General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

"The next morning, young Goodman Brown came slowly into the street of Salem village, staring around him like a bewildered man. The good old minister was taking a walk along the graveyard, to get an appetite for breakfast and meditate his sermon, and bestowed a blessing, as he passed, on Goodman Brown. He shrank from the venerable saint, as if to avoid an anathema. Old Deacon Gookin was at domestic worship, and the holy words of his prayer were heard through the open window. "What God doth the wizard pray to?" quoth Goodman Brown. Goody Cloyse, that excellent old Christian, stood in the early sunshine, at her own lattice, catechising a little girl, who had brought her a pint of morning's milk. Goodman Brown snatched away the child, as from the grasp of the fiend himself. Turning the corner by the meeting-house, he spied the head of Faith, with the pink ribbons, gazing anxiously forth, and bursting into such joy at sight of him, that she skipt along the street, and almost kissed her husband before the whole village. But Goodman Brown looked sternly and sadly into her face, and passed on without a greeting.

Had Goodman Brown fallen asleep in the forest, and only dreamed a wild dream of a witch-meeting?

Be it so, if you will. But, alas! it was a dream of evil omen for young Goodman Brown. A stern, a sad, a darkly meditative, a distrustful, if not a desperate man, did he become, from the night of that fearful dream. On the Sabbath-day, when the congregation were singing a holy psalm, he could not listen, because an anthem of sin rushed loudly upon his ear, and drowned all the blessed strain. When the minister spoke from the pulpit, with power and fervid eloquence, and with his hand on the open Bible, of the sacred truths of our religion, and of saint-like lives and triumphant deaths, and of future bliss or misery unutterable, then did Goodman Brown turn pale, dreading lest the roof should thunder down upon the gray blasphemer and his hearers. Often, awaking suddenly at midnight, he shrank from the bosom of Faith, and at morning or eventide, when the family knelt down at prayer, he scowled, and muttered to himself, and gazed sternly at his wife, and turned away. And when he had lived long, and was borne to his grave, a hoary corpse, followed by Faith, an aged woman, and children and grand-children, a goodly procession, besides neighbors, not a few, they carved no hopeful verse upon his tombstone; for his dying hour was gloom."

Nathaniel Hawthorne, then 1850s, and even more, now.

41 minutes ago, Hux said:

I don't know why the above post got so many likes.

That isn't a picture of me.

I'm taller, thinner, extra hamdsomer, and probably have a bigger dick than the guy in that picture.

#triggered

You lied, now face the consequences of being liked :v

14 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

You lied, now face the consequences of being liked :v

Now everyone thinks I'm fat and neck bearded! Now I may never be popufur!

I might post in the selfie thread to dispel the Dorito dust and Mountain Dew that have tainted my identity.

Those likes are like blood diamonds.

• Like 2

https://www.ucon-gaming.org/

Going to this this weekend (any grammar nazis around here know how I could have structured that sentence better, I hate having two "this"s one after another).

Gonna sit around in muggy rooms with a bunch of fat middle-aged men (and some women) while playing tabletop and having to deal with such reek that even using a plague doctor mask filled with ammonia wouldn't stop it.

Sounds like fun.

11 minutes ago, willow said:

wtf is a girl? 

Hi mom. This is Hux.

I think it's some sort of female ape or something.

I've heard stories of them since I was a young one, but never have I seen one of these mythical "girls".

Watch when you go outside at night or else one the females will catch you drag you away!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hux said:

Hi mom. This is Hux.

I think it's some sort of female ape or something.

I've heard stories of them since I was a young one, but never have I seen one of these mythical "girls".

Watch when you go outside at night or else one the females will catch you drag you away!

They sound terrifying 

better start carrying pepper spray :v 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, willow said:

Should I also wear my Mtn.Dew and Dorito cologne?

Yes! Just remember not to bathe for a few days as well and you're in the clear! No females will take and carry you away because they'll be gagging on your odor.

Good luck, my glorious gay mom-man.

• Like 1

Hmm. Trying to rip this encoded anime dvd, handbrake doesn't seem to work. Ugh.
(Disclosure: ripping for my own use only, am not sharing it and will delete once done using. Perfectly legal, Nothing to see here move along now).

4 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

I wish I was a guy.

If Pachi turns out to be female IRL my universe is shattered.

4 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

epic same

Read above.

2 hours ago, willow said:

wtf is a girl? 

There are no girls on this internet. Just men and FBI agents.

• Like 1

Tbh, if I turned into a girl I'd screw all my friends because if they turned into girls I'd expect them to reciprocate. Like, Joe is a girl today so he has sex with Hux. Tomorrow Hux is a girl so he is expected to reciprocate with Joe.

I say the weirdest shit, but I'm a fun person to talk to because you never know what weird shit I'll say next.

#HuxQuotes

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PurpleTail said:

This makes me wonder how many girls are there in this forum compared to boys?

Last time we did a "census" it was like, 10 girls 40 some odd boys. 5 or so who didn't care/was something else. Myself, Arial and Zeke are girls, Lucy is a girl, MissFleece.. Kinny Ashely.. probably a few others since we last took it. 

2 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Last time we did a "census" it was like, 10 girls 40 some odd boys. 5 or so who didn't care/was something else. Myself, Arial and Zeke are girls, Lucy is a girl, MissFleece.. Kinny Ashely.. probably a few others since we last took it. 

it bugs me how there's so many girls in the staff. This is men based community and it should be ruled solely by men

4 hours ago, PurpleTail said:

it bugs me how there's so many girls in the staff. This is men based community and it should be ruled solely by men

it bugs me you're a constant thorn in the mod's side, yet here we are. 

slammast.png

I really wish I gave a fuck about fighters. Because this game's style is nothing but cool. Overdone 80's/90's anime manliness. That name just screams action. Saturday Night Slam Masters. It is time for a backyard rumble. lmao.
And Tetsuo Hara did the art too? It doesn't get more macho than that. Wish I had a neck 3x the girth of my head like the burly meatheads in this perfect art.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

I really wish I gave a fuck about fighters. Because this game's style is nothing but cool. Overdone 80's/90's anime manliness. That name just screams action. Saturday Night Slam Masters. It is time for a backyard rumble. lmao.
And Tetsuo Hara did the art too? It doesn't get more macho than that. Wish I had a neck 3x the girth of my head like the burly meatheads in this perfect art.

I remember that this was an absolutely fantastic game.

• Vae pinned this topic