General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

1 hour ago, Tsuujou said:

Why didn't you give him the 1-2-buckle my shoe? The 2 piece and a biscuit? The ol' Sam I Am?

I don't want to hurt an animal, I am scared the animal will hurt me, the animal may be highly stressed, I am worried the animal might be rabid

6 hours ago, SirRob said:

I don't want to hurt an animal, I am scared the animal will hurt me, the animal may be highly stressed, I am worried the animal might be rabid

rabies is a mammal thing.  TOUCH THE GOOSE

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gator said:

rabies is a mammal thing.  TOUCH THE GOOSE

Really? Birds can't get rabies? I didn't know that! I learned something today, thank you!

Of course, it could be infested with any number of other diseases. I know at least that pigeons carry diseases and should be treated with caution.

2 hours ago, SirRob said:

Really? Birds can't get rabies? I didn't know that! I learned something today, thank you!

Of course, it could be infested with any number of other diseases. I know at least that pigeons carry diseases and should be treated with caution.

which is sad cause pigeons are bae

• Like 1

We only managed to get one of the after-hours monitoring laptops to connect to the network. The primary monitor couldn't get his but I could get mine. We tried his credentials on the working laptop and it'll work as long as it isn't fully shut down. Soooooo, he's taking the laptop and I don't have to provide support monitoring tonight! 8D

Never in my life was I thinking I'd be raising gross roaches But since we got Rio my beardie it's been a good idea to have a ton of them in bulk as feeder insects. She's too young to eat crickets or superworms since they contain too much chitin for her to healthily ingest, so I resigned to getting those for her as substenance.

The baby ones dont actually bother me, they could crawl on me and I wouldnt mind. The medium sized ones are still a little creepy but Ive learned to pick them up by pinching their soft back shells in two fingers to avoid the prickly dangly legs. The adults terrify me though and Ive yet to pick them up in any way successfully without flinching if at all, their shells are harder and more segmented and they have large prickly legs and ew ew ew. 

All that said I dont mind dubias as much as gross american pest roaches (or any pest variarion thereof). I actually dont hate all roaches that much and I kind of am intrigued by the Madagascar hissing roach. I imagine if I ever told anyone I had about 1,000 roaches in a container in my home I could see the look of horror in their face.

• Like 2

My friends talking about girls:

Friend 1: "Whats up with you and the girl you were talking to?"
Friend 2: "You realize she got a whole husband, my dude?"

Me: OH! A WHOLE husband. Not a half of one. Not 0.4. Not 1/6. Her husband is a whole number.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Hewge said:

I remember when your sona was just one of those "I'm a wolf, but not" characters, @FenrirDarkWolf
I am proud of you... you were young at first, but you are growing. We just need to work that last 10% out of you.

Work it out HARD.

One day I'll just be an otter and then every one of my screen names will be a lie.

10 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Never in my life was I thinking I'd be raising gross roaches But since we got Rio my beardie it's been a good idea to have a ton of them in bulk as feeder insects. She's too young to eat crickets or superworms since they contain too much chitin for her to healthily ingest, so I resigned to getting those for her as substenance.

The baby ones dont actually bother me, they could crawl on me and I wouldnt mind. The medium sized ones are still a little creepy but Ive learned to pick them up by pinching their soft back shells in two fingers to avoid the prickly dangly legs. The adults terrify me though and Ive yet to pick them up in any way successfully without flinching if at all, their shells are harder and more segmented and they have large prickly legs and ew ew ew. 

All that said I dont mind dubias as much as gross american pest roaches (or any pest variarion thereof). I actually dont hate all roaches that much and I kind of am intrigued by the Madagascar hissing roach. I imagine if I ever told anyone I had about 1,000 roaches in a container in my home I could see the look of horror in their face.

