SEVEN TWO NINE

IT APPEARS TWICE IN SENTENCES.TXT IN HALF LIFE 1

THAT CAN ONLY MEAN

THAT

HL3

WILL RELEASE

IN JULY OF 2029

Totally worth the wait.

I'll be eagerly awaiting it, assuming that I don't die or the world ends.

• Like 1

i woke up to find a nice, balanced plate waiting for me in the kitchen.  there was a ham, a rice with beans, and some vegetable matter.  it looked so nice and i was excited to find food... but i didn't eat the vegetables.  my body did not want them and neither did i.  maybe later, broccoli.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gator said:

i woke up to find a nice, balanced plate waiting for me in the kitchen.  there was a ham, a rice with beans, and some vegetable matter.  it looked so nice and i was excited to find food... but i didn't eat the vegetables.  my body did not want them and neither did i.  maybe later, broccoli.

No broccoli means no desert. >:C

10 minutes ago, Gator said:

THERE'S NO DESSERTS IN THE HOUSE ANYWAY

...i'll have to make one.  and i'm still not eating the broccoli YOU CAN'T MAKE ME

Broccoli is great in stir-fries if you want to find a way to make it palatable by the way lol.

29 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Broccoli is great in stir-fries if you want to find a way to make it palatable by the way lol.

as long as it's cooked soft enough.  i hate when it's in the stir fry but it's still, like, semi-hard.  eugh

24 minutes ago, Vae said:

Motherfuckers act like broccoli and cheese ain't a thing.

it is a thing, but it's a gross thing

Broccoli: It also seems like younger, more freshly picked Broccoli is a lot better, like when it starts to show up in the garden, if you garden, or at the local farmer's market. I'm very eager to see the first local MD/VA/PA veggies this year; the Safeway near us is an abomination of wilted, withered, bespotted and dubious produce, and the only thing walkable.....

Fortunately, the farmer's markets on Weds and Sunday start in April, and I can then have a lot more variety.

But back to broccoli:

21 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I'll have you know that steamed broccoli with butter and salt is the best thing in the world.

Yep!

29 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I'll have you know that steamed broccoli with butter and salt is the best thing in the world.

*gag*

i like raw broccoli with vinegar.  i just can't really eat it any more because my body says stop it

I want to go to this small island, Lipari, Sicily, where each night in the distance, you can watch a Volcano erupt, on another nearby island. That, and for the sun, and nude beaches, and to have it just be clear blue water all around, and just eat whatever is local and perhaps stay a month, if I could, to break my ties from this life, here, and heal.

22 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I want to go to this small island, Lipari, Sicily, where each night in the distance, you can watch a Volcano erupt, on another nearby island. That, and for the sun, and nude beaches, and to have it just be clear blue water all around, and just eat whatever is local and perhaps stay a month, if I could, to break my ties from this life, here, and heal.

That sounds wonderful

• Like 1

I've already come across comments from people using the recent attack in Westminster to justify their hatred of refugees. This is very confusing because there isn't any suggestion that refugees from any nation were involved.

Even if they had been required to ask customers, I am sure they would have hidden the question inside a 20 page document of terms and conditions that no human will ever read.

• Like 1

This is going to have to be a double post, because it's so hilarious.

I found a verse in the bible that claims god turns people gay out of spite, if they don't worship him:

"25 They... worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts... Men committed shameful acts with other men,"

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+1%3A25-27&version=NIV

I guess this means that Christianity is the true religion, because that shit is so stupid that you couldn't make it up.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Saxon said:

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts... Men committed shameful acts with other men,"

Not to play Jesus' advocate or anything, but did you misinterpret "gave them over to shameful lusts" as God waved a magic wand and turned them gay because they didnt worship him?

Because "gave them over" reads more like a free will sort of thing, he let them go to do their thing away from him and let the people doom themselves to damnation by acting on their nature (Which personally I think is homophobic stuff written by the homophobic culture, but eh(

TLDR I dont think that means people were made out to be gay out of spite...they just were and did it on their own

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Saxon said:

This is going to have to be a double post, because it's so hilarious.

I found a verse in the bible that claims god turns people gay out of spite, if they don't worship him:

"25 They... worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator

I guess this means that Christianity is the true religion, because that shit is so stupid that you couldn't make it up.

Cherry picking the bible is such a fun past-time isn't it? <:

I have no interest in starting a religious debate circle jerk. So as a Christian I'll simply comment that this is a passage by Paul (whom most anti-gay bible verses come from) and he was talking about the Romans (IE Gentiles) giving themselves over to idolatry and sexual perversion as part of their pagan worship. God wasn't "making people gay." He was saying, "You wanna reject me, worship false gods and act like sluts? So be it. Reap the consequences of your own actions."

To quote C.S Lewis, "There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, ‘Thy will be done,’ and those to whom God says, ‘Thy will be done.’ All that are in hell chose it."

