General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

16 minutes ago, Moogle said:

Just got done carving our pumpkin, this'll scare away the little munchkins! >;D

[Pumpkin]

Anyone got theirs done, or any superb decoration setups to share? :P 

That is actually pretty adorable.

I'm planning on carving out a neon blue pumpkin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Glitches are fun and I played with those a lot as a kid. We used to have this derpy army man game on PS1 and I used to run up walls and enter some spacey top world as that glitch, was hilariously fun.

Missingno. was a bit more intentional on my part but my quest to find and capture it was a perfect to strike off and say I did it

I like the other glitch Pokemon better, like 7H.

I got a free Commodore Vic-20 with nothing, not even a power supply or TV cables, a week or two ago, so I'm going to make a retro console out of it.  A Raspberry Pi 3B, power cord, heat sink kit, USB gamepad, and USB keyboard adapter, which cost less than the restoration parts I'd need short of getting a second Vic-20 system.  When the parts gets here, I'm going to try RetroPie on it.

Also, I came across an interesting computer case:

41lvkxgrTdL.jpg

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

I'll take all those possessions you don't want.

Hello eBay!

When I said ascetic, I may have ment abstinent... Like abstaining from short term pleasures that would be self-destructive in the long run. Sorta like giving all my junk to e-strangers. It'd probably be funny at first, but then I would miss all my precious toe nail clippings.

32 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Just finished watching "7 Years in Tibet" a simple lifestyle is really charming, you must try it  xD

What if China invades my house? I hope the Dalai Lama has room at his place.

Oh... wait... 

Damn it!

• Like 1

Sometimes, I feel like I know everything and nothing at the same time. More realistically, I know a little bit about everything and a lot about nothing. This bothers me. Do I really want to know everything? Do I even really know anything? I'm suspicious of anyone who purports to have all the answers. Even if that someone is myself.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xaende said:

Sometimes, I feel like I know everything and nothing at the same time. More realistically, I know a little bit about everything and a lot about nothing. This bothers me. Do I really want to know everything? Do I even really know anything? I'm suspicious of anyone who purports to have all the answers. Even if that someone is myself.

I dunno about you, but I think you can benefit from being slightly ignorant

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

I dunno about you, but I think you can benefit from being slightly ignorant

I'd tend to agree. Especially if we're talking about awareness of being ignorant. It helps keep you open to possibilities, and not become too prideful. Also, how will we learn new things if we stop looking for answers?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Xaende said:

I'd tend to agree. Especially if we're talking about awareness of being ignorant. It helps keep you open to possibilities, and not become too prideful. Also, how will we learn new things if we stop looking for answers?

You can't learn everything, the universe constantly changes so we can learn from it xD

Well shit, I'm glad I know a thing or two about computers.

Tablet got fucky and I had to do a factory reset. Then I found out I misplaced the paper with the WiFi key on it. Oops.

Then I remembered my laptop uses a wifi manager program, and I figured it has to store the profiles somewhere. After checking for actual files I decided to stick my head into the registry -- and sure enough, each profile was there, with the stored access keys too.

Sorry, you ain't rid of me just yet.

I called Sweden this morning. I hung up after the girl who answered refused to give me her meatball recipe. The second time a dude answered and didn't talk like the Swedish chef, so I hung up again.

0/10 shit country; would not call back again

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Glowing Glass said:

>Back to school

>First class of the day

>Friend sits next to me

>Leans closer

>Whispers into my ear

>"Did you wear your fursuit for Halloween?"

I don't even have a fursuit.

shoulda said maybe and winked

• Like 4

Having found that maplin sells the various electronic components I need for the stupid brush project I am certain they will only have them in the back room making it a PITA to check what I am buying.

That or they will be in a tiny shelf at the back of the shop floor given that most people go here to buy white goods, kitchen stuff, TVs and PC things rather than transistors and the like.

i don't know whether i'm excited or terrified that i'm way over my head in work but it's all relatively fulfilling

...until i decide my current emotion is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Like 5

4 hours ago, evan said:

i don't know whether i'm excited or terrified that i'm way over my head in work but it's all relatively fulfilling

...until i decide my current emotion is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No, no no! Higher! HIGHER! And work on that pitch control!

0329 ConductorGravitas PostB.png

• Like 5

So I may have met someone interesting, but she's one of our users and I'm not even sure if she's single. All I know is that she's cute, around my age, is a former band geek, and likes animals. Not that we talked about these things when we met. I only found out later, when I googled her name, but still.

In other news, this is my favorite Bork:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xaende said:

So I may have met someone interesting, but she's one of our users and I'm not even sure if she's single. All I know is that she's cute, around my age, is a former band geek, and likes animals. Not that we talked about these things when we met... I looked her up online... but stiill

I think it's only considered having met someone if you've spoken before

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MissFleece said:

I think it's only considered having met someone if you've spoken before

We met in person, but talked about other things. She seemed cool, so I did a quick search on her name... not the other way around. The idea being to find out if she's single (I still don't know the answer). I wouldn't have looked her up if we hadn't spoken beforehand. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

• Like 1

• Vae pinned this topic