General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

On 10/19/2017 at 7:39 PM, Jtrekkie said:

It's Friz Freleng! That's awesome, I've never seen that cartoon.

That is funny. I always loved those cartoons. As I recall, they'd show them along with Pink Panther and The Inspector ones, and such.

It's odd, I have wondered, do kids still get excited about cartoons on Saturday? I am guessing not, as they can just acces them anytime, now, so they are not as special/unique as they used to be, in some sense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

Yo, I'm not even gonna use the acronym for this. Just gonna spell it out plainly. I am laughing my ASS off right now at this. 
This man is fucking BAKED.

I have learned today that smoking too much weed turns you into a dolphin.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fossa said:

There's a marathon going down our street today...walking to the store, it was hard to cross the street again with my frozen pizzas, soda and other (oh so healthy) groceries!

You should have gotten a few cokes or cheap ice creams and tried to give them to the runners.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

You should have gotten a few cokes or cheap ice creams and tried to give them to the runners.

I know, right? As it wore on, I found out our block was in the last few miles, and the 'runners' got slower and slower. Part of me did wanna pass out hot dogs, Cheetos and ice cream cones!

And a few hours after it ended, and normalcy resumed, the ice cream truck went though by...it's curious, to hear these still, they seem as if from a distant past. Working on one, hearing that same little musical jingle over and over again must get tiresome!

• Like 1

The primary impetus for me upgrading to Win7 in the first place was because STALKER (with the SWM mod) ran out of memory and crashed every ten minutes...

...but because I played other games in the meantime, now that I actually can run STALKER-SWM without crashes, I've lost interest in it.

I am stuck on this buoyancy related question  and it’s frustrating me because if I screw up and get this wrong I’ll ruin my grade for the course:

A sub has a total mass of 9,000,000 kg including crew and equipment. The vessel consists of two parts, the pressure hull with a volume of 6500 m^3 and the ballast tanks which have a volume of 3000 m^3

What percentage of the sub’s volume is above the water surface when the tanks are filled with air?

How much water in cubic meters must be admitted into the tanks to give the sub neutral buoyancy?

(Negate the mass of air in the tanks and use 1.025 as the specific gravity of seawater.)

If anybody can solve this tell me, I have posted this on many discord servers and they all got me differing answers.

It makes the thermodynamics stuff I put here a year ago look like a cakewalk.

At the end of the week I'll be getting on a plane with 8 people, some I only vaguely know, and leaving for Ukraine, because some guy mentioned it in passing last fall. We'll be spending some time helping a local church operate what is essentially a fun camp orphans- unless we don't. Then we'll do something else. I never make any commitments like this, so it feels odd to be part of a group. And if you didn't already know Americans don't often travel so this is a relatively big deal for me.

There's been nearly a year of preparations on my part (as well as four or five years of vague intentions) but I still feel woefully unprepared. Still, everything has come together in the last couple of weeks so I'm sure everything is fine. If I come back with any pictures I might dump them in a thread somewhere.

• Like 6

On 10/26/2017 at 3:35 PM, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

Today at HEMA practice I would've had my cock cut off by a knife had it been real. Really makes a man think about getting appropriate gear to prevent this.

Man, that would be a bad day...

3 hours ago, Nova said:

Something horrible happened, my mom broke her leg and some of her ribs.

She fell down a ladder and hit chair while falling causing some ribs to break.

I hope she is fine, she is in hospital now.

Holy shit, that IS a bad day! Best of luck to her...

I had a pretty blah, easily forgettable kind of day today. But the view from my balcony was nice when I got home:

IMG_0393.thumb.jpg.458ec3775724f83aefaa2ddc6e82ae20.jpg

• Like 1

Can't say much has happened,

Though I drank too much coffee on an empty stomach a while ago and I'm still getting jitters (it fucked up my blood sugar level a lot). Good news is I got some homework and work on a project done. Also, I've been on needles for about two and a half weeks waiting to hear back from a potential job (they said it'd take two and a half to possibly three and a half weeks to get back to me since they've been going to various career fairs conducting interviews). I'm really really hoping for a yes from them. The job seems to really be up my alley, and I'd like to have the security of knowing I've got a job after I graduate. Plus I'd finally have enough money to actually buy stuff (HOOZAH! Fursuit here I come).

• Like 1

Gimme gimme chicken tendies,
Be they crispy or from Wendys.
Spend my hard-earned good-boy points,
on Kid's Meal ball pit burger joints.
Mummy lifts me to the car,
To find me tendies near and far.
Enjoy my tasty tendie treats,
in comfy big boy booster seats.
McDonald's, Hardee's, Popeye's, Cane's,
But of my tendies none remains.

