Things That You Don't Understand!

FenrirDarkWolf

How gaming my steel series headphones actually sound great and crisp to my ears..............anyone who is into audio knows just how much of an amazement that statement can make......in a market where attention is made with flashy design at the expense of the most basic features

I mean I am happy tho...just surprised a lot xD

Why i never got into Kyuss sooner, they're bloody amazing dude.

On 4/28/2017 at 5:22 AM, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

I need an opinion

Would you be OK with hugging a guy with a murrsuit if he cleaned the murrsuit properly?

No, i only like my murrsuits filthy and reeking of stale sweat.

• Like 1

I don't understand how the powers that be at my work can be so absolutely brain dead.

I was clearing out my work emails last night when I discovered this gem of a flier was emailed hospital wide a few weeks back and I somehow didn't notice it...

IWCDKyZ.png

I work in a forensic mental hospital for the criminally insane. Who the fuck thought this would be a good idea?!? None of the patients are locked up and they all wander the facility like free range chickens. Every single one of them have commit a violent crime. There are murderers, rapists and child molesters freely wandering about. But sure, lets bring our children in to work with us. Jesus Christ....

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

One of our newest team members slows to a stop in front of my cube, I glance up and he looks back. We stare for a moment before I look back to my computer. A second later I realize he's still staring so I look to stare back. He's holding a small brown folded bag, a paper cup, and chewing. He looks about to crack a smile and I look incredulous.

"What're you eating?" I finally ask to break this awkward silence.

"Coffee." He responds.

I can hear crunching.

We both are silent for seconds more. "... and how is it?" I jumpstart the dieing conversation with.

"It's not bad." he responds and continues chewing.

A moment later, he starts spitting into the cup. Ptoo, ptoo, ptoo. He spits quite a lot.

"Reconsidering that?" I ask.

He continues spitting it out into the cup as he starts to walk back to his seat without another word.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

One of our newest team members slows to a stop in front of my cube, I glance up and he looks back. We stare for a moment before I look back to my computer. A second later I realize he's still staring so I look to stare back. He's holding a small brown folded bag, a paper cup, and chewing. He looks about to crack a smile and I look incredulous.

"What're you eating?" I finally ask to break this awkward silence.

"Coffee." He responds.

I can hear crunching.

We both are silent for seconds more. "... and how is it?" I jumpstart the dieing conversation with.

"It's not bad." he responds and continues chewing.

A moment later, he starts spitting into the cup. Ptoo, ptoo, ptoo. He spits quite a lot.

"Reconsidering that?" I ask.

He continues spitting it out into the cup as he starts to walk back to his seat without another word.

what

• Like 1

I don't understand how my pals can go out clubbing until 6am every week. I join them whenever I'm in the area (and have the funds to justify it), and we always have a few drinks in a quiet bar first, then go to the club at roughly midnight - but I'm bored and tired as fuck and usually want to leave by about 3am. I wonder what's possibly so interesting that keeps them there until the club closes?

On 2017-5-1 at 0:51 AM, GarthTheWereWolf said:

[the image]

When I first saw this, I thought 'graphic design is my passion' but to be fair, I've seen much worse posters. 'Bring your child to work day in a criminally insane mental hospital' ranks very highly in terms of 'dumbest ideas I've ever heard' though

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

what

I do know that there's some edible coffee bean products out there. I remember in college I tried a little packet of chocolate-covered ones. In fact, now that I think about it, I mentioned that little anecdote to a him and a couple others last week.  But this looked like a regular bag of coffee beans. Either way the exchange was completely bizarre.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

I do know that there's some edible coffee bean products out there. I remember in college I tried a little packet of chocolate-covered ones. In fact, now that I think about it, I mentioned that little anecdote to a him and a couple others last week.  But this looked like a regular bag of coffee beans. Either way the exchange was completely bizarre.

I used to get chocolate coated coffee beans from the costa in college and use them like caffeine tablets, but they stopped selling them.

• Like 1

Choco coffee beans are damn good.

