Hillary Clinton is your new president, so you can stop arguing now.

Rassah

7 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

Did y'all see that hilarious prank where someone spiked the trump signs on their lawn and Hillary supporters ran them over and popped their tires lmao

I did. I also saw someone who hooked up an electric fence charger to his Trump yard sign because some asshole kept stealing them, then caught the fucker on video getting the piss shocked out of him.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

Apparently a bunch of fucking Tolerant Leftist Intellectuals™ harassed and beat the shit out of a disabled homeless black woman (quadruple oppression!) because she supports Trump and was trying to protect his Hollywood Walk of Fame star after it already got destroyed once. They were even victim blaming while doing it.

Funny how it's only ever Trump supporters that are the ones being assaulted and yet he's supposed to be the fascist.

Taking a handful of isolated incidents committed by a small set of supporters  (which might have been staged, there is evidence of other such anti-Trump actions being staged, I will provide links and details once I am off mobile if you are interested) as somehow representing the entirety of a political movement is really incredibly illogical. It has become clear that this campaign has incited passions on both sides; there has been evidence of extreme supporters of both candidates committing crimes and injustices, but unless the candidate or leadership specifically endorsed or incited such actions, they have no real bearing on the character of the wider movement. Taking this into account, of the two main candidates, Trump has done much more to incite and support the violent actions of a segment of his supporters in his speeches, but even in this case generalizing the actions of a few extreme individuals to the entirety of Trump's supporters is illogical, while directly blaming Trump for most of the actions would also be incorrect  (though he bears some blame for those types of actions he has endorsed).

Additionally, I find it very strange that such incidents are often used in a vague way to defend the actions of the extremists on Trump's side; the fact that there has been violence or injustice committed by one group does not cancel out such acts committed by the other, especially with solid evidence the the contrary. And again, on both sides it is the extreme wing that commits these crimes and injustices, with their actions not representative of the party or candidate in general (though, again, Trump is guilty of encouraging some of these extremists on the Right).

So, in conclusion, such extreme actions on either side are not representative of the party as a whole, until it can be proven that the candidate or their supporters specifically approve of or backed them, while additionally the occurrence of such injustices on one side in no way cancel out those committed by the other.

Edited by Osrik
fixed various autocorrect/other mistakes
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Zeke said:

There is also that joey salads guy paying  people to fuel the political shit show by making the conservative republicans/trump supporters look like victims. 

No party supporter is completely innocent.

Fuck that guy. lol

That was so tryhard of him and it was hilarious how he got exposed.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, DevilBear said:

Sorry Rassah, I guess you were

[WRONG]

You shouldn't be sorry, you should be glad! 

Some post election thoughts:
I was wrong, and I'm very surprised. Shocked even. This election was indeed rigged from the beginning, with the rigging being that we were given two candidates - an obvious politician and a buffoon destined to lose - even with the obvious politician stealing the nomination from a much more popular candidate. This was all set up so that Hillary would be a shoo-in for the presidency. This was made more obvious by her massive support from all the big banks, Wall Street, hedge funds, and various mega corps, who no doubt selected her, groomed her, and expected her to be their next puppet. Historically, every president with support from big banks and Wall Street, including even Obama, has won the presidency. Hillary was set up by the establishment, supported, and depended on (and with Wikileaks exposés, likely already had back room deals going).

Yet somehow the country ended up voting the other way. Shockingly (to me), and with great news (to everyone else), this election proved that we the people really are still in control, in however small of a way, and that voting still actually works and isn't rigged itself. If it was, it would most certainly be rigged in the interests of all those at the top who supported Hillary.

