how many alt sona's is "normal"?

Caledonian

how many sona's and altsonas do you think a person can make before pushing the limits? even if sona is indeed seen as different from just a furry character.

because, right now I have three, and i think of making one more...

I have
Dalzell, the blackface sheep (Laird Dalzell Caledon Wynde-Shiere. art by the amazing @AyGee)

6face5a463e3e07d43f8a15dbd5179de.jpg

Neasor, the eh....loch ness monster (art by the awesome @SkyboundTerror)

60147c0dae799006171aaae0d0323788.jpg

Wanderlust, the kangaroo (art by the great @Proper noun)

Kangaroo stares angerly at tapir while it laughs.png

I'm pretty sure it's not normal to have any amount of fursonas :V

Just do whatever ya want and don't worry about it. Last I checked the fandom was all about creative expression and there's no furry handbook that states the maximum number of furso...nae allowed to each furry as far as I know :P

• Like 7

If infinite universe of ideas counts, as in a thing exists before it is invented or discovered or even imagined, then I got infinite number of 'sonas, waiting to be adopted, imagined and named. I know it sounds abstract but once you figure it out, top this

Philosophy aside, I just create and use whatever 'Sona I feel like for the situation. I don't have any bounds for a particular person so you who have bounds to someone, feel free to have as many as you want. You could even create an army of yous and know every single one of them and it'd completely normal in a fandom which adores imaginary (furry)  fantasy people/creatures anyway

i don't really think of gator as a sona so much as a self-portrait, so i have rastus for things that toe the line between "literal self" and "OC", but i guess technically i have 2.  and i have indeed considered making more, but i am wary of going down that dark path again.  on avatar sites and chatrooms back in the day (when i actually enjoyed being on the internet), i would always have multiple accounts (i think the most i had on one site was over 50), and even ascribe slightly different personalities to each of them. granted, that was partly because those sites didn't let you change usernames and partly because i was big into RPing... but either way, the more the merrier.  your whole personality may fit into one individual, but it's kinda fun to break off little pieces and see what they cultivate. 

our name is legion, for we are many.

Well I have five, but four of them are just variations of the original for use in different tropes really. Rather than just continually alter the original, I came up with four variants to cover Macro and Micro, Rule 63, Gore, Submission and one for more provocative artwork if I ever actually get to doing that.

I usually only use one of these five when I want to depict myself in some interaction with another person's sonas, since for more generic arts I have a slew of other characters I can toss into nearly any situation.

I only have one in terms of fursonas, but I also have a recurring human general/commander that I use in many games, settings, and stories; he remains consistent in look and personality between very different settings, so I guess he is basically another sona of sorts... I'll probably even end up make a furry version of him at some point, none of my characters are safe from the taint of furry degeneracy...

• Like 1

I have lots of characters, but only one fursona. His appearance is subject to change, but he remains a fanciful representation of myself. If I had the time and the money, I might even cosplay some of my characters, but they wouldn't be "me" in the same way that my fursona is.

That being said, there isn't an arbitrary limit on the number of fursonas one should have. The best number is whatever number works for you.

I  don't think most furries have more than one alt, let alone 2+ fursonas. Though, having more than one OC, or multiple  isn't unheard of.

I have about six sonas - 3 salamanders, 1 lab mouse, 1 otter and 1 seal. If I was to add anything prior to becoming a furry, there would be a dove, hummingbird and a silver phoenix. One of the salamanders has 10 different versions/forms and I never intend to get art for last 4 forms.

You would think I'd have an owl sona, but I just like owls.