Leaf peeping

Saxon

14 minutes ago, Moogle said:

Southern Ontario. I'm kinda in the same boat with DrGravitas (I keep wanting to call you DrGravy.. RAH~) as far as trees go. The leaves don't seem to turn all at the same time around here. 

Haha, you wouldn't be the first. xD It's one on my favorite nicknames, anyhow, so feel free

20161020_123305.jpgNot the best quality photo due to low lighting and a mobile camera but I wanted to share how orange, brown and green Finland looks like right now. The shot is taken from a nearby hiking trail and in retrospect, I wish I had taken pictures other than leaves on the ground

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I apologise that I failed to keep this thread updated, due to absence. The trees in Oxford are now bare, but further south in Hampshire the oak trees are still brown.

brown_oaks.png

did yall know, oak trees need to be at least 50 years old before theyll produce acorns?

There are many types of Oak, so I don't know whether this applies to all of them. I do observe that the English oaks (Quercus robur) produce very large crops of acorns on alternate years.

It is often said of the English oak that it takes '300 years to grow, 300 years to live and 300 years to die'.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...