Jump to content
Sar

General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Shiro said:

Had someone have the same exact problem earlier today asking the same questions. I need to find another job or something, Walmart is a terrible company, and all the customers treat you like trash by default just because you work there. 

Oh gosh...let it be known that as annoyed as I was I did not get pissy with said walmart's employees rules, I bit my tongue and was inwardly upset that they didnt let me do it (I've done it several times before), I thanked them anyways, got my prescriptions without the syringes, and left to another company that did give me the syringes. As annoyed as I was I did not get bitchy with the employees because Im not a dickhead who treats walmart employees harder than they already have it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know those large bath tubs that are big enough for two people?

Tomorrow there won't be a soul within ten miles to bother me and I'm going to spend all day in one drinking coffee and writing dumb java apps (not including a break for showing up to work and feeding animals). I might even do some art with oil pastels. Frankly I'm not sure what that does to a person. I might turn into a salamander.

 

If you never hear from me again, I'm either a salamander or drowned.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

Pffffffft.

 

It's a clear false dichotomy anyway. 'we either keep 'em out or we have to accept anyone, even the bad guys'.

Obviously the USA is still vetting people for visas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God, I wish I could wear a kilt. I'm so sick of being oppressed by pants.

Why did we even invent pants? Does anyone like pants? And why do I have to wear a shirt in public? I need to to feel the wind in my chest hair and armpits.

I want to wear nothing but boots and kilts in public. The rogain is really helping my chest hair come out. Too bad it likes to grow in thicker in the middle, but whatever.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Brady stop winning you fucking douchenugget! God fucking dammit.

60+ years the Faclons have never won a superbowl... this could have been their Cubs moment.

Since you're buddies with Emperor Trump why don't you go celebrate by having a fucking orgy with the orange facist and get peed on by russians. You can go win together.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2017 at 1:55 AM, Jtrekkie said:

Do you know those large bath tubs that are big enough for two people?

Tomorrow there won't be a soul within ten miles to bother me and I'm going to spend all day in one drinking coffee and writing dumb java apps (not including a break for showing up to work and feeding animals). I might even do some art with oil pastels. Frankly I'm not sure what that does to a person. I might turn into a salamander.

 

If you never hear from me again, I'm either a salamander or drowned.

or maybe evolved into a proper alligator?? one can hope

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hux said:

Why did we even invent pants? Does anyone like pants? And why do I have to wear a shirt in public? I need to to feel the wind in my chest hair and armpits.

We wear clothes because the first woman ever ate an apple at the behest of a talking snake. What are you, stupid? They teach you that in first grade.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Eggdodger said:

We wear clothes because the first woman ever ate an apple at the behest of a talking snake. What are you, stupid? They teach you that in first grade.

Is the talking Bible snake a metaphor for a big ol' penis?

I'm so done with clothes. I'm just wearing penises from now on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a couple of employment advertisements at Walmart in English and Spanish. The Spanish advertisement featured a wildly grinning with a dark tan. The English advertisement featured the same wildly grinning man, only this time he was pale mayonnaise. These two signs were together on the same window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

I can't recall who exactly he's turning into, but the gif is hilarious nonetheless.

I wanna say Shang Tsung.

We'll have to see if this is just an elaborate ruse to help Shao Khan.

Don't worry, Scorpion and Sub-Zero will join up to save us from the world leaders if it is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hux said:

Is the talking Bible snake a metaphor for a big ol' penis?

I'm so done with clothes. I'm just wearing penises from now on.

 

Actually the snake is Lilith, A woman god created from dust and first wife to Adam.

Lilith and Adam's marriage collapsed because she refused to be subservient, so God created Eve. Lilith returns to Eden and gives Eve the fruit of knowledge.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Actually the snake is Lilith, A woman god created from dust and first wife to Adam.

Lilith and Adam's marriage collapsed because she refused to be subservient, so God created Eve. Lilith returns to Eden and gives Eve the fruit of knowledge.

 

 

 

Medieval satire, by the way. Just pointing that out because the history channel seems to be unaware.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Actually the snake is Lilith, A woman god created from dust and first wife to Adam.

Lilith and Adam's marriage collapsed because she refused to be subservient, so God created Eve. Lilith returns to Eden and gives Eve the fruit of knowledge.