AUGH THE ONES WITH WINGS

my rule for bugs is if they're any bigger than one of my fingernails, they may not have long prickly legs or gross looking wings.  if they pass those requirements, they must also not have the potential to bite, pinch, irritate, and/or sting me.  also, they shall not cling to me or have very noticeable compound eyes or mouthparts.  then and only then would i conceivably touch them.  mantises are iffy as far as whether or not they're an exception; i love them from a distance, but even they can be really gross looking or scary up close.  e__e  they're the roach's passably attractive cousin; you don't realize they're related until it's too late.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Gator said:

-snip-

Most bugs don't bother me. Most of the time I even pick them up with my hands to move them outside (except things that look like they'd fucking hurt, like wolf spiders and wasps)...

But roaches? They freak me the fuck out. I don't even know why, but it's almost a primal and instinctive fear and disgust.

On that note, aerosol flea poison? Works on more than just fleas. Kills roaches and wasps just as good as Raid.

14 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

Most bugs don't bother me. Most of the time I even pick them up with my hands to move them outside (except things that look like they'd fucking hurt, like wolf spiders and wasps)...

But roaches? They freak me the fuck out. I don't even know why, but it's almost a primal and instinctive fear and disgust.

On that note, aerosol flea poison? Works on more than just fleas. Kills roaches and wasps just as good as Raid.

oh god fleas, don't remind me...

i used to have an outright phobia of roaches.  like, panic/cry/throw up.  i don't know where it came from, either, but after having them in the house for so many years it went away on its own lol.  i still won't touch them, but who the heck would?

5 hours ago, Gator said:

AUGH THE ONES WITH WINGS

my rule for bugs is if they're any bigger than one of my fingernails, they may not have long prickly legs or gross looking wings.  if they pass those requirements, they must also not have the potential to bite, pinch, irritate, and/or sting me.  also, they shall not cling to me or have very noticeable compound eyes or mouthparts.  then and only then would i conceivably touch them.  mantises are iffy as far as whether or not they're an exception; i love them from a distance, but even they can be really gross looking or scary up close.  e__e  they're the roach's passably attractive cousin; you don't realize they're related until it's too late.

The good thing about these wings is they dont seem to use them actually, all they really do is crawl around looking gross (theyre poor climbers too they cant even climb plastic or glass surfaces).

Most insects in the wild I dont have a problem with because I dont go around touching most wild insects rather then just looking at them. I still like a lot of insects most people hate anyways (mainly spiders and beetles)

The minute they  reach home territory and are super gross, potentially harmful, or the infesty type then they are definitely going to die (or go outside...)

Tried logging in from a new computer, and decided to type the URL directly but typed phoenix.corvidae.net instead of .org, and was completely panic stricken when it returned an error. Phew

32 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

Thanks internet, I almost forgot I had to fucking breathe

I always hate when I become self-aware of my own breathing, because when I manually breathe for a while I think like, oh my god what if I never automatically breathe again (and have to manually breathe for the rest of my life!)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

My friends talking about girls:

Friend 1: "Whats up with you and the girl you were talking to?"
Friend 2: "You realize she got a whole husband, my dude?"

Me: OH! A WHOLE husband. Not a half of one. Not 0.4. Not 1/6. Her husband is a whole number.

He's the full package. I bet he even has a working pair of hands and opposable thumbs!

8 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

The good thing about these wings is they dont seem to use them actually, all they really do is crawl around looking gross (theyre poor climbers too they cant even climb plastic or glass surfaces).

Most insects in the wild I dont have a problem with because I dont go around touching most wild insects rather then just looking at them. I still like a lot of insects most people hate anyways (mainly spiders and beetles)

The minute they  reach home territory and are super gross, potentially harmful, or the infesty type then they are definitely going to die (or go outside...)

OH GOOD.  there are enough flying roaches already

i will kill ants, roaches, and wasps with a vengeance.  most other stuff gets let outside.  especially spiders; seeing them die makes me legit sad ;v;

• Like 1

So, I'm debating to myself whether it's worth spending the $90 for pre-reg sponsorship badge at the local furry con in a week. Mind you, sponsorship AT THE DOOR was $70 last year, and now it's $20 more for pre-reg, and $25 ($95) at the door. Why the fuck the sudden higher price? $5-10 jump I can understand, but $25? In any case, regular admission is $40 pre-reg, and $45 at the con.