Also eating coffee or espresso beans doesn't seem that weird to me.
I let all the chocolate melt off of them while they're in my mouth, before I crunch into the bare bean.
It's not bad if you like coffee.

• Like 3

Don't understand why this datasheet I looked mentions the IC it describes as being a replacement for the 555, 556 and 355 timers.

I know what the first two are but since when has there been a 355 timer? I'm confused if this 355 is a long obsolete thing or the prototype 555 timer that I heard about on a site dedicated to the creator of the 555 who died.

2 hours ago, Gator said:

why anyone would have carpet in their bathroom or kitchen

it hurts me inside just thinking about it, knowing that this happens

UGLY
TEXTURED
FUCKING TEAL
CARPET

Think about it. Let that image burn into your brain. 

i like teal tbh but it didn't even match the wallpaper

but who cares about how ugly it was?  IT WAS IN THE BATHROOM FOR CHRIST'S SAKE WHAT KIND OF MANIAC PUTS CARPET IN A BATHROOM OR A KITCHEN AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gator said:

why anyone would have carpet in their bathroom or kitchen

it hurts me inside just thinking about it, knowing that this happens

12 hours ago, Red Lion said:

UGLY
TEXTURED
FUCKING TEAL
CARPET

Think about it. Let that image burn into your brain. 

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I can understand a mat in front of the toilet or the bath tub, but the WHOLE bathroom? That'd get SOOOOO filthy!!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Red Lion said:

everything. >8[

Those are fighting words. >:(

6 hours ago, Gator said:

i like teal tbh but it didn't even match the wallpaper

but who cares about how ugly it was?  IT WAS IN THE BATHROOM FOR CHRIST'S SAKE WHAT KIND OF MANIAC PUTS CARPET IN A BATHROOM OR A KITCHEN AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Please tell me that they're at least made to be water resistant. Still bad but it could be worse.

2 hours ago, Mayonnaise said:

Please tell me that they're at least made to be water resistant. Still bad but it could be worse.

Bring it!  *throws gauntlet*  

Joking aside I have no real justification for my hatred of the color teal. I just hate it.

And yeah, I'm in agreement that the worst part is the fact that it was in the BATHROOM of all places. 

7 hours ago, Mayonnaise said:

no you can literally see the gross wet stains

Our dogs bark whenever anyone even thinks about walking past the house. Actually, we have one dog who is a pain in the ass for being like that, and she sets off our other dog who WAS pretty good. Now she's also in the habit of barking at anything and everything.

Parents got a spray bottle and filled it with water to condition them out of barking. I took this very seriously because the barking drives me fucking crazy. I hate dogs, I hate them so much. I like our dogs but that's as far as it goes, and I hate their barking.

I get reprimanded for spraying the dogs when they bark because "we want them to bark when people come here, it's what dogs do".

Meanwhile my parents are both yelling "QUIET!" and generally being pissed off verbally about the dogs almost making them go deaf every 2 minutes when someone comes along and they bark.

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT, MUM AND DAD?! Do you want them to bark or not?!

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Fossa said:

Gack, that sounds awful!

Myself, I don't understand the sudden popularity of spinners, and fidget devices. Why now?

as far as I can tell it started like most trends do, with school children.

My sister's elementary school sent out a letter banning fidget spinners because they've become a problem. They come in different colors and shapes and they spin. Apparently that's all children need. This is the cool, must have toy of the current generation of gremlins. I equate this fad to the same stupid shit that was big in the 90's and 00's. Kinda like jelly bracelets or gigapets/tamagotchi, you know, stuff that doesn't really do much and isn't nearly as cool as it seems but for some reason every other kid you knew had one. 

Chalk it up to, "It's vaguely fun, colorful, and that rich little weasel you wanna dump in a toilet got one that's made of real metal and looks like a ninja star." Boom. Instant fad fodder. 

11 hours ago, Chrysocyon said:

Cinnamon Pepsi. Why is this a thing? Who asked for this?

