Jump to content
Sar

General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

What

Ukraine's currency.

40 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

Returned to the US today, many hryvnia poorer but we'll hatted, and with a kiss.

Sounds like you really had fun over there.  Welcome back!

Edited by ArielMT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2017 at 11:35 AM, Chaosmasterdelta said:

Going to see if I have enough stuff that I won’t miss to sell at a pawn shop or wherever you go to sell stuff.

 

Pawn shop isn't the best idea; you don't get good prices there. The idea there is to get a sort of loan on your stuff with the prospect of buying back later. 

 

If you just want to make some money, try eBay or something like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this is totally random, but anyone ever get a random desire to dance? I suck at dancing quite honestly, but after drinking a macchiato, thinking I finally might've understood my project, and listening to this on replay:

I really kind of want to dance. Idk, I think I need the semester to be over  (the senioritis is strong with this one).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, U-235 said:

So this is totally random, but anyone ever get a random desire to dance? I suck at dancing quite honestly, but after drinking a macchiato, thinking I finally might've understood my project, and listening to this on replay:

I really kind of want to dance. Idk, I think I need the semester to be over  (the senioritis is strong with this one).

Absolutely. Who doesn't? Besides, you don't have to dance well to have fun anyway.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

Absolutely. Who doesn't? Besides, you don't have to dance well to have fun anyway.

 

7 minutes ago, Hewge said:

Just dance if you want to

I would have, though I was also in the middle of the library.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Plants said:

sc4.thumb.jpg.6e90cdcd7d4736ee3ec7a6b8e5162c14.jpg 

sc5.thumb.jpg.4caafbb27fa17fa7f118bfcb97e8d054.jpg

There's some discourse in the sciences building 

As someone who is an engineer, I can tell you, be an engineer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, U-235 said:

As someone who is an engineer, I can tell you, be an engineer.

Tbh I'm considering it. I'm a bio undergrad student but bio/medical/environmental engineering are all pretty cool 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Plants said:

Tbh I'm considering it. I'm a bio undergrad student but bio/medical/environmental engineering are all pretty cool 

 

source.gif

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

Maybe we only pine over the past because we know we wasted it the first time around.

Except me. I can go back and change my past at will.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tsuujou said:

Except me. I can go back and change my past at will.

ac2.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone from here that actually still checks these forums go to MFF this year? I did not attend but I heard I missed the fun and drama. No chlorine chemical warfare, but some more minor things.

The biggest news was that Confederate Fursuit guy,  Magnus Diridian, was arrested by the police. The stated reason was that he was banned from MFF, and when he was spotted at the con, that was trespassing thus the cops came to drag him away. He also didn't pay for a badge. The best part was that he was wearing a WW1 German military outfit, complete with spiked German helmet, and doing Nazi salutes and screeching something in German. Or likely what he THOUGHT was German and was probably just a load of made up words that sounded German. My advice is just sing Rammstein lyrics, that would trigger enough people. But seriously, dressing up in WWI military wear but acting like Nazis that didn't show up until over a decade later? Sounds about right for him.

It gets better. Police had to remove the fursuit in order to arrest him. Turns out he was naked underneath. Of course he was. So the police covered him with a blanket while they escorted him out to their cars.

Also, I heard that someone pulled the fire alarm on Thursday in the main hotel. Not sure if there was an actual fire. Also, one of the overflow hotels had to stop being an overflow hotel and had to kick all the smelly furries out a week before con, so people had to scramble for accommodations.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Anyone from here that actually still checks these forums go to MFF this year? I did not attend but I heard I missed the fun and drama. No chlorine chemical warfare, but some more minor things.