 

 

So, Lilith pegged Adam and God was all like "bitch, what the fuck u think ur doin'" and then Eve came and Adam gave her cummies?

If being gay is a sin, then is the devil a gay trans?

I'm learning so much about history today :-)

How come dirt isn't a sediment rock?

i think im ready for collage :-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saxon said:

Actually the snake is Lilith, A woman god created from dust and first wife to Adam.

Lilith and Adam's marriage collapsed because she refused to be subservient, so God created Eve. Lilith returns to Eden and gives Eve the fruit of knowledge.

 

 

I always liked Lilith better. The snake was the best thing in that garden; who really cares about some fruit, I always thought. Yes, biting into it was all nice enough, ah, but the snake...

~~~

It reminds me of the Laurie Anderson song/performance piece: Language d'Amour

"Let's see. Uh, it was on an island. And there was this snake
And this snake had legs. And he could walk all around the island
Yes. That's true. A snake with legs
And the man and the woman were on the island too
And they were not very smart
But they were happy as clams.

Let's see. Uh... then one evening the snake was walking about
In the garden and he was talking to himself and he saw the woman
And the started to talk. And they became friends.
Very good friends.

And the woman liked the snake very much. Because when he
Talked, he made little noises with his tongue, and his long tongue
Was lightly licking about his lips
Like there was a little fire inside his mouth and the flame
Would come dancing out of his mouth
And the woman liked this very much
And after that, she was bored with the man
Because no matter what happened
He was always as happy as a clam.

What did the snake say? Yes! What was he saying?

OK. I will tell you

The snake told her things about the world. He told her about
The time there was this big typhoon on the island
And all the sharks came out of the water. Yes.
They came out of the water and they walked right into your house
With their big white teeth.

And the woman hearrd these things. And she was in love.
And the man came out and said: We have to go now!
And the woman did not want to go. Because she was a hothead.
Becasue she was a woman in love.
And this is not a story my people tell-
It is something I know myself
And when I do my job, I am thinking about these things
Because when I do my job, that is what I think about.."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So since this is all general, what's the groups opinion of French Press coffee? I ask because I'm getting one and because I'm far too lazy/unwilling to scroll up and read what led the chat to the creationism story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, U-235 said:

So since this is all general, what's the groups opinion of French Press coffee? I ask because I'm getting one and because I'm far too lazy/unwilling to scroll up and read what led the chat to the creationism story.

I prefer coffee strong enough to keep a spoon upright. A good double espresso or well boiled Turkish coffee. No creme/sugar.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, U-235 said:

So since this is all general, what's the groups opinion of French Press coffee? I ask because I'm getting one and because I'm far too lazy/unwilling to scroll up and read what led the chat to the creationism story.

 

@Huxwas mad because society makes him wear pants. 

 

About French press, I've never had one, but I have noticed that squeezing tea leaves makes tea bitter. Maybe it's the same with coffee? You should give us your opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, U-235 said:

So since this is all general, what's the groups opinion of French Press coffee? I ask because I'm getting one and because I'm far too lazy/unwilling to scroll up and read what led the chat to the creationism story.

It is time consuming but quite decent, its as good as home coffee machine coffee but saves on having to buy lots of pods each time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

I found a couple of employment advertisements at Walmart in English and Spanish. The Spanish advertisement featured a wildly grinning with a dark tan. The English advertisement featured the same wildly grinning man, only this time he was pale mayonnaise. These two signs were together on the same window.

pics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp my mom forgot pizza in the oven (It hadn't been turned on, just put in there and forgotten because she fell asleep) so surprise pizza for dinner.

 

Honestly, there are worse things to find in your oven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay okay, so it's just a football game. But damn if my friends rub it in when I'm being passionate about something for the sake of being passionate about it. Nevermind that they're obsessed about shit they never shut up about. If it's not something they're into, then they don't understand why I'm passionate about it. But call them out on their fangirl obsession with Supernatural, or some animu, or a strange fetish, or a weird hobby, or all their fursuits, and it's suddenly different.

Nop. An obsession is an obsession, and it's okay to get into things a lot.

