Nintendo Switch

TrishaCat

35 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

Scorpions are way cooler so Microsoft has Nintendo beat in the animal department. Sony needs to get on the fucking ball. Give us like....a turtle.

The Sony "nekochan nyaaaaaah =^.^=" anime waifu girl.

• Like 2

Haven't checked out those links pachi posted yet, but to be honest this may make me actually start to respect nintendo. 

Something that actually adds a high degree of usability and brings something never before seen to the table!

..... it would be nice if we could buy memory chips in a proprietary format that could be used to expand the system, and if we could actually upgrade the video hardware on it..... but all things considered, I would invest in one of these if the proper support for it was there which definitely seems to be the issue.

If nintendo made it an easy path to follow I imagine indie gaming could do quite well on it, but if it's not open to indie games it is probably going to die fast.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Tsuujou said:

Well now I'm not so sure I'd want a Switch on launch. :(

I was planning on getting one immediately, but if I can't be assured that there'll be good games on it to start, why bother? BotW has already had delays and was originally supposed to come out last year. So much waiting. x_x

I hope its worth it.

I've always believed getting a new console at launch is a mistake because there is no guarantee how supported its going to be / will it even be a success and most of the time the initial line up ends up being really meh.

Better wait a couple years for the price to drop and for it to have more of a library I'd say.

54 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

WOW NINTENDO, YOU MIGHT AS WELL FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY.

51 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Well now I'm not so sure I'd want a Switch on launch. :(

I was planning on getting one immediately, but if I can't be assured that there'll be good games on it to start, why bother? BotW has already had delays and was originally supposed to come out last year. So much waiting. x_x

I hope its worth it.

WiiU & 3DS: The wait II: electric boogaloo

14 minutes ago, Naesaki said:

I've always believed getting a new console at launch is a mistake because there is no guarantee how supported its going to be / will it even be a success and most of the time the initial line up ends up being really meh.

Better wait a couple years for the price to drop and for it to have more of a library I'd say.

Nintendo killed itself by waiting.

2 hours ago, Naesaki said:

I've always believed getting a new console at launch is a mistake because there is no guarantee how supported its going to be

I don't because I'm of the mindset that games will come regardless, which even in the case of the depressing heap of shit that was the Wii U, it still has an ok library. It just took 4 decades.
It's a disappointment that Zelda won't be immediately available, but for me it's just a setback since I know it will be in my hands eventually. At least it's guaranteed. 

Neato idea. But as with all consoles, the only thing that actually means something is the exclusive titles.
From what I've seen so far, the only worthwhile game (like with most Nintendo consoles) is going to be a Zelda game.

Probably won't end up buying it, myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People are unhappy that the Nintendo Switch is not as powerful as a PS4 or Xbox One, and that the docked and portable mode run differently. People are saying that the Switch will have the same problems as the Wii U in terms of third party support.

I am probably alone in quite liking the Nintendo Switch. I still think it's a more solid and useful gimmick than the Wii U's 'second screen' thing. I like the idea of not having to stop playing just because I need to nip to the loo to take a dump. :D

If they want it to save Nintendo's flagging status as anything other than a creator of games for the kiddies, it's going to have to have a pretty low price point. If they can sell at a lower price point than the original Xbox One and PS4 (not the updated Scorpio and PS4 Pro) then they might be in with a shout. Otherwise it's going to be the preserve of fanboys and starry-eyed little kids suckered in by the promise of sparkly Mario games and Pokemon.

2 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

Lemme stop you there

You're not alone at all. In fact, most Nintendo followers seem to share the opinion that it looks pretty great

Fair do's, but I'm not really a Nintendo follower. I only have a DS so I can play Phoenix Wright, Pokemon and Monster Hunter. I thought the Wii and the Wii U were awful monstrosities. Yer average Nintendo follower would buy the bleeding 'Difference Engine' if it could run Super Mario Brothers. :D

• Like 1

On 12/20/2016 at 9:53 AM, Faust said:

I am probably alone in quite liking the Nintendo Switch.

Nah, I love it.

Its a 720p handheld. That alone sells it for me. It helps that the framerate issues from the initial trailer don't seem to be present here for BotW.

• 2 weeks later...

inb4 SMT V, Etrian Odyssey Untold 3, Devil Survivor 3, Rune Factory 5, a new Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles game, Pokemon Stars, and Pokemon Super Omega Ultimate Mystery Dungeon & Knuckles (with Dante from the Devil May Cry series) get announced.