General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

20 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Well, just stick him in a fursuit, and nobody will know. And when he's says we're icky, nobody will be able to hear him. 

But yeah, fursuits do cost a ton, and I'd also be a bit apprehensive. I mean, the cutom latex skunk (or Fossa) outfits I have in mind (partially inflatable: tail & shape of head) would be about $900, so sometimes I look at 2k or more for a fluffy fursuit, and I wonder if I'd get to wear it out that much, around here, whereas I know I'd make use of the other outfit, though not as much in public. 

How much are you looking to plunk down?

All the good things are too expensive. ;^; Also no way you could go out in public as a rubber skunk lol.

I want to spend under £2000.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Saxon said:

All the good things are too expensive. ;^; Also no way you could go out in public as a rubber skunk lol.

I want to spend under £2000.

Yeah, it does seem like a lot of things are quite pricey; £2000 is about $2,560 right now, based on an historically weak pound.

My main thing with a fursuit is where/how often I'd wear it. I mean, I would really love one. And there is a decent sized con near DC of about 1,000 people I've been to twice and can easily reach via train/metro, but I've never met any other furries or fursuiters  here, so that it would seem odd, spending that much, for something I might wear 2 or 3 days a year, at a con...I guess if I knew more people locally that were also into it, it's be a greater incentive. Who knows, maybe some will turn up. Or maybe having a fursuit would suddenly make me popufur.

Well, choose wisely, and hope ya have fun, in any event! (I did see a toony rubber raccoon at the last con, and some kinda dragon, bouncing about...so I might, at this con, but other than that, just around the apartment)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Saxon said:

My parents gave me some money, because they bought a new computer for my twin and wanted me to have something too.

...I now possess enough money for a fursuit.

Buy even better computer than your twin :) It is time for you to enter PCMR. Btw fursuits are extremely expensive, god damn.

So I criticized a forum I go on earlier due to how the mods literally never listen to the users and their concerns and how any actual discussion is stopped because the mods always stop anything slightly negative. That seems reasonable to be mad about, right? Well, I talked about it on my instagram and the admin of the forum decided to find my account and bitch at me on there instead of saying it to my face on the forums themselves. Because that's the professional way of doing things apparently.

Just now, DrGravitas said:

Bongos, apparently. The article indicates they are a kind of antelope.

It's weird that the antelopes all look fairly similar to each other, even though some of them are more closely related to cows or giraffes than they are to other 'antelopes'.

• Like 1

On 02/23/2017 at 8:54 AM, DrDingo said:

I live in the windiest town in England 

Today, winds have reached nearly 60mph

One of my friends had his glasses fly off his face and we spent about 10 minutes looking for them

During which time a passing woman was blown out of her wheelchair

Thanks, Storm Doris

tmp_14098-7-womankilledb-1933442642.jpg

That's a helluva storm you guys have there D: Seems a woman was even by killed flying debris.

10 minutes ago, Sergalus said:

Meeting? You are business man?

Why yes! I am Businessman! Upholder of The Company process, Embodiment of white-collar blandness, and Defender of nothing of particular note!

Today's Episode: Businessman And The Interminable Team Meeting! Stay Tuned after a word from our sponsors.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Why yes! I am Businessman! Upholder of The Company process, Embodiment of white-collar blandness, and Defender of nothing of particular note!

Today's Episode: Businessman And The Interminable Team Meeting! Stay Tuned after a word from our sponsors.

Ehh I thought it was business meeting. Welp, so what type of meeting you are having? Dont be shy.

Lol drawer opened by itself, scared shit out of me

5 minutes ago, Sergalus said:

Ehh I thought it was business meeting. Welp, so what type of meeting you are having? Dont be shy.

No really, joking aside it actually IS a business meeting :P Specifically, a team meeting regarding project business and client relations. It has so much fluff you could make a cake with it. xD

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sergalus said:

Hmm these things look kinda cute to me. Are these things some rare species?

Most existing primates have small populations, apart from humans.

All of the species with coded names like 'Stw 46' are reconstructions of fossil specimens.
KNM-RU 2036 is Proconsul heseloni, it's an old world monkey that has been extinct for 25 million years.
The others are various species of Australopithecus, and lived between 4.1 and 1.2 million years ago.

12 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Most existing primates have small populations, apart from humans.

All of the species with coded names like 'Stw 46' are reconstructions of fossil specimens.
KNM-RU 2036 is Proconsul heseloni, it's an old world monkey that has been extinct for 25 million years.
The others are various species of Australopithecus, and lived between 4.1 and 1.2 million years ago.

Wait you are followfox on forumfurafinnity?

My God, listen to this-

I have a friend who really loves cringey stuff, and he said to me that it'd be funny to one day go to a furry convention to bask at how weird and stupid it is
I mentioned that the UK's largest one is a short train ride away this coming May, and he actually wants to go.

It's fucking hilarious, because I was gonna go anyway and now I'm heading over there to laugh at it with a good friend of mine
It's gonna be fantastic

• Like 7

Over 70 degrees F today, and we had HAIL. Wut.

Also, saw this fun conversation with someone on FB the other day. Guy looked like a member of Trump's base. White, blue collar, rural, truck, beard, wifebeater. 

ranting.jpg

Fears the death of the West because people who are not white and European will soon outnumber whites in Europe... and white people will become the minority. Also, claims the West is holding up the entire world, and the only civilized part of the world, ignoring places like Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, UAE, Kuwait (trying to think of first world countries here).

I do not understand why there are so many white people like that afraid of becoming minorities in their own countries. It's a stupid fear. Probably based off of blatant racism. That's why I call people like this cowards and pussies, because all they do is act like fearful babies, being afraid of people different than them. I questioned the existence of white privilege but they seem to be afraid of losing it so I'm not sure anymore. 

21 hours ago, SirRob said:

I have to get rid of the number in my signature, I'm having too difficult a time keeping track. I don't remember whether I updated the number this morning or not...

What was the number for again?

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

Juuuust slipping Keanu Reeves into my presentation. :3

keanu_apes.png

Keanu is a homo? News to me.

4 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Oh my, those are beautiful, I think theyre just as great as okapis, although their horns look amazing

images (1).jpg

images (2).jpg

These guys look like zebra/giraffe hybrids

Aw! I love these animals.

This reminds me, I've seen some amazing Okapi fursuits.

If I had an unlimited budget, and could have multiple fursuits, Okapi would be on the list.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DrDingo said:

My God, listen to this-

I have a friend who really loves cringey stuff, and he said to me that it'd be funny to one day go to a furry convention to bask at how weird and stupid it is
I mentioned that the UK's largest one is a short train ride away this coming May, and he actually wants to go.

It's fucking hilarious, because I was gonna go anyway and now I'm heading over there to laugh at it with a good friend of mine
It's gonna be fantastic

Well you have a nice friend. I believe you will have a lot of fun with him at the con. I would go with him if I could just to see his reactions.

• Like 1

• Vae pinned this topic