As WolfNight mentioned~  its a free will thing. God gives people over so that they will experience the ruin of their sin and call out to him for salvation.

The origin of the word 'Christianity' meant, "little Christ." Because his followers attempted to emulate Jesus Christ. And as a Christian myself, its in that sense that I attempt to model my life. While Paul had many strong opinions, Jesus is the final word of the matter. And his word was to love each other, don't judge each other, try not to be a dickwad, acknowledge your own imperfection and seek God as a result. That's all. All sins are equal in the eyes of God and everyone has sin so dick waving and trying to act holier than anyone else is idiotic and Christians that do do it are missing the point Jesus was trying to make.

But that's just my opinion.

And on a less serious note~

1428849260-20150412.png

1428849260-20150412after.png

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Not to play Jesus' advocate or anything, but did you misinterpret "gave them over to shameful lusts" as God waved a magic wand and turned them gay because they didnt worship him?

Because "gave them over" reads more like a free will sort of thing, he let them go to do their thing away from him and let the people doom themselves to damnation by acting on their nature (Which personally I think is homophobic stuff written by the homophobic culture, but eh(

TLDR I dont think that means people were made out to be gay out of spite...they just were and did it on their own

If your free will interpretation is correct it would imply that God intervenes with believers' free will to prevent them from falling into depraved homosexual desires.
This would be silly too, although it would also knock a hole in the entire 'evil exists because of free will' argument, because it implies that God is capable of interfering to prevent evil that would result from free will.

1 minute ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

Cherry picking the bible is such a fun past-time isn't it? <:

I have no interest in starting a religious debate circle jerk. So as a Christian I'll simply comment that this is a passage by Paul (whom most anti-gay bible verses come from) and he was talking about the Romans (IE Gentiles) giving themselves over to idolatry and sexual perversion as part of their pagan worship. God wasn't "making people gay." He was saying, "You wanna reject me, worship false gods and act like sluts? So be it. Reap the consequences of your own actions."

To quote C.S Lewis, "There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, ‘Thy will be done,’ and those to whom God says, ‘Thy will be done.’ All that are in hell chose it."

As WolfNight mentioned~  its a free will thing. God gives people over so that they will experience the ruin of their sin and call out to him for salvation.

The origin of the word 'Christianity' meant, "little Christ." Because his followers attempted to emulate Jesus Christ. And as a Christian myself, its in that sense that I attempt to model my life. While Paul had many strong opinions, Jesus is the final word of the matter. And his word was to love each other, don't judge each other, try not to be a dickwad, acknowledge your own imperfection and seek God as a result. That's all. All sins are equal in the eyes of God and everyone has sin so dick waving and trying to act holier than anyone else is idiotic and Christians that do do it are missing the point Jesus was trying to make.

But that's just my opinion.

If you have to ignore authors and quotations whose message you don't agree with, then aren't you cherry picking in order to make this text look favourable?

Honestly every criticism I've ever seen mounted at religious texts has been dismissed as cherry picking. Apart from biblical slavery of course; people are fucked in the head enough to try to defend that.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Saxon said:

If your free will interpretation is correct it would imply that God intervenes with believers' free will to prevent them from falling into depraved homosexual desires.
This would be silly too, although it would also knock a hole in the entire 'evil exists because of free will' argument, because it implies that God is capable of interfering to prevent evil that would result from free will.

If you have to ignore authors and quotations whose message you don't agree with, then aren't you cherry picking in order to make this text look favourable?

Honestly every criticism I've ever seen mounted at religious texts has been dismissed as cherry picking. Apart from biblical slavery of course; people are fucked in the head enough to try to defend that.

I refer to cherry picking because you took a small snippet quote out from a rather long dictation by Paul on the state of the Roman people and acted as if it was word of God stating that God makes people gay as punishment.

The bible isn't a rule book. Its a collections of historical stories relating to God. Not every passage in it is a play by play of how to live your life. The only true authority to dictate how to live your life is God. So its rather hard to go wrong when you follow Jesus's word as he is God.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

I refer to cherry picking because you took a small snippet quote out from a rather long dictation by Paul on the state of the Roman people and acted as if it was word of God stating that God makes people gay as punishment.

The bible isn't a rule book. Its a collections of historical stories relating to God. Not every passage in it is a play by play of how to live your life. The only true authority to dictate how to live your life is God. So its rather hard to go wrong when you follow Jesus's word as he is God.

To be honest, I think the entire idea that moral authority would be dictated by a God, even if one existed, is completely donkey balls anyway.

If God wanted me to kill my son* or cut his foreskin off**, those things would still be ethically repugnant.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binding_of_Isaac
**https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+17

I'm guessing those direct dictations from the true authority of God (which is apparently your standard for something being moral) are also just cherry picking, even though millions of boys still get their genitals mutilated because plenty of religious followers are screwed up enough to believe that they need to scar their genitals to satisfy Abraham's promise to God.