So, is Trump a good candidate and am I happy that he won? No, not really. I don't like any politicians, or government for that matter, but I am glad to see the establishment get a huge repudiation and a "f*ck you." The stock market drop today is a reflection of that; back room deals dried up and gone. And I believe that's what the outcome of this vote was about. It wasn't that majority of the country has shown itself to be racist, misogynistic, homophobic, or islamophobic. It's that half of the country didn't like the terrible option their party gave them (thank you Wikileaks!), and the other half, to quote Michael Moore, wanted to throw a live grenade into the establishment.  Trump doesn't strike me as particularly religious (not with his words and actions), or racist (not with people he surrounds himself and works with) or anti-immigrant (not with marrying an immigrant). So I believe all the liberal fears may be unfounded. Will he be a terrible president? Most certainly. All of them are. But will we be worse off with Trump than we would have been with Hillary? The honest answer is we don't know. Trump flipped so many times that who knows what he really stands for. But the country did need change, a bit of chaos, and a cartoon villain to get people out of their complacency. So maybe the country will be better off under Trump, but that's entirely dependent on you people, not the president.

And hey, democracy is still alive and well, eh?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Rassah said:

I was wrong, and I'm very surprised. Shocked even. This election was indeed rigged from the beginning, with the rigging being that we were given two candidates - an obvious politician and a buffoon destined to lose - even with the obvious politician stealing the nomination from a much more popular candidate. This was all set up so that Hillary would be a shoo-in for the presidency. This was made more obvious by her massive support from all the big banks, Wall Street, hedge funds, and various mega corps, who no doubt selected her, groomed her, and expected her to be their next puppet. Historically, every president with support from big banks and Wall Street, including even Obama, has won the presidency. Hillary was set up by the establishment, supported, and depended on (and with Wikileaks exposés, likely already had back room deals going).

Yet somehow the country ended up voting the other way. Shockingly (to me), and with great news (to everyone else), this election proved that we the people really are still in control, in however small of a way, and that voting still actually works and isn't rigged itself. If it was, it would most certainly be rigged in the interests of all those at the top who supported Hillary.

Trump was not as publicly supported like Hillary was by the establishment and is apparently anti-establishment, yet he:

-is friends with the Clinton family, they even go golfing on occasion

-was accepted into the Republican party, which last time I checked was part of the establishment

-has quite a few big business and other establishment political contacts for an "anti-establishment" personality

I suppose I should write a quick word of congratulations to the US establishment (man that is a great catch-all term for the oligarchy of Fed Reserve/other banks/businesses/etc). They ran two candidates that to differing extents were very much still a part of the establishment, so it really didn't matter who won in the end as long as it was one of the those two.

The fact that even someone as cynical as Rassah was convinced that Trump's victory was a blow to the establishment speaks volumes as to their abilities of deception. Time and again so many people have thought that their elected president represented something they cared about and almost every time these representatives broke their promises:

-George Bush W promised to be fiscally conservative, yet presided over a horrific budget

-Barack Obama promised hope and change - a more compassionate government yet presided over increasing surveillance measures, authorized all sorts of aid to local warlords to destroy Libya (it's still a ruined country), and assisted Saudi Arabia in their campaign in Yemen among other things

-Trump was elected on his ostensibly anti-establishment platform and staunch determination to "make America great again", I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he will disappoint.

17 hours ago, Rassah said:

Trump flipped so many times that who knows what he really stands for.

You'll be seeing plenty more flip-flopping, I can assure you of that ^__^

EDIT: Just learned that Trump is recruiting lobbyists from various corporations to select his future administration. He's been president for barely 24 hours ^____________^

17 hours ago, Zeke said:

I expect to see an update to a lot of North Korean cartoons after this.

With more foxes with hypnotic tails, no doubt.

Edited by WileyWarWeasel
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
  • Like 3

I just loved seeing Hollywood eat their words. They were riding Hillary's dick so hard and yet ♫ In the end it doesn't even matter! ♫

If anyone was watching TYT(The Young Turks) live stream during the election, you would've seen how legit pissed off they were. Some woman was screaming about how she thinks any woman who voted for Trump is a fucking idiot. It was beautiful.

Even our local Canadian news station interviewed a few people for their reactions and some girl said word for word “I sat on my bed and cried, I couldn't believe how many people are racist and sexist for voting for Trump.”

