General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

6 hours ago, Ckiimyir said:

Post your currently go-to song right now, make us eargasm at your divine musical taste

There's been a bunch of songs that have made me peen go solid everytime but I'll put the newest one a friend showed me (I've been liking this group so much)

4 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Aye bitches I got a new laptop after 4 years 

It's not exactly "new" in terms of hardware (2011 15-inch MacBook Pro) but it's new to me and it was a much needed upgrade. No bulli for using macOS I was too lazy to put Linux on it

Tbh unless you're gaming theres a good argument to be made that the older shit is better- cheaper and less packed full of garbage like cortana

• Like 2

On 5/25/2020 at 10:23 AM, Silo said:

Does anyone here have a Roomba?

I was thinking about getting one, but I don't know how good they actually are.

My family has one, but we keep forgetting to use it, lol. 

It takes longer to clean than just vacuuming the house ourselves, but usually I just turn it on and let it run around when I'm in my room or something. 

It seems to do a decent job, but we have all hardwood floors. I have it vacuum the living room rug sometimes too. Sometimes it gets stuck on the kitchen mats (they're not fuzzy, just thick anti-fatigue type mats and it sometimes gets stuck between the edge of the mat and the cabinet). 

Also it seems to take longer if there's a bunch of chairs in the room, since it tends to just go around and around the chair legs, lol. 

Other than that it's pretty okay. I can turn it on and off from a phone app, and it tells me of it gets stuck or needs emptying. My dogs are scared of it which is fine, they stay out of its way, hahaha. 

Not really sure what else to say about it, other than I think it's cute. :v

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ckiimyir said:

ohhhhh lol now i feel stupid for asking

pretty crazy shit though, it's almost becoming a regular thing to have these massive riots happen every few years there in MURRICA. first it was for that Brown guy, then when Trump won and now this. imagine if he wins again this year what're they gonna do next lol

I doubt it's gonna happen, just because I was under the impression that even the repubs hate the orange man now because he does a lot of dumbass shit, and says a lot of dumbass shit that just comes back to make their own team look bad.

Could be wrong though. Idk.

I'm not surprised shit has broken down. People are angry and full of free time after being laid off / fired / losing their businesses after all this Covid shit. And people have had a problem with the way shit in this country is enforced for a long time. It's probably just the final straw.
I've been watching livestreams of it though. My friend even heard shots being fired from his apartment complex in the city he lives.
So it's pretty goddamn crazy.

If this isn't the beginning of a new civil war in the states, it's evidence that we're gonna have one sooner or later.
Even though I have no faith in that actually accomplishing anything, considering how heavily armed the govt is. They'll have things to fall back on if they get desperate enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vae said:

If this isn't the beginning of a new civil war in the states, it's evidence that we're gonna have one sooner or later.
Even though I have no faith in that actually accomplishing anything, considering how heavily armed the govt is. They'll have things to fall back on if they get desperate enough.

I don't think there'll be any, kinda like the WW3 paranoia.

Still, the government's current actions show that they haven't learned a damn thing since the 1992 LA Riots.

I'm voting for Biden, though disappointedly.

I couldn't bear another 4 years of Trump, and I've been told that one should vote for who they most want to fight against in the government, and that resonated with me. Would rather be fighting against Biden than Trump, as much as Biden sucks.

16 hours ago, Ckiimyir said:

Not to ask in a contestatory manner (I'm not even 'MURRICAN) but what has Biden got going for him anyway? Not much, right? I mean I think people will vote for him because they hate Trump, and that's it. Isn't he just another rich guy or something

Not much, admittedly.

He does want to make college free for people under a certain income bracket, and I dig that.

15 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

You are getting 4 more years of Trump because no one is going to physically leave their house to cast a vote for Joe Biden.

that's what vote by mail and absentee ballots are for

what scares me is that you may not be wrong. Just as Hillary was unpopular as hell no one really wants Biden. I'm only voting for him cause I feel like he'd be easier to push left than Trump would; not cause I actually like him as a candidate.

6 hours ago, Battlechili said:

that's what vote by mail and absentee ballots are for

what scares me is that you may not be wrong. Just as Hillary was unpopular as hell no one really wants Biden. I'm only voting for him cause I feel like he'd be easier to push left than Trump would; not cause I actually like him as a candidate.

I may not be wrong? lmfao

I have been the most consistently correct person on this place since it first sprang into existence; my skills of prognostication are unrivaled under heaven.

Trump is the incumbent and has an energized voter base; Biden has nothing - he is John Kerry with dementia.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2020 at 9:05 PM, CrazyTundraWolf said:

Of all the places you could spam your garbage, why a more or less dead furry forum?

It's all the same in the quest for more SEO juice.

The more dead gay forums you manage to peddle your links on, the better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 4:37 AM, Ckiimyir said:

Anyway, what vidya are you niggaz hyped for?

Cyberpunk 2077. 

Also interested to see how badly Bethesda is going to fuck up the next TES title.  

And I heard that basically everyone moved to Discord or something. 

Anyone mind sharing some server links?

There is an official one that still exists, but it's p much dead.
People might post in there once in a very odd while.

EDIT: If people still want an invite, DM me.
I just need to make sure you've been on in a recent timeframe, because invites are one-use, one-day expiration only.

• 1 month later...

Do you guys like discussions?

In 400 words or more, explain why or why not. You have 1 hour to type an initial response.

Then respond to 3 other users in at least 100 words. I'm looking for critical thinking, so do not just respond with "yes" or "no".

7 hours ago, Silo said:

In 400 words or more, explain why or why not. You have 1 hour to type an initial response.

Then respond to 3 other users in at least 100 words. I'm looking for critical thinking, so do not just respond with "yes" or "no".

Sometimes.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Silo said:

Fuk u I'm not in high school anymore I'm not doing your homework 😤

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Silo said:

ur gay lmfao pwned

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Vae said:

Sometimes.

16 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Fuk u I'm not in high school anymore I'm not doing your homework 😤

12 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

ur gay lmfao pwned

These are not responses that promote meaningful discussion at Peenix. I will be removing 1 point off your total grade for this week.

I want to see all three of you in my Zoom office hours.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...