Plus, I could give a shit about football 90% of the time. Normally I don't care about the teams. But this was a team that had never won vs Brady and his giant "I've won 4 superbowls...er I mean 5 now" ego. Everyone's like "Lets see if he can win six" and I'm like "Maybe he should retire." And the other team almost won, until nearly the end. It's like getting to 100 feet of the top of Mt Everest and then falling off.

The halftime show was awesome, especially with those drone stars in the sky. And the commercials, while most of them weren't that special, had a few decent ones. I wonder if they realized that most SB watchers can't afford an Alfa Romeo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am considering going out for lunch again. It's not a great idea; it generally mean I miss out on my walk at lunch and I doubt chicken strips are better for me than a roast beef sandwich. But... this office is so stuffy and hot (lousy winter, cruddy HVAC)  and I just don't want to eat here. I should really go for my walk, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm about to really bust my ass and try to make this next picture I'm doing more sensual than I've ever done. I hope it comes out ok. 

15 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Okay okay, so it's just a football game. But damn if my friends rub it in when I'm being passionate about something for the sake of being passionate about it. Nevermind that they're obsessed about shit they never shut up about. If it's not something they're into, then they don't understand why I'm passionate about it. But call them out on their fangirl obsession with Supernatural, or some animu, or a strange fetish, or a weird hobby, or all their fursuits, and it's suddenly different.

Nop. An obsession is an obsession, and it's okay to get into things a lot.

Plus, I could give a shit about football 90% of the time. Normally I don't care about the teams. But this was a team that had never won vs Brady and his giant "I've won 4 superbowls...er I mean 5 now" ego. Everyone's like "Lets see if he can win six" and I'm like "Maybe he should retire." And the other team almost won, until nearly the end. It's like getting to 100 feet of the top of Mt Everest and then falling off.

The halftime show was awesome, especially with those drone stars in the sky. And the commercials, while most of them weren't that special, had a few decent ones. I wonder if they realized that most SB watchers can't afford an Alfa Romeo.

I missed the super bowl entirely. I'm not a football guy, but for some reason I actually wanted to watch it this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Socketosis said:

I should like patent this or something. I'm surprised there isn't a better solution than a plunger or that bag thing on infomercials.

mJ9zh9X.png

There already is a turd processing system out there called saniflo. It's a box designed to shred your crap into bits so it can fit down small bore pipes, letting you put a loo in a place big soil pipes can't reach.

Only thing is it runs forever after you flush making a racket. And they break if you use too much loo roll.

saniflo-macerator-pump-00000570L.jpg

Also comic sans...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lopaw said:

There already is a turd processing system out there called saniflo. It's a box designed to shred your crap into bits so it can fit down small bore pipes, letting you put a loo in a place big soil pipes can't reach.

Only thing is it runs forever after you flush making a racket. And they break if you use too much loo roll.

 

This is why it needs a laser. I really feel the laser is a key component here, in terms of disintegration, and quiet operation.

~

In other news, it's almost 70 here just outside of Washington, DC, breaking some sort of record. What odd 'winter' weather. There's always a lot of hot air coming out of congress and the white house, moreso than ever, it would seem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/02/2017 at 11:26 PM, DrDingo said:

Tomorrow morning I'm competing in a cross country race

But alas, it is Friday night. Meaning I have to stay up late until the girls in my flat stop playing music really fucking loud and cease their screaming competitions

That aside,

I was talking to an athletics guy at dinner, who told me I'm completely fucked tomorrow for not having shoe spikes
And that I will fall over in the mud many many times, lose my shoes and possibly get trampled

Which is nice

I might tell you guys about it if I'm still alive following tomorrow's events

How did it go?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saxon said:

How did it go?

For the record, I really did need shoe spikes and everyone thought I was a madman for going without because the course was muddy and hilly and horrible
Also for the record, I didn't fall over. Which was damn fantastic. It was fun and the Athletics lot are all really cool

I mean, I was the newcomer and didn't know anyone that well. But all through the day people were chanting my name and egging me on

The night out was mental. We stayed out at the local student club until it closed at 4am, and I think we really pissed off the hotel manager with our loud predrinking because he threatened to evict us if we didn't move to the lobby area

All in all, top notch. They're all such lads, and it was a full-on really eventful couple days

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hux said:

Is porn addiction a real thing?

Yes.

It's probably a rule of the internet by now:

"If it exists, there's an addiction/phobia of it as well."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hux said:

