General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

As one of the three local team leads, I have been chosen by The Bureaucrat to undergo Internal Auditor training. With it, I'll be able to go to other teams in the company and audit them to make sure they're following process. Joy.

Actually, it could be kind of fun to watch people scramble to get things together when I show up to audit >:3c

I wasn't aware your company employed super villains.

To be honest it's probably easier than doing the work yourself.

2 hours ago, XoPachi said:

Someone who used to harass and beat me and a friend in my old neighborhood from 2003-2009 got arrested today.

You can tell he's happy because he got not one, not two, but three reaction gifs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I wasn't aware your company employed super villains.

To be honest it's probably easier than doing the work yourself.

Hehe, I have my little monikers for anybody worth specifically mentioning at The Company :D

Oh, and I don't call him The Bureaucrat because he handles the bureaucracy for us. Heh, quite the opposite in fact...

• Like 1

Wow, really.

This artist I watch identifies as male online but I have been suspicious for a while they were bio-female... and now I am in their stream and they have a female voice.

Yet I can't get the balls to ask if they're trans or gender fluid, or just someone who has a male fursona, because I don't want to be rude or out someone who may already be "out".

Geez man. Why can't I just ask?

1 minute ago, Crazy Lee said:

Wow, really.

This artist I watch identifies as male online but I have been suspicious for a while they were bio-female... and now I am in their stream and they have a female voice.

Yet I can't get the balls to ask if they're trans or gender fluid, or just someone who has a male fursona, because I don't want to be rude or out someone who may already be "out".

Does it really matter for anything, though?

If they already identify as male, just refer to them as male.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

Wow, really.

i would just refer to them as what they call themselves, until further notice.  that said, i don't think it's rude to ask as long as you aren't being judgmental about it.  maybe ask them in private if you're concerned about drawing attention.

6 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Morbidly curious.

I dunno. I'm usually of the mind and personal discretion that, if people wanna talk about their gender shit, they will without having to be asked about it.
Some people don't really like the idea of people questioning their gender, to begin with, because it can feel invalidating.

Also it shouldn't really matter unless you plan to bed them, anyway.

It's a bit like using handles on the internet. It's not really in proper form to go "Oh but Buttfuck Firetruck isn't your REAL name is it? What's your real name?"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

never do that :[

it can be devastating for some when their fears of not passing are verified

its hard enough for them as it is

• Like 2

10 hours ago, XoPachi said:

Ooooh if only I were rich. That thing is a beautiful beast.

The thing about technology is that generally, the rich people get to use the latest innovations and pinnacles of technology before they become affordable for less wealthy people. 

So unless you're willing to save up or have disposable income, you got to wait 😕

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snagged Cub said:

The thing about technology is that generally, the rich people get to use the latest innovations and pinnacles of technology before they become affordable for less wealthy people. 

So unless you're willing to save up or have disposable income, you got to wait 😕

Yep, don't remind me! I'm so far behind in the computer-phone-game world, it's getting pretty sad. But damn, all this stuff costs so much! That, and rising rent, and stagnate wages...I need a new computer bad...my old one must be 10+ years old??? Maybe I can get something used for like $200, even, that would feel like a big step up.

4 hours ago, Snagged Cub said:

This is true, but we can take comfort in knowing that the products they get to experience are generally less refined and often include gimmicky features that are scrapped later on.

By waiting, we will often get a better product for cheaper, and avoid debacles like the Note 7 fiasco.

• Like 2

Oh goodie, World of Tanks Blitz is adding in consolation prizes ("valiant effort" awards), meaning if I get teamed with uncoordinated fucking BRA7-1L mouth breathers (like usual) and get blown the fuck out I still at least have a chance of getting XP and coins.

42 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

Oh goodie, World of Tanks Blitz is adding in consolation prizes ("valiant effort" awards), meaning if I get teamed with uncoordinated fucking BRA7-1L mouth breathers (like usual) and get blown the fuck out I still at least have a chance of getting XP and coins.

I actually tried playing WoT once back innnnn 2013, I think. I got completely bodied. There was a time I was trying to play a lot of FTP vehicle combat games like War Thunder. Makes me wonder if Star Conflict is still played. Rather liked that one.

17 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I actually tried playing WoT once back innnnn 2013, I think. I got completely bodied. There was a time I was trying to play a lot of FTP vehicle combat games like War Thunder. Makes me wonder if Star Conflict is still played. Rather liked that one.

Yeah it's pretty damn technical. If you try to play it like COWADOODY and roll in solo with guns blazing you're gonna get your shit pushed in.

I've been on a glitch binge as of tonight. Glitches in video games have interested me for years and years, and I have no clue why. I especially love the glitches in the Spyro series. I've discovered a few glitches on my own in Spyro: A Hero's Tail. Does this sort of thing interest anybody else, or is it just me?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I've been on a glitch binge as of tonight. Glitches in video games have interested me for years and years, and I have no clue why. I especially love the glitches in the Spyro series. I've discovered a few glitches on my own in Spyro: A Hero's Tail. Does this sort of thing interest anybody else, or is it just me?

Hi hello I am also a massive nerd, it's great. Fair play to you for finding you own glitches! I mostly try to recreate the ones that interest me when I have the time.

• Like 1

Just now, Sourdough said:

Hi hello I am also a massive nerd, it's great. Fair play to you for finding you own glitches! I mostly try to recreate the ones that interest me when I have the time.

Thanks. It wasn't a serious glitch, but it was still cool to find. What I did was I used the swimming in the air glitch in the beach level, and I discovered that the big round bulb on top of the teleporter is not a solid object, so you can go inside of it. I also managed to run through part of the wall in the snow level near the boss level and go into the boss area on my own, but I dunno if that's already been discovered.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I like glitches too. I especially love it when you get graphical glitches.

• Like 2

Glitches are funny at first but then they're annoying because they either break immersion or blockade your current game objective

Yesterday for example, I was playing some Skyrim and I entered a glitched tavern that you or npcs can't get out of (my save is somewhat corrupt). Every single npcs that goes to tavern got stuck in there so the tavern was filled to the brim and was a perfect moment to test the effects of Fus Ro Dah, Dismay and Fire breath

Before loading a previous save (as is usual with Skyrim tradition), I could walk through one particular wall in that glitched tavern and ended up outside the tavern into an empty skyworld . Out there were three chests floating around, one of them was titled "DO NOT DELETE". Naturally, I looted it, the chest disappeared and soon after, the game crashed to desktop. Oops. 

Anyway, because of "can't get out of tavern glitch" and after loading previous save, I had to use a console to progress a certain quest line so I may have borked my game even further 😡

Just now, Kosha said:

I like the latter, because they remind me of Eldritch Abominations.

That reminds me. Once when I was really little, my sister and I were playing Spyro 3, and we got to one of the first cutscenes where Hunter gets tripped. I don't remember exactly what happened (I think my sister opened the disk tray), but the entire cutscene's graphics got all messed up. Everything was made up of a colorful static. After it was over, everything went back to normal as if nothing had ever happened.

• Like 2

Glitches are fun and I played with those a lot as a kid. We used to have this derpy army man game on PS1 and I used to run up walls and enter some spacey top world as that glitch, was hilariously fun.

Missingno. was a bit more intentional on my part but my quest to find and capture it was a perfect to strike off and say I did it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

hello yes I am a glitch fan

Literally half of my YouTube subscriptions are glitch abusers and I do try to do them myself too

• Like 4

• Vae pinned this topic