General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

21 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Almost banned from fur affinity forums for telling a man who says that Dylan Roof's racially aggravated murder of 9 people is no worse than Richard Spencer being punched that he has more fingers than braincells.

FAF has been ruined by a segment of users who hold amazingly prejudiced views about black people, muslims and trans people. They go around calling people 'cunts' if you don't agree with them, but if you quip that they're thick, then you're the one who's going to get banned? ._.

What is happening to the website?

w h a t

49 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Almost banned from fur affinity forums for telling a man who says that Dylan Roof's racially aggravated murder of 9 people is no worse than Richard Spencer being punched that he has more fingers than braincells.

FAF has been ruined by a segment of users who hold amazingly prejudiced views about black people, muslims and trans people. They go around calling people 'cunts' if you don't agree with them, but if you quip that they're thick, then you're the one who's going to get banned? ._.

What is happening to the website?

Yikes. I haven't nosed around there as of late, but last time I did, I had some similar encounters with some nutty sorts of a similar nature.

What's odd is that I never really noticed any mods...there was one, this guy that seemed a bit dense, that would appear now and again, but the site seemed to mainly be governed by whoever was popular at the moment. And at this moment, that's evidently drifted into an ugly territory.

Also, there aren't very many regular posters; I did meet some nice people there, but the times I've logged on, I tend not to recognize anyone.

8 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

w h a t

I asked a prominent user on the forums who has been repudiated for making racist comments about black people and arabs before:

"So it would be perfectly permissible, from your perspective, if you lived in a unjust state with racial segregation and judicial torture of religious minorities, provided that your friends and family weren't affected by it?"

His answer was

"If it's inevitable then yes, I wouldn't care as long as it wouldn't effect them.
But that's not possible in anywhere but the middle east because we have laws in place to prevent this kind of putrid shit"

I also asked him about the violent incident towards Richard Spencer:

"You think the person who punched Richard Spencer is as bad as the mass murderer Dylan Roof?"

"They are equal, yes."

There is a significant number of people on the fur affinity forums who actually agree with these statements now, and the fur affinity staff aren't doing anything about this. They accused me of treating him unfairly by asking him 'trap questions'. I thought these questions would have obvious answers 'no I don't want to live in a racially segregated state and murdering people is worse than punching somebody'.

:\ It's so obvious that these guys are apologists for the neo nazi ideology and fur affinity is just...letting them indoctrinate other users.

7 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Yikes. I haven't nosed around there as of late, but last time I did, I had some similar encounters with some nutty sorts of a similar nature.

What's odd is that I never really noticed any mods...there was one, this guy that seemed a bit dense, that would appear now and again, but the site seemed to mainly be governed by whoever was popular at the moment. And at this moment, that's evidently drifted into an ugly territory.

Also, there aren't very many regular posters; I did meet some nice people there, but the times I've logged on, I tend not to recognize anyone.

It just makes the forums unbelievable unpleasant to be on, unless you're a closeted neo nazi sympathiser. All sorts of conspiracy theories are being spread there about vaccination causing autism, about climate change being a Marxist conspiracy, and these guys have finally openly admitted that they would not stand in the way of racial segregation or death camps...and the staff still don't get the fuck rid of these vile folk. They even thank their posts or defend them from criticism.

I would have imagined that the staff would get rid of these people permanently when they started leaving posts like 'TransTRENDER!' on new users' introduction threads, or making threads in which they discuss the 'science' of which race is intellectually superior. They actually did that and they are not permanently banned.

Dragoneer at least locks these threads (and probably gets angry messages from people telling him that he is limiting 'muh free speech'.)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Oh yea, I heard the new season of :v was really good. Great voice acting and plot!

I especially like the part where they reveal :v is secretly the mastermind behind the whole plot.

Ugh! Post a spoiler warning next time. Guess I won't be enjoying :v The Furry Animeme.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2017 at 7:27 AM, Saxon said:

I asked a prominent user on the forums who has been repudiated for making racist comments about black people and arabs before:

"So it would be perfectly permissible, from your perspective, if you lived in a unjust state with racial segregation and judicial torture of religious minorities, provided that your friends and family weren't affected by it?"

