General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

3 hours ago, Vae said:

I pronounce salmon as "sal-mon" and Reeses Pieces as "reesees peesees".

Oh gosh, you're one of those people. :v

47 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

I ate some broiler and it tasted funny. Checked  the expiration date  and the fucking broiler had spoiled a week ago

Ugh, I hope I don't get a restless night because of tummy aches due to eating spoiled broiler

Hope you feel fine and sleep well!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I really want a pizza.

And I really want to eat that pizza all to myself.

The fuck is wrong with me?

My mother left two pizzas sitting on the table.
But I don't think I'm supposed to cook and eat them.

At least you're not being taunted.

I really wish I had a good, bbq'd burger with pickles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saxon said:

Maybe your feet are fine and the problem is with your butt, eh? ;3

:3

But seriously, it was not the butt being tired, it was the feet. It's really hard to explain but the urge got resolved after a brief running session outside with my dog

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

A video I posted got claimed for using "Mistresses by Unspecified"

People who own the songs they're posting get content-claimed on Youtube.

If it has music in it at all, it's a pretty iffy subject on that site.

25 minutes ago, Vae said:

People who own the songs they're posting get content-claimed on Youtube.

If it has music in it at all, it's a pretty iffy subject on that site.

How do I speak words rip.

Instagram sent me a copyright notice that the song I used in the video was "Mistresses" by Unspecified (It was actually Human by Christina Perri), but I decided to just forgo any sort of trouble and just mute it

Ok, I feel weird.

I drew a shitpost of Tribble like 2 years ago and suddenly it's become a meme. My friend sent it to me earlier and I kinda freaked out when I saw that it was my drawing. This is the original picture:

happy_go_lucky_me__click_me__by_sidewalksurfboard-d9eiuch.gif

And this is the meme that's starting to go around:

Selection_023.png

I don't know how to feel. It's not really that big of a deal but I'm just wondering how the fuck they even found the drawing in the first place.

• Like 5

I was pretty iffy on the troll movie, I feel like its another meh movie jumping on the toy-franchise-into-movie bandwagon.

But the other day I met this little girl buying a troll sticker book, she was spouting off all the names of the characters and which ones she liked, she even had a "Poppy" watch on her wrist.

...and I thought, y'know if it can make this child happy, its probably not that bad.

I intended to watch it eventually to get a more accurate judgement of it, now I probably will.

25 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Ok, I feel weird.

I drew a shitpost of Tribble like 2 years ago and suddenly it's become a meme. My friend sent it to me earlier and I kinda freaked out when I saw that it was my drawing. This is the original picture:

happy_go_lucky_me__click_me__by_sidewalksurfboard-d9eiuch.gif

And this is the meme that's starting to go around:

Selection_023.png

I don't know how to feel. It's not really that big of a deal but I'm just wondering how the fuck they even found the drawing in the first place.

...you are a god among men. Few live to see their shit doodles become meme legend

*bows*

• Like 4

13 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

I was pretty iffy on the troll movie, I feel like its another meh movie jumping on the toy-franchise-into-movie bandwagon.

But the other day I met this little girl buying a troll sticker book, she was spouting off all the names of the characters and which ones she liked, she even had a "Poppy" watch on her wrist.

...and I thought, y'know if it can make this child happy, its probably not that bad.

I intended to watch it eventually to get a more accurate judgement of it, now I probably will.

this is exactly what i assumed before i watched it, but i watched it anyway and uh... i really fucking liked it. 

• Like 1

Woke up to a goodbye message from a close friend then got word that he's in the hospital. Gonna have to go see him later. 
Jesus Christ, what a mess...
I had a feeling he wasn't ok over the last few months, but it's always when something drastic happens when you actually find out.

That's two close friends with some sort of bad depression now...

1 hour ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

You never have to pay me in money.

Just pay me in pizza.

Stop saying pizza damnit.

My friend's family made homemade pizza. Walking home, someone was making pizza and garlic bread.
Go home to put the pizza in the oven, and the oven won't work right now.

• Like 1

So a friend of mine works at this fancy pizza place, with a wood-fired oven, and pizzas with that come with artichokes, capers, basil leaves and brined lemon zest, and and towards the end of a bottle of white wine, this lady at the bar exclaims, "OMG, these aren't just pizzas...these are Artisinal Italian Flatbreads!'.

Which is to say, pizzas.

