General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

22 hours ago, Saxon said:

I expect to be stuck on a ship for much of the year, if I actually get the placement.

Oh? That sounds fun! I hope you can become the next Jacques Cousteau! I always liked his shows. If you do, I will even buy you the jaunty red hat :)

1 hour ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I'm done whining about being six and now just worrying about final projects and feeling funny

so that's why I'm quiet.

Wait, you sound like you're a lot older than six! Geez, kids grow up fast, these days.

I went for a run this morning and saw one of those speed checkers by the side of the road. The ones that tell you your speed in MpH when you go past

Nobody was around, so I had a few tries to see how high I could make it go

It was fucking fun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrDingo said:

I went for a run this morning and saw one of those speed checkers by the side of the road. The ones that tell you your speed in MpH when you go past

Nobody was around, so I had a few tries to see how high I could make it go

It was fucking fun

...and yet you completely leave out how high you made it go in your anecdote, for shame, doctor!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

...and yet you completely leave out how high you made it go in your anecdote, for shame, doctor!

When I said a few tries, I only went back to it twice

Both times I made it go to 15mph

.. I think I might go back sometime and see if I can do it better

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Seems very slow here, as of late.

*watches a few tumbleweeds blow past*

Well duuhhhh, the forum has lost its relevance because FurAffinity has its own forums again, and other furry hubs have their own communities. I don't believe there is any advertising being done for the forum and as far as I know the site admin has been MIA forever. People are leaving at a faster rate than they are coming in, and understandably so. The main draw is and has always been the community, which can't be self-sustaining without offering something more or advertising better.

48 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Well duuhhhh, the forum has lost its relevance because FurAffinity has its own forums again, and other furry hubs have their own communities. I don't believe there is any advertising being done for the forum and as far as I know the site admin has been MIA forever. People are leaving at a faster rate than they are coming in, and understandably so. The main draw is and has always been the community, which can't be self-sustaining without offering something more or advertising better.

I don't know about anyone else, but I kind of retreated into my echo chamber Discord chat because I've already made friends both here and IRL and so my social needs are met without posting. In fact, I hadn't visited the forum in close to a month until today. I know some people post here for other reasons, like debating controversial topics and calling each other poo poo heads, sometimes at the same time, but I don't get any gratification from either of those things so I'm happy where I am. YMMV.

17 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Seems very slow here, as of late.

*watches a few tumbleweeds blow past*

It's a bit of a shame really.

Things have been nice though. Peaceful really. I've felt like everyone has just been getting along better. But, it seems there's less people overall.

Hopefully it rallies again, and goes back to being more active. But, I imagine most at this point has gone to their own Discord places.

I am getting sick of how the college's engineering department can't seem to make their minds up as to if my class can or can't go and make our projects (or at least those that are possible to) on the hardware in the machine shop.

Meanwhile from what I gather from looking into rooms from the outside the first year classes may well be getting to do stuff on the 3D printer and the tiny lathe. ( AKA spinning finger remover of doom)

Priorities seem all over the place.

55 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

I've finished my semester's exams and I have complete freedom for 3 weeks

What the hell do I do with myself now

Gimme suggestions

Research the topics you were unsure about in the exams and wallow in regret.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrDingo said:

I've finished my semester's exams and I have complete freedom for 3 weeks

What the hell do I do with myself now

Gimme suggestions

MURRDER.

In other news, the exam that totally wasn't due Thursday I will hopefully hand in tomorrow.

Basically unfinished, and a mess. But I just don't have it in me to write this damn thing. All the topics sucked and were thinner than my attention span.

I just want to pass and not do absolutely terribly at this point.

I also just want to eat some chicken now.

2 hours ago, george99g said:

Hey, welcome back!
I haven't seen you in a while.

Where have you been?

I didn't die, I swear! I got busy with work/vacation/life and just sort of stopped posting. Then out of nowhere I was like "hey I wonder what happened to the furfags on that one forum," and well, here I am.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Chrysocyon said:

Ooooh, which one did you go for?

2 hours ago, Xaende said:

So I ordered the larger tablet. Buyer's remorse coming in 3... 2... 1...

10commandments.jpg

I ordered this one and haven't forgotten it yet. It's stayed reliable for many years, though it's in dire need of an update.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Chrysocyon said:

Ooooh, which one did you go for?

Wacom Intuos Art. In mint blue, of course. B|

The comic version was my top choice, but I could only find them in the small size. Considering that I already have the software I need, the bundled apps aren't important to me. The Intuos Comic and Art are otherwise identical.

1 hour ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

10commandments.jpg

I ordered this one and haven't forgotten it yet. It's stayed reliable for many years, though it's in dire need of an update.

Haha. Too bad I couldn't just climb to the top of Mt. Wacom, and get a free tablet directly from God. That would've saved me 200 bucks.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Eggdodger said:

I'm more impressed with the fact that you look up Simpsons reaction videos often enough to get them recommended to you. Good on you.

Thank goodness it didn't show evidence of all the bizarre fetish videos I must surely be watching.

2 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

Trump...
What the fuck.

I like how Trump has been in power for mere days and he's already proclaimed a national day for patriotism and his ego worship, signed the abortion bill, backs the oil industry, appoints shitty people into power who deny factual science and also is demanding Mexico to pay for the wall.

Few days and this many fuckups is impressive. It's almost like this could've been avoided.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

I like how Trump has been in power for mere days and he's already proclaimed a national day for patriotism and his ego worship, signed the abortion bill, backs the oil industry, appoints shitty people into power who deny factual science and also is demanding Mexico to pay for the wall.

Few days and this many fuckups is impressive. It's almost like this could've been avoided.

Solidifying a reputation immediately is essential for creating an image of success in your constituent's mind that persists past their attention span. It serves as a barrier that must be whittled down before later, more negative news will influence their opinions. The more satisfied people are with his first 100 days, the stronger their assumption that the rest of his tenure is also successful will be as they lose interest in paying attention.

The content so far is indeed fairly concerning, but he's going to go for the big-ticket items first while he has the most support he'll ever have, barring something major like a war.

36 minutes ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

The EPA has been forbidden from communicating science to the public too now. Science those tax payers paid for.

Arghgghghg!

You think it can't get crazier and then it  does.

• Like 4

• Vae pinned this topic