Cassia, a form of cinnamon, is one of the chief ingredients in cola flavouring, along with citrus oils, vanilla extract, and to a lesser extent essential oils like nutmeg and neroli. In my limited experience, a lot of small cola brands, particularly ones from countries which are not the USA, use greater amounts of cassia or other sorts of cinnamon in their flavourings where the big brands here (and their knockoffs and minor competitors) tend to favour citrus in the mix instead—if I'm not mistaken, Coke uses actual lime concentrate and slightly more orange oil where Pepsi tends to lean harder on lemon. When I tried the aforementioned Pepsi flavour earlier today, my first thought was, "Huh, this tastes a lot like Jarritos. Neat."

If you couldn't tell, I'm all for this experiment, in part because I prefer cassia-heavy cola formulations and in part because novel cola variants and quirky soft drinks in general make me happy. (I really wish we had Irn Bru and Moxie here but I can get by on kola champagne and Sangria Señorial.)

People averse to any and all negativity. (I'm not talking about people who have limit levels or just don't want to deal with certain things.)

Like how... do you even function?

People who are always nasty and crabby. There's this crotchety old lady who comes to the library, always bitchy, mean, snarling, insulting, and rude. She finally got in trouble for violating the University's Code of Conduct, when she cursed out one of the student workers on some wild rampage to the point she was was pretty much screaming. I think she's some retired professor, but she needs an enema, or to get laid, or a Valium, or all of the above. In 10 years, I have never seen her say one kind thing...always that same mean scowl, no matter how nice you are, or how efficient the service is. 

6 hours ago, Fossa said:

People who are always nasty and crabby. There's this crotchety old lady who comes to the library, always bitchy, mean, snarling, insulting, and rude. She finally got in trouble for violating the University's Code of Conduct, when she cursed out one of the student workers on some wild rampage to the point she was was pretty much screaming. I think she's some retired professor, but she needs an enema, or to get laid, or a Valium, or all of the above. In 10 years, I have never seen her say one kind thing...always that same mean scowl, no matter how nice you are, or how efficient the service is. 

I wonder what kind of life she leads. Probably a very unhappy one. Lousy people tend to have lousy lives.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mandragoras said:

I wonder what kind of life she leads. Probably a very unhappy one. Lousy people tend to have lousy lives.

Yeah, I mean, in many ways, I feel bad for her, and part of me wishes I could help, I mean, you know, its hard to see people that unhappy. The other part wants to run!

6 hours ago, Fossa said:

Yeah, I mean, in many ways, I feel bad for her, and part of me wishes I could help, I mean, you know, its hard to see people that unhappy. The other part wants to run!

Man, have I ever been there. Too many times. It's draining.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why in the last year I've been so infatuated with one particular joy above many......cuddling the heck out of my plush wolf and having the most fluttery happy heart in the world from a simple hug from friends.....not that complete understanding is needed but hey it would sate curiosity to know :3

cute-animals-sleeping-stuffed-toys-37.jpg

• Like 1

how my grandma can be so clueless/why she assumes i have literally no goals despite me telling her multiple times exactly what i'm hoping for and how i'm trying to get there.

like, after years of me being stuck here trying desperately to save up money so i can afford to move back out, just today she asks if i would be less unhappy if i had my own place.  ...how is that even a question?  how can that be a thing you didn't consider a possibility until just now?  "no, grandma, i'd much rather be confined to a single room in someone else's house for the rest of my life, and be treated like a little kid when i'm thirty.  i can't imagine being happier finally having my own place like a fucking grown-up and having a housemate who doesn't tell me what to do or how not to decorate my room.  i love being a pathetic manchild and spending every day quietly tiptoeing around someone who secretly can't stand me."

i just... i need to lie down.

@Gator That doesn't sound very clueless, if anything that question could have been a starter to delving deeper in and finding out what you truly want (or what is bothering you). Depending on how you act around her, she might be picking up certain subtle cues and is just worried for your wellbeing. Sometimes it takes awhile to build up the confidence to ask about personal issues, and from your most recent thread - I assume - might have pushed her into action had she been watching you closely.

Just my 2 cents on this, at least. I know there's probably more going on behind the scenes that only you're aware of.

• 4 weeks later...