Hillary Clinton is your new president, so you can stop arguing now.

Rassah

3 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Flush it down the toilet and see which way they water spins.

WE GOTTA DO CONTROLLED TESTS. Then we can publish it as a journal article: Buck, 0 & Revates, R 2016, 'The direction of toilet water in each hemisphere', Journal of Bitcoinology, vol. 420, no. 69, pp. 7-11

• Like 1

Just now, Revates said:

WE GOTTA DO CONTROLLED TESTS. Then we can publish it as a journal article: Buck, 0 & Revates, R 2016, 'The direction of toilet water in each hemisphere', Journal of Bitcoinology, vol. 420, no. 69, pp. 7-11

Well use Canadian Tire money as the control group. 

We'll also use some money from central Africa which is essentially worthless so we can study the placebo effect. 

*puts on lab coat and welding mask*

Let's get ready to make science. 

• Like 1

Just now, #00Buck said:

Well use Canadian Tire money as the control group. 

We'll also use some money from central Africa which is essentially worthless so we can study the placebo effect. 

*puts on lab coat and welding mask*

Let's get ready to make science. 

We need to amass a wealth of worthless currencies, luckily for you. I have AUD in excess B)

READY TO MAKE SCIENCE AND HISTORY BABY!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Revates said:

We need to amass a wealth of worthless currencies, luckily for you. I have AUD in excess B)

READY TO MAKE SCIENCE AND HISTORY BABY!

Just like penicillin was discovered by accident we may accidentally discover a cure for being a furry by rooting around in a toilet. 

• Like 1

Just now, #00Buck said:

Just like penicillin was discovered by accident we may accidentally discover a cure for being a furry by rooting around in a toilet. 

The pawsibilites are honestly boundless.

• Like 4

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 1:46 AM, Rassah said:

However, FBI has refused to prosecute her,

In regard to federal crimes in the United States of America, prosecution is not carried out by the FBI which is a law enforcement agency, this is carried out by The United States Department of Justice.  The FBI can only make recommendations to the DOJ, it has no actual control over the actions of the DOJ.  This also applies to basically every other form of prosecution in the United States at all levels of government.  Police services don't prosecute people, the various justice systems of the nation, state or county handle that. 

Signed, A Canadian who often ponders why more American's don't understand the basic functions of their government.

P.S. This is also the entire concept of the television series 'Law & Order' and is clearly explained at the beginning of every episode; "In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.", so you don't even need a kindergarten level education to have had this explained to you at some point in your life.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

This is a country of 330 million people, with gun ownership hovering around 112 guns for every 100 citizens. As an example for comparison, the US Army in its entirety, both active and reserve personnel, numbers less than one million (~990,000) and even then only a small fraction of those are actual combat arms personnel.

I'd be a little skeptical and cautious when comparing the arsenal of U.S. citizens with that of the military. My home counts as a firearm-owning household, and we own only a starter gun. Most surveys would count my grandfather's home as a firearm-owning household despite all of his arms being antique firearms that are unable to be fired.

What would be really useful for understanding something like this would be the number of citizen-held destructive devices as listed under Title 18's definitions, but there are reasons no survey - even any government survey - asks about destructive devices. Even those destructive devices still include things useless for warfare and excludes things that are not, though.

2 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

Furthermore there is the issue of the Posse Comitatus Act and Insurrection Act that hamstring military efficacy on the home front in the interests of spurring local governments towards dealing with rebellions.

Have you ever looked at those two acts or their histories?

The Posse Comitatus Act is a little remnant of post-Civil War Democrats not enjoying being forced to have fair elections and uphold every citizen's rights, and it does little more than stop somebody from using the army or air force - but not the national guard or the coast guard - to arrest somebody.

The Insurrection Act is one of the many, many, many exemptions to that act, and it has been used as the justification for almost every use of force against U.S. citizens by the army, navy, and national guard since it was created. It doesn't make it hard for the military to act as a posse comitatus; it gives them a big pass to do so, and amendments within the last few decades make it even easier.

It is one of so many exemptions  that most consider the Posse Comitatus Act to be a relic of Reconstruction as soon as it was created.

2 hours ago, Rassah said:

And Osrik, the police will most certainly be loyal to the state that wants to secede, not the Federal government, and the home field advantage actually means that military would have to shoot at their own Americans, which they may not be so willing to do. Heck, even the military may get divided, with the secession side quitting and going to fight to defend their state. Then it's even more complicated, cause it's fighting against someone in your own unit, and "blood is thicker than water" (saying as originally intended). But you're right, it'll mostly be domestic terrorism (hopefully against political/government targets only) and assassinations, among, uh, other things.

The only time in history I can recall a military uniformly refusing to act against its own was in one city in 1917 in Russia, and that's only until it finally did.