The reactions are just priceless.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Socketosis said:

I just loved seeing Hollywood eat their words. They were riding Hillary's dick so hard and yet ♫ In the end it doesn't even matter! ♫

If anyone was watching TYT(The Young Turks) live stream during the election, you would've seen how legit pissed off they were. Some woman was screaming about how she thinks any woman who voted for Trump is a fucking idiot. It was beautiful.

Even our local Canadian news station interviewed a few people for their reactions and some girl said word for word “I sat on my bed and cried, I couldn't believe how many people are racist and sexist for voting for Trump.”

The reactions are just priceless.

Well, TYT is Quatari propaganda anyway. Also, Ana Kasparian is an existential laughingstock. 

Dumb bitch is on a show called 'The Young Turks'. 

I'm going to a start a show called Hitler Youth and I'll have a cute Jewish girl to sit at my desk and shill while I throw sunflower seeds between her titties.

I'll probably have to pay for her rhinoplasty before putting her on the show.

• Like 4

On 11/10/2016 at 5:40 AM, WileyWarWeasel said:

The fact that even someone as cynical as Rassah was convinced that Trump's victory was a blow to the establishment speaks volumes as to their abilities of deception. Time and again so many people have thought that their elected president represented something they cared about and almost every time these representatives broke their promises:

Yes.

EDIT: Just learned that Trump is recruiting lobbyists from various corporations to select his future administration. He's been president for barely 24 hours

Not president until Jan 20th.

• Like 1

I suppose I should write a quick word of congratulations to the US establishment (man that is a great catch-all term for the oligarchy of Fed Reserve/other banks/businesses/etc). They ran two candidates that to differing extents were very much still a part of the establishment, so it really didn't matter who won in the end as long as it was one of the those two.

I wouldn't be too sure about that

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kazooie said:

An interesting article. I'm sure that some of the current pigs digging into the trough at Washington will not be pleased, but rest assured that the entities in charge (banks, pharmaceuticals, defense industry, etc) aren't too worried:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-transition-packed-washington-insiders-lobbyists-072409654--politics.html

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/08/trump-transition-lobbyists/

If you don't like the sites above just search around, plenty to be found.

Move over Democrats, that other party is now selling out to get to the trough ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

An interesting article. I'm sure that some of the current pigs digging into the trough at Washington will not be pleased, but rest assured that the entities in charge (banks, pharmaceuticals, defense industry, etc) aren't too worried:

Move over Democrats, that other party is now selling out to get to the trough ;)

honestly they may have trouble figuring out how to be corrupt for the first few months. it seems like a lot of their transition team has been utterly insane, completely despised within the party, or devoid of any experience (or a combination of the three).

the alternative to trump being a complete tool is him being an actual fascist, i guess, which fox news appears to be okay with. so, i mean, i guess they have that going for them. maybe he's a facist tool (is that a thing?). gingrich and o'rilley were very enthusiastic about leveraging federal enforcement on those who defy him (i still cant believe they used the term defy, i mean seriously).

e: ahhh yes, the apotheosis of the facist tool is dystopian cyperpunk future

4 minutes ago, kazooie said:

honestly they may have trouble figuring out how to be corrupt for the first few months. it seems like a lot of their transition team has been utterly insane, completely despised within the party, or devoid of any experience (or a combination of the three).

Strange as it is for me to say this, I'm not sure if corruption is the right word to use.

When government has been following the dictates of businesses, banks and other private interests (in the US's case the private Federal Reserve was created in 1913) for so long it's safer to say that government and their private leadership (the banks, etc) are so intertwined that they're no longer corrupt, just a permanent extension of these other interests.

You and other people may disagree with the transition team choices but they do represent private interests nonetheless:

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/08/trump-transition-lobbyists/

"

But the Trump transition team is a who’s who of influence peddlers, including: energy adviser Michael Catanzaro, a lobbyist for Koch Industries and the Walt Disney Company; adviser Eric Ueland, a Senate Republican staffer who previously lobbied for Goldman Sachs; and Transition General Counsel William Palatucci, an attorney in New Jersey whose lobbying firm represents Aetna and Verizon. Rick Holt, Christine Ciccone, Rich Bagger, and Mike Ferguson are among the other corporate lobbyists helping to manage the transition effort.