His answer was

"If it's inevitable then yes, I wouldn't care as long as it wouldn't effect them.
But that's not possible in anywhere but the middle east because we have laws in place to prevent this kind of putrid shit"

I also asked him about the violent incident towards Richard Spencer:

"You think the person who punched Richard Spencer is as bad as the mass murderer Dylan Roof?"

"They are equal, yes."

There is a significant number of people on the fur affinity forums who actually agree with these statements now, and the fur affinity staff aren't doing anything about this. They accused me of treating him unfairly by asking him 'trap questions'. I thought these questions would have obvious answers 'no I don't want to live in a racially segregated state and murdering people is worse than punching somebody'.

:\ It's so obvious that these guys are apologists for the neo nazi ideology and fur affinity is just...letting them indoctrinate other users.

It just makes the forums unbelievable unpleasant to be on, unless you're a closeted neo nazi sympathiser. All sorts of conspiracy theories are being spread there about vaccination causing autism, about climate change being a Marxist conspiracy, and these guys have finally openly admitted that they would not stand in the way of racial segregation or death camps...and the staff still don't get the fuck rid of these vile folk. They even thank their posts or defend them from criticism.

I would have imagined that the staff would get rid of these people permanently when they started leaving posts like 'TransTRENDER!' on new users' introduction threads, or making threads in which they discuss the 'science' of which race is intellectually superior. They actually did that and they are not permanently banned.

Dragoneer at least locks these threads (and probably gets angry messages from people telling him that he is limiting 'muh free speech'.)

So what you are saying is that Furaffinity Forums in its current state is somewhere between r/The_Donald and /pol/? Damn, man.

1 hour ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

So basically FA is literally Hitler?

It's at the point where saying you wouldn't stand in the way of a racial genocide, and that you think black people are objectively inferior, is considered 'an opinion' rather than a reason to ban somebody from the website.

The people in question who express those views literally add no value to the forums either, It's not like they make art or anything, they just go around pontificating about race, Islam or all agreeing with each other that Donald is infallible.

Most forums I go on are like this now though. Phoenix is the only place which hasn't succumb to this. :\

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Saxon said:

It's at the point where saying you wouldn't stand in the way of a racial genocide, and that you think black people are objectively inferior, is considered 'an opinion' rather than a reason to ban somebody from the website.

The people in question who express those views literally add no value to the forums either, It's not like they make art or anything, they just go around pontificating about race, Islam or all agreeing with each other that Donald is infallible.

Most forums I go on are like this now though. Phoenix is the only place which hasn't succumb to this. :\

But ur not the arbiter of proto-post-FAF 

U need to calm down and relax. Here, come play on my waterbed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

I'm actually very surprised Furaffinity of all places went in that direction. I still don't think people should be banned for their views, no matter how bad they are, but it does shock me that the staff don't do this.

Eh, if people want a forum where they can complain about how inferior the Arabs and Blacks are then they can go to fucking Stormfront.

11 hours ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Turn the tables on them, shoot them first!

That requires a gun, other than the sport one I have, which is too big to carry on me out and about.
Guns require money.
Money is a thing I do not often find myself in possession of.

Also
> using nuFAF
There's your problem. Why ever.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2017 at 11:58 PM, Hux said:

I want anime recommendations. Weebs plz pull thru 4 me.

Cyber City OEDO

EDIT: I got curious as to what Saxon was talking about so I went to scope out Neo FAF for myself. I haven't seen any racism (yet), but within the first 60 seconds, I can most assuredly say the place is on par with DeviantArt Forums. Whether or not prepatch FAF was a shit hole before this place was formed is debatable and I'd see both sides. But now the place is, to no one's surprise, rubbish.

The general discussion there is more vapid than the shitposting in Black Hole.

• Like 3

Neo FAF was funny and total shitpost bait back when it first came back up, because they were treating it like a hugbox where being mean wasn't allowed. Sounds like they've gotten lax with their moderation again... really lax.

I could expect nothing less.

8 minutes ago, Eggdodger said:

Neo FAF was funny and total shitpost bait back when it first came back up, because they were treating it like a hugbox where being mean wasn't allowed. Sounds like they've gotten lax with their moderation again... really lax.

I could expect nothing less.

I am not surprised, but it also sounds like the mods there don't want anything to do with the forums.

• Like 5

Lousy start to the morning. I forgot my caffeine, my password, and the email server is being wonky. My general approach to new passwords has failed to meet requirements 3 times (despite being hella long, with numbers, capitals, and symbols). I think their authentication servers are having trouble.