The U.S. has a history of its regular soldiers, conscripts, and national guard having no problem fighting civilians - even those unarmed. It doesn't even have such a hesitation to mention as far as I recall.

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

Signed, A Canadian who often ponders why more American's don't understand the basic functions of their government.

People just say what other people say, as they certainly couldn't check themselves. We don't live in a world where the entire U.S. Code, all Supreme Court cases, all state codes/general Statutes, most executive orders, all military laws, most military court cases, the Constitution, all state constitutions, most state supreme court cases, all county ordinances, all city charters, all city ordinances, and pretty much every other thing in every legal system that exists within or of the U.S.A. is available to literally any person with an internet connection or the means to visit a library or relevant government office, after all.

Lawyers and judges are obviously the only people allowed to view The Law by using their training key during university education and their all-access key once they earn admittance to whatever bar association.

It isn't like I can, say, look at Moyer v. Peabody in 1909 and see that the court noted, "Public danger warrants the substitution of executive for judicial process, and the ordinary rights of individuals must yield to what the executive honestly deems the necessities of a critical moment." It isn't like I can find that explained in the opinion presented by Justice Holmes, either.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

The only time in history I can recall a military uniformly refusing to act against its own was in one city in 1917 in Russia, and that's only until it finally did.

If we're talking about the whole world, there's been plenty of cases. Most recently in Egypt where the military sided with the people protesting their government over the government's orders to suppress them.

As for FBI, "prosecute," "indict," same difference to me.

7 minutes ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

In some way, with those other things I'm involved in, the revolution/civil war has started already.

Care to divulge any details?

Just all the borderline illegal stuff like making it so that anyone can have an offshore tax haven in their pocket, launder money at the push of a button, and sell anything or run a business anonymously in a way that can't be stopped by anyone. Stuff that takes away government's power of authority, or money to enforce that power.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rassah said:

Just all the borderline illegal stuff like making it so that anyone can have an offshore tax haven in their pocket, launder money at the push of a button, and sell anything or run a business anonymously in a way that can't be stopped by anyone. Stuff that takes away government's power of authority, or money to enforce that power.

Aha not quite revolutionary, more like teaching others to run things under the table. Still an interesting way to save money and operate more freely ;D

I'm hoping if it gets big enough, it'll drain governments of their revenue source, forcing them to become more corrupt and oppressive, thus turning more people against it. Baby steps :D

You know, with government wasting billions on a plane we don't need, and the Pentagon losing $1.6 trillion dollars, enough to buy every homeless person in America a million dollar mansion, with recent data about the economy going crazy, and with all the leaks showing that both our presidential candidates are batshit crazy and our election and political system is corrupt, I kinda miss that Summercat isn't here any more. He knew economics and really loved government, so it would have been interesting to see his input. He lives nearby, and apparently plans to go to my best friend's meets, so I was reminded of that whole episode, but I can't ask him in person. Believe it or not, I'm actually a really nice and polite person iRL...

1 hour ago, Rassah said:

I'm hoping if it gets big enough, it'll drain governments of their revenue source, forcing them to become more corrupt and oppressive, thus turning more people against it. Baby steps :D

You know, with government wasting billions on a plane we don't need, and the Pentagon losing $1.6 trillion dollars, enough to buy every homeless person in America a million dollar mansion, with recent data about the economy going crazy, and with all the leaks showing that both our presidential candidates are batshit crazy and our election and political system is corrupt, I kinda miss that Summercat isn't here any more. He knew economics and really loved government, so it would have been interesting to see his input. He lives nearby, and apparently plans to go to my best friend's meets, so I was reminded of that whole episode, but I can't ask him in person. Believe it or not, I'm actually a really nice and polite person iRL...

You're probably not the first black market guru to hope that happens ^__^

As for the F-35, I wonder if perhaps that money is simply being siphoned off for something else. There's no way that what's essentially a multi-role F-22 (at best) should cost that much R&D. There's also the question of why USA isn't exporting any F-22s if the F-35 is supposedly so much better than it.

I wouldn't worry much about the candidates beyond personal preference as the federal reserve/commercial banks/other big business interests already have both parties in their pockets. That being said the election over in USA is a sign of the times.

I'd love @Summercat to return as well. In my opinion both you and Summer are pretty similar in some ways, such as how you both think that large-scale organization (whether public or private) that's reliant on an unsustainable technological-based system can fix problems created by the same system. It reminds me of that other thread where the guy basically said we could solve problems created by engineering with more engineering.

Despite our differences I daresay I've warmed to you a bit over the months. Perhaps you are a polite panther IRL ;33

You know who I wish had run this year, who I think would have won very convincingly and who I would have been totally comfortable voting for?

