Nintendo Switch

TrishaCat

Apparently the Switch's touch screen can't be mandatory for games and that's coming from Emily Rogers. It also can't be used as a secondary screen for games. So that nixes a LOT of possibilities for the standard fare Nintendo gimmick horseshit they're known for. Famitsu confirmed its incompatible with 3DS carts which was kind of obvious when you see the carts for the unit, but yeah (and obviously Wii U discs are incompatable)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

aqr9p1j_460sa.gif

>Unhackable

It's a Nintendo console, it'll be reamed wide open within a week. The Switch doesn't have any media input apart from the game cartridge, right? It's possible Nintendo finally learned their lesson, a proprietary media format would make it a bit more difficult to hack. Then again 3DS flashcarts are a thing, and those stupid mini-dvds didn't stop the Gamecube from being hacked. And if the rumours about the Switch being Android based are true, well then oh my.

rip nintendo

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

HA! That's what Sony said about the Vita. That thing got it's security demolished. Good attempt though. 
There's no such thing as unhackable as long as the people programming them are flawed.

To be fair, it took a long time for the Vita to finally be hacked, and even now if your firmware is too high its still not hacked.

49 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

HA! That's what Sony said about the Vita. That thing got it's security demolished. Good attempt though. 
There's no such thing as unhackable as long as the people programming them are flawed.

On top of that, the only reason to buy any of Sony's handhelds was to hack them.

4 minutes ago, Imperial Impact said:

Which got remade for the PS2.

You could just as well say all of the Nintendo ones got put on Sony consoles at a later date. Re:Coded and 358/2 Days are on PS3 as movies.

Either way, KH is not unknown to Nintendo, and KHIII is on Xbox One despite never having been on an Xbox before. It could happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Battlechili said:

You could just as well say all of the Nintendo ones got put on Sony consoles at a later date. Re:Coded and 358/2 Days are on PS3 as movies.

Either way, KH is not unknown to Nintendo, and KHIII is on Xbox One despite never having been on an Xbox before. It could happen.

Nintendo is going to force you to buy Dragon Quest and Shitty Paper Mario games like it or not.

5 hours ago, XoPachi said:

I don't wanna hear any shit talk on the homie, the PSP. Quiet.

5 hours ago, Sourdough said:

psp is shit c:

It really is. I literally only bought one to hack it. It was fucking great once hacked; I could (and did) even use homebrew software on mine to turn it into a universal remote. But, by itself, it was shit.

I found a grand total of 11 games that I thought were worth enough of a damn to put on my GPD-XD and emulate. 11 games, out of the entire library -- and two of those are just ports (Armored Core 3 and AC3 Silent Line).

I had a good shit ton of PSP games growing up. Grand ol' time that era was for handheld games.

4 minutes ago, Imperial Impact said:

Nintendo is going to force you to buy Dragon Quest and Shitty Paper Mario games like it or not.

Dragon Quest is getting 2 remasters right?

Anyway, switching back to the original topic.

While the Switch looks pretty damn cool, I don't think Zelda, 3D Mario, and Splatoon are enough to coax me, personally, to toss money at it.
Zelda is the only one I want out of what's been shown, and that's not nearly enough to blow $300+(?) on a new console.

So I'll have to wait and see what else is in their lineup.
(For the love of all fuck, Ninty, please give us a new legit Metroid already.)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

It really is. I literally only bought one to hack it. It was fucking great once hacked; I could (and did) even use homebrew software on mine to turn it into a universal remote. But, by itself, it was shit.

I found a grand total of 11 games that I thought were worth enough of a damn to put on my GPD-XD and emulate. 11 games, out of the entire library -- and two of those are just ports (Armored Core 3 and AC3 Silent Line).

• 7th Dragon 2020
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  • Duodecim Dissidia: Final Fantasy
  • Valkyria Chronicles 2
  • Valkyria Chronicles 3
  • Digimon World: Redigitize
  • Black Rock Shooter: The Game
  • The Third Birthday
  • Phantasy Star Portable
  • Daxter
  • Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (best version)
  • Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection (best version)
  • Persona 1 (best version)
  • Persona 2: Innocent Sin (best version)
  • Persona 3 Portable (side-grade?)

I like the PSP. After hacking it, the thing's library opened up thanks to fan translations and emulation.

4 minutes ago, Battlechili said:
  • 7th Dragon 2020
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  • Duodecim Dissidia: Final Fantasy
  • Valkyria Chronicles 2
  • Valkyria Chronicles 3
  • Digimon World: Redigitize
  • Black Rock Shooter: The Game
  • The Third Birthday
  • Phantasy Star Portable
  • Daxter
  • Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (best version)
  • Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection (best version)
  • Persona 1 (best version)
  • Persona 2: Innocent Sin (best version)
  • Persona 3 Portable (side-grade?)
  • WipEout PurE
  • WipEout PulsE
  • Cladun
  • Patchwork Heroes
  • Gurumin
  • Patapon
  • Loco Roco
  • Gradius Collection
  • Mega Man Powered Up
  • Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
  • Darius Burst
  • EchoChrome
  • KH: Birth By Sleep
  • PS1 games

I like the PSP. After hacking it, the thing's library opened up thanks to fan translations and emulation.

1 minute ago, Imperial Impact said:

Tactics psp is actually pretty bad, Same with 3rd birthday.

I don't know shit about any of the stuff he mentioned outside of PSO Portable being trash (Universe sucked ass) and Daxter.

27 minutes ago, Imperial Impact said:

>Needing to hack your psp is "fixed" SE's fuck up.

Hacking your PSP is super easy. Literally the most hackable handheld ever.

It doesn't make Square's screwup acceptable, but playing the PSP version of the game after hacking it is the best way to play Tactics.

Holy shit my brain hurts

So many people on youtube rant about that the nintendo switch will fail selling.

Seriously nintendo leqrned from the faults because of wii u .

They probably think that upgraded consoles like  xboner and playshiter4 will get no attention because of switch.

In my opinion nintendo deserves some nice words.

1 minute ago, SirRob said:

I hope Microsoft follows this up with a more dog-inpsired design, and then Sony follows it up with an actual dog

Scorpions are way cooler so Microsoft has Nintendo beat in the animal department. Sony needs to get on the fucking ball. Give us like....a turtle.

• Like 1