The biggest news was that Confederate Fursuit guy,  Magnus Diridian, was arrested by the police. The stated reason was that he was banned from MFF, and when he was spotted at the con, that was trespassing thus the cops came to drag him away. He also didn't pay for a badge. The best part was that he was wearing a WW1 German military outfit, complete with spiked German helmet, and doing Nazi salutes and screeching something in German. Or likely what he THOUGHT was German and was probably just a load of made up words that sounded German. My advice is just sing Rammstein lyrics, that would trigger enough people. But seriously, dressing up in WWI military wear but acting like Nazis that didn't show up until over a decade later? Sounds about right for him.

It gets better. Police had to remove the fursuit in order to arrest him. Turns out he was naked underneath. Of course he was. So the police covered him with a blanket while they escorted him out to their cars.

Also, I heard that someone pulled the fire alarm on Thursday in the main hotel. Not sure if there was an actual fire. Also, one of the overflow hotels had to stop being an overflow hotel and had to kick all the smelly furries out a week before con, so people had to scramble for accommodations.

I don't even know who that is, yet somehow it doesn't surprise me at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hola random people. So for those of you who have mastered (or are at least confident) at dancing, where did you learn it from? Did you take lessons, just teach yourself and practice a shit ton? I'm genuinely curious because I really want to learn how to dance. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while, but I never had the time to do it. Now that I'll be entering the job world soon, I'll have more time on my hands, so I'm wanting to know how I can usefully put it towards learning how to dance. Also I feel that as a furry it's a requirement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I genuinely feel bad for the Military in STALKER.. Everyone is in the Zone by choice -- except the Military. They signed up expecting to maybe rake dirt for four years and then get college paid for...

 

then all of a sudden they get voluntold to go guard radioactive vodka in literal hell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have got stuck on this very hard  trigonometry and waves related question on my engineering maths unit. If I don’t have this done by Monday I’ll ruin my final grade.

I wrote the functions it asks you to use from the last question into the limited room I had. If anybody solve with working both part a and b I’ll be thankful.

4268D5B2-3A43-4610-A4AB-3C987570F9E9.jpeg

I have seen this sort of compound angle related stuff in A-level maths books, that’s how hard it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

friend of mine was joking about wanting to shoot some dog in FFXV with the rocket launcher and I made a comment about "Old Yeller directed by Michael Bay"... and now I want to see that.

 

You see the dog get taken behind the shed and then there's just a fucking explosion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished breaking into someone's car.

download.jpeg.97307c76de83a71330f0580ea933e9ff.jpeg

 

srsly tho some idiot locked their keys in their car. I ended up supplying all the tools -- flashlight, two crowbars, and my truck's antenna (rip) -- and between myself, her friend, and the small crowd of good Samaritans that kept showing up one after another, we eventually got it unlocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That happened to a friend of mine once, at a university meet-up in Cambridge. I said I'd help sort it out, so we were walking up and down the student accommodation campus looking for a piece of wire or a wire coat hanger to jimmy the door with. Completely randomly we met a young couple, apparently totally naked, sitting under a duvet on a public bench at the side of the road. So, naturally, we asked them 'Do you have a coat hanger?' - feeling a bit daft because why would naked people have clothes hangers?

They said 'There's one.'

My friend thought they were pulling our legs, but no. Completely, bizarrely and randomly there was an old-fashioned wire coat hanger just lying there on the pavement not five metres away. So we said thanks and went and broke into his car.

It is possibly the most surreal experience I have ever had.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm cracking up because i just remembered some of my dad's (many) hare-brained ideas for a final solution to the squirrel problem (aka making them not fuck with the bird feeders)

he dismantled a microwave and was fucking with the magnetron (aka the thing that makes the spaghetti go boom) and suddenly he pipes up with this scheme of wanting to mount the magnetron on a remote control mount with a camera so he can nuke squirrels every time they fuck with his bird feeder

he also wanted to take the motor out of a clothes dryer and mount the bird feeder to it on the end of a vertical pole, again with camera and remote control, so when they fuck with it he can show Kim Jong Un what a REAL ballistic missile program is

 

he never actually brings these ideas to fruition but they're still funny as hell to imagine

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My cheap-ass speakers and headphones are picking up interference from FM radio stations but it's really faint (kinda like a TV on the far side of the house) and it's making STALKER really fucking creepy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2017 at 9:55 PM, Victor-933 said:

My cheap-ass speakers and headphones are picking up interference from FM radio stations but it's really faint (kinda like a TV on the far side of the house) and it's making STALKER really fucking creepy.

