Things That You Don't Understand!

FenrirDarkWolf

I don't understand why someone I know (a friend of a former friend) decided to close down their business, even though it was actually making money! The worst part is I was well on the way to being their biggest customer, and there is no other local place I know that fills my aching desire for fancy sodas.

I'll never understand the appeal of greek yogurt over regular yogurt or why it's so fucking trendy right now. Why would I want to pay more for something that tastes like spoiled milk that I need to sweeten to enjoy anyways?

I'll just buy a fucking pint of regular vanilla yogurt.

Edited by Kaizy
  • Like 1

I don't understand how people can be so complacent with their lives, things that happen within their lives, or things being "the way they are" in places they regularly go. Do some people genuinely not aspire to improve things around them to make their life more comfortable? Or are they afraid that by making a fuss, it'll only make everything more difficult?

Complacency and Apathy just... don't make sense to me.

If you want something less "angsty" and "serious": Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Edited by ChaosCalix
  • Like 1

I don't understand how people can continue to blame outside reasons for their own bad behavior. Just grow a pair and own up to it when you f*ck up!

Magnets work because of the orbits of electrons around atoms. Anytime a charge (Positive or negative) is moving it gives off an electric field and a magnetic field. Look at an electromagnet. You pass a current through a tightly coiled wire and it becomes a magnet, same thing, a charge is moving around and around. If you want more information look it up online, I am sure there are animations and explanations about it. It involves a few physics and chemistry principles you guys should have been taught in school.

• Like 1

I don't understand how these radicals on Tumblr think their actions will improve anything, nor will I understand why they choose to complain about how their society is viewed. Like really, you people brought this upon yourselves. You knew what you were doing was wrong. Why do you choose to know complain about how you are seen?

I'll never understand cynics and overly critical for the sake of being cynical, critical people. Not critics in general, I'm a critical person a lot of the time, but only ever towards things that I either love, or want to love. I always go into these things with an aura of optimism, I never hate something before I've seen it. And even after I've seen it, chances are I still won't outright hate it, even if I know it's terrible.

I'm talking about people who have clearly made up their minds before they've even attempted to enjoy something. It comes off as nothing short of pretentious when all I ever see out of a person when they speak to me or post something online is some overly lengthy rant over the latest thing that they absolutely hate for a bunch of pretty subjective reasons that must mean that the problem is rooted entirely in the thing that they're critiquing, and that everybody who disagrees with them must just not be smart or aware enough to understand it well enough to hate it. I can understand not liking something that simply isn't to your tastes, but these people will go to crazy lengths to shame other people who enjoy said something.

I'll also never understand people who choose sides in things so ultimately arbitrary as what console you choose to play video games on, or which comic book publisher you prefer.

Both of these I'll never understand for the same reason, too. And that would be why on earth you would willingly and oftentimes aggressively deny yourself, and sometimes even try denying other people the enjoyment of so many things, usually on the basis that there is only one true and correct path to take, or choice to make.
And honestly in the end it comes off as hilariously tragic to watch people like this flounder about with their depressingly overcritical, contrarian attitudes while the rest of the world around them is seemingly having a genuinely good time actually LIKING things.

Edited by Sidhenearlahi
spellcheck yo
  • Like 1

What the fuck is th e difference between a lunar eclipse and a new moon

This temporarily blew my mind.. until I googled it.

New moons occur because of our changing viewpoint of the Moon; lunar eclipses occur when the Earth gets in the way of the light from the Sun and stops it hitting the Moon.
New moons occur when the Moon is between the Sun and the Earth; lunar eclipses occur when the Earth is between the Sun and the Moon.

Source: http://blogstronomy.blogspot.co.nz/2010/01/whats-difference-between-new-moon-and.html 

Edited by ChaosCalix

What the fuck is th e difference between a lunar eclipse and a new moon

Ok, I mean no offense, at all, but. Do they not have science classes anymore? Have they gotten rid of those? This is like asking what the difference between the sun setting and a solar eclipse is.

Chalk that up to something I can't understand, I guess.

• Like 1

Ok, I mean no offense, at all, but. Do they not have science classes anymore? Have they gotten rid of those? This is like asking what the difference between the sun setting and a solar eclipse is.

In my science class, we never learned that. In my class we learned more about physics, chemistry and biology.
Did very little astronomy-based stuff.

In my science class, we never learned that. In my class we learned more about physics, chemistry and biology.Did very little astronomy-based stuff.

That's very odd, because I learned basic stuff about how the moon orbits the earth, the earth around the sun, what causes moon phases, seasons and tides, eclipses etc. in late grade school. 

Wait, did they actually teach me that stuff or did I just read everything I could get my hands on? I can't remember...maybe schools really do suck ass.