Presidential transition teams develop policy plans and come up with a list of more than 4,000 people an incoming president appoints, including White House jobs, cabinet secretaries, and lower level positions that oversee the military, agriculture, trade, and beyond.

"

10 minutes ago, kazooie said:

the alternative to trump being a complete tool is him being an actual fascist, i guess, which fox news appears to be okay with. so, i mean, i guess they have that going for them. maybe he's a facist tool (is that a thing?). gingrich and o'rilley were very enthusiastic about leveraging federal enforcement on those who defy him (i still cant believe they used the term defy, i mean seriously).

Whether he turns out to be a fascist or authoritarian or what have you is not up to him, but to a collection of other interests. Whatever happens he shall remain a tool.

That being said he'll be given some leeway to pursue his own agenda as long as it doesn't conflict with the interests of the corporate lobbyists and other lovely individuals he's surrounded by.

12 minutes ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Whether he turns out to be a fascist or authoritarian or what have you is not up to him, but to a collection of other interests. Whatever happens he shall remain a tool.

i dunno, some of his crazy seems like its real & not an act. the tantalizing tweet of "dont join transition team. they're screaming YOU LOST. stay away", the stories & recordings of his mannerisms off stage. the whole hiring actual white supremacist as senior adviser

i mean, thinking about it, he could've picked any token conservative adviser - its not like the alt-right is a major support base to pander to. no one in any of the parties likes that he's there. if he was listening loyally to the little bird in his ear, there was no way that would've occurred, the guy's political suicide on so many levels.

e: the whole, genuinely asking interviewer "why wouldn't you nuke ISIS? i mean..." 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kazooie said:

i dunno, some of his crazy seems like its real & not an act. the tantalizing tweet of "dont join transition team. they're screaming YOU LOST. stay away", the stories & recordings of his mannerisms off stage. the whole hiring actual white supremacist as senior adviser

i mean, thinking about it, he could've picked any token conservative adviser - its not like the alt-right is a major support base to pander to. no one in any of the parties likes that he's there. if he was listening loyally to the little bird in his ear, there was no way that would've occurred, the guy's political suicide on so many levels.

He does seem to have a few screws loose, but he'll remain in political office as long as he doesn't piss off the wrong people.

I suppose it doesn't stop him from doing things and appointing people that are harmful to citizens that no one in a significant organization (eg Federal Reserve) cares about. Hell, if anything it will help his image in appearing "independent" by hiring the odd oddball here and there.

Basically he like almost any other politician has some leeway in how they conduct themselves but not as much as most people think.

17 minutes ago, applehead said:

WOW

The stark, pants-on-head-crazy disconnect to reality of some posters here... There's now a honest-to-God neo-Nazi occupying a top government position. If you genuinely still subscribe to memes like "Hillary would be just as bad" or "the Trump administration will be just Business As Usual" you could do the world a favor and have yourselves committed.

You're pigs, laughing as the conveyors move you into the slaughterhouse.

hey now, i'm not a pig 
you're the pig
:c

• Like 1

23 hours ago, applehead said:

WOW

The stark, pants-on-head-crazy disconnect to reality of some posters here... There's now a honest-to-God neo-Nazi occupying a top government position. If you genuinely still subscribe to memes like "Hillary would be just as bad" or "the Trump administration will be just Business As Usual" you could do the world a favor and have yourselves committed.

Being endorsed by members of a hate group doesn't mean that the endorsed individual condones the hate group. If a Nazi says they like you, for instance, that doesn't mean you want to gas the Jews or are a nationalist socialist. I'd be more concerned if Bannon ran around praising the Nazi party, was a fan of Hitler, or something along those lines. Then he actually would be a neo-Nazi. As it stands, I'm pretty sure he wants nothing to do with Nazis. The same for the KKK. Not that I think he's a great choice. I just think we should be careful about judging someone on the basis of whether they're liked by members of a dubious organization.

