General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

http://www.metalinjection.net/tour-dates/the-black-dahlia-murder-dying-fetus-origin-more-announced-for-summer-slaughter-2017

Summer Slaughter 2017 lineup announced. Get fucking excited.

I want to go for Black Dahlia Murder alone. I can't wait to hear Nocturnal played in its entirety.

Oceano, Lorna Shore, and Slaughter to Prevail will also be killer.

5 hours ago, fennecbyte said:

Most people are on Discord now, because Skype sucks. You should try Discord out sometime.

I'm actively and exclusively using Discord since two years now :P

I was asking because I dont use Skype anymore. We had a furry group on Discord but it's quite inactive.

43 minutes ago, Joshi said:

I'm actively and exclusively using Discord since two years now :P

I was asking because I dont use Skype anymore. We had a furry group on Discord but it's quite inactive.

Nice! You can check out this thread and this thread for some server links. There are more unlisted servers, but joining the listed ones should give you the opportunity to ask around for invites.

11 hours ago, DrDingo said:

[snip]

What a disappointing result overall. Even though deep down I knew it wouldn't be a solid labour victory.

Also my constituency is a historic Tory seat and the Tory MP won by about 11,000 votes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wax said:

What a disappointing result overall. Even though deep down I knew it wouldn't be a solid labour victory.

Also my constituency is a historic Tory seat and the Tory MP won by about 11,000 votes.

Same story here. My local MP is one of those nuts who openly opposes gay marriage and such, and he won again by a great margin

Not a bad time to be a Labour supporter, mind. Corbyn pulled off something that people really didn't expect and now the opposition party is much stronger.

Here's hoping the DUP coalition doesn't fuck with us in all the ways we think it might~

12 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

Protip:
Make breakfast at night and leave it by your bed. Then you can eat it in the morning while getting dressed and save tons of time.

Thanks for the advice but I prefer all of my breakfast not to be cold and slightly decayed

On 6/9/2017 at 4:34 PM, DrDingo said:

Here's hoping the DUP coalition doesn't fuck with us in all the ways we think it might~

I sorta doubt it. It will be relatively difficult for the tories to govern when they hold such a small margin of the majority.

So uh.. noticing this place is getting a lot quieter.

If anyone gives enough of a shit to harass me on Steam or Discord, y'all can add me I guess. Probably not gonna do much but spam stupid pictures and regale you with tales of me doing stupid shit in games though.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981730665

Discord: OSI#5255

• Like 1

I need to see this SR-72 get developed. I gotta see that thing move when it's finished lol. 
They said it's going to hit Mach 6. Mach...SIX. That is 4300 mph!!!! HyperSonic speeds. That is faster than some fiction. That's literally faster than Sonic the fucking Hedgehog by 6x. That exceeds high level F-Zero GX! We're beating fiction. We're topping super powers and what should be impossible technology!

asssdfggfllllgboribgah

tumblr_inline_omzhkaTcUA1uh2jlk_500.gif.c10d72b1202fe370fbe9c8ad447f69a0.gif

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

I need to see this SR-72 get developed. I gotta see that thing move when it's finished lol. 
They said it's going to hit Mach 6. Mach...SIX. That is 4300 mph!!!! HyperSonic speeds. That is faster than some fiction. That's literally faster than Sonic the fucking Hedgehog by 6x. That exceeds high level F-Zero GX! We're beating fiction. We're topping super powers and what should be impossible technology!

asssdfggfllllgboribgah

tumblr_inline_omzhkaTcUA1uh2jlk_500.gif.c10d72b1202fe370fbe9c8ad447f69a0.gif

9X7OCpp_d.thumb.jpg.e72a3d9f3b34e095ef6cd43fcd82a47a.jpg

• Like 3

Yaaay, I'm not forced to change my schedule when summer rolls around.
So they can only make me work in the hot freaking afternoons during the weekends, and I get nightshifts the weekdays.

And also, slightly hopeful that now that I told the manager I much prefer nightshifts, she'll give me more of those.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

Car broke down yesterday. I think it's the transmission.

Ouch. That has to among the worst things to go. But maybe it's not, and is just related...though, even if its the rear main seal, that's still almost as awful, in terms of labor, and the underlying causes that may have made it go.

When I had cars, once the tranny dropped, and even after having them rebuilt, it seemed like the car was never the same, and didn't last long. I think once you do such an invasive removal it does something to the car...lots of shops offer a year warranty, and it seems like that's about how long it takes to go out again.

How old is the car?

My advice, after losing three cars (Volvo 240, Volvo 850, Honda Civic) to bad transmissions: get another one, if you at all can. Once the tranny goes, it'll never be the same, and die a slow, ugly death. Unless it's a classic car you wanna restore fully, I say to cut your losses, in the case of transmissions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fossa said:

Ouch. That has to among the worst things to go. But maybe it's not, and is just related...though, even if its the rear main seal, that's still almost as awful, in terms of labor, and the underlying causes that may have made it go.

When I had cars, once the tranny dropped, and even after having them rebuilt, it seemed like the car was never the same, and didn't last long. I think once you do such an invasive removal it does something to the car...lots of shops offer a year warranty, and it seems like that's about how long it takes to go out again.

How old is the car?

My advice, after losing three cars (Volvo 240, Volvo 850, Honda Civic) to bad transmissions: get another one, if you at all can. Once the tranny goes, it'll never be the same, and die a slow, ugly death. Unless it's a classic car you wanna restore fully, I say to cut your losses, in the case of transmissions.

Car's 11 years old (Saturn Ion2) but has been very reliable up until the last year or two. I was planning on a new one later this year or next, so it's not too big of an issue to get a replacement. Still, we're thinking it might just be a sensor or computer malfunction. There's no puddle of transmission fluid. When I pushed the gas it would very slowly build momentum. But, it works just fine in reverse!

I just hope they can get it fixed before my vacation starts on Friday D:

Curious. Oddly, though I have never really worked on cars, I'm not bad at diagnosing problems. Slow acceleration can be a large variety of things: when it does, does it do so smoothly, or are there any 'jerky' feelings, as you do? As in, does it seem to be 'shifting' smoothly, but just slowly? In some cases, there won't be a puddle of fluid, in others, there will. 

Hard to say here, but may well be a sensor, or some part related to the transmission; sometimes, this might be a solenoid, a switch, or some electrical malfunction.

I'd take it in, but be careful of spending too much money. If I was there, I'd listen to it for you...I'm something of an expert, on knowing when a transmission is going to go, just by the feel and sound of it.

Even as Caesar Milan was the dog whisperer, I could have had a future as the transmission whisperer...even if I couldn't fix them : P

Best of luck, here, ~Fossa

• Like 1