Jump to content
Battlechili

Nintendo Switch

Recommended Posts

Here is my story...

>Be me

>Go out in town deciding to finally pre-order Switch

>Think I am super smart

>Stride confidently into Gamestop

>Tell the cashier I would like to pre-order a Switch please

>Told they sold out yesterday nationwide

>Proceed to go to or call other stores in town about whether they had any pre-orders left

>Told by everyone they are completely out

>Be me again

>Be Sad

:(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Nintendo probably should have made more than ten Nintendo Switches for its launch, huh

Well, that is common practice for Nintendo... they seem to always leave North America short when they do releases.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's a psychological tactic

We all know that if you can't have something you want it more

Or maybe

Just maybe

Nintendo missed out 3 zeroes on the end of their production order

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, you know it's going to be big when even Amazon isn't letting you preorder due to stock. They've always been the ones to let you sit on a pre-order list without regards to stock, in my experience. Granted, it's been a long time since I last did that, so maybe their policy changed. Either way, I've decided I'm interested enough to do the preorder thing again, when it comes back in stock. I will NOT be camping out or hopping from store to store looking for one on opening day, tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Shinen for letting AG racing live on with your Fast Racing series. I am looking forward to the RMX port of Neo.

(That new ship looks like Goteki 45 and it makes me so happy)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2017 at 5:34 PM, Shiro said:

Getting a switch just for BoTW. Worth it.

So far the lineup this year has a nice handful of stuff I don't really want to be late on. Even if the launch is a shitty joke. 
Also Dry Bones is in Mario Kart DX. 
Bought.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As salty as I am about the Wii U being replaced (because I really am a fan of the Wii U and the games I've got on it), I'm ready to move on from the 3DS. It just feels really antiquated at this point, compared to what the Switch can do as a handheld. I wonder if Nintendo is going to make a successor to its handheld line up? I know the Switch seems like an upgrade for both the Wii U and 3DS, but there's probably still a market for a dedicated handheld.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SirRob said:

As salty as I am about the Wii U being replaced (because I really am a fan of the Wii U and the games I've got on it), I'm ready to move on from the 3DS. It just feels really antiquated at this point, compared to what the Switch can do as a handheld. I wonder if Nintendo is going to make a successor to its handheld line up? I know the Switch seems like an upgrade for both the Wii U and 3DS, but there's probably still a market for a dedicated handheld.

Personally, I would love a dual-screen smartphone. Especially if it managed to be as compact as the original 3DS.

 

And played Nintendo games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2017 at 11:18 AM, Tsuujou said:

Bowser is such a responsible dad. Monitoring his kid and shit. Being a single parent is tough, but Jr. is gonna grow into a good boy.

EDIT: I love Tumblr so fucking much. lmao
http://slimetony.com/post/155808673942

I just saw this... I loved it so much!

Bowser can be a great character when they actually give him something to work with

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhíulchabán said:

I just saw this... I loved it so much!

Bowser can be a great character when they actually give him something to work with

So you mean all the time? :y

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rhíulchabán said:

Bowser can be a great character when

Yes, yes he can, nothing else needs to be said

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2017 at 1:54 PM, SirRob said:

I wish this man good luck in his endeavors, although I have my doubts that the HD Rumble will be all that special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Toshabi said:

Gays of the Year. I hope I make this years list of nominees.

You are my number one Gay of the Year, Toshabi. Runners up are Saxon and Dingo.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirRob said:

You are my number one Gay of the Year, Toshabi. Runners up are Saxon and Dingo.

But-- but I'm not--

whatever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

But-- but I'm not--

whatever

My Gay of the Year list is inclusive, Dingo, as long as you like males in any form you are more than welcome to be on my Gay of the Year list

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how good the wrist straps on the joy con things are, I can expect people to not use the straps when they should and turn two bits of plastic into anti-TV missiles by accident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited for the new Bomberman game, especially since the one I had on my Wii no longer supported GameCube controllers for 8-player once I transferred all my data to my Wii U (and you can't pick and choose what to carry over, sadly).

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

Apparently online pricing is $20-30.

Yep, https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/02/getting-online-with-nintendo-switch-will-cost-less-than-half-of-rivals-fees/

and there is a confirmed interest in VR by them. Now if only Amazon.com would hurry up and let me pre-order it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tsuujou said:

Aside from the ass character designs, this looks like the best Blaster Master. That's gonna be a good ass game. 

