General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

I also want snow...lots of snow! This fall has been way, way too warm, it's kinda scary. Hopefully winter will be harsh, this year; it's fun to watch people in Baltimore freak out, having grown up in Michigan. Plus, if the University/library closes, I get a day off, and still get paid. So it could snow all winter, non-stop, and I'd be very, very happy...sledding, going to the cozy corner pubs, just having a very relaxed time, like you do, in a big city when it gets buried in snow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I also want snow...lots of snow! This fall has been way, way too warm, it's kinda scary. Hopefully winter will be harsh, this year; it's fun to watch people in Baltimore freak out, having grown up in Michigan. Plus, if the University/library closes, I get a day off, and still get paid. So it could snow all winter, non-stop, and I'd be very, very happy...sledding, going to the cozy corner pubs, just having a very relaxed time, like you do, in a big city when it gets buried in snow.

I've heard you get paid to live in Alaska. :V

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

I've heard you get paid to live in Alaska. :V

They also legalized many marijuanas.

Whole state is nothin but stoned mountain men and Injuns in the woods with some yuppies in the cities. They all get stoned and look at the Aurora Borealis all night. 

The state is also sparsely populated.

11/10 would move there if there were more furries.

Off-topic: I'm convinced the average YouTube commenter is clinically retarded.

Kinda disappointed in this Supermoon.

I knew it would only be about 10-15% bigger, but boy was it brighter. The sky was actually like a dark twilight blue. You could barely see many of the stars you could normally see.

However, I wanted pictures of it near the horizon, when it would look bigger and orange. But when it got near the horizon at moon-set or moon-rise there was always clouds in the way. Plus, moon-set was at 7-8am and I'm never awake that early.

I did get a few pics and might throw them up later.

19 hours ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Kinda can't wait for snow. It's pretty.

Yep, could not agree more When it's just cold and grey here in the winter with no snow, it's a lot gloomier: Snow brightens things up a ton. We get a lot of that horrible, damp, clammy weather here in the winter: Raining, but not quite cold enough to snow, which to me, is far more bone-chilling. I'd much rather have snow, than that. 

So bring on the snow! Though it's been among the hottest years recorded in N. America, so we'll have to see what happens...this summer was the worst ever, and all fall, it's been insanely warm, even hot. More reasons I will move back to Michigan, one day, when I am able to...

Edit: Yikes! It's gonna get up to about 68-70 degrees f on Friday, here in Baltimore. 

• Like 1

"Oh look, it's 8:00 and I completely forgot that I had physics homework due tomorrow."

And that's how I ended up spending the rest of the night chasing units around trying to figure out what the hell I did wrong. At least I sort of enjoy physics.

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

Why would an inductor hold a charge? it's just wire looped around something.

Capacitors store energy in an electric field while inductors store energy in a magnetic field.  Despite appearing to be separate things, they're actually different aspects of the same fundamental force.  Inductors release their stored energy in the form of electric current, even when there's no voltage on the wire within its collapsing magnetic field that would otherwise encourage it.

Why am I more tired the better I sleep?

With the exception of one nightmare, I had great, fantastic sleep. This always happens. If I hit a sweetspot of not enough sleep to be healthy my body seems to go into some sort of crisis mode where I'm awake and on the ball.

If I get the recommended, normal amount of sleep I get tired.

• Like 1

Holiday depression is setting in, here. Always a hard time, these past ten years, when you're broke, and then, everyone around you goes away and visits family, and I'm just sorta stuck and reminded often of how fragile my connections to life are. Plus, it is depressing, not being able to give/get presents, and hearing so much talk of it, even if it is a so-called 'superficial' thing; it would be nice to give and get things again, after so many years of not being able to afford doing this. Or, to see my parents, who I have seen twice, in a decade, now, even though we get along, and I miss and love them: never the money/time. Already, seeing all the holiday themed stuff has made me feel very sad, like a total failure in this commercial, money driven country/world. 

• Like 1

I just had an absolute slam-dunk of a video conference at work! I was in the center of the image, at the head of the boardroom table, with the rest of the team (and the bureaucrat) along the sides like minions :V The client got to see me for the first time in the 5 years I've been on this project! (In glorious 16-bit resolution :Y )

We did introductions and after each person they responded with Hi, [name] kindergarten style.When I did mine their was a surprising uproar of attention! They were quite excited to meet me, which was really awesome!  

The meeting ended with me making a strong counterpoint (while agreeing in principle) to the client boss to which they all agreed. My speech was clear and clean, my body language felt on point, and I was the only one of the team to bring ownership and really contribute to make it a dialog instead of a talking-to. Everything was perfect! ^.^

Edited by DrGravitas
Removing weird gibberish
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Recel said:

My deduction from your described route. You have a toilet next to your bed, and a computer facing the toilet.

...every lazy persons dream. 

:V

We can also deduce that he does not piss in a bottle.

So that's good, I guess.

• Like 3

• Vae pinned this topic