General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

On 2018-06-24 at 5:02 PM, Battlechili said:

@GamedogSince you've been revisiting, and since you know more about animal care than any person I know, do you have any suggestions on how I might get a chihuahua puppy to stop chewing on things he isn't supposed to? I recently got a new chihuahua puppy and he's had a habit on chewing on almost anything, and he likes to bite people's ears and fingers. He'll also chew on pants, clothes, well...anything really. Do you know what I could do to break him of this habit? We got some toys for him and while he does play with them and chew on them, they don't always suffice.

The main and most critical tip I can give you for puppy teething is to pick up or hide anything he can’t have. Prevention is the key in the vast majority of dog behaviour and training. Baby gates really help in this case, as for a few weeks your puppy should not be leaving your sight, and when you can’t watch him he should be crated.

Puppies (and dogs) tend to find most enjoyment with toys if someone else is playing with them as well, so just leaving toys around isn’t likely to encourage the puppy to play with these when he’s bored instead of going after tasty ankles or shoes.

If he bites hands or legs, don’t say a word to him or react in any way. (many websites will suggest yelping or squealing, but I find this just riled them up more)

Simply get up, walk into another room that he can’t get to (baby gates are a must IMO) and ignore him for about 10-15 seconds. Step back over the gate and if he goes for your pants again, pull your leg back (slowly, considerate of puppy teeth) and ignore for another 10-15 seconds.

If when you re-enter the room and he DOESN’T go for your pants, reward him by initiating play with a toy of his. Biting humans always ends a play session immediately.

While the phrase “a tired puppy is a good puppy” does hold some truth, it can also be said that a TOO-tired puppy can be a bad puppy... so get used to noticing when yours is getting tired and cranky and enforce nap times. Cranky puppies bite and nip more and don’t know how to settle themselves down.

If you do find that he’s stolen a coveted Human Item, grab one of his toys and make a really huge deal out of it, like it’s way way way more valuable and fun than what he has. When he isn’t looking, take back the Human Item and hide it where he can’t get to it in the future.

if you need any more help, let me know!!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 7:48 PM, Gamedog said:

I need an update on the baby puppy! Give me updates Battlechili!!

I'm unfortunately away from home at college so I haven't been able to keep track of him these past couple months.

I asked my parents for some pictures and info though and they said he's a lot better than he used to be as most of his baby teeth are gone but he still can cause some trouble from time to time. He hasn't *completely* broken of his biting habit.

But boy

Is he cute

pierre.png.9dac1c6aedaceb5176625477f9c7fe06.png

I just find it very interesting how quickly the FAF group died off... you’ve got this large group of FAF users making their own clique, and then that group just dissipates and moves off

lots of furries are on twitter but Twitter is for dweebs

nobody gives enough of a shit to wanna know what you’re doing every 30 mins

thay being said please follow my tumblr which I post on frequently 

Its as Umbra says; most everyone ran off to Twitter or two their own private Discords. Some just stopped interacting with the fandom altogether.

There was too much drama here between people who just didn't get along and they gave up trying to interact with each other. Plus some like Discord and Twitter better since groups of friends can choose to only interact with each other and never see the posts of people they don't like. I'm still here because I'm a nerd who likes forums. But there's little use in posting if there aren't enough people to respond, right? So I don't post here much. I'm not leaving though. I'm more active on FAF though if any of you ever return to that place.

• Like 2

At the risk of double posting, I feel a bit out of place in some of the private Discords myself; despite forming some friendships here and on FAF, I don't feel like I ever became super close to anyone like a lot of other former users here have with each other. It makes me a tad worried and sad because I fear like once this place kicks the bucket and everyone has moved on, I'll still be around all alone. There'll be new people I can meet on other forums of course like FAF once again, but it feels weird being surrounded by new users where others have moved on.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 1:22 PM, Gamedog said:

I just find it very interesting how quickly the FAF group died off... you’ve got this large group of FAF users making their own clique, and then that group just dissipates and moves off

lots of furries are on twitter but Twitter is for dweebs

nobody gives enough of a shit to wanna know what you’re doing every 30 mins

thay being said please follow my tumblr which I post on frequently 

I like your dog

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 1:21 AM, Battlechili said:

At the risk of double posting, I feel a bit out of place in some of the private Discords myself; despite forming some friendships here and on FAF, I don't feel like I ever became super close to anyone like a lot of other former users here have with each other. It makes me a tad worried and sad because I fear like once this place kicks the bucket and everyone has moved on, I'll still be around all alone. There'll be new people I can meet on other forums of course like FAF once again, but it feels weird being surrounded by new users where others have moved on.

Same. 

It could just be circumstance, since some members were able to meet each other at one point. I guess doing things together might have also brought them closer, but I haven't the slightest clue as to what it is. Maybe they're too busy doing things to tell us lol

Neo-FAF feels weird... Maybe it's just lacking that snark and piss bottle threads. Good times...

Speaking of which, I remember that one cursed image Pastry sent. It's burned into my memory and I hate it.

Umbra is correct.
Most of us just entrenched ourselves in our own little tree clubhouses.

The official discord server, nor the site, are active like at all.
But the users still exist and interact in different, smaller pockets.

I think it's a normal thing. You're gonna gravitate towards talking to who you like talking to.

• Thanks 2

Hmm I guess its my time to kinda say goodbye( for now)

I had a nice time with you guys, even though there were some conflicts. xD

These years here were awesome, now I am 18 and got better at Art.(my english got better too)

I hope when the activity rises that I can do shitposts with you again

-Nova

I was trying to regain access to my FA account, but forgot the password

so I reset the password and it gets sent to my ancient account that I made when I was 5 years old 

so I try to log in, and can’t rememebr the pssword. Can’t remember password of account it’s linked to either

try guessing the password until i somehow get it right. Try to figure out how to change my password but cant, so I change my recovery email to my current one

it takes a “waiting period” to update. Try to log back into my email to confirm my FA account reset, but forgot the password to the email (:

this is real cool

5 hours ago, Faust said:

Think yourself lucky, I think someone's stolen my FA account. I've tried resetting with every email address I can ever remember using in my life, and not one of them matches it.

You should try contacting accounts@furaffinity.net

theyll probably be able to help you out. It also says at the bottom of the sign in page that passwords were reset a year or two ago so maybe that affects it

16 hours ago, Gamedog said:

You should try contacting accounts@furaffinity.net

theyll probably be able to help you out. It also says at the bottom of the sign in page that passwords were reset a year or two ago so maybe that affects it

Nope, they won't tell me what the associated email account is and I can't remember what it is, assuming the account hasn't been hacked, but they WILL tell me that someone logged into it recently - which wasn't me, and another reason I think it's been hacked.

It could just be that it was against a very, very old email account that I simply don't use any more, but I've tried all the ones I can remember.

Uggh that’s so stupid, I’m sorry to hear that 

I’ve given them all the info I’ve got. One thing they asked was to name people I have blocked.... bro I’ve got so many I can’t even remember 

I remember people creating multiple accounts just to troll me 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...