Things That You Don't Understand!

FenrirDarkWolf

1 minute ago, Recel said:

2172e4798afe4cf4fe47e7fbe07642e7.png

Awww, please?

Save us Obi-Wan Recel, you're our only hope!

28 minutes ago, Recel said:

Why am I reading this forum again?

Also, you're probably here for the promised free murrsuiters and beer which, as it turns out, was actually revealed to be false advertising.

2 hours ago, Chaosmasterdelta said:

Why people are posting zelda: breath of the wild stuff in the nintendo switch thread instead of the thread made spacificly for that

Because they were talking about that in the Switch thread before there even was a separate one.

They're not obligated to pack up their shit and relocate discussion, especially when Zelda is the biggest thing on the Switch right now.

5 minutes ago, Vae said:

Because they were talking about that in the Switch thread before there even was a separate one.

They're not obligated to pack up their shit and relocate discussion, especially when Zelda is the biggest thing on the Switch right now.

84966365.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

Why are people scared of spiders, but not crabs? :o

They are similar, though crabs taste really good...I'm not so sure about spiders. Plus, crabs live in the ocean or brackish water, so one can more easily avoid them! They're a huge thing here, steamed crabs, crabcakes...I like crab cake sandwiches best; not nearly as messy as cracking them from the shell. But they are creepy looking...

41 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

They are similar, though crabs taste really good...I'm not so sure about spiders. Plus, crabs live in the ocean or brackish water, so one can more easily avoid them! They're a huge thing here, steamed crabs, crabcakes...I like crab cake sandwiches best; not nearly as messy as cracking them from the shell. But they are creepy looking...

I mean...I think both have their cute species. 
Like this thing is the cute friendo.

Ghost_Crab_image.jpg

But like...if you don't like spiders, I'd figure you'd be scared of something 4x larger than most with the same general body style, pincers, armor, and really spikey legs. Spiders are at least fuzzy and small usually. And if you're a savage, spiders are way easier to kill.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

I mean...I think both have their cute species. 
Like this thing is the cute friendo.

Ghost_Crab_image.jpg

But like...if you don't like spiders, I'd figure you'd be scared of something 4x larger than most with the same general body style, pincers, armor, and really spikey legs. Spiders are at least fuzzy and small usually. And if you're a savage, spiders are way easier to kill.

Aw! They are sorta aggressive. Like, if you get a half bushel of live crabs on ice, and as they start to wake up, I've seen them run around the kitchen, and even pinch this little dogs nose! But who wants to end up in a pot of boiling water? They aren't exactly dumb!

Me, I don't have the heart to make crabs like that, myself, and generally, only have crab-cakes (patties of crab meat, breading, egg, seasoning that are baked or fried), 'cause it makes me squeamish, cracking them open, and all the weird organs you scrape away, to get at the tasty parts.

24 minutes ago, Gator said:

at least crabs aren't venomous and capable of hiding in your clothes waiting to bite you when you least expect it

And are you judging people for trying to stay warm and find shelter? It's a hard world out there in Trump's America, boyo. These guys are trying to make it in the world. If you get bit, that's on you for disturbing their home.

1 hour ago, Tsuujou said:

And are you judging people for trying to stay warm and find shelter? It's a hard world out there in Trump's America, boyo. These guys are trying to make it in the world. If you get bit, that's on you for disturbing their home.

but their home is my left sock and they came there illegally

1e0.gif

• Like 5

People who make threads or long-ass posts and then immediately hide them.

I'm not talking about a piss-drunk adventure in exactly how much you can misspell a word on the keyboard before you give up and move to the next, and do the same thing, until you shit out something that barely resembles a sentence.
Just like legible posts that look like they were thought-out.

36 minutes ago, Vae said:

People who make threads or long-ass posts and then immediately hide them.

I'm not talking about a piss-drunk adventure in exactly how much you can misspell a word on the keyboard before you give up and move to the next, and do the same thing, until you shit out something that barely resembles a sentence.
Just like legible posts that look like they were thought-out.

as you probably know, given that you are a moderator and see pretty much everything. I'm pretty guilty of doing this a lot >with the exclusion of my recent pregnancy one... that one actually was done while on sleeping meds and NyQuil for my cough/cold bs, in tandem with pain pills for my screwed up shoulder i didn't think about that combo till i woke up and saw what i posted, and i'm glad i stopped where i did< usually i wind up doing it because i see some serious things coming because of it. like my thread on the whole "is pheonixed becoming hostile" white-knight BS i spouted a while back, which i had the urge to hide long before i actually did, but saw how many people where actually involved and wanted to discuss it. but hid it after it progressed from a discussion to an unintentional callout thread. in an easy way to put it, i think most do it because

A. we realize we REALLY made an asinine statement. (i'm guilty)

B. we decide it's pointless. "dont cry over spilt milk" goes here (ditto above)

C. prefers not to have evidence(?) not really me, i know nothing ever disappears, but when i moderated for other people, the "its not there, so you cant prove anything" seemed to be a pretty big mentality among people who actually thought it got deleted.