How much longer until lunch...

11 minutes ago, george99g said:

Weren't you saying at one point that neo-FAF was better than Phoenix?

Before the racists registered on FAF I enjoyed going there. Phoenix wasn't so fun back then, because users like #00Buck were making the atmosphere toxic.

Now the situation has reversed, because FAF is the forum where a small group of very popular, very creepy and bile-filled users are making the atmosphere toxic.

7 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Before the racists registered on FAF I enjoyed going there. Phoenix wasn't so fun back then, because users like #00Buck were making the atmosphere toxic.

Now the situation has reversed, because FAF is the forum where a small group of very popular, very creepy and bile-filled users are making the atmosphere toxic.

You know, of course, you're temping me to make some posts there, just to rile them up some...after all, I was popufur skunk when it restarted, for a brief while! Didn't seem toxic then, just very disorganized, with a lack of a 'community' feel, which is why I drifted off, and ended up here.

6 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

Lousy start to the morning. I forgot my caffeine, my password, and the email server is being wonky. My general approach to new passwords has failed to meet requirements 3 times (despite being hella long, with numbers, capitals, and symbols). I think their authentication servers are having trouble.

How much longer until lunch...

Did you try using 'password' for your password? I have heard this is very popular, so it must be a good choice.

29 minutes ago, Saxon said:

And nobody here was screaming that the administration on neo-FAF is worthless and that this was inevitably going to happen?

7 minutes ago, george99g said:

And nobody here was screaming that the administration on neo-FAF is worthless and that this was inevitably going to happen?

I don't think anybody predicted that a contingent of trump supporting racists would entrench themselves. I don't think anybody was predicting that one of the most popular users on this site would be discovered to be a salacious creeper. (well, actually I always got that creepy-ass vibe from him, but I didn't realise it would turn out to be true)

I'm not sure what this has to do with how much I enjoy being on either one of the forums though. It is not as though one has to sign a declaration of loyalty to a forum when they sign up to it. I would prefer a situation in which both FAF and Phoenix were fun places, because that would mean I could talk to more people, show more of them my art and find out about other artists.

You know, of course, you're temping me to make some posts there, just to rile them up some...after all, I was popufur skunk when it restarted, for a brief while! Didn't seem toxic then, just very disorganized, with a lack of a 'community' feel, which is why I drifted off, and ended up here.

Did you try using 'password' for your password? I have heard this is very popular, so it must be a good choice.

For a while they had some fun new users arriving. Like Caraid, an amazing and incredibly popular artist.

But few people have stuck around- perhaps because they take one look at the discussions section now and see threads like 'proof men are more intelligent than women' and comments by users telling muslims to 'go back to their own countries'.

1 minute ago, Saxon said:

I don't think anybody was predicting that one of the most popular users on this site would be discovered to be a salacious creeper. (well, actually I always got that creepy-ass vibe from him, but I didn't realise it would turn out to be true)

Wasn't the guy who finds nothing wrong with sexually abusing animals put as the head admin of Ye Olde FAF before most of us either got banned (for complaining about it or shitposting about it) or quit in protest around 2012?
Because I strongly remember that being a thing.
That was entirely why I left until the split happened.

Really, no one should be surprised with shitty administrative decisions and a bad audience lingering there.
Know the company you keep.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I'm not sure what this has to do with how much I enjoy being on either one of the forums though. It is not as though one has to sign a declaration of loyalty to a forum when they sign up to it. I would prefer a situation in which both FAF and Phoenix were fun places, because that would mean I could talk to more people, show more of them my art and find out about other artists.

This has nothing to do with how much you enjoy being on either forum. Don't put words into my mouth so you can argue them more easily.

I was talking about you criticizing the administration here while saying how good neo-FAF was, while everyone else was telling you that neo-FAF's administration is horrible.

29 minutes ago, Vae said:

Wasn't the guy who finds nothing wrong with sexually abusing animals put as the head admin of Ye Olde FAF before most of us either got banned (for complaining about it or shitposting about it) or quit in protest around 2012?
Because I strongly remember that being a thing.
That was entirely why I left until the split happened.

Really, no one should be surprised with shitty administrative decisions and a bad audience lingering there.
Know the company you keep.