Pros to Sponsor badge:
- Sponsor lounge.
- Sponsor lounge has free food. (Food options locally include McDees, TacoHell, a coney island, Chilis, Big Boy, a hibachi place, and I think some Mexican restaurant)
- Sponsor lounge has free BEER. (beer is locally made craft beer, not budweiser piss shit)
- Also, you get a shirt and a mug. yay.

Cons to sponsor badge:
- The food at the sponsor lounge has been pretty basic in the past. Lunch is bread, sliced meats, cheese, pb, jam, make your own damn sandwich. Dinner's not that hot either.
- I don't drink heavily, although i do want to get a bit drunk on Friday. However, you cannot leave the sponsor's lounge with the beer. Which hurts because there's a room party on Friday and it's BYOB.
- I really don't care about the shirt and mug, really.

I mean, considering I'd spend $20+ a day on food at the local restaurants, the sponsor's lounge may be a better deal if I can ignore the basic buffet-style food options. I'll have to do maths and figure this shit out.

3 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

Everyone in this thread about roaches

1480783497.gabshiba_gab_44.gif

that's why I go high-tech.

Shoe? Fuck outta here.

Instead I use aerosolized neurotoxins that paralyze and suffocate these little hellspawn in some of the most painful ways imaginable, and it's done from a safe distance.

2 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

So, I'm debating to myself whether it's worth spending the $90 for pre-reg sponsorship badge at the local furry con in a week. Mind you, sponsorship AT THE DOOR was $70 last year, and now it's $20 more for pre-reg, and $25 ($95) at the door. Why the fuck the sudden higher price? $5-10 jump I can understand, but $25? In any case, regular admission is $40 pre-reg, and $45 at the con.

Pros to Sponsor badge:
- Sponsor lounge.
- Sponsor lounge has free food. (Food options locally include McDees, TacoHell, a coney island, Chilis, Big Boy, a hibachi place, and I think some Mexican restaurant)
- Sponsor lounge has free BEER. (beer is locally made craft beer, not budweiser piss shit)
- Also, you get a shirt and a mug. yay.

Cons to sponsor badge:
- The food at the sponsor lounge has been pretty basic in the past. Lunch is bread, sliced meats, cheese, pb, jam, make your own damn sandwich. Dinner's not that hot either.
- I don't drink heavily, although i do want to get a bit drunk on Friday. However, you cannot leave the sponsor's lounge with the beer. Which hurts because there's a room party on Friday and it's BYOB.
- I really don't care about the shirt and mug, really.

I mean, considering I'd spend $20+ a day on food at the local restaurants, the sponsor's lounge may be a better deal if I can ignore the basic buffet-style food options. I'll have to do maths and figure this shit out.

You talking about MCFC? I bought the sponsor badge this year, pre reg price though. Last years food was okay, the sloppy joes were pretty good. Its the beer selection that I want. The list looks pretty good. I don't get a lot of the east side craft beers over here. Some of its 20%, plus they have a limited supply of mead.

I will say though I still like to by a meal at the hotel restaurant as well. Breakfast is blah, but lunch and dinner food is great. And I want to support the hotel. (The staff are great).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glowing Glass said:

Never in my life have I seen a buggy driving in a 20 mile radius of the town I live in.

I don't even know what it's doing here. It has no windshield so it shouldn't even be legal to drive here.

IMG_0942.JPG

I see them on occasion around here. I think our state has a special classification as "recreational vehicle"

I find it a bit confusing that when Americans discuss nationality or culture that they often uniformly agree that America is the best country in the world.
The British often do this too, because we routinely use the phrase 'Great' to imply that Great Britain reigns superior.

It would be almost as silly as the Dutch complimenting themselves on living in the best country on Earth...except they don't do that because they realise what a self-congratulatory waste of time that would be and that the notion of a 'best' country is so poorly defined that it isn't meaningful. At best we can state with at least some confidence that countries like France and Australia are better places to live than Venezuela or Uzbekistan, because a vast disparity in the standards of living exist between such nations.

When it gets to the point of trying to decide whether Denmark is better than New Zealand, it's just a waste of time though.

• Like 1

• Vae pinned this topic