Collaborative drawing server

Kurin

Hi everyone!  I've set up a collaborative drawing server for the community, called Drawpile.  Think of it something like how collaborative google docs works, but for drawing.  It supports pen pressure, multiple layers and lets you interact with other users' art.

Drawpile itself is available here: http://drawpile.net/download/ and is compatible with many operating systems, and is in constant development, so look forward to improvements in the near future!

The server itself is maintained by me and will be updated whenever drawpile is updated.  I'm working with callaa, the developer of Drawpile, to improve the server for use as I'd like it.  As such, I have had to implement a few rules to keep the server sane and usable.  The rules can be seen here:  https://goo.gl/Mu2kzP

The server is available 24/7, with a small chance of downtime from time to time while I maintain the board at random throughout the day to keep it usable.  To connect, open up Drawpile, go to Session, and under Host Address, put    unciastudios.com  and pick a username.  You'll be presented with a list of 4 boards: General, Moderate, Adult and Explicit, which are explained in the rules above.  Over the course of the day, the boards' replay queue will fill up and it may take some time for your client to work through this queue.  This is normal and I will be doing my best to keep the replay queue to a minimum throughout the day.  If for any reason any of the boards are inaccessible, please let me know here, or by any of my contacts, which are available through my signature or profile.

The server will reset automatically at 6:00 AM GMT.  You can check to see how many are connected to each board here: http://unciastudios.com/furpile/

Have fun, and happy drawing!

Edited by Kurin
Updated Info
  • Like 1

I might hang around in the General or Moderate boards.
(Also, I think this thread could be stickied, this seems like a cool thing for everyone to get in on)

Agreed*

Edited by Nolow
Testing to see if I can edit something 12 hours old now

• Zeke pinned this topic

Server's currently getting some maintenance (setting up automatic restart with notices and such).  Currently will restart at midnight PST and give restart notification at 30 minutes, 10 minutes, 1 minute, and 10 seconds.  This is in an effort to keep the board clean and the load-times low.

• Like 1

• Vae unpinned this topic