The KKK, incidentally, endorsed both major candidates at various times in this elections cycle. At least some of them switched from Trump to Hillary and so forth, but that doesn't mean either Trump or Hillary agree with what the hate group stands for.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-03-14/ku-klux-klan-grand-dragon-will-quigg-endorses-hillary-clinton-for-president

• Like 2

On 11/17/2016 at 1:21 AM, WileyWarWeasel said:

But the Trump transition team is a who’s who of influence peddlers, including: energy adviser Michael Catanzaro, a lobbyist for Koch Industries and the Walt Disney Company; 

Well, the former is a libertarian group who's main goal is fighting corporate welfare and corruption, and the latter is the answer to the question "what would an AnCap utopia look like?" with its private roads and infrastructure and no taxes. So at least that one may be ok.

3 hours ago, applehead said:

There's now a honest-to-God neo-Nazi occupying a top government position.

Why do people think he's a neo-nazi??? The "alt-right" isn't a white supremacist group, it's an anti-SJW group. (Though a nationalist one). Most of the scary article headlines that are shared to show how he's a Nazi are written not by him but by Milo Yianopolis. A British gay guy.

If you genuinely still subscribe to memes like "Hillary would be just as bad" 

She wouldn't have been just as bad, she would've been worse. She was actually corrupt, actually taking bribes from corporations and governments, and actually threatening to escalate war.

As for "business as usual," remember when GW Bush was a warmongering fascist who started wars all over the place, spied on citizens, detained people without a warrant, and deported a whole lot of Mexicans? And then we elected Obama for some hope and change? And then nothing changed?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, applehead said:

Holy motherfucking buttraping hell, you Americans must suffer from a nationwide case of Stockholm syndrome. Yeah, he's totally not an actual Nazi, he only hates Jews and ran a white supremacism site as an outspoken white supremacist. The White Power movement is not at all synonymous with neo-Nazism in the US and elsewhere, nope.

I've always said that he's a narcissist, first and foremost. Trump is in favor of Trump. Trump does what's good for Trump.

In that vein, I think Trump is a racist and a sexist insofar as he views other people as objects, and holds people in contempt when they aren't like him or aren't useful to him.

I don't think he's an ideologically-driven racist like David Duke or Tom Metzger--but, he doesn't have to be in order to appeal to those types of people through the use of coded language and meaningful winks.

Too many people are grossly naive about Trump's rhetoric and its consequences, because they either think racism is LOL EDGY FUCK SJWS, and/or because acknowledging that racism isn't limited to elderly Klan members and fringe Neo-Nazis means that they'd potentially have to confront the banality of evil and their own dark side.

Anyone who claims Trump's comments about Muslims, Mexicans, and blacks on various occasions weren't *at all* racist or sketchy is out to lunch, lying (to themselves and/or to you), or implicitly racist themselves, such that they can't don't know it when they see it.

(That moment when someone tells you that Trump isn't racist, he's just being FACTUAL--followed by some incredibly, mind-blowingly racist explanation of this.)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, applehead said:

Holy motherfucking buttraping hell, you Americans must suffer from a nationwide case of Stockholm syndrome. Yeah, he's totally not an actual Nazi, he only hates Jews and ran a white supremacism site as an outspoken white supremacist. The White Power movement is not at all synonymous with neo-Nazism in the US and elsewhere, nope.

I'll tip my hat to you if the USA ever stops supporting Israel regardless of which stooge is in office.

9 hours ago, Rassah said:

Well, the former is a libertarian group who's main goal is fighting corporate welfare and corruption, and the latter is the answer to the question "what would an AnCap utopia look like?" with its private roads and infrastructure and no taxes. So at least that one may be ok.

Given the other members of the transition team it's better than nothing, I guess?

