Videogame Creations

Victor-933

working on recreating all the textures from scratch. Some were already made by me but most use stuff made by other people and I want to get away from that and get better at making my own.

Rd4kEWJ.jpg

also I fucking love that reactor design

• 4 months later...

I built this. The bottom layer has a footprint of 22x22, and I'm not entirely sure how tall it is. The farm at the bottom right is tiered and each tier has plots for exactly 64 of each type of growable, with the exception of pumpkins and melons.

Chinese Mythology texture pack, which is why the birch wood fences are bright red. I doesn't look right in default.

1246.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rainbow fountain in Terraria, with fireworks fountains. The water changes color as it flows over the rainbow brick half-slabs. And my trophy room build. I've since added the trophies for the lunatic cultist and the Moon Lord and the gladiator armor, as well as all four of the end-game lunar armors and the weapons for each set.

1551.JPG

trophy room 3.jpg

4 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

DKDpR11.jpg

GYKSQpW.png

I'm getting pretty damn good at making textures...

You know what that could use? Atmospheric smoke and spark particles :D And maybe a few pipes.

Oh, oh, and a rug to balance the Feng Shui in your wealth corner! ;)

Seriously though, looking nice. Love the retro font on the monitor screens.

On 3/9/2018 at 3:11 AM, Faust said:

You know what that could use? Atmospheric smoke and spark particles :D And maybe a few pipes.

Seriously though, looking nice. Love the retro font on the monitor screens.

Well, particle effects aren't supported in vanilla HL1 (outside of a single entity that's very rudimentary and can't be configured).

And thanks. Yeah, I have an unhealthy obsession with monochrome, monospaced computer screens.

Everyone else thinks futuristic interfaces will be all colorful and animated and 3D and I'm just like "why would a filthy-ass asteroid mine waste all that processor power on that crap when text does the job just as well"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I definitely think I got in way over my head with this build...

uL2l0k0.jpg

I found a tutorial video on how to build a Japanese castle in Minecraft. But I completely underestimated the sheer size of the thing. The moat itself is only 9 blocks deep, but it's 95 blocks long by 75 blocks wide, and clearing it out literally took me hours even though I'm in creative mode so I can break things with one punch (this is a creative building world. same world I built the Ferris wheel, Eiffel tower, and my fleet of hot air balloons in). There are no commands on the console version (not building in Bedrock because it is entirely too glitchy and I do not want to lose my worlds to the current world corruption bug) so I had to do it all the hard way.

The main castle's exterior is done and I'm working on the interior. There's still a whole other building I need to build, plus the gatehouse and the bridge. Then I have to fill the moat. So this is still a massive WIP

• Like 1