There's definitely been an explosion of fancy pizza places in the city, though almost all of the thin crust sort...this makes me wanna make a nice, fluffy thick crust pizza here, more in the Sicilian style. Maybe I can experiment, and gussy up the toppings and such, use fancy mushrooms, prosciutto, and such.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

So a friend of mine works at this fancy pizza place, with a wood-fired oven, and pizzas with that come with artichokes, capers, basil leaves and brined lemon zest, and and towards the end of a bottle of white wine, this lady at the bar exclaims, "OMG, these aren't just pizzas...these are Artisinal Italian Flatbreads!'.

Which is to say, pizzas.

There's definitely been an explosion of fancy pizza places in the city, though almost all of the thin crust sort...this makes me wanna make a nice, fluffy thick crust pizza here, more in the Sicilian style. Maybe I can experiment, and gussy up the toppings and such, use fancy mushrooms, prosciutto, and such.

You mean a botryose, viticultivated french intoxicant. ;3

• Like 1

Smelling is seriously such an' intense sense, especially for recalling past memories. My dad dropped some clothes off earlier today (& other trinkets) that were previously my nan's (who passed in December), and I've just now gotten the chance to try on some of her sweaters -- which still have her homey scent. Being so happy and really sad at once makes me just want to kick a chair, I'm going to miss those peaceful evenings of having tea and cookies together..

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Moogle said:

Smelling is seriously such an' intense sense, especially for recalling past memories. My dad dropped some clothes off earlier today (& other trinkets) that were previously my nan's (who passed in December), and I've just now gotten the chance to try on some of her sweaters -- which still have her homey scent. Being so happy and really sad at once makes me just want to kick a chair, I'm going to miss those peaceful evenings of having tea and cookies together..

Just like smell, the taste of something familiar but distant can also be a powerful tool to evoke old memories

Oh how I long the first taste of blueberry pie from my childhood

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Moogle said:

My sense of smell doesn't work half the time. The smell has to be REALLY intense for me to smell it well, and it sucks. It's not even a disorder or something, I just have year-round rhinitis

4 hours ago, Moogle said:

I have that sometimes too, but oddly my memories are more attached to specific weather, and songs.

A breeze will come down the street while walking while it's at a particular temperature, and I'll remember a time similar, years ago. 

Also, since I listen to music 24/7, I'll hear a song and remember a moment that I was listening to it, way back in the past.

Sorry to hear about your nan though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

A piece of siding blew off my house. Guuuuesssss what I get to do with my Monday off! 8D

EDIT: My ladder isn't tall enough to reach the area. Not even close :|

This is where having a repair Fossa comes in handy!

~

Another extremely warm day, in the 60s. Thus, it's pretty slow in the library; the campus is open as usual, but everyone seems to be enjoying a bit of air. (Which I don't mind, at all!)

It's been in the 60s here for the past few days..... and it's February. And I live in Michigan.

I don't mind that much, except I had kinda hoped to do some skiing and maybe even sledding this winter. I think some ski slopes might still have some snow on them though, so it might be worth it anyway.

NASA has scheduled a news conference on Wed about some "major" exoplanet discovery. I'm rather excited right now. I kinda wish they would announce they found a planet past Pluto, but then it wouldn't be an exoplanet, would it? What if they found life on another planet? Oh my god.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/nasa-announcement-press-conference-today-solar-system-exoplanet-sun-planets-news-latest-a7590281.html

3 minutes ago, Wax said:

i'm a beginner at guitar, what easy-ish songs can I learn? suggestions are officially open 

I have no idea, but this sounds nice and easy. Lots of repetition, slow pace, nothing too complex. But, it relies on multiple instruments so playing any one piece alone will probably not sound very interesting.

Plus, I like it so there's that :Y

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

You think that's bad? This time last year on a random February day it went up to 80 DEGREES.

February in Texas has been like that lately...

While also simultaneously dropping into the low 30s-40s in the same week, SOMETIMES IN THE SAME DAY

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

It's been in the 60s here for the past few days..... and it's February. And I live in Michigan.

I don't mind that much, except I had kinda hoped to do some skiing and maybe even sledding this winter. I think some ski slopes might still have some snow on them though, so it might be worth it anyway.

NASA has scheduled a news conference on Wed about some "major" exoplanet discovery. I'm rather excited right now. I kinda wish they would announce they found a planet past Pluto, but then it wouldn't be an exoplanet, would it? What if they found life on another planet? Oh my god.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/nasa-announcement-press-conference-today-solar-system-exoplanet-sun-planets-news-latest-a7590281.html

It would be difficult to imagine how you would confirm life on a world beyond our solar system. You could perhaps use spectroscopy to show its atmosphere contained oxygen, or a suite of compounds that might indicate the presence of life, but that might not guarantee biology.

• Like 1

• Vae pinned this topic