Al fucking Gore. Like all politicians he has an up and down history, but even today he has always given off that impression of being both well-meaning and intelligent. He should have beaten Bush, and I wish he would have given it another shot this year. I have no doubt he would have probably beaten Hillary, and then when he went up against Trump, he would very blatantly win by a landslide because he doesn't have all this stupid bullshit surrounding him like Hillary does.

So yeah, I like Al Gore, I wish he could have saved us.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Eh, the last decent president America had was JFK anyway. It's been all downhill from there...

Along with LBJ, who pushed JFK's agenda successfully through congress, and nominated Thurgood Marshall to the bench, despite Johnson's various flaws. But JFK has long been a favorite, along with FDR. 

24 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Along with LBJ, who pushed JFK's agenda successfully through congress, and nominated Thurgood Marshall to the bench, despite Johnson's various flaws. But JFK has long been a favorite, along with FDR. 

Yeah I bet you like LBJ you dirty Fossa! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

You know who I wish had run this year, who I think would have won very convincingly and who I would have been totally comfortable voting for?

Al fucking Gore. 

Though he kinda staked his reputation on the global warming thing too much, especially with that Inconvenient Truth movie, where a lot of his predictions either didn't happen or turned out to be based on faulty data, so if he was a candidate, he would probably be hounded by that and nothing else. Still better than Hillary or Trump though.

• Like 1

I'm hoping dearly that the disatisfaction with this years canidates will allow for some change, and perhaps even third party canidates.

I do believe the current system of primaries does very well to deny both the canidates a chance to debate against more different views and denies the voting populace from having very much of a direct say in the presidential elections.

What would be better, I think, would be having many canidates of any party begin debates with each other and the public doing a preliminary vote that would narrow the pool down to a more reasonable number like four people of any party. This way people actually have a choice between different members of a party once the public has time in the final election to dig deep into each one. 

What occurs now is a rat race where many relatively unknown people enter into a competition that eliminates all but one before the public really has much time to delve into their particular views and statements to determine if that is who they want. Hence, the more wel known the person is the more likely they are to win even if they know absolutely nothing about being president.

Also, can we try to bring some trace of respect and restraint to these debates and other behavior? I feel like these people are intended to be chosen as the best of us, but I am sure all of us knows both a person more respectful in debates and a person who is well.... a better person. 

Shouting, interupting, logical falicies and personal attacks all serve to make a complete mockery of what should be a very formal process.

.......even if hilary clinton is likely to serve coorperations more than people there is something to be said for both her social policies and the fact she will actually be competant at her job. So take for it what you will.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

Shouting, interupting, logical falicies and personal attacks all serve to make a complete mockery of what should be a very formal process.

I can''t agree with you more about this point; the presidential election has in many ways been more like a reality television show than a political process.

• Like 5

Judging by what happened in the last eight years, I don't know if we will have much change. Obama, for whom I voted twice, won a huge victory because people were extremely against wars, government spying on its citizens, and corporatist economic policies all introduced by G W Bush. We really really hated Dick Cheney, Bush's puppet master at the time. Eight years later, those same people are defending Obama's wars, government spying on its citizens (and demonizing Chelsea Manning, Edward Snowden, and Wikileaks), and just ignoring the same continuation of those corporatist policies, while voting for basically a female version of Dick Cheney, who is just as much of a warhawk as he was.

Basically, I think people are too divided into teams and are too adversarial, defending their party while hating the other, regardless of what it does, even if it flips and does what they hated the other party for doing previously.

Even more gloomy is that even in Venezuela the people are divided with half supporting Chavez and Maduro. When the results of our politician's actions result in terrible things, they just blame someone else, and unfortunately the people go along with it. Venezuelans and Russians believe the terrible economic situation they're in is all America's fault despite it being their own governments which nationalized their oil industries, built their economies on top of it, and made promises they couldn't afford from that oil revenue, and then it was Saudi Arabia that flooded the market with cheap oil, not America. And even Hillary is blaming any negative publicity that comes out about her on Russia and her supporters are eating it up.

On 10/21/2016 at 8:37 AM, Lucyfish said:

Al fucking Gore. Like all politicians he has an up and down history, but even today he has always given off that impression of being both well-meaning and intelligent. He should have beaten Bush, and I wish he would have given it another shot this year. I have no doubt he would have probably beaten Hillary, and then when he went up against Trump, he would very blatantly win by a landslide because he doesn't have all this stupid bullshit surrounding him like Hillary does.

So yeah, I like Al Gore, I wish he could have saved us.

Al Gore has had very little real political relevance in recent years (then again Trump has had zero political relevance ever, but that's something else entirely), and the idea of Hillary presidency is something that the DNC has been actively pushing and preparing for since 2012.

