General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

1 hour ago, Socketosis said:

This actually makes me hate otters a little bit. They killed him for sport and he was completely helpless! You're lucky it wasn't a dog! :V

Monkeys arent any less cruel either (Dont fuck with otters, mustelids arent just cute)

That said, the video above are sea otters from what Ive read. Sea otters are my least favorite because from what Ive read they commit some shitty violent acts for sport, like rape and necrophilia. Males sea otters are prime offenders.

That said, not all otters portray that behavior for sure (although they are quite vicious, you shouldnt mess with their young or them in any way). Maybe not all sea otters either, but that's my take on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

That said, the video above are sea otters from what Ive read. Sea otters are my least favorite because from what Ive read they commit some shitty violent acts for sport, like rape and necrophilia. Males sea otters are prime offenders.

Yeah, birds and dolphins (yes, dolphins!) are prime rape offenders too.

"Akak! Akakakakakak! Akak!"

"What's that flipper, you say I've got a pretty mouth?!"

• Like 1

Just now, Faust said:

Dolphins are intelligent and fun but male pods of them will gang rape other animals '^_^

Lion males will also kill cubs sometimes to drive a female into estrus (hence why females stay away from males during this time)

Nature is a cruel bitch, people like to forget the bad parts exist because cute , as well as wanting to see good in the natural world and demean humanity for being awful, but the bad totally does exist. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Faust said:

Yeah, dolphins crossed the line for me. I remember reading about a dog that was stranded at sea, and he kept trying to swim to shore, but some dolphins kept dragging him back out for funsies. This went on for over an hour if I recall before the dog was rescued.

10 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Monkeys arent any less cruel either (Dont fuck with otters, mustelids arent just cute)

Well yeah, I'm not a big fan of monkeys because they are closer to us, and in the same way do shitty things like us. However, I don't like seeing them die viciously for no reason.

Just now, Socketosis said:

Yeah, dolphins crossed the line for me. I remember reading about a dog that was stranded at sea, and he kept trying to swim to shore, but some dolphins kept dragging him back out for funsies. This went on for over an hour if I recall before the dog was rescued.

Well yeah, I'm not a big fan of monkeys because they are closer to us, and in the same way do shitty things like us. However, I don't like seeing them die viciously for no reason.

They did just harass those otters and it wasnt nice, the otters didnt attack for no reason in that one case

There's also some species of rodent or burrowing animal (forget what) where males rape the female babies because they want to be the first to inseminate them.

People romanticize the fuck out of animals and how shitty they can be towards each other.

2 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

They did just harass those otters and it wasnt nice, the otters didnt attack for no reason in that one case

I think those are different videos of possibly different monkeys and otters that someone threw together. However, they probably were up to no good. I'm not really sure why they weren't separated in a different enclosure.

4 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

I think those are different videos of possibly different monkeys and otters that someone threw together. However, they probably were up to no good. I'm not really sure why they weren't separated in a different enclosure.

>.> I might not have paid attention well enough. But I guess it still stands monkeys are also cruel, and sea otters in general tend to be.

I agree I was really confused why they put them in the same enclosure, I guess they assumed they would mind their own business since they live in two different areas.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

Vaetendo and Ozsoft need to stop with their broken fucking games and day one patches. 

I wouldn't have to break my games so much if they'd stop being little bitches.

• Like 4

@WolfNightV4X1 @Socketosis

Those otters were actually Asian small-clawed (like me :v), and they've had a different species primates in their enclosure before and they got along fine without incident. Then they changed to those and the monkeys kept harassing them until they ganged up on them and drowned one of them.

21 hours ago, DrDingo said:

What the hell just happened

My alarm didn't go off and woke up at 2:53pm

It's a damn good thing I don't have lectures until later today

8 hours ago, DrDingo said:

Time to go to sleep

"Alarm set for 2 hours 58 minutes from now"

Oh my god what the fuck happened

Well there's your problem

---

By the way, if you sleep only 3 hours but no more, it should be easier to get up the bed because of how our sleeping stages work

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snagged Cub said:

Well there's your problem

---

By the way, if you sleep only 3 hours but no more, it should be easier to get up the bed because of how our sleeping stages work

You're completely correct.

I feel so energised even though I'm running on barely any recent sleep

35 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

You're completely correct.

I feel so energised even though I'm running on barely any recent sleep

That's odd...I also slept 3 hours, and two double espressos later, I still feel like maybe I'm just dreaming that I'm at work...I think I need more like 8 to 9 hours of sleep. Well, not always, but ideally. Plus, it's a cheap hobby.

Band teacher from my old high school died. I didn't have his class since I wasn't in band, but I've spoken to him on many occasions. Very good and pretty fun person to be around.
He was one of the instructors there who really gave it his all in teaching his students conceptual understanding and inspiring/encouraging them. He'd let me sit in his class sometimes during my lunch since it was a huge room and I didn't disturb anyone so I'd overhear to his lectures (hearing the kids practice was better than hearing a fight in the cafeteria). Didn't understand the technical bits, but he was clearly very engaged with their learning. I knew many of the band kids and most of them that continued with their musical studies directly credit him for their passion and ambition in the field.

My friend was devastated this morning and I found out why. Such a goddamn shame. He will be very missed.

• Like 7

• Vae pinned this topic