D. Damage control. basically the same thing as above, only slightly different "I take it back"

E. It is an effective way to end an argument. most of the time.

F. >my usual reason< It's no longer something that the poster feels like they want to talk about.

18 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

Why people drink/do drugs

Maybe I just live in some sort of weird fantasy world where it just seems foreign and weird to me.

For the same reason people go on carnival rides or drink caffeine.

Because those substances mess with the body's chemicals in a way that some people find enjoyable.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2017 at 4:33 PM, Saxon said:

Shameless double post; I know our perception of colour is contextual, but I still get confused when I use the colour pick tool and find out than an 'orange' colour I have been using is actually brown or grey.

That's simple

You have messed-up dichromatic fox vision

Get some human eyes or die trying

I cannot fathom men who complain that women 'play mind games', and do not understand why no women want to be around them.

Could it be that women don't like men who regard them as inherently deceptive and manipulative by virtue of being a woman?

One wonders whether this realisation will ever dawn on them.

Why when I'm happy, the people around me seem upset, and vise versa, or, some weird freak bad luck shit happens. It's like, a curse that stops me from enjoying my life, or being a happy person without the expense of negativity affecting the people around me. Sometimes, I'm actually afraid to overly enjoy myself because something negative may happen soon after.

On 3/18/2017 at 0:20 AM, Vae said:

For the same reason people go on carnival rides or drink caffeine.

Because those substances mess with the body's chemicals in a way that some people find enjoyable.

I understand that to an extent. However, I do not understand the appeal of "getting hammered" to the point of hardly being able to function at all, or getting sick in the process. Also the inevitable hangover that's bound to happen the day after. It almost seems like a competition of who can ingest the most poison without going to the hospital or dying. In those cases, you lose I guess.

1 hour ago, Socketosis said:

I understand that to an extent. However, I do not understand the appeal of "getting hammered" to the point of hardly being able to function at all, or getting sick in the process. Also the inevitable hangover that's bound to happen the day after. It almost seems like a competition of who can ingest the most poison without going to the hospital or dying. In those cases, you lose I guess.

People like different things.

Personally, I like getting shitfaced. I think it feels nice. It reacts with my body chemistry in a way that feels nice.
Getting sick because of that is just an unfortunate side-effect that happens sometimes, but not one that outweighs the fun I have when I'm that drunk. So it's a risk I accept.
Also not every binge-drinking session incurs a hangover. I've gotten drunk plenty of times without a hangover. I've gotten drunk even more times without getting sick.

If you're gonna ask why people like to drink and you don't, you may as well ask why people like anything that you don't.
Answer's gonna be about the same.

• Like 1

Digital thermometers. I have this fever and cold here, and there must be three thermometers in the medicine chest, all digital, all with dead batteries. By the time I get sick from the last time, the batteries are always dead, and those expensive, small kinda that cost as much as the dumb thermometer.

I wanna get one of old, glass kinds, that you shake, and you never have to worry about batteries for.

(I think I might have a sinus infection/bronchitis, maybe will see a doc tomorrow)

2 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Digital thermometers. I have this fever and cold here, and there must be three thermometers in the medicine chest, all digital, all with dead batteries. By the time I get sick from the last time, the batteries are always dead, and those expensive, small kinda that cost as much as the dumb thermometer.

I wanna get one of old, glass kinds, that you shake, and you never have to worry about batteries for.

(I think I might have a sinus infection/bronchitis, maybe will see a doc tomorrow)

There's another kind, which is a strip of plastic where the liquid crystals become visible upon reaching certain temperatures, so those won't ever suffer from dead batteries either, and it also won't smash if you drop it by accident.

C0070884-Liquid_crystal_strip_thermomete

8 minutes ago, Saxon said:

There's another kind, which is a strip of plastic where the liquid crystals become visible upon reaching certain temperatures, so those won't ever suffer from dead batteries either, and it also won't smash if you drop it by accident.

C0070884-Liquid_crystal_strip_thermomete

Ah, thanks, I'll have to look. We had desk/wall thermometers kinda like this, when I worked at the NASA Goddard library, years back...never imagined a sort for body temp.

Plus, I hate trying to find matches for the dizzying array of tiny batteries out there. What a horrible idea, the electric thermometer!