Why do you think she had no real challengers outside of Bernie Sanders, or why the DNC actively attempted to sabotage his campaign (as the leaked DNC emails proved was happening)?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Al Gore has had very little real political relevance in recent years (then again Trump has had zero political relevance ever, but that's something else entirely), and the idea of Hillary presidency is something that the DNC has been actively pushing and preparing for since 2012.

Why do you think she had no real challengers outside of Bernie Sanders, or why the DNC actively attempted to sabotage his campaign (as the leaked DNC emails proved was happening)?

I know it was rigged in her favor lol I'm not dumb :B

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rassah said:

Venezuelans and Russians believe the terrible economic situation they're in is all America's fault despite it being their own governments which nationalized their oil industries, built their economies on top of it, and made promises they couldn't afford from that oil revenue

There's not much else in Venezuela apart from viscous oil and some agriculture. Russia has for some time relied on raw material exports and some manufacturing, nationalized or private.

14 hours ago, Rassah said:

it was Saudi Arabia that flooded the market with cheap oil, not America.

According to the BP review of world energy, when the price of oil tanked in 2014 the middle east's exports were 19945/thousand barrels daily, down from 20000/thousand barrels daily in 2013. Middle Eastern oil exports went a bit higher in 2015, however their percentage increase from the previous year was well in line with historical percentage increases for the last 15 years. In fact their yearly percentage increase has been going down on the average since around 1987. They're hardly "flooding"  world markets.

Also note that on a worldwide basis yearly percentage increases of oil production peaked in 1970.

http://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/energy-economics/statistical-review-of-world-energy/downloads.html

According to EIA world liquid fuels production peaked in Q4 2015. Even in Q3 2016 production was still below peak.

http://www.eia.gov/forecasts/steo/report/global_oil.cfm

14 hours ago, Rassah said:

Basically, I think people are too divided into teams and are too adversarial, defending their party while hating the other, regardless of what it does, even if it flips and does what they hated the other party for doing previously.

It's a good distraction though, and makes most people think that prosperity can be voted into office ;)

13 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

To be fair Al Gore had some good points to make, it's just hard for him to keep the attention of frogs if their pots are only gradually heating up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Revates said:

This facebook link is all weird. Are you trying to scam me outta my bitcoins with a dodgy link?

People keep pulling the links down but it is a real video and it is Micheal Moore doing it. 

I posted a link to the video that is still up in the Milo thread. 

Apparently a bunch of fucking Tolerant Leftist Intellectuals™ harassed and beat the shit out of a disabled homeless black woman (quadruple oppression!) because she supports Trump and was trying to protect his Hollywood Walk of Fame star after it already got destroyed once. They were even victim blaming while doing it.

Funny how it's only ever Trump supporters that are the ones being assaulted and yet he's supposed to be the fascist.

11 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

Apparently a bunch of fucking Tolerant Leftist Intellectuals™ harassed and beat the shit out of a disabled homeless black woman (quadruple oppression!) because she supports Trump and was trying to protect his Hollywood Walk of Fame star after it already got destroyed once. They were even victim blaming while doing it.

Funny how it's only ever Trump supporters that are the ones being assaulted and yet he's supposed to be the fascist.

I'm sure glad that this post comes with a link to a reputable news source to back it up or otherwise this poster might seem like some kinda goon who will believe anything from a shared Facebook post.

• Like 1

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

I'm sure glad that this post comes with a link to a reputable news source to back it up or otherwise this poster might seem like some kinda goon who will believe anything from a shared Facebook post.

How about the original video itself, smartass?

4 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

How about the original video itself, smartass?

Well, they certainly didn't 'beat the shit out of' her as you so put it.  There does seem to be a bit of shoving and sign ripping which is whole fully unwarranted.  She clearly falls by tripping when her cart is caught on the chubby one's leg, though that person was too close.  And once she falls, literally no body touches her.

What pansy ass definition of 'beat the shit out of' are you walking on here?

Though I find it interesting that your example of a Trump supporter is what appears to be a mentally ill person.

6 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Though I find it interesting that your example of a Trump supporter is what appears to be a mentally ill person.

What, are mentally ill and homeless people not allowed to support political candidates? That doesn't sound very tolerant of you. In fact, it sounds ableist. AshleyAbleist.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glowing Glass said:

I didn't read half of this thread and I'm sure this was already mentioned but I think if Hillary gets elected she will be assasinated immediately.

Trunp is also likely to be assasinated but not with as high of a chance as Hillary.

This country is going to hell in a hand basket. People foaming at the mouth because they didn't get a bloodbath in Oregon, people being assaulted on the streets because of their political beliefs...

@AshleyAshes is a perfect example of what's wrong with people today. Really says a lot about a person, that they can look at a video of a homeless mentally ill black woman being assaulted by a mob and their first instinct is to make fun of her disability in order to get in a cheap shot at political opponents.

• Like 2