9 hours ago, Rassah said:

She wouldn't have been just as bad, she would've been worse. She was actually corrupt, actually taking bribes from corporations and governments, and actually threatening to escalate war.

As for "business as usual," remember when GW Bush was a warmongering fascist who started wars all over the place, spied on citizens, detained people without a warrant, and deported a whole lot of Mexicans? And then we elected Obama for some hope and change? And then nothing changed?

If I could give two likes for the 2nd paragraph, I would. If civilization lasts another 4 years we'll have people saying something along the lines of: remember when we elected Trump for a jab at the establishment and a chance for peace and they didn't deliver? (And then of course people will fall for the same election strategies again and won't learn a thing).

7 hours ago, Troj said:

Too many people are grossly naive about Trump's rhetoric and its consequences, because they either think racism is LOL EDGY FUCK SJWS, and/or because acknowledging that racism isn't limited to elderly Klan members and fringe Neo-Nazis means that they'd potentially have to confront the banality of evil and their own dark side.

Populations tend to form divisions along religious, racist or other lines when there is less to go around than there was before (eg decreasing energy per capita on a worldwide basis since 2014).

As the economy deteriorates in the USA and elsewhere it is inevitable that racism will be more prevalent along all strata of society. It's easy to say you're above racism when you have plenty, it's much harder to pretend to be one big happy diverse family when you're fighting over scraps.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2016 at 3:10 PM, Rassah said:

and the latter is the answer to the question "what would an AnCap utopia look like?" with its private roads and infrastructure and no taxes. So at least that one may be ok.

What, Disney? If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, I'm going to laugh.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

What, Disney? If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, I'm going to laugh.

Disney world? Which doesn't pay taxes to Florida, and owns its own private roads, police, fire department, ambulances, public transportation, garbage collection, and even some small power stations.

6 minutes ago, Rassah said:

Disney world? Which doesn't pay taxes to Florida, and owns its own private roads, police, fire department, ambulances, public transportation, garbage collection, and even some small power stations.

That's because you're talking about a business that owns its own private land. You wouldn't expect the government to pave the parking lot of Walmart, would you? And of course a large company would have its own garbage collection and power stations. A lot of auto factories around here have their own power stations because they use up so much electricity they can't rely solely on the local power grid, something you wouldn't know since you don't live in the area.

But who pays for all of this? Disney does. Because it's a company. But, it's still on a small scale compared to the entire nation. Are you saying that Disney should buy the entire nation and pay for all our roads and garbage? Because Disney may make a lot of money but it certainly isn't enough to cover services for the entire nation.

So what then? Should companies own large chunks of land and handle the public works of that chunk of land? Then who will pay for those services? Companies don't do things for free, they expect something out of it. Disney does it because they want tourists to come to their resort, and give them money. Will the companies expect a fee for doing those services, and how different is that from a tax?

And don't get me started on if Disney World actually pays no taxes despite being one of the largest businesses in the state. That reeks of corruption and bribing state officials to get off having to pay taxes.

• Like 1

No, I think whatever company or person owns the land should pay for their own stuff. Pretty simple. One big entity controlling a huge space is bad, cause it can't adapt to changes or people in different regions.

Disney World doesn't pay taxes because it brings in enough tourists to the state that the state makes enough money from their other spending. I think they got a good and fair deal.

7 hours ago, Rassah said:

No, I think whatever company or person owns the land should pay for their own stuff. Pretty simple. One big entity controlling a huge space is bad, cause it can't adapt to changes or people in different regions.

Large entities controlling large spaces are inevitable (provided there's enough surplus resources to do so), as smaller entities tend to get conquered by larger and more organized entities.

If it's any consolation the size of organized entities & the land they control will inevitably shrink at some point, though not because of enlightenment but because of lack of surplus.

• Like 1

Noticed an interesting little piece that I figured this forum would appreciate

On 11/18/2016 at 1:50 PM, applehead said:

Funny you should mention that!

On 11/18/2016 at 0:08 PM, applehead said:

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...