Just now, Enigma said:

I never said don't have a proper investigation. Put him in prison with enough evidence and if it's ever 100%. Kill him. 

I'm not sure I would describe plea bargaining like that. It's important that it exists because it can guarantee a conviction to keep a dangerous person out of the community, or it can provide leverage for investigating officers to press a suspect for information, which will help them snare more criminals.

It's sort of...grey I guess? It's a pragmatic thing.

If you begin killing people you set a precedent; eventually somebody who has been framed or wrongfully convicted is going to get executed because it's not possible to have a justice system that only generates 100% confidence convictions. 

Like, this is the reason for Aristotle's famous quote that the law is 'reason, free from passion,'.  Whatever we do to people, we have to stop short of eye-gauging and executing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I'm not sure I would describe plea bargaining like that. It's important that it exists because it can guarantee a conviction to keep a dangerous person out of the community, or it can provide leverage for investigating officers to press a suspect for information, which will help them snare more criminals.

It's sort of...grey I guess? It's a pragmatic thing.

If you begin killing people you set a precedent; eventually somebody who has been framed or wrongfully convicted is going to get executed because it's not possible to have a justice system that only generates 100% confidence convictions. 

Like, this is the reason for Aristotle's famous quote that the law is 'reason, free from passion,'.  Whatever we do to people, we have to stop short of eye-gauging and executing.

I'm not saying kill all criminals. Or that every case will open and shut, without a shadow of a doubt 100%. If they have use to help you catch more criminals sure, keep them alive for the time being. You are assuming a lot from what I said.

I am saying if it is if some is guilty and is proven so completely or is caught red handed of doing such a thing, they should not exist.

No pussy footing around. 

Yes the law is grey, but it's soft on the wrong people.

Edit: Life is passion. We should free them from it.

11 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

those are both the same point basically, the more money you have the more able you are to pay for a lawyer and court fees (I know someone who had to accept a plea bargain w/ jail time because they literally could not afford to continue the trial / pay for their lawyer)

If you're rich you can basically get away with anything \:3/

So full of shit.

Oh my god, people really suck sometimes.

39 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I am saying if it is if some is guilty and is proven so completely or is caught red handed of doing such a thing, they should not exist.

No pussy footing around. 

Retributive justice does quite a bit of harm to the victim and the society at large, especially with this sort of crime. Retributive justice has largely existed as a means of benefiting the state or deity and not the victim or the society.

This isn't the Ketuvim, and the victim is a kid. Gods demand death and retribution; kids just want it all to go away.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Why stop there? Let's kills everyone who's scum!

Now, I don't care about capital punishment one way or another 'cuz I know it dosn't do anything. It doesn't do anything, 'cept maybe satisfy a kind of Biblical need for revenge. You know, if you read The Bible, you see that it's full of retrebution and revenge. So really, capital punishment is kind of a religious ritual. It's a purification right. It's a modern sacrament. And as long as that's true, I say, let's liven it up a little! I honestly believe that if you make the death penalty a little more entertaining and learn to market it correctly, you just might be able to raise enough money to balance the stupid fucking budget!! Balance the stupid fucking budget!!

3 hours ago, Sylver said:

I think it may be useful to see things from their perspective. Before I begin, I'd like to clarify that I don't advocate child rape. It's just that nobody has really given a different angle yet, so that's why I'm posting this.

I can't find the source, but I read somewhere that pedophiles, on average, first realize they have an exclusive attraction to children at the age of 18. Interestingly, the average child molester doesn't actually abuse a child until ~40. There is a 22 year gap between first realizing their attraction to children and their first offense. During which the majority don't seek help for their condition or speak to someone about it.

I assume it's because they are afraid people will reject, ostracize, or even assault them. To be honest, I think that's exactly what would happen in a lot of cases. Parents still disown their children for liking the same sex, but imagine if you liked children. According to the place I read this(wish I had the source), there aren't many legitimate options even if they do seek help. The medications are few and often ineffective. I imagine it would be easy for anyone to be afraid of speaking about it, so they bottle it up and hope it goes away, but after 20 years that bottle breaks for some people.

It's funny how often I try to convince people of this point simply because they succumb to blind anger when even the word pedophile is mentioned. I've nearly had my ass kicked for daring to mention that there is more than one side to this whole issue to a family member. I'm pretty sure there are two or three people who have me on ignore for saying it in a thread during Phoenix's early days. I lost a friend through FA for trying to ask her to re-think her frothing "kill all pedos" view.

So I am genuinely curious as to how this will go down with someone else saying it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FlynnCoyote said:

It's funny how often I try to convince people of this point simply because they succumb to blind anger when even the word pedophile is mentioned. I've nearly had my ass kicked for daring to mention that there is more than one side to this whole issue to a family member. I'm pretty sure there are two or three people who have me on ignore for saying it in a thread during Phoenix's early days. I lost a friend through FA for trying to ask her to re-think her frothing "kill all pedos" view.

So I am genuinely curious as to how this will go down with someone else saying it.

The matter is further complicated by ideas such as the 'vampire hypothesis'. Some researchers think that they have evidence which demonstrates that victims of child sexual abuse are more likely to develop into paedophiles themselves.

It reminds me of a legal case in which a murderer had their sentence reduced because the defense demonstrated their possession of an active version of the 'warrior gene', which is a gene that lies dormant in most of its carriers, but which predisposes people to uncontrolled violent outbursts if it is activated by a violent childhood experience.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_A#Legal_implications

43 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

https://gyazo.com/ab89b7b0eb14d03722b4b27633338b61

Yea. Uhm, now I don't doubt some people might follow the giant mascot,

but most kids, at least from what I've seen, would either be damn terrified of the dude's costume or just suspicious of him in general.

Preeeeeetty fucked up though, regardless of whatever fandom involvement there is.

Considering it was a relative, I can't imagine he would have needed to wear a fur suit to lure him in.

• Like 2

So it turns out someone who's friends with the guy put up a crowdfunding site to help pay with his legal fees.

I don't know how to feel about this. While I believe everyone accused should have access to a decent lawyer (and don't get me started on how shitty public defenders are), it's a bit odd how all of his friends are going on and on about how innocent the guy is. How the victim is 12 and has mental problems and is troubled and been in and out of juvvie.

I don't know the guy, and I don't know his guilt. Could be innocent, could be a creeper. I'd refuse to just line up behind him and start white knighting him without knowing the full truth. I'd rather take an objective stance on it and let the system figure it out.

I'm actually considering going to hang out with some people who know him this weekend. I think he's out on bail, if he decides to show up it would be awkward. Sounds like he's not out on bail yet.

18 hours ago, Toshabi said:

Is this Tony Hawk because I loved exploiting bugs in those games.

I've run into him and his mate from some meets in Michigan. Both seemed pleasant enough in passing; don't know either very well. 

I have expressed my sympathies to the mate, because this is an incredibly shitty and upsetting thing to have to go through.

I'm reserving judgment for the time being, especially since there have been whispers about irregularities or funny business with CPS. I hope he receives a competent lawyer and a fair trial, so that the facts can ultimately come to light, whatever they may be.

It is disgusting that Mlive posted his personal information, and skeevy (but not unexpected) that they chose to werk dat furry angle.

Also, what Sylver said.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rhíulchabán said:

Always sad to see people explode over the whole furry thing and forget about the victims in these cases...

That's exactly what I was thinking. This same shit happened a while back with the triple murder thing. Nobody gave a shit that people were dead, they just cared about "muh furry image".