Failures Thread

Endless/Nameless

11 hours ago, Terminal7 said:

Fair enough.

Sounds like a private matter...

It's not at all that it's a private matter. I'd be open to talk about it with most people that cared. 
The issue is that i have no respect for Mr. Fox, and the way he went about asking me was tactless and insensitive. I just have no interest in sharing anything with a person of his attitude and social understanding.

That, and I was in a bad mood :v

3 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

It's not at all that it's a private matter. I'd be open to talk about it with most people that cared. 
The issue is that i have no respect for Mr. Fox, and the way he went about asking me was tactless and insensitive. I just have no interest in sharing anything with a person of his attitude and social understanding.

If you want other people to treat you with sensitivity and tact, then you should at least try to meet those criteria yourself. :\

• Like 1

Just now, Saxon said:

If you want other people to treat you sensitively and with tact, then you should at least try to meet those criteria yourself. :\

The thing is, I didn't ask nor want people to treat me any specific way.

Expectations are a bit silly, aren't they?

7 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

The thing is, I didn't ask nor want people to treat me any specific way.

Expectations are a bit silly, aren't they?

You clearly want people to treat you with 'sensitivity', otherwise you wouldn't explode at people for not being sensitive enough, but I digress, yelling 'fuck off' at people for bothering to inquire about your problems will not illicit the delicate treatment you feel you're entitled to.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

That's simply the way he types. It can get confusing at times. What matters in this situation is he bothered to ask. Nothing wrong with that right?

I know emotions can skew your view on things and often is justified - can't criticize that. Though, there's nothing to get out of making relationships worse.

20 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

My failure, trying to talk logic to people on the dog training Reddits

brick wall.

I overheard somebody at dinner a while ago talking about how they taught their dog a lesson by rubbing poo into its nose.

like...Jesus friggin' Christ, some people.

12 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I overheard somebody at dinner a while ago talking about how they taught their dog a lesson by rubbing poo into its nose.

like...Jesus friggin' Christ, some people.

That's a very outdated, cruel method of housebreaking a dog

ive seen people suggest hanging a dog by its leash over a tree limb as well

in fact, a book I own actually suggests strangling your dog until it collapses and pukes.

https://www.amazon.com/Effective-Authoritative-Selecting-Maintaining-Protection/dp/0876055528

Just now, Gamedog said:

in fact, a book I own actually suggests strangling your dog until it collapses and pukes.

https://www.amazon.com/Effective-Authoritative-Selecting-Maintaining-Protection/dp/0876055528

I was about to ask why people would even want to own an animal if they thought they had to treat it so badly, but then I realised there're depraved people out there who would enjoy that sort of thing. :\

48 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I was about to ask why people would even want to own an animal if they thought they had to treat it so badly, but then I realised there're depraved people out there who would enjoy that sort of thing. :\

No, it's just an old fashioned way of tortu--I mean training your dog.

It's based on the "alpha" theory of training, which has been disproved time and time again, but for some reason continues to survive through people like Brad Pattison and Cesar Milan.

rubbig the dogs nose in its shit/piss, hanging a dog over a tree limb, lifting the dog up by its choke chain to make it sit, jabbing, kneeing, alpha-rolling, scruffing and shaking, grabbing the dog by the mouth, hitting it with a newspaper, flicking it in the face, vinegar or lemon juice in a spray bottle, these are all old fashioned methods of "dog training".

through people like John Bradshaw and Dr. Sophia Yin, a new trend of positive reinforcement is becoming increasingly commonly practiced and accepted.

The review by Kirsty Watkins goes over a few of the old fashioned techniques shown in this book. In the old days, it wasn't recommended that you begin training a dog at all until he was at least a couple months old (5 months or so), because it was believed that you would "break his spirit" if you did it any sooner.. No fucking surprise, look at the things they used to do!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/0876055528/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_hist_1?ie=UTF8&s=sd&sortBy=sd&filterByStar=one_star&pageNumber=1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gamedog said:

" I've had German Sheperds, Rottweilers, Pit Bulls and Filas.Some of the methods aren't pleasant; training soldiers for combat isn't usually a pleasant process, either. But the point of effective training isn't the trainer's assuaging his or her Inner Child; it's about developing RELIABLE control over a potentially lethal animal."
"He advocates hitting the dog sharply on the muzzle if it turns on the trainer. Anyone who thinks that you can correct that kind of misplaced aggression with hugs, treats and "bad-doggies" should reconsider owning a large breed"
" If you just want to train your dog by using proven, conditioning techniques, then this is the book for you."