People who consider hate, anger, or strong distaste for something to be all-consuming. I don't know what some people do, but give me a little bit of credit. I can fucking multitask. I can hate something without letting it overrule or disrupt other parts of my life.

Also, why people invest so much of their identity into something miniscule in scale, instead of just doing whatever the fuck suits their taste.
Be it a subculture, an interest, whatever.

It's been years since I was in highschool, and the only science course I recall taking in my brief college days was an Astronomy lab class, which focused mainly on how telescopes works, and stars. 

I don't particularly understand why I'm doing calc if I'm just an accounting major.

Probably to try and weed out anyone without much number sense early.

I don't understand why the general education distribution requirements at most universities have gotten so weak when it comes to math and the sciences. In most places and most majors you can get by without taking any classes that go beyond high school level.

Probably to try and weed out anyone without much number sense early.

I don't understand why the general education distribution requirements at most universities have gotten so weak when it comes to math and the sciences. In most places and most majors you can get by without taking any classes that go beyond high school level.

Well, I feel like most majors just simply don't NEED the knowledge.
I can't wait to start my accounting classes, actually.

Well, I feel like most majors just simply don't NEED the knowledge.
I can't wait to start my accounting classes, actually.

If you are only going by NEED then the general education requirement is gone in the first place. However, you would be left with a vocational program and not a bachelor's degree as it's traditionally understood.

How the fuck any of you people draw. I keep trying and giving up over the the years.

The easiest way is to start too young to be self-conscious about how crap you are. The next easiest way is to just set out expecting to be crap so that you can't disappoint yourself out of even trying.

The easiest way is to start too young to be self-conscious about how crap you are. The next easiest way is to just set out expecting to be crap so that you can't disappoint yourself out of even trying.

Well then I'm hopeless. I usually expect it to be crap when I go in and end up disappointed even after that. 

Well then I'm hopeless. I usually expect it to be crap when I go in and end up disappointed even after that. 

Hop on the Art exchange then and throw out some freebies. Its a place to start when you want to try your craft in a friendly and supportive environment commitment free! 

If you are only going by NEED then the general education requirement is gone in the first place. However, you would be left with a vocational program and not a bachelor's degree as it's traditionally understood.

I see...
I just want to account for things xD

I see...
I just want to account for things xD

Yep, the underlying problem is that bachelor's and higher degrees have displaced vocational training and accreditation in so many areas. The four year degree was never meant to be job training, it was meant to be a higher level of broad education.

Hop on the Art exchange then and throw out some freebies. Its a place to start when you want to try your craft in a friendly and supportive environment commitment free! 

I'm not comfortable showing my work to anyone, if I'm personally embarrassed to look at it myself. Anyway, I don't even have any tablet to draw with anymore so it's not like I'll be trying again anytime soon again.

Yes x.x This is why I have had so much trouble picking it up again. I'm a god damn perfectionist these days, and have been for years. Trying to pick up drawing again is a nightmare for me...

I don't understand why Mcdonalds offers all day breakfast, clearly shows combo meals on their all day breakfast menu, but won't let me order the combo meal. Yet is perfectly OK with me ordering the exact same items a la carte for the exact same price as the listed combo.

Fucking stoopid.

Was almost as good as the Taco Bell employee that was adamant that a menu item had no tomatos or onions on it, yet acknowledged that it had pico de gallo. But no tomatos or onions! Nope!

I don't understand why when I'm on a delivery, everyone seems to think that asking for free food is such an original joke.

Sometimes it makes me wish I could fill a super soaker with animal urine and spray them down, like someone squirting a spray bottle at a mischievous dog.

I don't understand why Mcdonalds offers all day breakfast, clearly shows combo meals on their all day breakfast menu, but won't let me order the combo meal. Yet is perfectly OK with me ordering the exact same items a la carte for the exact same price as the listed combo.

Fucking stoopid.

Was almost as good as the Taco Bell employee that was adamant that a menu item had no tomatos or onions on it, yet acknowledged that it had pico de gallo. But no tomatos or onions! Nope!

I don't understand why the McDonald's in my area closes at 11. I stay up a lot later than that, what if I want a cheeseburger at 3 AM, damnit?

Just out of curiosity:Do you mean "understanding how to" draw realistic anatomy, or "don't understand why" people draw realistic anatomy?
Probably the former, just genuine curiosity.

I don't understand How to, my English isn't fluent so I always try to be as direct as possible, it tends to cause little mistakes like these.

• Like 1

I don't quite understand how Avenged Sevenfold went from a metalcore band, to a Maiden-esque shredfest, to somewhere in between, to a more generic metal sound. I understand that bands evolve over time, but I prefer City of Evil or their self titled album to Hail to the King. Still more consistent than Trivium, though.