General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

7 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Its frustrating because I want to make sure I make everyone happy while moderating, but I've come to realize that that's extremely hard to do. That almost always someone is going to be upset at something you do. And that sucks.

Welcome to moderating literally anything involving a lot of people.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 9:41 PM, Tsuujou said:

TeamSpeak was a dated clumsy interface that you had to pay to have just one server.
Discord is a clean, intuitive modern interface that isn't a hassle to find and join friend servers and you can make/join tons of servers absolutely free. 
TeamSpeak also doesn't let you embed gifs and videos and shit which you can choose to allow Discord to do among a few other things that made TS super painful to use in my experience.

But the main thing is that Discord is totally free if you don't want Nitro for a way smoother, updated, seamless service with more features.

My pals and I still use Teamspeak, but I have no idea why we haven't switched to Discord yet, as it's infinitely better.

I also pay like 3 bucks a month for server rental, and it only supports 10 people

On 9/1/2017 at 0:33 AM, Battlechili said:

Speaking of Discord, running a large server on it has made me realize that moderation isn't all its cracked up to be. Sure, you have personal control over how your own server is run, but at the same time, you've gotta deal with the different interests of different people on what they want the server to be, complaints, etc. 

Its frustrating because I want to make sure I make everyone happy while moderating, but I've come to realize that that's extremely hard to do. That almost always someone is going to be upset at something you do. And that sucks.

In one of the servers I'm in, there are really few rules. Basically, don't be a dick.
As in, stop catcalling the girls in the calls, and stop screaming racial slurs. 
You'd think they'd be able to control themselves.

That being said, Discord has a wonderful suite of moderation options that are truly top-notch.

(btw calling it that a mod is going to read these and be just sigh and shed a tear at our hypocrisy)

...so you remember back at the end of May when I said a tornado dropped a tree on my house? Yeah it still isn't fixed. Mortgage company decided to pick a fight over the insurance money and are holding it hostage, so this whole time I've only had power in two rooms -- kitchen and bedroom.

Kinda like going camping without leaving home really.

0906171031-00.thumb.jpg.ea33e508d9abd2b5d51cd029f0c8bf23.jpg

tfw shitting by lanternlight

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

...so you remember back at the end of May when I said a tornado dropped a tree on my house? Yeah it still isn't fixed. Mortgage company decided to pick a fight over the insurance money and are holding it hostage, so this whole time I've only had power in two rooms -- kitchen and bedroom.

Kinda like going camping without leaving home really.

0906171031-00.thumb.jpg.ea33e508d9abd2b5d51cd029f0c8bf23.jpg

tfw shitting by lanternlight

That's just crazy.

• Like 1

Earlier today, my boss and a colleague were talking about folks who are into cosplay and such. Little do they know that I have a fursuit, that I've sporadically posted furry art online since the early 2000s, or that I've been to a furry convention. I've also been into comics for most of my life. It's strange to think that I caught them off guard when I recognized steampunk and pointed it out. After all, how could a guy like me possibly know about such things?

Normies. 9_9

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xaende said:

Earlier today, my boss and a colleague were talking about folks who are into cosplay and such. Little do they know that I have a fursuit, that I've sporadically posted furry art online since the early 2000s, or that I've been to a furry convention. I've also been into comics for most of my life. It's strange to think that I caught them off guard when I recognized steampunk and pointed it out. After all, how could a guy like me possibly know about such things?

Normies. 9_9

freak...

2 hours ago, Deskai said:

I'm just here waiting for Irma to come visit, have some tea, then go on her way as Jose the guy she's avoiding is coming

And here we have the best way to view the weather in America.

In other news, screw you dresser door.

Slamming on my finger. 

Asshole.

So a couple months ago my brother gave me his old motherboard, with a quad core processor and 8GB RAM. I'll need to get a bunch more shit before I can make use of it (probably even a new case because the heatsink is the size of a fucking softball) but I found out the RAM is compatible with my current board, so I now have 3GB RAM (I'm fucking autistic about leaving XP so I can't use more than 3GB)

8 hours ago, fennecbyte said:

Any chance of finding the 64-bit version of XP somewhere?

Well, I do have a copy of Win7 waiting on me, but it's held back by a bunch of other shit.

My computer is a fucking spaghetti ball; when I upgraded it originally I was upgrading from I think a 1ghz P4 with two hard drives, and not wanting to lose anything (notably a lot of hard-to-find games I no longer had install files for) I ghosted both hard drives onto the single new one with a dual partition.

I've decided that when I do upgrade, I'll do a full wipe, and I'm planning to get a small SSD for the OS itself and keep using the mechanical for games etc.

• Like 2

I'm lying in bed right now and I'm having a thought that I often think

See, I really enjoy this downtime alone. I can recharge, think to myself and feel free. Time alone is really nice sometimes.

But when people are married in permanent relationships, they have to give this up don't they? The amount of time people have in solitude to chill and refresh really runs short if you do the conventional thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrDingo said:

I'm lying in bed right now and I'm having a thought that I often think

See, I really enjoy this downtime alone. I can recharge, think to myself and feel free. Time alone is really nice sometimes.

But when people are married in permanent relationships, they have to give this up don't they? The amount of time people have in solitude to chill and refresh really runs short if you do the conventional thing.

I always ponder about that. I suppose it's good to find someone who doesn't mind letting you have time on your own occasionally.

• Like 1