Oh gee, that makes you wonder why people label big breeds as overly-aggressive.

• Like 1

I feel like I failed to make any close friends here, and sorta sad/invisible. Guess that could change, and some furs have been really encouraging, Gravitas, Saxon, Enigma, to name a few. Yet a lot of the time, I feel like I'm off on some fringe, here, and not really 'part' of things. I get that feeling a lot in life, though, a sort of 'outsider' syndrome. And yet, I'm very sociable. Maybe it's that there's not too many new members here, and that most furs here seem to already know each other from way back, so it makes it harder 'cause people don't need new friends, so much: which I can understand. This isn't meant to be a 'bawwwww, I'm gonna leave!' confession, just, that I feel lonely here often, and yet, there also don't seem to be any really active furry forums remaining. It's weird, but the hardest thing for me as a furry, has been feeling a part of whatever the furry 'community' is, and finding furry friends, to share things with. (The no car/not being able to get to meets is hard, too) I did meet a very nice fox I have been chatting with endless hours, though, who lives pretty close...so there is that, to help keep my social needs afloat, furry-wise.

Does anyone else feel similarly isolated?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I feel like I failed to make any close friends here, and sorta sad/invisible. Guess that could change, and some furs have been really encouraging, Gravitas, Saxon, Enigma, to name a few. Yet a lot of the time, I feel like I'm off on some fringe, here, and not really 'part' of things. I get that feeling a lot in life, though, a sort of 'outsider' syndrome. And yet, I'm very sociable. Maybe it's that there's not too many new members here, and that most furs here seem to already know each other from way back, so it makes it harder 'cause people don't need new friends, so much: which I can understand. This isn't meant to be a 'bawwwww, I'm gonna leave!' confession, just, that I feel lonely here often, and yet, there also don't seem to be any really active furry forums remaining. It's weird, but the hardest thing for me as a furry, has been feeling a part of whatever the furry 'community' is, and finding furry friends, to share things with. (The no car/not being able to get to meets is hard, too) I did meet a very nice fox I have been chatting with endless hours, though, who lives pretty close...so there is that, to help keep my social needs afloat, furry-wise.

I have only made two friends (that I still talk to) in all the years of me posting on internet forums.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I did not come from original FAF forums and sometimes this is exactly how I sometimes feel. I guess you just need to meet and mingle on a more personal level. Starting up PMs and joining Discord convos could help

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cannakitty said:

I have only made two friends (that I still talk to) in all the years of me posting on internet forums.

Yeah, I have just about the same number I keep in touch with, from over the years: One in NC, another in Finland. I guess I got into the fandom in about 2008. Most furs I met on a site called Furry to Furry, long gone, 'cause it was also a forum where ya could be naughty, and there was a ton of creativity, there. Had some amazing RPs, the sorts with good storylines, and with lots of good writers...was fun, and I miss that. 

23 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

I did not come from original FAF forums and sometimes this is exactly how I sometimes feel. I guess you just need to meet and mingle on a more personal level. Starting up PMs and joining Discord convos could help

Same here; I did post there (very) briefly, but found it a pretty mean/nasty place, so I was never really a part of it. I need to try the Discord things...I had the links, but I inadvertently deleted them from my PM box on PM box cleaning day...will have to re-request 'em. Would you say the chats are friendly, or have less negativity, overall, than the forums? Also, I should send some PMs to a few furs here, definitely. Thanks for reminding me of that!

Also, I noted nobody puts down any profile information here. I seem to be the only one who filled it out. Am I just missing something, or do 99.9% of members just not have anything to say about themselves? I always find it handy, in terms of finding furs with similar interests, and just fun to browse.

I question if I'm a failure at times - that I've come all this way to fall. Maybe that's what I have to do: be a stepping stone for the young ones. 

I was supposed to spark jealousy into my cousins' eyes, get them moving into the right direction by hate of me. I've lost that passion to move forward and I want to crawl back home, be pampered and loved.

Not too long ago, I wanted to hang myself for all that I've done, the oppurtunities I was given and wasted and the people that I've used and scarred. That would have been my 4th attempt, but even death didn't matter to me anymore. To fix those errors before I die would be a blessing, but I know I can't stop moving forward in time and events only come and go. I'm stuck with nothing but my soul : my conscience. 

Just know I'll still be an F, no matter how great I might ever seem.

