Election Megathread 2016

DrGravitas

14 minutes ago, MuttButt said:

Fair enough! I appreciate the well thought out post, I just thought it was funny that it was inspired by me taking the piss and being silly x3

Jokes about politics? Since when? This is srs bsns

No offense to cub just serious jibes run high on those fronts I dont blame him for wanting to go super cereal for the moment

Good news everyone, I voted!  Seeing as I have single handedly chosen every president for the last 20 years, apparently only my vote counts in presidential elections.  So you can all go about your business knowing I have chosen well.  My work here is done, time to pop open a cold one.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Zerig said:

the way I see it if Trump wins I can celebrate

and if Shillary wins I can laugh at the idiots and say "told ya so" when she inevitably is awful

Maybe if Hillary is president we will be able to find out where Madeleine McCann is once Wikileaks leaks more.

26 minutes ago, LadyRadarEars said:

NATO's mobilizing in eastern europe right now, if Hillary gets in there's gonna be a shitstorm, probably in Syria and Ukraine, and talking to all of my russian and military friends, there isn't really an option for Putin outside of the nuclear one.

Finally! An election topic I'm interested in!

Personally, I'm more concerned about what Russia would be allowed to do if Trump, and his lack of support for NATO's mission, is able to control foreign policy. We've come too far since the end of the Cold War to see things rolled back now.

The NATO build up does not concern me as it is the natural course of action given the circumstances. It is just a diplomatic tool and I expect no war. The last thing we need is Russian influence threatening to over take the Balkans, or worse: reasserting itself over our solidified gains in the Baltics and destabilizing that increasingly prosperous area.

• Like 1

Like many millennials, I am disillusioned with anything political and anything to do with my future, and instead would like to focus on voting in the small government that surrounds me and try not to have my reproductive rights ripped from me in my red state. Much like my owning a house and not having student debt when I'm 40 is a pipe dream, America fixing its shitty voting system and other things politically, horrendously wrong with it wont happen.

I voted shillary because I don't want mike goddamn pence in office, whispering into that trumpy bag of shit's ear. 

Welp I voted.

B U I L D   T H E   W A L L

trump ava 1.png

1 hour ago, Battlechili said:

If you don't mind my asking, what specifically has she stated or done that you guys deem...less than satisfactory?

I know the most common thing that people often say is that she's anti-vaccine, but that was never actually true.

My personal fav is her wanting to ban nuclear power plants because nukes are scary ;_;

• Like 3

I am just worried because there's a house about 20 feet away from my grandad's house that holds meetings for the LWK. Either way, they will be celebrating by showing their hatred for the lowercase t on their property.

Some of the college bro dudes have become bold too since they love to shout the n-word and throw things at me from their truck. They missed me last night. 

Dudes in one of my classes today were threatening people for not voting Trump, and they proceeded to place bets on how soon the revolution would happen. I don't even know who they think is revolting or where, but they gave up on betting when they all agreed it would happen before polls close.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I am just worried because there's a house about 20 feet away from my grandad's house that holds meetings for the LWK. Either way, they will be celebrating by showing their hatred for the lowercase t on their property.

Some of the college bro dudes have become bold too since they love to shout the n-word and throw things at me from their truck. They missed me last night. 

Geeze, stay safe out there! D8

Finally got to vote (I was at work from 6-2), place was pretty empty, so it only took a few minutes.

Now to wait for the results... I'll be in class as they come in, but we will be watching the results throughout class, I doubt the discussion on the Rape of Nanking will be too animated...

Also, I really don't get this whole "If Hillary wins the election was rigged" thing that Trump and others are spouting. Don't people realize just how unpopular Trump is? Most projections of the elections outcome give Hillary something like a 85% chance of winning, with only a few predicting a Trump victory as even marginally likely. Additionally, the only demographic that Trump is solidly winning is that of white uneducated males, which, while a large demographic, is very unlikely to make up for all the other demographics that he has repeatedly alienated. It really takes a candidate as disliked as Hillary to even give him any chance (in the primaries, Bernie was polling around 60% against him while Hillary was at just over 50%), but again, he is still by all reasonable projections going to lose the election by a significant margin.

