Rave: Night Shifts

Lucyfish

Holy fuck working overnight shifts is so much easier on my psyche.

I don't have to force myself to go to sleep (or more often, lay in bed and try to sleep) at some ungodly hour like 9 o'clock.

I don't have to wake myself up with an alarm that makes me literally want to cry.

I don't have to go to work having just woken up within an hour ago, because I almost always feel like shit when I wake up.

I don't have to deal with an incredibly large customer base.

Everyone I work with so far have been, for lack of a better word, real-ass niggas.

Finding a parking space is incredibly easy.

I get to sleep while my girlfriend is at work instead of sit around and be unproductive without her.

And on top of all these benefits, I make an extra dollar an hour.

Fuck morning shifts to hell, I love being nocturnal.

• Like 15

29 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

Holy fuck working overnight shifts is so much easier on my psyche.

I don't have to force myself to go to sleep (or more often, lay in bed and try to sleep) at some ungodly hour like 9 o'clock.

I don't have to wake myself up with an alarm that makes me literally want to cry.

I don't have to go to work having just woken up within an hour ago, because I almost always feel like shit when I wake up.

I don't have to deal with an incredibly large customer base.

Everyone I work with so far have been, for lack of a better word, real-ass niggas.

Finding a parking space is incredibly easy.

I get to sleep while my girlfriend is at work instead of sit around and be unproductive without her.

And on top of all these benefits, I make an extra dollar an hour.

Fuck morning shifts to hell, I love being nocturnal.

So you're saying you don't work with this guy.

Cuz he's not a real nigga.

BUT THINK OF THE DOWNSIDES

everyone is awake and making noise while you sleep

stores are never open when you need them to be

other people think "early afternoon" is a convenient time of day to schedule things lol

you basically wake up, go to work, come home, go to sleep

being nocturnal is harder on your body because stupid human sleep thingy

spooky burglars and sasquatches are out at night

also more bugs

way more bugs and it's dark so you can't see them until they're in your face

like spiderwebs especially

also most of my coworkers suck and the first shift people are the nice ones

but making more money and having more relaxed uniform rules at work p much make up for everything.  also being able to see the moon all the time.  and owls.  lots of owls and possums.  ...maybe that's just me

i wanna try second shift.  seems like it would align more with my natural rhythms, though night shift isn't far off.  going to bed early and getting up early and using alarm clocks can all go to hell imho

I liked how easy-going working nights was at my old job, and one month I made like £1500 because I was put on so many nights.

They fuck my sleeping pattern up though and I end up unable to sleep before day work. 5PM became my morning. I'd love to earn night shift money again, and I was offered the chance for the job I'm going to start soon, but I couldn't recover from it.

• Like 1

As someone who did third shift maintenance at a Walmart for two years I have a particular hatred for third shift as I had to deal with so many crazy people tweaked out on meth or drunk as a skunk or my favorite part oding in the bathroom and ripping the toilet out of the ground as the cops try to remove them or my favorite part having to hear the movie Frozen 12 times a night for three months straight fun times :V

• Like 1

I work the night shifts because I'm in school most of the day... I work alone at night because the store on average only has a "few" customers at night... when in reality it's either really busy or dead... because you know people love traveling in groups or something... 

But yeah depending on what type of job you have the night shift is usually better, unless you work in like Walmart as Joel said above, I've seen some shit go down in Walmart at 11 at night, weird stuff

On 10/22/2016 at 3:45 AM, Snagged Cub said:

Are you sure your 'sona isn't an owl? 

But congratulations for having a shift you like. Nightshift wouldn't be possible without electricity and lights

Night watch pre-civilization was pretty important to make sure that everyone you love didn't get eaten in their sleep by smilodons.

• Like 4

On 10/28/2016 at 6:57 AM, Zaraphayx said:

Night watch pre-civilization was pretty important to make sure that everyone you love didn't get eaten in their sleep by smilodons.

I'm pretty sure Walmarts didn't exist when that was our primary concern

5 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

I'm pretty sure Walmarts didn't exist when that was our primary concern

Of course it did! 
Night watch was important to make sure everyone you love could get up in the morning and go to Walmart. No one want to do their morning shopping with a smilodon nibbling on their leg.

Come on... this is common knowledge, Snagged! What do they teach you people in school? Junk, like evolution?! :V