Also: Fevers give you such odd dreams. Very vivid, and there is always this certain nightmare I get when feverish that scares me more then anything on earth...will have to describe it, later.

2 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Ah, thanks, I'll have to look. We had desk/wall thermometers kinda like this, when I worked at the NASA Goddard library, years back...never imagined a sort for body temp.

Plus, I hate trying to find matches for the dizzying array of tiny batteries out there. What a horrible idea, the electric thermometer!

Also: Fevers give you such odd dreams. Very vivid, and there is always this certain nightmare I get when feverish that scares me more then anything on earth...will have to describe it, later.

I hope you feel better in the morning. A hot lemony drink might help.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2017 at 8:46 PM, Saxon said:

Fur hope ewe feel better in the morning. A hot lemony drink might help.

Thanks. Fur had a pear-ginger-apple-lemon juice at this juice bar & went to a dr and got some antibiotics...sinus infection, which arf hard to kick, sometimes. Still resting, mainly, and nosing about here. Might peek around a few furry servers Fur joined on Discord, and seek out some sort of RP, but dog-Yiff me, is it getting hard to find anyone who can still write. Fur do and don't understand why its getting harder to find people who like to write, and create their own worlds, as oppose to playing about in existing ones...though OC based things arf more and more rare.

Fur have the constant need to watch 9/11 videos, analyze the event, and empathize with the people who've lost their lives as well as their loved ones who have to endure the tragedy to this day. Fur remember watching it happen on TV when Fur was six years old turning seven in just two days, and Fur guess because Fur was a kid, Fur didn't think much of the situation and the extent of it until last year's 9/11, when my curiosity struck. Every year since September 11th, 2001, it feels like it happened just yesterday. What Fur don't understand is, why couldn't Fur've felt bad about it when Fur was a kid, why did it take 15 years for me to finally get it? Fur feel sort of, late to the situation, or the odd one out, so to speak, and Fur'm finally catching up. Fur now sometimes wonder what the world would be like today if 9/11 never happened, but Fur suppose that's an unrealistic thing to think about.

On 02/04/2017 at 6:29 AM, WolfyAmbassador said:

Fur have the constant need to watch 9/11 videos, analyze the event, and empathize with the people who've lost their lives as well as their loved ones who have to endure the tragedy to this day. Fur remember watching it happen on TV when Fur was six years old turning seven in just two days, and Fur guess because Fur was a kid, Fur didn't think much of the situation and the extent of it until last year's 9/11, when my curiosity struck. Every year since September 11th, 2001, it feels like it happened just yesterday. What Fur don't understand is, why couldn't Fur've felt bad about it when Fur was a kid, why did it take 15 years for me to finally get it? Fur feel sort of, late to the situation, or the odd one out, so to speak, and Fur'm finally catching up. Fur now sometimes wonder what the world would be like today if 9/11 never happened, but Fur suppose that's an unrealistic thing to think about.

We're not emotionally mature when we're children, so I suppose it is not surprising that the gravitas of tragedy doesn't become apparent to us until we are older.

4 hours ago, Saxon said:

We're not emotionally mature when we're children, so I suppose it is not surprising that the gravitas of tragedy doesn't become apparent to us until we are older.

I wish they rebuilt the original towers, the new tower doesn't seem to blend well with the rest of the city.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

I wish they rebuilt the original towers, the new tower doesn't seem to blend well with the rest of the city.

I If I had them rebuilt then outside would stay the same, inside would be made with stuff newer than the 70s materials used in the originals and the memorial would go in a new basement floor.

The current replacement seems vaguely like the shard in London what with all the glass, London has gone and made a lot of skyscrapers with controversial design choices lately.

21 minutes ago, Lopaw said:

I If I had them rebuilt then outside would stay the same, inside would be made with stuff newer than the 70s materials used in the originals and the memorial would go in a new basement floor.

The current replacement seems vaguely like the shard in London what with all the glass, London has gone and made a lot of skyscrapers with controversial design choices lately.

All the glass seems way more fucking dangerous if something were to happen to it now, god forbid.

this thing that i experienced.  i... there is no rational explanation for it.

i went into the fridge to get a slice of cheese.  the package was open, and the cheese was starting to dry out.  i looked in and the slice on top was missing a few large chunks, almost as if someone had just taken bites out of it and put it back in--including the little paper separator underneath.  what the actual fuck?  WHAT.  am i to assume my grandma just opened the cheese, ripped off some pieces with the paper still stuck to it, shoved half a slice back into the package, and put it back in the fridge without even shutting it?  is she drunk???  i don't even wanna ask about this.  i really don't.  i just threw that piece away and shut the package. 

• 3 weeks later...