I resent your 'us v them' thing that you have about the phoenix and fur affinity forums. I'm not going to be part of it, I go to places because there are people who I like on there and want to stay friends with.

23 minutes ago, george99g said:

This has nothing to do with how much you enjoy being on either forum. Don't put words into my mouth so you can argue them more easily.

I was talking about you criticizing the administration here while saying how good neo-FAF was, while everyone else was telling you that neo-FAF's administration is horrible.

Phoenix had a problem, it got pointed out. It got solved eventually. (this was in what, 2015, 2016? )

Now fur affinity is the forum with a developing problem in 2017. I've pointed it out, I'm hoping that they'll solve it.

I'm not sure why you think I have to be on anybody's 'side' about this. ._.

In other news of equal conversational merit although a little tmi (sorry),

Im so glad I chose to do #2 at the fancy-ass bank bathrooms rather than just stopping at Quicktrip

It makes a world of a difference when the hallways smell like a good fragrance, and they have the good toilet paper that is soft as fuck. Not to mention the best part: its clean.

If you have the option to shit in luxury, always do so

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I resent your 'us v them' thing that you have about the phoenix and fur affinity forums. I'm not going to be part of it, I go to places because there are people who I like on there and want to stay friends with.

Isn't that kind of hypocritical, given that you started this entire going conversation based on "them" being largely racists and Trump supporters and things you don't agree with?
If you value things there, shouldn't you be able to separate it?

I filter who I associate with because it limits the bullshit I deal with.
If you don't, that's up to you. Just don't complain when it doesn't turn out the way you like, which is what you're doing right now. You invite your own problems that way.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

In other news of equal conversational merit although a little tmi (sorry),

Im so glad I chose to do #2 at the fancy-ass bank bathrooms rather than just stopping at Quicktrip

It makes a world of a difference when the hallways smell like a good fragrance, and they have the good toilet paper that is soft as fuck. Not to mention the best part: its clean.

If you have the option to shit in luxury, always do so

You mean bankers don't wipe with hundred dollar bills!?

9 minutes ago, Vae said:

Isn't that kind of hypocritical, given that you started this entire going conversation based on "them" being largely racists and Trump supporters and things you don't agree with?
If you value things there, shouldn't you be able to separate it?

I filter who I associate with because it limits the bullshit I deal with.
If you don't, that's up to you. Just don't complain when it doesn't turn out the way you like, which is what you're doing right now. You invite your own problems that way.

Yeah how dare I say that I am glad that this forum hasn't been infected with racist dialogue that I've seen emerge on several other forums, ruining the fun that used to be there.

It's a fucking moral outrage that I should express an opinion on that, isn't it?

If you don't like my view, then do as you say. Stop associating with me.

I almost fell asleep in world lit class today, and I only read half of my assignment and Sparknoted the rest, and since we grade ourselves on hw, attendance, and participation, I gave myself a 2(max 3) for hw, 2(max 2) for att., and 2(max 3) for participation.

I like being an honest student.

• Like 3

I found several components with mur or murs in their name today after finding a design of a switching regulator with such in it.

I immediately thought furry rectifier diodes, putting a murs and certain numbers in google finds lots of On datasheets. Putting murr and numbers in found me power supply rail things.

So while playing Cards Against Humanity with my friends online, it's common practice (as usual) for the Card Czar to read out the cards.
Now of course the card packs were the most depraved things you can think of.

What I didn't know is, because I was wearing my hood and couldn't see far left or right, my Mom and little brother were watching as I read each card in the gayest voice possible.

My reaction was along the lines of this

:25ca6fc2d00f10ba9aa1c35a3787c6d7.png

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

So while playing Cards Against Humanity with my friends online, it's common practice (as usual) for the Card Czar to read out the cards.
Now of course the card packs were the most depraved things you can think of.

What I didn't know is, because I was wearing my hood and couldn't see far left or right, my Mom and little brother were watching as I read each card in the gayest voice possible.

My reaction was along the lines of this

:25ca6fc2d00f10ba9aa1c35a3787c6d7.png

Congrats

You're gay!

18 hours ago, Saxon said:

I'm not sure why you think I have to be on anybody's 'side' about this. ._.

I never said you have to take a side on this, it's just either you not being able to read what I'm writing or my lack of writing skill showing through. Either way, if you enjoy FAF, then great, enjoy it. I couldn't care less which forum you enjoy going to, as that's entirely your own business.

