Rave: Nothing offends me and that makes me better than you.

Zaraphayx

Just a short list of reasons explaining why I'm right because I don't feel like writing a big dumb essay.

1.) I can be a massive jerk all the time and never betray my internal consistency.

2.) I can laugh at more things than you, an infinitely larger portion of the universe amuses me than it does you which makes me happier than you.

3.) I never have to worry about someone else's stupid opinions ruining my day.

4.) I am a master of the third position, and am unbound by the mundane scruples that bind the common man in chains of his own creation.

5.) Because I am emotionally unshakable, others respect my ability to maintain my composure in stressful situations.

6.) I always assume the active role in any interaction; I shape the world, not the other way around.

7.) I'm gay.

• Like 17

13 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

5.) Because I am emotionally unshakable, others respect my ability to maintain my composure in stressful situations.

Just want you to know I went out and performed a concert in dress clothes, and did an orchestra concert in a suit recently.

I didn't wear a belt once. c:

• Like 2

Just now, evan said:

Just want you to know I went out and performed a concert in dress clothes, and did an orchestra concert in a suit recently.

I didn't wear a belt once. c:

I bet you looked dumb, how unfurrtunate fur you.

6 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Gay

Yes.

7 minutes ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

880.gif

nicememe.gif

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

Just a short list of reasons explaining why I'm right because I don't feel like writing a big dumb essay.

1.) I can be a massive jerk all the time and never betray my internal consistency.

2.) I can laugh at more things than you, an infinitely larger portion of the universe amuses me than it does you which makes me happier than you.

3.) I never have to worry about someone else's stupid opinions ruining my day.

4.) I am a master of the third position, and am unbound by the mundane scruples that bind the common man in chains of his own creation.

6.) I always assume the active role in any interaction; I shape the world, not the other way around.

7.) I'm gay.

good shit op

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

I bet you looked dumb, how unfurrtunate fur you.

You revealed my trap card!

...nobody tries to dress better than semiformal at a modern music conference!

i fit right in. think about that. i fit right in by not wearing a belt. 

i BELT you feel dumb.

• Like 3

Just now, evan said:

You revealed my trap card!

...nobody tries to dress better than semiformal at a modern music conference!

i fit right in. think about that. i fit right in by not wearing a belt. 

i BELT you feel dumb.

I agree if everyone is dressed exactly the same you never look embarrassing.

fedoraclub.jpg

• Like 7

This is false. You simply hide what's personally important to you from the online community to avoid exposing vulnerabilities. Any claim that you have never felt slighted in your life is a lie, you simply use the mask of the internet to hide it from the rest of us, a talent some of us do not wear as well, but a mask nonetheless.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FlynnCoyote said:

This is false. You simply hide what's personally important to you from the online community to avoid exposing vulnerabilities. Any claim that you have never felt slighted in your life is a lie, you simply use the mask of the internet to hide it from the rest of us, a talent some of us do not wear as well, but a mask nonetheless.

You've got me all figured out, Doctor Armchair, Psy.Dork.

I prostrate myself in deference to your incisive Forerian analysis.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lemon said:

If you ever take zara seriously you are weak and natural selection is coming for you

If I ever took Zara seriously, we'd have clashed far more than we have. I'd probably swear more too.

2 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

You might be the first psychologist I've ever met who had to google the word "help".

Did you get your degree at DeVry?

What's a degree?

If I ever took Zara seriously, we'd have clashed far more than we have. I'd probably swear more too.

I'm glad that your foolish assertion that I am not actually perfect was just a joke and we are both in agreement that I'm right.

What's a degree?

La bolsa de plástico, por favor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sylver said:

Warning: serious post (sue me)

On the topic of offensive/hurtful verbal comments, I'm interesting in knowing what other people's experiences are. In particular, why people use the word 'hurt' when describing how a comment affected them.

Personally, I've felt frustrated and/or slightly irritated by a verbal remark(s), but never 'hurt'. My pride has been knocked down a notch, but why do some people say that it 'hurt' their pride? I associate the word 'hurt' with physical pain, but I'm confused as to why people use the word to describe how a comment affected them. It's like saying you tore a piece of paper when you merely crumpled it. The word doesn't seem applicable...

Is the word 'hurt' just used that way, or do people actually feel hurt by certain remarks?

It 'hurt' me to 'like' this nerd essay, but I am compelled by powers beyond my comprehension to encourage all who would post in my threads.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sylver said:

I associate the word 'hurt' with physical pain, but I'm confused as to why people use the word to describe how a comment affected them. It's like saying you tore a piece of paper when you merely crumpled it. The word doesn't seem applicable...

Because when it affects them personally in a negative way, it becomes associated with pain I guess. Like how feelings get hurt, pride and ego can be hurt too.

7 minutes ago, Sylver said:

Warning: serious post (sue me)

On the topic of offensive/hurtful verbal comments, I'm interesting in knowing what other people's experiences are. In particular, why people use the word 'hurt' when describing how a comment affected them.

Personally, I've felt frustrated and/or slightly irritated by a verbal remark(s), but never 'hurt'. My pride has been knocked down a notch, but why do some people say that it 'hurt' their pride? I associate the word 'hurt' with physical pain, but I'm confused as to why people use the word to describe how a comment affected them. It's like saying you tore a piece of paper when you merely crumpled it. The word doesn't seem applicable...

Is the word 'hurt' just used that way, or do people actually feel hurt by certain remarks?

It has another use to refer to mental pain. I guess it makes sense, because I can't think of many other terms to describe somebody inflicting actions that negatively alter your mood or self-esteem.

• Like 1