I almost wish my cheap headphones at my current setup did that, all they do is crackle depending on how much the GPU is being used :C

I suppose it'll make the much better pair currently in storage seem that much better when I can actually unpack ;33

3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

I AM THE INTERNET QUEEN! AH HA HA HA HA!

usage.png

Got anything juicy new anime worth watching?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Got anything juicy new anime worth watching?

Some.  It's a combination of upgrading files on my server for better quality ones, just downloading full BDMVs and making my own REMUX's if I can.  (I also just got the full Nadesico blu-ray set from an online sale and REMUXed them) and then going to find 'Old, classic, stand out anime that I missed out on' and slowly adding that to my Queue.  So I have things like Magic Knight Rayearth, Maison Ikkoku, or Princess Nine on deck too, along with other stuff not yet sorted into the server till I finish the queue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Some.  It's a combination of upgrading files on my server for better quality ones, just downloading full BDMVs and making my own REMUX's if I can.  (I also just got the full Nadesico blu-ray set from an online sale and REMUXed them) and then going to find 'Old, classic, stand out anime that I missed out on' and slowly adding that to my Queue.  So I have things like Magic Knight Rayearth, Maison Ikkoku, or Princess Nine on deck too, along with other stuff not yet sorted into the server till I finish the queue.

Yayyyy, most of them haven now been added to the list ;3333

8 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

A happy new year for everyone. 

You too old boy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Yayyyy, most of them haven now been added to the list ;333

A lot of these older anime just run on SO long though.  Maison Ikkoku will be the longest anime I've ever watched at like 96 eps start to finish.  I'm sure some people have watched HUNDREDS of Naruto, Pokemon, DragonBall, or One Piece, but I got into anime around 2000-2001 when a lot of 'big shows' ran 13-54 eps.  Escaflowne, Bebop, Evangelion, Gundam Wing, stuff like that.  Sailor Moon ran long but I've never watched it End to End either.

But it is nice to go back and see what I missed.  I recently finished the El Hazard OVA which was only 7 eps. :)  That's a lot easier to dig into than some longer series.  When I finish Ikkoku I'm considdering Ramna 1/2 but that's nearly 200 eps. @_@

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

A happy new year for everyone. 

The difference between one year and the next is less than a second.

So, Happy 12/31/2017;  23:59:59.[...]9 PM + 00:00:00.[...]1 s  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

A lot of these older anime just run on SO long though.  Maison Ikkoku will be the longest anime I've ever watched at like 96 eps start to finish.  I'm sure some people have watched HUNDREDS of Naruto, Pokemon, DragonBall, or One Piece, but I got into anime around 2000-2001 when a lot of 'big shows' ran 13-54 eps.  Escaflowne, Bebop, Evangelion, Gundam Wing, stuff like that.  Sailor Moon ran long but I've never watched it End to End either.

But it is nice to go back and see what I missed.  I recently finished the El Hazard OVA which was only 7 eps. :)  That's a lot easier to dig into than some longer series.  When I finish Ikkoku I'm considdering Ramna 1/2 but that's nearly 200 eps. @_@

More added to the list. If you liked Sailor Moon you'll love Tokyo Mew Mew which is only 52 episodes long and has eng sub and dub versions available on youtube. Koutora-san is good too and has about a dozen episodes on youtube.

Kids these days have a much shorter attention span than what they used to have, and they're more likely to use more than one device at once. Adults are heading in the same direction it seems.

