Nintendo Switch

TrishaCat

JRPG's need to start using Mo-cap or something. Xenoblade's animations and models in a lot of instances are fucking horrible. Like in the first hour I was wincing at how awkward the characters look and move. Xenoblade 1 and 2 weren't paragons of graphical fidelity, but I didn't wanna cry when Shulk moved his mouth like Rex. And Sharla's hips weren't broken in 4 places like the 3rd tiddy waifu I've seen in X2.

Game's fun though. And I like Rex as a character at least. He stuck it to my least favorite character so far the first interaction he had with her so that was enough for me to like the mouthy guy immediately. Most protags usually just eat the shit snooty characters like that give them. haha
Seems a bit slower than the last two games though.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Socketosis said:

No, Assault.

Meh. People exaggerate that games problems imo.

But something like StarFox is far more suited to Namco than an atmospheric Aliens inspired nonlinear adventure. I really feel like theyd just make Other M 2.

I dunno. Guess we'll see assuming its true. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Imperial Impact said:

That's 64, The rest are mediocre at best

I think that's fair. Assault definitely isn't the worst shit ever. It had fun couch multiplayer, the flight sections were great, and the art direction, at least for the vehicles was some next level shit. But it was short and the on foot missions were skimpy. I feel like if they went back to it, it could be something WAY better today. Like if Platinum tried again and didn't have Miyamoto over their shoulder. That shit could be HYPE. It came at a bad time before third person shooters really got a solid foundation after Gears showed how it's done.

I think any 5/10's at the lowest is pretty fair. I like it a fuck of a lot, but it's admittedly average.

(It's funny because it shares the same problems with Rogue Squadron III and is a similar game)

On 12/19/2017 at 11:10 AM, Imperial Impact said:

That's 64, The rest are mediocre at best

• The game can be beaten in less than an hour.
  • There's barely any character banter during missions making them quiet and giving the characters very little....character.
  • There are constant mission briefings that say nothing about the mission other than that "its dangerous" even though by virtue of being a mission bringing you closer to Andross, its of course going to be dangerous, thus taking up time that could be spent playing and adding nothing to the game.
  • It has almost no plot whatsoever.
  • Sound effects are too loud and muffle the music.

Besides Assault, I'd also argue 2 is a better game than 64 as well thanks to the larger playable cast and time requirements/strategy element in trying to pick your battles wisely to make sure Corneria doesn't get attacked while you're still able to take on missions to push forward.

9 hours ago, Battlechili said:
  • The game can be beaten in less than an hour.
  • There's barely any character banter during missions making them quiet and giving the characters very little....character.
  • There are constant mission briefings that say nothing about the mission other than that "its dangerous" even though by virtue of being a mission bringing you closer to Andross, its of course going to be dangerous, thus taking up time that could be spent playing and adding nothing to the game.
  • It has almost no plot whatsoever.
  • Sound effects are too loud and muffle the music.

Besides Assault, I'd also argue 2 is a better game than 64 as well thanks to the larger playable cast and time requirements/strategy element in trying to pick your battles wisely to make sure Corneria doesn't get attacked while you're still able to take on missions to push forward.

Ok, none  of these  points are fair at all. Especially that first one and especially especially that 4th one, m' boy. lol
It's an arcade game. That's the root of the series.

Also, I feel like you must not have played much of  the  game if you didn't catch a lot of  what was going on prior to the missions or the sheer amount of character dialogue.
General Pepper and Fox discuss exactly what's going on at the  start  of each  level  and there's  a brief cutscene that gives  you  visual clues as to  what's going  on (all of which you can skip after the  first time you've watched it).
For  instance, Aquas. You're  told Andross has a bioweapon in the depths  of the  planet's oceans and  that you have  to take  the  Blue  Marine  to destroy it. Before you embark, the scene shows  the  Great Fox submerged in the  ocean launching Fox  in the  Blue Marine beneath the  surface which shows you that  the  mission is going  to  be in a totally  different vehicle and  environment. And the whole  level, Slippy is talking about  the  technical aspects of  the submarine and Falco is berating him.

This is literally every level of the game on all  three routes.

• 3 weeks later...

First off I'm going to apologize because I really have only played about an hour of Star Fox 64 (got the first ending and then didn't play it anymore). I really was being unfair towards 64. Not a huge fan of the game but I'm certainly not being fair towards it.

However....

NINTENDO DIRECT

Dark Souls Remastered, The World Ends With You Final Mix, Ys VIII, Payday 2, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and Hyrule Warriors are getting Switch releases. Pokken Tournament is getting new DLC with playable Blastoise and Aegislash. Kirby Star Allies has a demo out and comes out in March.

Only important thing announced today.

240px-Funky_Kong_Artwork_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png.d5c2160e57308fbbb2ad639a8d54e579.png

People, if you don't have a Switch.......now's the time, my sons. He is here...

EDIT: Also this is the worst thing I've ever seen hit a Nintendo platform since Tokyo Mirage Sessions and I silently, but scathingly judge everyone who purchases this. c:
e9Soilk_d.jpg.4b8c8f56a91c6638eb4a65cf18f177f5.jpg

Nintendo Switch emulation is now a thing

That was fast. It is currently able to play 0 commercial games, but I think its interesting this popped up so fast. Meanwhile in OG Xbox and Vita land:

Cricket_Sounds_Preview.jpg

On 1/11/2018 at 12:58 PM, Tsuujou said:

EDIT: Also this is the worst thing I've ever seen hit a Nintendo platform since Tokyo Mirage Sessions and I silently, but scathingly judge everyone who purchases this. c:
e9Soilk_d.jpg.4b8c8f56a91c6638eb4a65cf18f177f5.jpg

"We want the Dead or Alive audience"

At least the art is cute.

18 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

Holy shit, no one's cracked that thing yet? Isn't there 360 emulation?

Yep

360 emulation still has a long way to go but its making good progress and there are quite a few games playable on it and many more ingame. OG Xbox emulation has like....2 games I think that are ingame but not fully playable and that's it.