It wouldn't make any sense for Hillary to rig an election that she is already going to win by any reasonable estimate, an election that will likely be won largely by the fact that her opponent is perceived as significantly worse than her.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

I wouldn't be calling election winners yet, everything can change in a heartbeat. There is a sense of apathy among the general public, and Trump's fanbase is very outspoken.

Still, I am rooting for anyone who isn't Trump.

Well, we are apparently seeing historically high turnout among Hispanic voters (according to the New York Times, there were about the same amount of Latinos who voted early in Florida this year as there were who voted in Florida in total for the 2012 election), so that alone could spell the doom of any chance Trump's campaign may have had...

• Like 1

Because I don't have a TV, I'm looking online for video coverage, and the ewe tuber is suggesting as featured live streams: NBC, ABC, PBS, Telemundo, Vice, Bloomberg, an ABC stream of Times Square, TYT, Complex News, USA Today, Fusion, MTV, Al Jazeera, and...

...Pink Floyd (Unveiling the Early Years with Nick Mason).

• Like 1

I really will move to Antarctica if we go to war with Russia. I'm not dying for some bankster shill who insists on continuing this stupid dick-waving contest against Russia. 

I'll live off penguin meat and fish. I'll be jacking off with whale blubber while Russia turns my former neighbors into dust.

#VerminSupreme2016

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

What do these mean, I'm on phone

LWK

Lpwercase T

5 minutes ago, Hux said:

I really will move to Antarctica if we go to war with Russia. I'm not dying for some bankster shill who insists on continuing this stupid dick-waving contest against Russia. 

I'll live off penguin meat and fish. I'll be jacking off with whale blubber while Russia turns my former neighbors into dust.

#VerminSupreme2016

I want Hillary to pick a fight with Russia so she can be blown off the face of the planet when they fuck USA in the ass

keep poking the bear

5 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

What do these mean, I'm on phone

LWK

Loyal White Knights. There are three headquarters in my state. One of them is run by this creepy guy who gives my sister and I a perverted stare when we walk by. The lowercase t thing was a joke.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Osrik said:

It wouldn't make any sense for Hillary to rig an election that she is already going to win by any reasonable estimate, an election that will likely be won largely by the fact that her opponent is perceived as significantly worse than her.

That right there was the actual rigging. We were given a turn sandwich, who's campaign picked a colossal douchebag to run against them. The rigging is that we really had no real choice here except Hillary :(

First thought: Glad that my country can give so much entertainment for the rest of the world! :)

Follow-up though: Sorry to the rest of the countries, like Canada, that no one cares about your presidents or elections :( 

1 minute ago, DrGravitas said:

Ooooh boy! Polls are closing in EST in less than an hour! Then the counts start rolling in! Well, I mean not immediately after they close. They gotta do the counting after all.

That's super fast though, it takes just a minute for all those votes to be processed and changed by Russian hackers, then sent to the US government servers and out to the media

3 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Or auto co-wrekt.

Auto correct isn't gonna turn "giant douche" into "massive douchebag" most of the time, though.

But if you're gonna use Sick Referential Burnz Bro™, being accurate is usually in proper form.

Im starting to wish I did vote just so I can vote for ballots and stuff. Im still totally split on what I would do for the presidential aspect part of it whether I would vote one or the other or straight up just troll that part of it with a pseudo candidate

• Like 1

Just now, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

But that's going to be on 2020. How will we know the US will last long enough to see it happen?

I asked that same question a lot when I was in school. "How do I know the school won't blow up before I come in tomorrow? What if the thirty minutes it takes to do my homework is wasted?"

• Guest locked this topic