Still how could one say no to Pokemon which has not one, not three, but two ratties ;333333

250px-019Rattata.png250px-020Raticate.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

More added to the list. If you liked Sailor Moon you'll love Tokyo Mew Mew which is only 52 episodes long and has eng sub and dub versions available on youtube. Koutora-san is good too and has about a dozen episodes on youtube.

Kids these days have a much shorter attention span than what they used to have, and they're more likely to use more than one device at once. Adults are heading in the same direction it seems.

Still how could one say no to Pokemon which has not one, not three, but two ratties ;333333

I've actually only see a few episodes of Pokemon and that was when Bill Clinton was president. :P  Obviously I'm not trying to see 'Every Anime' cause that's silly but I do want to see some of the 'Must See's' and such.  Titles that had significant impacts... Or at least made it into the thumbnails of countless weeb forums. :P  ...But it's a nice alternative to just trying to keep up with a CRAP TONNE of 13 ep series that come out every 4 months today.  (And I STILL followed 10 current series this past season. O.o )

One thing I'm trying to consider is 'How much counts as 'I've seen that'?  I am downloading SOME  of Tenchi Muyo, that series started with some OVAs but it actually has multiple UNIVERSES with their own canons for some crazy reason.  So should just ONE canon's OVA's count?  With El Hazard I learned from a Podcast that only the original 7 ep OVA is worth watching, where the end is later retconned to allow for a less good follow up TV series and other OVAs.  Meanwhile some series do just have compilation movies that can sum things up.  Why watch the very first Mobile Suit Gundam series when three movies sum up the entire 50 ep series and cut out all of the fluff/mecha of the week nonsense?  Another example is Urusei Yatsura.  That is 196 eps of early 1980's anime and it def stood out as it's character 'Invader Lum' turned up on SO many early weeb sites but... Maybe I can just watch the first movies?  Honestly the series REALLY doesn't sound like my thing but I'd like to gain a PASSING understanding?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

I've actually only see a few episodes of Pokemon and that was when Bill Clinton was president. :P  Obviously I'm not trying to see 'Every Anime' cause that's silly but I do want to see some of the 'Must See's' and such.  Titles that had significant impacts... Or at least made it into the thumbnails of countless weeb forums. :P  ...But it's a nice alternative to just trying to keep up with a CRAP TONNE of 13 ep series that come out every 4 months today.  (And I STILL followed 10 current series this past season. O.o )

In that case you simply must watch Tokyo Mew Mew as it had a massive impact, it even has a thumbnail on a furry forum and probably anime forums:

MV5BNTE5NDc1ZmYtNjAyYi00MmYzLWE0MjMtMTYz

Psycho-Pass also has a thumbnail and it is eerily reminiscent of modern society in some ways:

2e3d5e0f13da8c0eced54b573d883f0a14733589

3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

One thing I'm trying to consider is 'How much counts as 'I've seen that'?  I am downloading SOME  of Tenchi Muyo, that series started with some OVAs but it actually has multiple UNIVERSES with their own canons for some crazy reason.  So should just ONE canon's OVA's count?  With El Hazard I learned from a Podcast that only the original 7 ep OVA is worth watching, where the end is later retconned to allow for a less good follow up TV series and other OVAs.  Meanwhile some series do just have compilation movies that can sum things up.  Why watch the very first Mobile Suit Gundam series when three movies sum up the entire 50 ep series and cut out all of the fluff/mecha of the week nonsense?  Another example is Urusei Yatsura.  That is 196 eps of early 1980's anime and it def stood out as it's character 'Invader Lum' turned up on SO many early weeb sites but... Maybe I can just watch the first movies?  Honestly the series REALLY doesn't sound like my thing but I'd like to gain a PASSING understanding?

Watching a series/movie or reading just a small part of something just to get a passing understanding has never been my thing. Given the sheer amount of stuff I just get what I feel like at the time and either see it to completion or until I get tired of it.

Some of the Pokemon movies aren't that bad, if you don't watch them the ratties will get sad ;(((((((((((

7ee19d65f415edee91ffab636a2b1d8d.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×