4 hours ago, Silo said:

I question if I'm a failure at times - that I've come all this way to fall. Maybe that's what I have to do: be a stepping stone for the young ones. 

I was supposed to spark jealousy into my cousins' eyes, get them moving into the right direction by hate of me. I've lost that passion to move forward and I want to crawl back home, be pampered and loved.

Not too long ago, I wanted to hang myself for all that I've done, the oppurtunities I was given and wasted and the people that I've used and scarred. That would have been my 4th attempt, but even death didn't matter to me anymore. To fix those errors before I die would be a blessing, but I know I can't stop moving forward in time and events only come and go. I'm stuck with nothing but my soul : my conscience. 

Just know I'll still be an F, no matter how great I might ever seem.

I am surprised that a very new member with only two posts had decided to confess their innermost feelings...

Your description of your situation is a bit too cryptic for me to offer any useful advice, but you know, I hope you at least find some enjoyment from life.

22 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I am surprised that a very new member with only two posts had decided to confess their innermost feelings...

Your description of your situation is a bit too cryptic for me to offer any useful advice, but you know, I hope you at least find some enjoyment from life.

@Fossa-Boy (I can't remove this for some reason)

Fallow, I'm not as distant as you think I am. However, don't worry about me much, this side of me needs to breathe more often (as terrible as it is). I'm just venting. Just as I did before I split.

5 hours ago, Silo said:

I question if I'm a failure at times - that I've come all this way to fall. Maybe that's what I have to do: be a stepping stone for the young ones

Isn't that the whole point of life? To pave the present for the future generations while trying to enjoy doing that? At least from evolutionary perspective

There's nothing wrong with that  IMO. There's always someone who appreciates what you have done and they don't judge you based on what you could have done

4 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

Isn't that the whole point of life? To pave the present for the future generations while trying to enjoy doing that? At least from evolutionary perspective

I doubt the man thinks there's any point to life. Just actions and consequences. 

Though, who knows if he wants children of any kind. What if he doesn't?

On 10/13/2016 at 0:48 PM, Silo said:

Not too long ago, I wanted to hang myself for all that I've done, the oppurtunities I was given and wasted

This one hits home hard for me. I could've done something with myself but I spit in the face of those opportunities all throughout my life. So here I am withering away, stuck in the same spot I was a decade ago and watching as the rest of the world moves on without me.

On 10/12/2016 at 7:54 PM, Fossa-Boy said:

Yes, and not just here. I simply don't belong anywhere.

34 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

This one hits home hard for me. I could've done something with myself but I spit in the face of those opportunities all throughout my life. So here I am withering away, stuck in the same spot I was a decade ago and watching as the rest of the world moves on without me.

Yes, and not just here. I simply don't belong anywhere.

Nobody fits in here. 

Therefore we all fit in here. 

*hug*

Pls bring your avatar back. 

• Like 3

I failed to fix my sleep schedule; I got up at noon but felt so tired and weak I ended up going back to bed at some point until 7pm. 

I failed to eat properly; I felt too sickly and unambitous to gather anything until 9pm and then it was just junk from the gas station. 

I failed to message a friend when I should have; it was selfish of me. 

Ah well. It wasn't a total waste of a day but it wasn't encouraging either. 

I fail at drawing plantigrade (human like) feet, which is annoying as I am drawing my character with the correct feet for the first time. At this rate I may just keep drawing Frensel with digitigrade feet like I have done before just because they are easier to draw.

I am certain musteilds can move with their feet in both ways (depending on the situation) which just adds to the confusion.

On 10/9/2016 at 1:17 PM, Saxon said:

That is surprising. I would have imagined it would be a requirement for graduation.

If that was the case I would have failed high school, and that would have been sad.

...and on that note of failure my failure to understand basic math, essentially passing college algebra was a challenge for me which I failed, it was a requirement in general biology so I ultimately decided I was too much of a failure to be a scientist if I couldnt pass basic higher level algebra, which doesnt even touch trigonometry or calculus at all 

Doing a sucky job at keeping to my short story request deadline of "at least one week". I've gone 3 days over my deadline and while I'm nearly finished it, I'm not happy its taken so long. Mind's been very cloudy lately, can't think straight. Hopefully by next person in line in my queue, my mind will be clearer

4 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

I ended up exhausted for no apparent reason and slept through the entire evening instead of being there for a friend and now I feel like a heel :c

You can't be there for everyone all the time. I've learned that you can't save everyone, and them just knowing you care can go a long way.

Don't beat yourself up. You're a great guy who cares so much about others.