Is porn addiction a real thing?

Some people are obsessed with porn to the point that they lose all their friends and employment, because they can't stop looking at it. The same applies to gambling, playing video games and so on.

But I think a lot of politicians like to imply that addiction and degeneracy is the inevitable consequence of looking at porn, and I think you'll find a lot of politicians who believe the same about playing video games, hell, the current US president actually blames the Sandy Hooke massacre on video games.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Some people are obsessed with porn to the point that they lose all their friends and employment, because they can't stop looking at it. The same applies to gambling, playing video games and so on.

But I think a lot of politicians like to imply that addiction and degeneracy is the inevitable consequence of looking at porn, and I think you'll find a lot of politicians who believe the same about playing video games, hell, the current US president actually blames the Sandy Hooke massacre on video games.

 

 

What if I'm addicted to cute boys?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Exposure therapy will be the only cure. >:C

Bring in the cute guys!

m32exxY.jpg

I need my medicine!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Endless' discord chat, :V, disappeared for some reason. Haven't heard anything on this board about it. Phoenix's official discord chat, which I figured everyone would migrate to, is empty.

I feel like I'm missing something or being left out of the loop.

 

2 hours ago, Saxon said:

But I think a lot of politicians like to imply that addiction and degeneracy is the inevitable consequence of looking at porn, and I think you'll find a lot of politicians who believe the same about playing video games, hell, the current US president actually blames the Sandy Hooke massacre on video games.

Politician believes porn leads to degeneracy. Politician believes that gays indoctrinate/rape children.

Same politician commits adultery, fucks children, looks at porn himself, goes to strip clubs, picks up male prostitutes for buttsecks, and probably has a bdsm fetish with a fat hairy male dominatrix.

isn't politics fun.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

So, Endless' discord chat, :V, disappeared for some reason. Haven't heard anything on this board about it. Phoenix's official discord chat, which I figured everyone would migrate to, is empty.

I feel like I'm missing something or being left out of the loop.

It got splintered off into a few groups where friends invited friends. Pretty common stuff. 
The people running the server got tired of dealing with people. 
It was more or less a "well this is garbage, time to make it go away."
among other reasons.

Guess you'll just have to hope another group invites you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

I want to bake brownies in a toaster oven

My middle class white-as-the-driven-snow (in more ways than one) friend is ecstatic his family is getting a toaster oven.
He's weird.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Donald Trump's election almost all political discussions I have had have involved engaging with people who think climate change is a leftist conspiracy, who think that vaccinations cause autism, and dismiss anybody who tried to convince them otherwise as a Marxist.

Society has gone full retard.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Saxon said:

... who think that vaccinations cause autism ...

I did once know someone who claimed to have scientific evidence that overuse of strong antibiotics on the extremely young could cause autism. I never saw this research myself, but she seemed a pretty thorough researcher on her pet topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Faust said:

I did once know someone who claimed to have scientific evidence that overuse of strong antibiotics on the extremely young could cause autism. I never saw this research myself, but she seemed a pretty thorough researcher on her pet topic.

I did a search for this and found one paper published in medical hypotheses (Fallon 2005) which said autistic children were disproportionately likely to have a medical case history with ear infections, and the authors then suggested that the antibiotic augmentin used to treat the infections could be neuro-toxic by way of a urea poisoning pathway. 

However a subsequent letter in medical-hypotheses replied to the paper in 2006 (Casavant 2006), pointing out that there was no control group in Fallon 2005 and they contest that, using the same methodology, it would be possible to prove that wearing velcro shoes causes autism, because in the cohort of children sampled, most of them wore velcro shoes. Casavant then goes on to show that there is no evidence linking augmentin to urea poisoning or urea poisoning to autism. 

http://www.medical-hypotheses.com/article/S0306-9877(05)00518-9/pdf

I can't find any suggestion of antibiotics being causatively associated with autism anywhere else, so I get the impression that this hypothesis is wrong.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly I don't know the sources of her information, but she'd mainly researched around gut bacteria rather than ear infections. I suppose she might have drawn on that report tangentially?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...