She tries to make me take a nappy,
But sleeping doesn't make me happy.
Tendies are the only food,
That puts me in the napping mood.
I'll scream and shout and make a fuss,
I'll scratch, I'll bite, I'll even cuss!
Tendies are my heart's desire,
Fueled by raging, hungry fire.
Mummy sobs and wails and cries,
But tears aren't tendies, nugs or fries.

My good-boy points were fairly earned,
To buy the tendies that I've yearned.
But there's no tendies on my plate!
Did mummy think that I'd just ate?
"TENDIES TENDIES GET THEM NOW, YOU FAT, UNGRATEFUL, SLUGGISH SOW!"
I screech while hurling into her eyes,
My foul, bowel-dwelling diaper surprise.
For she who is un-pooped on is she who remembers:
Never forget my chicken tenders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/27/2017 at 12:48 AM, Socketosis said:

Bots?

On 10/27/2017 at 8:57 AM, Cham said:

Oh heck, if they are I hope they get nipped in the bud faster than they are at FA. >_<

Usually when those happen, they don't get past the reg screen anyway.
I've had fun just sitting and watching them get hung up there for over an hour. It's almost adorable.

We generally have pretty good efficiency in firebombing the shit out of them when they actually manage to get through, anyway.

Offtopic: The forum software seems to have gotten a surprise update. Nice.

1 hour ago, Dr. Doggo said:

I was gonna ask about that, what's in it?

its slightly prettier for sure

A small list of reactions replacing the likes, for one.  I'm not sure whether I like it or not, and I haven't checked to see if it's customizable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, ArielMT said:

A small list of reactions replacing the likes, for one.  I'm not sure whether I like it or not, and I haven't checked to see if it's customizable.

It takes the passive aggressive nature of 'likes' to a whole new level, certainly : P

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, fennecbyte said:

I'm already missing the "go to top" button here.

The plug-ins are still enabled, and turning them off and back on again didn't get it to appear.  I'd have to guess they're incompatible, and we just need to wait for the plug-in authors to update them.

Edited by ArielMT
Good job glitching out, forum!
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ArielMT said:

The plug-ins are still enabled, and turning them off and back on again didn't get it to appear.  I'd have to guess they're incompatible, and we just need to wait for the plug-in authors to update them.

I'll need to find myself a Bluetooth home button for my phone soon, then.

• Confused 1

I applied to a company to get an industrial placement job next year, right, and they sent me an email last week saying they would send me an online test to complete as part of the next stage
3 days pass and nothing, so I chase them up about it
Now it's been a week and I get an email saying it should have sent. It hadn't, not even in a spam or junk folder.

And to rub it in I just got an email saying my application will be cancelled if I don't complete the test within 3 days. The test that they haven't sent me yet

Rip my job chances, they said earlier applications have a greater success rate and I'm probably gonna lose it because someone couldn't send an email.

1 hour ago, DrDingo said:

I applied to a company to get an industrial placement job next year, right, and they sent me an email last week saying they would send me an online test to complete as part of the next stage
3 days pass and nothing, so I chase them up about it
Now it's been a week and I get an email saying it should have sent. It hadn't, not even in a spam or junk folder.

And to rub it in I just got an email saying my application will be cancelled if I don't complete the test within 3 days. The test that they haven't sent me yet

Rip my job chances, they said earlier applications have a greater success rate and I'm probably gonna lose it because someone couldn't send an email.

My best suggestion. Contact the person in HR, explain that you've yet to receive the test, copy the email you just got about the expiration, and hopefully they'll respond sooner than later. I'd flag it as important to see if that helps get their attention.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

What

Ukraine's currency.

40 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

Returned to the US today, many hryvnia poorer but we'll hatted, and with a kiss.

Sounds like you really had fun over there.  Welcome back!

Edited by ArielMT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2017 at 11:35 AM, Chaosmasterdelta said:

Going to see if I have enough stuff that I won’t miss to sell at a pawn shop or wherever you go to sell stuff.

Pawn shop isn't the best idea; you don't get good prices there. The idea there is to get a sort of loan on your stuff with the prospect of buying back later. 

If you just want to make some money, try eBay or something like that. 

So this is totally random, but anyone ever get a random desire to dance? I suck at dancing quite honestly, but after drinking a macchiato, thinking I finally might've understood my project, and listening to this on replay:

I really kind of want to dance. Idk, I think I need the semester to be over  (the senioritis is strong with this one).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, U-235 said:

So this is totally random, but anyone ever get a random desire to dance? I suck at dancing quite honestly, but after drinking a macchiato, thinking I finally might've understood my project, and listening to this on replay:

I really kind of want to dance. Idk, I think I need the semester to be over  (the senioritis is strong with this one).

Absolutely. Who doesn't? Besides, you don't have to dance well to have fun anyway.

• Thanks 1