I was just pointing out how strange it was for you to turn your opinion upside-down when the FAF administration stopped caring about the forum, as we've been telling you it will do for a very long time, and your last choice of forum is the only sane thing left.

Also, you know what the history between Phoenix and FA is. You know people hate the guts of the FA administration, yet you still kept kicking the hornet's nest that is this topic on this forum. That's like going into a bar with drunken men watching a football match, then saying, "Hey guys, I know you're screaming death threats at the blue team, but the red team is actually terrible and the blue team is better :3" and crying that they kicked your face in. The difference being that in hotel Phoenix we call you out for your bullshit instead.

So, the point of this entire argument?
If you want to be buddy-buddy with two groups that hate each other, you should probably stop telling one that it's worse than the other and then pulling the victim card when you get what you were asking for.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Saxon said:

Yeah how dare I say that I am glad that this forum hasn't been infected with racist dialogue that I've seen emerge on several other forums, ruining the fun that used to be there.

It's a fucking moral outrage that I should express an opinion on that, isn't it?

If you don't like my view, then do as you say. Stop associating with me.

I don't associate with you. I'm responding to you. There is a large difference.

Also I said to mind the audience you keep. If you're gonna wade through a pond of dog shit, and everyone's already put up giant flashing red signs saying "WARNING: POND IS MADE OF DOG SHIT," it seems rather dumb to bitch that your shoes are getting dirty in the process.
Oh sure, there might be some pretty flowers or whatever growing in the center, but you made that decision. You discarded the warnings.
Due to either your own rather extreme lack of situational awareness, or willful ignorance. Either way, that's on you.

Also why in the fuck would you throw topics out into the public, if you can't take critical responses? Stop doing that.
No one's here to coddle your ego.

2 hours ago, george99g said:

I never said you have to take a side on this, it's just either you not being able to read what I'm writing or my lack of writing skill showing through. Either way, if you enjoy FAF, then great, enjoy it. I couldn't care less which forum you enjoy going to, as that's entirely your own business.

I was just pointing out how strange it was for you to turn your opinion upside-down when the FAF administration stopped caring about the forum, as we've been telling you it will do for a very long time, and your last choice of forum is the only sane thing left.

Also, you know what the history between Phoenix and FA is. You know people hate the guts of the FA administration, yet you still kept kicking the hornet's nest that is this topic on this forum. That's like going into a bar with drunken men watching a football match, then saying, "Hey guys, I know you're screaming death threats at the blue team, but the red team is actually terrible and the blue team is better :3" and crying that they kicked your face in. The difference being that in hotel Phoenix we call you out for your bullshit instead.

So, the point of this entire argument?
If you want to be buddy-buddy with two groups that hate each other, you should probably stop telling one that it's worse than the other and then pulling the victim card when you get what you were asking for.

I think this conversation is making this thread unpleasant for the rest of the people using it. :\

In short I made the comments which have upset you several months ago. The split between FAF and phoenix happened almost 2 years ago, and I was doing fieldwork in Newfoundland, so I missed the entire dramatic event.

I don't associate with you. I'm responding to you. There is a large difference.

Also I said to mind the audience you keep. If you're gonna wade through a pond of dog shit, and everyone's already put up giant flashing red signs saying "WARNING: POND IS MADE OF DOG SHIT," it seems rather dumb to bitch that your shoes are getting dirty in the process.
Oh sure, there might be some pretty flowers or whatever growing in the center, but you made that decision. You discarded the warnings.
Due to either your own rather extreme lack of situational awareness, or willful ignorance. Either way, that's on you.

Also why in the fuck would you throw topics out into the public, if you can't take critical responses? Stop doing that.
No one's here to coddle your ego.

I'm sorry, but I've got to laugh. Your anger over this subject is simply too amusing. This was 2 years ago; it's time to get over it.

4 minutes ago, Saxon said:

In short I made the comments which have upset you several months ago. The split between FAF and phoenix happened almost 2 years ago, and I was doing fieldwork in Newfoundland, so I missed the entire dramatic event.

ok

3 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I'm sorry, but I've got to laugh. Your anger over this subject is simply too amusing. This was 2 years ago; it's time to get over it.

shut up nerd lmao

• Vae pinned this topic