 

 

Mother Brain? :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like what I heard about the Switch's power consumption.
It's been known for a while now that you can play for about three hours from a full charge. Which isn't really my problem.

What I don't like is that to charge the damn thing you actually need a ton of power. More power than a regular phone charger will supply.
I have two pretty beastly chargers (by phone standards). One regular wall charger and a 16.000 mAh powerbank. They both support Chick Charge 3.
Neither of them delivers enough power to actually charge the Switch while using it. It uses power faster than my chargers can deliver it.

When I heard that the Switch uses a USB-C port I figured it would work perfectly with my powerbank. Well, I guess not...
The power supply that comes with the Switch delivers 12V at 2.4A. Almost no phone charger comes close to that and I have never seen a powerbank that delivers that much juice.
If you use a cheap 1A phone charger apparently it takes like 8 hours to fully charge the Switch... 2 hours with the Nintendo charger.
The Nintendo charger is also capable of charging the console while you use it.

Another issue that I see is how long the battery will actually survive.
If battery life isn't great and if charging it on the go really is an issue to me that means that almost all Switchs will constantly be completely drained.
That kills lithium batteries... And the battery can't easily be replaced. Which means if your battery breaks after the warranty period you no longer have a portable console.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

I don't like what I heard about the Switch's power consumption.
It's been known for a while now that you can play for about three hours from a full charge. Which isn't really my problem.

What I don't like is that to charge the damn thing you actually need a ton of power. More power than a regular phone charger will supply.
I have two pretty beastly chargers (by phone standards). One regular wall charger and a 16.000 mAh powerbank. They both support Chick Charge 3.
Neither of them delivers enough power to actually charge the Switch while using it. It uses power faster than my chargers can deliver it.

When I heard that the Switch uses a USB-C port I figured it would work perfectly with my powerbank. Well, I guess not...
The power supply that comes with the Switch delivers 12V at 2.4A. Almost no phone charger comes close to that and I have never seen a powerbank that delivers that much juice.
If you use a cheap 1A phone charger apparently it takes like 8 hours to fully charge the Switch... 2 hours with the Nintendo charger.
The Nintendo charger is also capable of charging the console while you use it.

Another issue that I see is how long the battery will actually survive.
If battery life isn't great and if charging it on the go really is an issue to me that means that almost all Switchs will constantly be completely drained.
That kills lithium batteries... And the battery can't easily be replaced. Which means if your battery breaks after the warranty period you no longer have a portable console.

Would you have a comparison for the Switch vs. the 3DS or Wii U in terms of power consumption?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

I don't like what I heard about the Switch's power consumption.
It's been known for a while now that you can play for about three hours from a full charge. Which isn't really my problem.

What I don't like is that to charge the damn thing you actually need a ton of power. More power than a regular phone charger will supply.
I have two pretty beastly chargers (by phone standards). One regular wall charger and a 16.000 mAh powerbank. They both support Chick Charge 3.
Neither of them delivers enough power to actually charge the Switch while using it. It uses power faster than my chargers can deliver it.

When I heard that the Switch uses a USB-C port I figured it would work perfectly with my powerbank. Well, I guess not...
The power supply that comes with the Switch delivers 12V at 2.4A. Almost no phone charger comes close to that and I have never seen a powerbank that delivers that much juice.
If you use a cheap 1A phone charger apparently it takes like 8 hours to fully charge the Switch... 2 hours with the Nintendo charger.
The Nintendo charger is also capable of charging the console while you use it.

Another issue that I see is how long the battery will actually survive.
If battery life isn't great and if charging it on the go really is an issue to me that means that almost all Switchs will constantly be completely drained.
That kills lithium batteries... And the battery can't easily be replaced. Which means if your battery breaks after the warranty period you no longer have a portable console.

You sound like a nerd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Would you have a comparison for the Switch vs. the 3DS or Wii U in terms of power consumption?

No :3

All I know is the 3DS can easily be powered through a powerbank because it isn't very powerful at all.
And the Wii U is a stationary console so it probably needs more power than the Switch.

 

19 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

You sound like a nerd.

That's me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...