2017 looks like a Golden Age of video games

TrishaCat

On 11/3/2016 at 5:39 AM, LadyRadarEars said:

Civ 6 disappoints me and it isn't even released yet. All of these leaders who I had to google, for the ones that are relevant, because outside of one or two they were all footnotes. Individuals who, yes, did great things, but unless you're trying to educate people they pale in comparison to almost every other notable choice. And Kongo? Really?!
A vassal state of Portugal that didn't even give them any token resistance! Where's my Zulu hordes, where's my Ethiopia, with its crusaders and resistance against every muslim caliphate, I mean fuck it even fought during world war 2 for a little bit, against Italy.

At least pick the interesting countries of Africa, christ. Kongo's only interesting in Europa Universalis, where you can splooge-paint yourself across the entire globe if you get colonialism first, and where being able to do that is actually a challenge, rather than Civ, where you basically start at parity most of the time.

Props for Scythia (one of the first steppe hordes) and Sumeria though, they might actually be interesting.

Also the Montezuma of Civ 5 was better looking.

although it did make me laugh that the leader of france in civ 6 is italian

i'm excited for Paradox's Tyranny, though

Wow holy shit, I think I'm in love. History-talk makes me swoon >_>

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sourdough said:

Wow holy shit, I think I'm in love. History-talk makes me swoon >_>

Unfortunately I'm not as knowledgeable in the really esoteric, kinky stuff like the toltecs and their influence on mesoamerica or the finer points of East-Asian history prior to world-war 1, I'm only versed in vanilla, missionary Roman and Western history :<

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LadyRadarEars said:

Unfortunately I'm not as knowledgeable in the really esoteric, kinky stuff like the toltecs and their influence on mesoamerica or the finer points of East-Asian history prior to world-war 1, I'm only versed in vanilla, missionary Roman and Western history :<

The kind my Eurocentric schooling approves of <3

Maybe when we're feeling frisky we could go to the library and check out a book on the Indus Valley ;3

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sourdough said:

The kind my Eurocentric schooling approves of <3

Maybe when we're feeling frisky we could go to the library and check out a book on the Indus Valley ;3

Stop if we go any further the thread will get moved to the Red Lantern D:

especially if we start getting into recreating of sumerian music that's happening nowadays

l-lewd

• Like 2

Mary Skelter is apparently something else I can look forward to

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/mary-skelter-nightmares-coming-west-summer-2017

The music, art direction, and gameplay all look REALLY up my alley.

On 11/5/2016 at 5:25 PM, Imperial Impact said:

*outfits.

Since she's going to get more than anyone else in the game.

Hell, This game is gonna be DQ8: Jessica: The game 3DS

I was more talking about how her clothing is not as skimpy as it was in the PS2 version. Or was that news false or misleading? I didn't ever get very far in my old copy of DQ8.

On 11/11/2016 at 8:43 PM, Hewge said:

Dawn of War 3 and release version of Subnautica are what I'll be playing most of next year. So many hours to be sunk...

I saw the gameplay and trailers, and while I am disappointed there are only three races.... it looks amazing. Full scale type dawn of war with the new hero units and stuff.

Much hype.

8 hours ago, Johanna Waya said:

I saw the gameplay and trailers, and while I am disappointed there are only three races.... it looks amazing. Full scale type dawn of war with the new hero units and stuff.

Much hype.

Better to have 3 unique, in-depth and balanced races over 9 broken ones. Starcraft does it well.

Also, I'm pretty sure they'll introduce the other races over time anyways + + +

49 minutes ago, Hewge said:

Better to have 3 unique, in-depth and balanced races over 9 broken ones. Starcraft does it well.

Also, I'm pretty sure they'll introduce the other races over time anyways + + +

Yeah, just... man I loved dark crusade's base building and I look forward to this new game more than I have in a super long time.

• 2 weeks later...