20 hours ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

You stop right there.

You stop that nonsense right this instant.

Do not spread such lies.

Go to your room. 

There are no lies here! I should send you to the corner for trying to defend garbage food! 

Ahahaha do not get me started on a foreskin debate V;

In the interest of sparing everyone a long medical nerd post from me about dongs (I've gone down that circular path too many times with Clayton in the past) I'm not going to bite that bait.

and as for Isaac. That very question has been debated by religious scholars for centuries and most take it as either a test of loyalty or a means to demonstrate to the Jewish people that the practice of human sacrifice is abhorrent and not to be done. Either way the sacrifice itself was not carried out and stopped by God as well.

Something your link actually states and makes me think maybe you haven't done your homework on the matter? <;

Anyway. I know that I'm not going to change your opinion on religion and I'm sure you know you're not going to change mine.

So I propose that we'll simply have to agree to disagree.

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Saxon said:

To be honest, I think the entire idea that moral authority would be dictated by a God, even if one existed, is completely donkey balls anyway.

If God wanted me to kill my son* or cut his foreskin off**, those things would still be ethically repugnant.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binding_of_Isaac
**https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+17

I'm guessing those direct dictations from the true authority of God (which is apparently your standard for something being moral) are also just cherry picking, even though millions of boys still get their genitals mutilated because plenty of religious followers are screwed up enough to believe that they need to scar their genitals to satisfy Abraham's promise to God.

I was seriously wondering why you were linking the Binding of Isaac video game... Oh me.

What I don't get is why God never directly dictated his laws to the people. It's always through messengers/his son. Like, is he surprised when people are skeptical of this?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

Ahahaha do not get me started on a foreskin debate V;

In the interest of sparing everyone a long medical nerd post from me about dongs (I've gone down that circular path too many times with Clayton in the past) I'm not going to bite that bait.

and as for Isaac. That very question has been debated by religious scholars for centuries and most take it as either a test of loyalty or a means to demonstrate to the Jewish people that the practice of human sacrifice is abhorrent and not to be done. Either way the sacrifice itself was not carried out and stopped by God as well.

Something your link actually states and makes me think maybe you haven't done your homework on the matter? <;

Anyway. I know that I'm not going to change your opinion on religion and I'm sure you know you're not going to change mine.

So I propose that we'll simply have to agree to disagree.

giphy.gif

The fact that you even think there is a debate to be had about scarring boys' genitals is terrifying, but I think you've missed the point about the binding of Isaac.
It's presumptuous to assume I don't know God intervened to prevent Isaac's death. I used to be a Christian, so...you know...don't do that, it's tiresome. (But maybe I only fell from my Christian grace because I wasn't brainwashed educated regularly enough?)

If a god wanted people to prove that they were so loyal that they would murder children for him, then that god is evil. Like, actually think about what you're defending.

I was seriously wondering why you were linking the Binding of Isaac video game... Oh me.

What I don't get is why God never directly dictated his laws to the people. It's always through messengers/his son. Like, is he surprised when people are skeptical of this?

Yeah also eventually found myself confused that an all powerful god is only capable of communicating through self-important mentally ill people who proclaim themselves to be prophets, after leaving Christianity.

I thought an all powerful god would just like, beam his instructions and irrefutable proof of his existence directly into everybody's brains and have done with it.

• Like 1

<mod post>
Keep it civil, or leave the debate.
Shitting on an entire religion is something we haven't tolerated in the past, and we're not going to tolerate it now.
</mod post>

@Saxon You've reported people for the same behavior you're displaying towards Garth in persisting on him after he's expressed wanting to drop the conversation.
Stop that shit.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Saxon said:

The fact that you even think there is a debate to be had about scarring boys' genitals is terrifying.

The fact that you, someone I've always taken as very married to science and carefully thought out discourse, thinks that there's no room for discussion on the matter is rather sad. By the by my opinion on circumcision has nothing to do with my religious beliefs and entirely to do with my studies in biology and my medical training.

As for Isaac...

21 minutes ago, Saxon said:

... but I think you've missed the point about the binding of Isaac.
It's presumptuous to assume I don't know God intervened to prevent Isaac's death. I used to be a Christian, so...you know...don't do that, it's tiresome. (But maybe I only fell from my Christian grace because I wasn't brainwashed educated regularly enough?)

If a god wanted people to prove that they were so loyal that they would murder children for him, then that god is evil. Like, actually think about what you're defending.

joke-over-head.jpg?w=660

I do believe you've missed my point entirely regarding Isaac and your homework, but that's fine. I can tell your mind is made up on how you interpret that story and I have the feeling nothing I say will change that. I wont spit into the wind by dragging this debate further.

Y'all have a great day!

Smiling-Dog.png

• Vae pinned this topic